Outdoor Alexa - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2020, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Outdoor Alexa

Im looking for an outdoor Alexa solution.

Not interested in music playback, speaker quality etc. as i have regular outdoor speakers Im looking for something I can have out by my pool so that I can use voice control from pool to operate music, Jandy pool effects etc.

Im not seeing any Alexa outdoor options anywhere

Any advice would be appreciated
Matt Buczek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 02-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Member
 
sbarnesvta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Buczek View Post
Im looking for an outdoor Alexa solution.

Not interested in music playback, speaker quality etc. as i have regular outdoor speakers Im looking for something I can have out by my pool so that I can use voice control from pool to operate music, Jandy pool effects etc.

Im not seeing any Alexa outdoor options anywhere

Any advice would be appreciated
They don't make anything weatherproof with Alexa built in that I have seen.

They are cheap enough I just mounted one to the underside of my patio cover and it works great, been out there a couple winter seasons and it is still going strong.

You could also mount on in a weatherproof nema enclosure and open the door when you want to use it, but that might be a hassle for as cheap as they are.

SBTS-Inc.com
- Certified Crestron Master Programmer and DM T-4K, D-4K, E-4K, DM-NVX Certifications.
- RTI Programmer/ Driver Developer
- Rational Acoustics Smaart Certified
- QSC QSYS Lvl 2 Certified Programmer
sbarnesvta is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 02-12-2020, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnesvta View Post
They don't make anything weatherproof with Alexa built in that I have seen.

They are cheap enough I just mounted one to the underside of my patio cover and it works great, been out there a couple winter seasons and it is still going strong.

You could also mount on in a weatherproof nema enclosure and open the door when you want to use it, but that might be a hassle for as cheap as they are.
Thanks. Theres nowhere really underside of anything to mount it. I looked at the Nema Enclosures and Like them but not sure if Alexa would hear me from inside
Matt Buczek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 02-13-2020, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
bluewaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Macungie,PA
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just take an Echo Dot and wrap a zip lock bag around it.
bluewaves is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 02-17-2020, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaves View Post
Just take an Echo Dot and wrap a zip lock bag around it.
Was hoping for something more permanent
Matt Buczek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Home Automation

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off