ELAN vs Control4 vs Savant vs Crestron - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 03-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash View Post
An idea of the cost factor between C4 and Crestron would really help as I intend to cater to the mid-level market. Hence the solution needs to be affordable.

I'm not ruling out high-end installations once in a while when the opportunity arises but that will not be my main focus.
also - from a business standpoint, you likely would be less successful launching a business as a "jack of all trades" ie having C4/Savant for middle market, Crestron for higher market, etc. I'd think you are better off focusing on a core market, mid market residential, commercial (either corporate buildings or bars/restaurants), high end residential, etc. find a rinse and repeat solution that should be a foundation for 80% of your work, 20% you tinker with for the specific install, and rinse and repeat on the next job. as you form a brand and a company maybe you can branch out. but starting off saying I want to do mid market but I won't turn my back on high end, when different tools/cost factors are involved is a big risk

it is hard to turn down business I know but I've been in IT sales for 16 years and I've been honest with customers and turned down business before - I am not suited to be the best solution for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-20-2020, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlotogura View Post
also - from a business standpoint, you likely would be less successful launching a business as a "jack of all trades" ie having C4/Savant for middle market, Crestron for higher market, etc. I'd think you are better off focusing on a core market, mid market residential, commercial (either corporate buildings or bars/restaurants), high end residential, etc. find a rinse and repeat solution that should be a foundation for 80% of your work, 20% you tinker with for the specific install, and rinse and repeat on the next job. as you form a brand and a company maybe you can branch out. but starting off saying I want to do mid market but I won't turn my back on high end, when different tools/cost factors are involved is a big risk

it is hard to turn down business I know but I've been in IT sales for 16 years and I've been honest with customers and turned down business before - I am not suited to be the best solution for everyone.
That makes sense and I agree with a lot of the things you've mentioned. For me, reputation comes first and I prefer to be honest with clients. I don't believe in short-cuts and go the extra mile and beyond to get things right. Control4 seems to be the right solution but I am really liking what I'm reading about Crestron Home and the associated OS3.
post #33 of 33 Old 03-20-2020, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Anyone here with any experience and insight pertaining to the new Crestron Home (OS3) ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Automation

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page