Watch iTunes Movies on Van Video Screens - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-10-2017, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Watch iTunes Movies on Van Video Screens

We have a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan with video screens in the back for the kids. You are supposed to be able to plug a tablet or hard drive into one of the USB ports and play digital movies on the screens. I'd prefer to do it via downloaded movies rather than streaming them using my cellular data.

I just recently started purchasing digital movies via iTunes. I see they have the option of being downloaded in iTunes. My question is: where do those movies download to and how would I put them on an external hard drive or USB stick to plug into the van's USB port?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2017, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked: 4448
The movies download to your phone's memory. Thing is, they may be encrypted to play back only on Apple products. IOW, I don't THINK they are in a format your van can read. AIUI, your van will read .mkv, mp4 and .avi files and that's about it. And it's picky with audio codecs, too. From what I read on the Chrysler forums, different memory sticks can cause issues. It appears to be a really finicky system.

Anyway, you'll most likely have to convert download movies to make them readable by the system. Trial and error until you figure it out. That's the hard part.

Good luck.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page