Objective measurements of portable players using innovative df-metric - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-16-2018, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Objective measurements of portable players using innovative df-metric

After two years of beta-testing I would like to present the new audio measurement method based on the new listener-centric audio metric.

Such measurements:
  • correlate well to human perception of sound quality;
  • are valid for digital audio;
  • do not contradict traditional audio metric but extend it;
  • are understandable to people without technical background;
  • can be performed at home using any recording device; accuracy of that device will determine final accuracy of the measurements;
  • will help to control manufacturers of audio equipment by consumers.

While R&D of this new measurement approach is still in progress, the objective measurement procedure for hardware audio circuits is mature enough for practical use. Portable players are very suitable candidates to start with.

As this is my first post on AVS forum I'm not allowed to use links and images. Short and clear explanation of the new audio metric along with measurements of first two devices can be found on SoundExpert website in the Ratings -> Portable players section. If anybody finds that page interesting and worth reading for AVS community, please, post direct link in your comment.

I'm ready to answer your questions. Also, please, propose portable players for such music-based audio measurements. They are surprisingly revealing.

Serge.

soundexpert.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-23-2018, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SoundExpert has launched cashless crowdfunding campaign for testing popular digital audio players. This campaign uses open and legit mining of cryptocurrency in browsers. Funds, collected this way, will be used for buying portable players and performing measurements. Feel free to suggest devices for testing.

soundexpert.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page