Bluetooth speaker for working outside - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2WheelsWillTravel

post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2019, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Bluetooth speaker for working outside

I'm looking to find a decent sized bluetooth speaker that I can take outside when working. I want it to be water resistant and have a good enough battery to last most of the day, or have a 110v plugin so I can just hook it up to an extension cord. By decent size I'm meaning not one of those <4" cubes, I'd like to be able to toss my phone on it. I know that a lot of tool companies make speakers these days, but I don't want to use a battery like that unless the speaker came with one. Basically I'm looking for a rough and tumble speaker that you can haul around the yard.

Denon X4300H; Sony XBR75 900E; Definitive Technology RLS-II/DI 5.5LCR/DI 5.5R; NHT SW12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2019, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 178
It's not cheap, but the JBL Boombox (that's actually the name). Battery life rated for 24hrs, I imagine at full blast that would probably be more in the high teens, still enough to get you from dawn to dusk. It's waterproof. It has a button on the back to quickly change EQ mode from indoors/outdoors. It's definitely no tiny cube, but it isn't so big that it would be like lugging one of those monolith party speaker around the yard.

If you're interested in grabbing one, don't pay the full $450 retail. It can often be had for around 380 on sale, in fact Amazon looks like they have the forest green color one for 350 right now. If you want to hear it before sinking the cash, Best Buy carries them.
GoZags13 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Portable A/V

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page