Samsung LCD TV As PC Moniter Overscan Issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I recently bought a 40 inch Samsung LCD to use as a computer monitor. When I initially plugged it in, the tv had some overscan issues but I fixed that using ATI's CCC custom screen setting(set it at 1840 x 1020) the only problem is when I switch to another source and then switch back to my PC HDMI in source, it will now not recognize that there is a signal and I will have to restart my PC if I want it to show up on screen again. Now, when the LCD was being over scanned it had no problem switching between sources. So I am wondering if there is some way I can make my LCD have no overscan issues and still be able to switch back and fourth between different sources? Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
there is a function in one of the picture settings... you can set it to "full screen" iirc instead of "16:9". if that's not the right setting name, one of those settings will correct the size so that 1080p will show up without dealing w/ overscan in the cccp. I don't understand why the tv is defaulted to not showing the whole picture.

HTPC always in progess...
things I've learned here:
"the sound of a power cord" is BS.
turn your center speaker 90 degrees.
avoid women who require WAF in a HT.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 220
I believe the Samsung has a video mode called "Just Scan".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-28-2009, 08:51 PM

I fixed my overscan issue when connecting my ATI video card to my Samsung LCD TV by going to:
menu->picture->picture options->size
And changed the size from the default of 16x9 to "Screen Fit"

Now the text is razor sharp and fills the screen completely without having to tweak the overscan or underscan options in the CCC driver options.

Thanks for all your help out there!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-28-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user83248324 View Post

Hi,

I recently bought a 40 inch Samsung LCD to use as a computer monitor. When I initially plugged it in, the tv had some overscan issues but I fixed that using ATI's CCC custom screen setting(set it at 1840 x 1020) the only problem is when I switch to another source and then switch back to my PC HDMI in source, it will now not recognize that there is a signal and I will have to restart my PC if I want it to show up on screen again. Now, when the LCD was being over scanned it had no problem switching between sources. So I am wondering if there is some way I can make my LCD have no overscan issues and still be able to switch back and fourth between different sources? Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

What kind of tv is it? If you plan on using an LCD TV as a monitor you should set your desktop resolution to the panel's native size. So if it is a 1080p set use [email protected] that way it lines up perfectly pixel per pixel. Then us the P. Size setting to set to "screen fit". Also make sure to use the first "HDMI/DVI" input into your television then rename the input to "PC" or "DVI PC" to enable PC mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page