the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 255 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 744Likes

post #7621 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
I deciding between 2 TV's. My budget is 800 and it is for my bedroom 15x10. Medium light. But a lot of nigjtime watching as well.

I have to decide by today

The Sony XBR43X830C or the Samsung UN40 JU6500.

I am sorry I'm not quite as up on it as most but your help is appreciated based on what I said, or even though I realize picture is objective like sound, please don't hesitate to say "in my opinion" or "what I hear from others " etc.
Hmm...lots of trade-offs between those two and you don't really say how you will be using it so here are the basic differences.

X830C:
120Hz panel
24p support
Better motion controls
Android TV
Better viewing angles

JU6500:
Much better contrast/blacks

That may seem a little one sided but better contrast is kind of a big deal for many people. Additionally, Android TV is a bit of a mixed bag. Cool technology but still has quite a few bugs on these Sony TVs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7622 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looking for a budget-minded new 32-inch LED with VGA input. From what I've gathered, VGA is no longer an option on most new model TVs. Any ideas? Doesn't have to be a smart TV, my goal is to connect retro consoles via RGB.
post #7623 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by accaris View Post
Looking for a budget-minded new 32-inch LED with VGA input. From what I've gathered, VGA is no longer an option on most new model TVs. Any ideas? Doesn't have to be a smart TV, my goal is to connect retro consoles via RGB.
Something like this might make it easier to find a TV
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...FQ6DaQod3kwEjg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7624 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Something like this might make it easier to find a TV
Ah, I should mention I'm converting to VGA via a video processor, so I'm worried that an additional layer of digital conversion will degrade the picture or add too much input lag. I will definitely keep that in mind though if I don't find a solution.
post #7625 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I currently own a 2009 Panasonic TCP65V10 that has served me flawlessly for several years.

I am kind of fixated on a new Sony XBR75X850C but wanted to get some guidance from this group regarding if I will see noticeable improvements from my Panny plasma.

I typically am a sports watcher through Direct TV (NFL, NHL, MLB) however would consider Amazon Prime to obtain the 4K content once it is released.

So thoughts, comments would be appreciated.

Also is there a secondary market for my Panasonic plasma? I know its not worth much now but I paid $4K for it in 2009.

Thanks

Jack
post #7626 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 10:51 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedsoul View Post
Have a KDS-55A3000 currently.

Was originally going to go with M65-C1 due to price/performance but now I see Sony will release an HDR update for the X850C. Currently the 55X850C is the same price as the M65-C1 but if the HDR update would be a noticeable picture upgrade I might be open to upping the budget a bit and waiting for the Sony to go on sale.

Just not sure if the Sony will have a huge picture quality increase once the upgrade hits to warrant the extra $$. Any thoughts from people here?
No thoughts? So many options.
post #7627 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackChester View Post
I currently own a 2009 Panasonic TCP65V10 that has served me flawlessly for several years.

I am kind of fixated on a new Sony XBR75X850C but wanted to get some guidance from this group regarding if I will see noticeable improvements from my Panny plasma.

I typically am a sports watcher through Direct TV (NFL, NHL, MLB) however would consider Amazon Prime to obtain the 4K content once it is released.

Also is there a secondary market for my Panasonic plasma? I know its not worth much now but I paid $4K for it in 2009.

Thanks

Jack
If the numbers I have seen of the 850c are correct, you would be getting an improved black level and contrast ratio with it compared to the V10 along with probably improved colour reproduction, partly because of that increased contrast. You'll give up viewing angles and motion performance.

I have a VT20 plasma and feel today's better LCDs offer superior performance to it but hey, some may think otherwise.
post #7628 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedsoul View Post
No thoughts? So many options.
I wouldn't base my buying decision on a hdr update for a few reasons:

-not everything that will be watched/used on the tv is going to have hdr data in it so if one were to buy an inferior overall set just because it'll be able to deal with the hdr metadata then they're screwing themselves out of added performance with all non hdr content.

-from what I have read, for hdr to be effective you need a solid local dimming system which the 850c doesn't have. You probably also want the tv to have a good deal of brightness which the 850c also apparently doesn't have.

-while so many say hdr is a game changer, I think we need to actually see the real content with it in use first. It kind of reminds me of 3D and how it was the got to have game changer and fizzled. I don't expect hdr to go the way 3D has since it doesn't require wearing extra glasses and it is something entirely different in terms of enhancing the picture quality yet hey, you never know. I also expect it will be the game changer it is purported to be but only on the displays that are truly set up for it.

One thing that I find interesting is many people who try and imply contrast ratio isn't the super important area that it is are the same who talk up hdr. I find it interesting since hdr is basically just a way to increase the perceived contrast ratio so now they find it important? That has nothing to do with you or your post but I just wanted to share.
post #7629 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 04:09 PM

Thanks very much for the reply. Viewing angles not a concern since my set up is mostly straight away, motion performance will be an issue since my viewing is heavily sports focused.

Sounds to me like I will wait a little longer to pull trigger and continue research.

Biggest issue is most stores have no way to show you broadcast content. That was critical to me when I purchased my plasma and my ability back then too be able to view it is why I feel I have been so happy with it for several years.

You are purchasing a unit that you have really no good idea how it will look with typical broadcast content like for me would be Direct TV. Really lousy way to purchase a TV.

But thanks very much for the reply.
post #7630 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
LG TVs

Okay, so I was looking at a few different TVs, the Vizio M series and Samsung 7100 or 8500 series. Im checking them out at Best Buy, and the guy tells me he recommends LG and Sony. From his experience, they get a lot of returns on Vizio and Samsung, though he thought I shouldn't have any issues with Samsung 8500 because it is a really good TV. He recommended an LG 7700 series. Anyone have any thoughts on brands? I currently have a Panasonic Viera ST60. I would also like to get a Panasonic LED, but they appear to only be available online and not sure how they compare to the Samsung 8500 or LG 7700. Sometimes I think i should just get Vizio M series and with the money saved buy an extra long warranty lol.
post #7631 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
How do I transition from my beloved Panasonic ST60 series plasma to a 4K LCD?!?!? I remember when I first got this plasma, thinking that I would NEVER get another LCD.

what 55" 4k lcd do I buy for less than $2k from either Sony or Samsung that will not make me cry after switching over to it?! Should I hang on longer, or is there something that won't make me regret going back to LCD??? Thanks for any input you might have! P.S. I don't care about smart features (I use a Roku 3) and 3D is kind of nice but in the long run I don't care if I even have it. All I want is the best picture for the buck!

Samsung 65" KS8000 TV, Denon AVR-x3300w, Definitive PM1000 front LR, and PC2000 center, SR-8040BP rears, SVSOUND PB10-NSD subwoofer
post #7632 of 14850 Old 09-23-2015, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks

Jack
I would love to have that TV. Although the newer LCDs do have much better black levels, they still do not have the black detail of a plasma. You can see folds in black clothes, textures in caves etc that you just do not see with LCD. You will gain a lot of brightness with an LCD and that might be important if you have a bright room. I prefer the overall look of my Panasonic plasma to either of my LCDs although both are newer. I do not know how to describe it, but tome the plasma looks more realistic or natural.
post #7633 of 14850 Old 09-24-2015, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I currently have a LG PZ950 50" Plasma TV. I'm interested in getting a 55" 4K tv. My budget is between 1500-2000(3D not mandatory but nice to have feature).

I have couple of questions:
1. Is it worth it to upgrade my 2011 plazma TV? Will I feel a substantial quality difference(mainly in 1080p contents)
2. If yes, then which TV would you suggest in my price range?

Thanks
post #7634 of 14850 Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sony 70x850b or Vizio M70-C3

I moved and need a tv for my main living area. Straight on viewing is about 15' and seating positions off center are closer, maybe 8' with maybe a closer seat (haven't furnished room yet).

I am looking at the Sony 70x850b or Vizio M70-C3, although am open to suggestions. I could get either of those for $1950 which seems like a decent price point for a 70" from what I can tell. The room has a ton of windows. I'm not sure I care one way or the other about 3D.

As to sources, I just picked up a Fire TV Stick to stream content. I have a TiVo Roamio, but currently no cable service (only broadband so far due to lack of furniture and "camping" in new place during renovations). I'm using the time to experiment with cutting the cord, but will miss the convenience of my TiVo if I stay that course. My DVD player is 15 years old, so that may get upgraded as part of this process as well. I recognize 4K content is limited, but have read that at the larger sizes it may be worth it? I'm a buy and hold type so am thinking some 4K technology is better than none.

When I was browsing at Costco the other night, they had one more Sony KDL-70W830B set left for $1400, but for the extra $550, 4K sounds good?

Any suggestions?
post #7635 of 14850 Old 09-25-2015, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks very much for the reply. Viewing angles not a concern since my set up is mostly straight away, motion performance will be an issue since my viewing is heavily sports focused.

Sounds to me like I will wait a little longer to pull trigger and continue research.

Biggest issue is most stores have no way to show you broadcast content. That was critical to me when I purchased my plasma and my ability back then too be able to view it is why I feel I have been so happy with it for several years.

You are purchasing a unit that you have really no good idea how it will look with typical broadcast content like for me would be Direct TV. Really lousy way to purchase a TV.

But thanks very much for the reply.
This is one of the biggest disappointments people tend to have these days. Mostly due to the larger sizes of these TVs. A lot of cable.satellite programming is highly compressed causing excessive artifacts, especially in dark areas. Often people don't notice this but when it is blown up another 10-20" after purchasing a new TV people think it is caused by their new TV and don't realize it was there all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjmd View Post
Okay, so I was looking at a few different TVs, the Vizio M series and Samsung 7100 or 8500 series. Im checking them out at Best Buy, and the guy tells me he recommends LG and Sony. From his experience, they get a lot of returns on Vizio and Samsung, though he thought I shouldn't have any issues with Samsung 8500 because it is a really good TV. He recommended an LG 7700 series. Anyone have any thoughts on brands? I currently have a Panasonic Viera ST60. I would also like to get a Panasonic LED, but they appear to only be available online and not sure how they compare to the Samsung 8500 or LG 7700. Sometimes I think i should just get Vizio M series and with the money saved buy an extra long warranty lol.
The Panasonic 65CX850C gets rave reviews here if you want a Panasonic. You do have to buy them direct in the US though.

The LG UF7700 is not a great TV in my opinion.

The Samsung JS8500 is a great TV at the price point it sells at.

The Vizio M-series is a good value.

To make a real recommendation would need to better understand your usage patterns, connected device and priorities/preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72 View Post
How do I transition from my beloved Panasonic ST60 series plasma to a 4K LCD?!?!? I remember when I first got this plasma, thinking that I would NEVER get another LCD.

what 55" 4k lcd do I buy for less than $2k from either Sony or Samsung that will not make me cry after switching over to it?! Should I hang on longer, or is there something that won't make me regret going back to LCD??? Thanks for any input you might have! P.S. I don't care about smart features (I use a Roku 3) and 3D is kind of nice but in the long run I don't care if I even have it. All I want is the best picture for the buck!
Your best bet is the Samsung 55JS8500. Unless you need/want a new TV now you will almost always be better off waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliemac9 View Post
I moved and need a tv for my main living area. Straight on viewing is about 15' and seating positions off center are closer, maybe 8' with maybe a closer seat (haven't furnished room yet).

I am looking at the Sony 70x850b or Vizio M70-C3, although am open to suggestions. I could get either of those for $1950 which seems like a decent price point for a 70" from what I can tell. The room has a ton of windows. I'm not sure I care one way or the other about 3D.

As to sources, I just picked up a Fire TV Stick to stream content. I have a TiVo Roamio, but currently no cable service (only broadband so far due to lack of furniture and "camping" in new place during renovations). I'm using the time to experiment with cutting the cord, but will miss the convenience of my TiVo if I stay that course. My DVD player is 15 years old, so that may get upgraded as part of this process as well. I recognize 4K content is limited, but have read that at the larger sizes it may be worth it? I'm a buy and hold type so am thinking some 4K technology is better than none.

When I was browsing at Costco the other night, they had one more Sony KDL-70W830B set left for $1400, but for the extra $550, 4K sounds good?

Any suggestions?
The 70X850B has 3D support and subjectively better video processing.

The M70-C3 has one full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 port.

Last edited by dalto; 09-25-2015 at 07:43 AM.
post #7636 of 14850 Old 09-25-2015, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
The 70X850B has 3D support and subjectively better video processing.

The M70-C3 has one full bandwidth HDMI port.
how many does the Sony have? I've been doing searches here and keep deciding, then changing my mind!
post #7637 of 14850 Old 09-25-2015, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
how many does the Sony have? I've been doing searches here and keep deciding, then changing my mind!
It doesn't have any 18Gbps HDMI ports.

To be fair, you probably don't need any but I was just describing the differences.
post #7638 of 14850 Old 09-25-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Any suggestions?
If you are thinking about going to 1080p with the Sony, you could consider the Vizio E70-C3 that is on sale at Costco right now for about $1100. Pretty much a 1080p version of the M70 with fewer local dimming zones.. Lots of debate as to if 4k is worth it at this time.
post #7639 of 14850 Old 09-25-2015, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
[QUOTE=dalto;37563961]

The Panasonic 65CX850C gets rave reviews here if you want a Panasonic. You do have to buy them direct in the US though.

The LG UF7700 is not a great TV in my opinion.

The Samsung JS8500 is a great TV at the price point it sells at.

The Vizio M-series is a good value.

To make a real recommendation would need to better understand your usage patterns, connected device and priorities/preferences.

Mostly cable and Netflix. Occasional Blu Ray. Football and Basketball games. Right now i'm leaning towards just getting the 55 inch Vizio M-series. It will be in my bedroom. Have the Panasonic Viera in the family room. I will just wait a couple of years to see how the 4K, HDR, OLED scene pans out. I wanted to move to a 65 inch in the family room and put the Panasonic in the bedroom or Xbox room, but i will just get the 55 M series for the bedroom since it is so affordable (less than $850) and wait. Thanks for the tips. The 65CX850C does look good.
post #7640 of 14850 Old 09-26-2015, 02:29 PM

First time poster...apologize if this isn't the right place for this question.

Looking for a TV for large game room (16x30+).

Will wall mount...flush/flat for varied viewing angles around pool table (sports); angle the TV for more direct view from couch for movies.

Satellite is primary source, but plan on UltraBR. Very limited streaming due to satellite internet (rural).

Mostly sports, some movies.

Up scaling is very important to me, given my source limitations.

Honed in on Samsung JU7100 and Sony X850C because they come in 75" without breaking the bank.

However, JS8500/9000 really caught my eye, but would be limited to 65".

Which would you choose for a large room...size or quality?

Or would you recommend another? JS series 78" is way out of my budget. Realistically looking to spend no more than $5K.

Other suggestions?

Also, avoid curved TV if wall mount?

Thanks.
post #7641 of 14850 Old 09-26-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP97 View Post
Honed in on Samsung JU7100 and Sony X850C because they come in 75" without breaking the bank.

However, JS8500/9000 really caught my eye, but would be limited to 65".

Which would you choose for a large room...size or quality?

Or would you recommend another? JS series 78" is way out of my budget. Realistically looking to spend no more than $5K.

Other suggestions?

Have you looked at the 4k Vizio M-series? 75" for under $3000 and 80" for under $4000.
post #7642 of 14850 Old 09-27-2015, 01:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi all,
I'm looking for a 60" or 65" display to replace my circa 2008 Sony Bravia that's dying from vertical banding (or killing me more rather, wife swears she hardly see's it). It will be up against a 15' living room wall (on an entertainment center, at least at first) with sofa's on both adjacent walls and a recliner facing the tv. Viewing distances will range from 6' to 12'. The room doesnt get much ambient light with the curtains we use but we usually watch with a lamp on in the evenings as she claims the bright whites hurt her eyes. I actually had the wife sold on a projector (took 5 years of pitching the idea) but she outmaneuvered me with her room layout, I just don't have enough wall to fit my tower speakers on either side of a huge screen without the couch arms blocking all the sound. Input lag is a major concern as I play a lot of PC and PS3 games and watch a little football, and as its going to spend half its life functioning as a giant monitor I might as well spring for 4k. We also watch a lot of Netflix and Amazon streaming video on top of our sub par Charter Cable content along with blu ray movies. Its all routed through HDMI on a Yamaha RX-V465 receiver, though i'm not sure yet it if its 4k capable as its rather dated. Budget is $2,500 but I've been eyeballing the Vizio M60-c3 and M65-c3 due the much touted refresh rates. I was also looking at the similar sized Samsung UN60JU7100 but the reviews on the blacks looking better on the Vizio along with the lower input lag make it seem like Vizio is a clear winner? Or am I being had by clever marketing? And if the M series is what I want is there anything i need to know when deciding between the m60 and m65? Thanks for any help on the matter!
post #7643 of 14850 Old 09-27-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
Have you looked at the 4k Vizio M-series? 75" for under $3000 and 80" for under $4000.
I saw the 70" in the store. Wasn't impressed with PQ compared to the others, but who knows if they had it properly calibrated.
post #7644 of 14850 Old 09-27-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahrny View Post
It will be up against a 15' living room wall (on an entertainment center, at least at first) with sofa's on both adjacent walls and a recliner facing the tv. Viewing distances will range from 6' to 12'. !
It sounds like viewing angle might be a problem. Look at a few sets at angles similar to your seating area to see if you start to lose color. If a problem, consider some of the LGs that have IPS screens and wider viewing angle. You might even consider the 55" 1080p OLED that they offer if it is not too small for you. It is the only OLED in your budget.
post #7645 of 14850 Old 09-27-2015, 10:38 AM

I would love an oled but I've not heard good things about gaming on them, I'm not too concerned about the viewing angle as I never sit further than 20 degrees off center and my wife and son seem to care less on our bravia (it's bad). 55" at 10' would probably make playing on my pc an underwhelming upgrade to my 46".
post #7646 of 14850 Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Looks like this is the thread for me to ask the question so here goes.

I have an 8-year old Samsung 720p plasma, 42" that has served me well. I would like to move it to another room and replace this with something new as our primary display in the den. I have fairly good control of ambient light and our viewing distance is about 9 to 10' away. Plasma and that look is all I really know but of course that is not an option anymore. I can't afford OLED so it's going to have to be some kind of LCD/LED. I would like to go a little larger with 55" or maybe 60". I guess I want to go ahead and get a 4k unit rather than 1080p in the hopes that content will become more plentiful in the not too distant future. Our primary viewing is streaming stuff from Kodi and or from my Bluray backups on unRaid server. I have an Xbox I play once in a while but I'm not all worried about lag time or anything like that. I'm a casual gamer at most. One thing that will certainly narrow the field is that I would prefer to buy from Costco or Sams Club because of the return policy and warranty. I got my old TV at Sams and it was a success so unless there is a compelling reason to shop elsewhere then I will most likely go with one of them.

Things I care about in the new TV:
Excellent blacks and shadow detail
Accurate color or at least good controls to correct it
Flat screen (not curved)
Good motion handling

Things I don't care about in the new TV:
3D
"Smart" features like streaming apps (I have a Roku, Amazon FireTV, Chromebox, etc.)
post #7647 of 14850 Old 09-28-2015, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Im looking for a 50 inch HDTV, that has low input lag, and one that has minimal motion blur and juddering a since I watch a lot of sports.
I also want a tv that will be good for movies as well.

I was looking at VIZIO M50-C1 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV but this review http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-.../m-series-2015 said it has long motion blur trail on some transitions.

It got a 7.7 on this website.

I did read some really bad reviews on amazon but most seem to be really good.

Anyone have this TV and think it would best for sports , video games and movies? Or can anyone recommend a better one? I am looking to pay $1000 or under. The 4k is not a big deal.
post #7648 of 14850 Old 09-28-2015, 11:32 PM

I sat down and re-evaluated my living room and it looks like viewing angles are definitely going to be a problem, I'm also over my crush on Vizeo M as the low input lag is only available from one HDMI input that won't upconvert movies from my HTPC, so I either pick a port that gimps my HTPC's movie and streaming quality, or a port that gimps my HTPC's gaming speeds. I'm back to square one with no idea which tv to pick, I can take or leave 4k but it doesn't look like i'll have a video card that can support it any time soon. Here is my living room, wife now insists that we have a non curved wall hanger so the 55"oled is out, but i hear rumors of a flat 65"? If I had to guess every $500 that i spend puts my next tv out another year, so I could spend $5000 on a tv but it would probably have to last me ten years! Is it better to buy a $2500 tv and buy another $2500 tv in five years? So much money riding on so many factors that I know little about, enough to make a man mad with indecision! I want big, I want beautiful, I want fast and I want it cheap lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	livingroom.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	966817  
post #7649 of 14850 Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahrny View Post
Is it better to buy a $2500 tv and buy another $2500 tv in five years? So much money riding on so many factors that I know little about, enough to make a man mad with indecision! I want big, I want beautiful, I want fast and I want it cheap lol.
With the technology evolving and the prices dropping, IMO you are better off right now spending less and replacing when HDR, 4k, OLED, ULED etc have fought it out and standards are firmly set. Unless you are going to sit very close to the TV, a good 1080p set may be good enough and come in way under budget. I was in Costco yesterday and saw a 2014 M-series Vizio 80" 1080p set for $2499. That is a lot of screen for that price.
post #7650 of 14850 Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting a 40" tv for my bedroom. Currently, I'm considering the Vizio e40 vs. the SamsungUN40J300 (the Best Buy exclusive of the 6200 which seems to have some minor upgrades).

I've read the great reviews for both on RTINGS.com, and I was leaning towards the Vizio due to the price. However, the more I think about it I don't mind paying somewhat more if the value is there, because in the long run it's not that big of a deal.

Feel free if there are other competitors right now for a no-frills, just pure picture quality 40" TV, let me know - it seems those are the 2 most suggested.

1. Budget

Like I said, I don't mind that much. I will spend more if it's worth it. That being said still want to keep it around $450 - Hence why I'm only looking at 1080.

2. Seating distance

I already calculated it out to determine this is the size I needed.

3. Size/placement limitations

Similar to above. I can mount it or put it on a media stand/table.

4. Uses and sources

This where it gets interesting:
I will be using it for several uses: HD Streaming (From my laptop, from my Chromecast, From my Firestick - it might be Netflix, streaming my local Plex Library, Youtube videos etc.), also streaming Twitch from my laptop via and HDMI cable (or even some of the smart devices I have like Chromecast), Sports, and Gaming.

Those are in no particular order. I will be using it for local HD streaming from my devices, sports, and gaming (Xbox One). I will not be doing anything super competitive, so I don't have a strict need for the best latency - but definitely would want something that wouldn't bother me. I would say gaming would be the 2nd thing I do on it most.

If I had to prioritize: 1) HD Streaming would definitely be it's biggest use, 2) gaming 3)sports (definitely close to 2nd).

If those conditions help decide on TV over the other I feel it was helpful to provide them.

5. Room lighting

My bedroom has no overhead lighting, all my lighting is from lamps so I can move them around to serve the room better.
I will watch in both daylight (blinds open during the day) and lights off for movies (or even just at night, lying in bed).

As I said I'm so far debating between the Vizio e40 and Samsung Un40J6300 vs. anything else I missed that is currently in the game right now?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Cables Interconnects , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Sony , Toshiba

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page