the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 261 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 786Likes

post #7801 of 15027 Old 10-31-2015, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Exclamation Help me choose a new dispaly

Help needed on new Display

Background:
It's my man cave, about 12 x 15 feet, can be very dark, I am only viewer most of the time, so viewing angle not critical.
First HD was a 65" Samsung RP DLP with LED lights
Second was a 65" Panasonic Plasma
Most recent (just died) was a JVC DLA-RS46 projector with a Black Diamond 1.4 gain screen.

Screen and positioning had me 10' away from a 92" image.
A 75" active display can be placed a 8', which would give me the same apparent screen size.

Main concerns in going to a LCD are some comments about bleed in dark rooms..although to be fair, the bleed of the projector never bothered me.

Material viewed are ONLY videos, never gaming, next to never 3D.
Source materials vary all over the map..Amazon HD, Roku, You-Tube, and Blu-Ray and SD concert videos which can vary hugely in quality..Oppo 95 handles upconversion to HD

SO, with a budget of $3k to absolute max of $4k..what are the suggestions? I realize this is an LCD thread, and will gladly accept any criticism that says I should stick with a projection system, but to be honest, the JVC always struck me as a bit dark, even with lamp on high.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ralph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7802 of 15027 Old 10-31-2015, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpeacock View Post
Help needed on new Display

Background:
It's my man cave, about 12 x 15 feet, can be very dark, I am only viewer most of the time, so viewing angle not critical.
First HD was a 65" Samsung RP DLP with LED lights
Second was a 65" Panasonic Plasma
Most recent (just died) was a JVC DLA-RS46 projector with a Black Diamond 1.4 gain screen.

Screen and positioning had me 10' away from a 92" image.
A 75" active display can be placed a 8', which would give me the same apparent screen size.

Main concerns in going to a LCD are some comments about bleed in dark rooms..although to be fair, the bleed of the projector never bothered me.

Material viewed are ONLY videos, never gaming, next to never 3D.
Source materials vary all over the map..Amazon HD, Roku, You-Tube, and Blu-Ray and SD concert videos which can vary hugely in quality..Oppo 95 handles upconversion to HD

SO, with a budget of $3k to absolute max of $4k..what are the suggestions? I realize this is an LCD thread, and will gladly accept any criticism that says I should stick with a projection system, but to be honest, the JVC always struck me as a bit dark, even with lamp on high.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Ralph
Since it's a dark room and you'll be watching movies you might consider the 4K Sony XBR75X850C which is right in your price range.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x850c
Bp-Plickner likes this.
post #7803 of 15027 Old 10-31-2015, 06:50 PM

Thanks...will take a look...reviews look promising.

Ralph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7804 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting a 40" tv for my bedroom. Currently, I'm considering the Vizio e40 vs. the SamsungUN40J300 (the Best Buy exclusive of the 6200 which seems to have some minor upgrades).

I've read the great reviews for both on RTINGS.com, and I was leaning towards the Vizio due to the price. However, the more I think about it I don't mind paying somewhat more if the value is there, because in the long run it's not that big of a deal.

Feel free if there are other competitors right now for a no-frills, just pure picture quality 40" TV, let me know - it seems those are the 2 most suggested.

1. Budget

Like I said, I don't mind that much. I will spend more if it's worth it. That being said still want to keep it around $450 - Hence why I'm only looking at 1080.

2. Seating distance

I already calculated it out to determine this is the size I needed.

3. Size/placement limitations

Similar to above. I can mount it or put it on a media stand/table.

4. Uses and sources

This where it gets interesting:
I will be using it for several uses: HD Streaming (From my laptop, from my Chromecast, From my Firestick - it might be Netflix, streaming my local Plex Library, Youtube videos etc.), also streaming Twitch from my laptop via and HDMI cable (or even some of the smart devices I have like Chromecast), Sports, and Gaming.

Those are in no particular order. I will be using it for local HD streaming from my devices, sports, and gaming (Xbox One). I will not be doing anything super competitive, so I don't have a strict need for the best latency - but definitely would want something that wouldn't bother me. I would say gaming would be the 2nd thing I do on it most.

If I had to prioritize: 1) HD Streaming would definitely be it's biggest use, 2) gaming 3)sports (definitely close to 2nd).

If those conditions help decide on TV over the other I feel it was helpful to provide them.

5. Room lighting

My bedroom has no overhead lighting, all my lighting is from lamps so I can move them around to serve the room better.
I will watch in both daylight (blinds open during the day) and lights off for movies (or even just at night, lying in bed).

As I said I'm so far debating between the Vizio e40 and Samsung Un40J6300 vs. anything else I missed that is currently in the game right now?

Thanks for the help!
post #7805 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Liked: 10
I have a 2005 Sony LCD (bedroom) and a 2008 Samsung LED (living room) that i'm looking to replace. For now I'm happy to get one new display for the living room and move the Samsung into the bedroom.

Budget: I'm flexible - will spend what it takes but dont need every bell and whistle. Let's say $2k at the higher end.

View Distance: 10 feet. It's a smallish manhattan apartment so offangle viewing isnt a priority.

Size: Current display is 46" - i could go bigger.

Sources:
1. Television/movie watching via Tivo Premiere Elite (will probably upgrade this unit at some point) with Verizon Fios and native Amazon/Hulu/Netflix/YouTube/MLB apps on the Tivo (so smart TV is not a priority)
2. Gaming and NFL Sunday Ticket via PS4

Lighting: Biggest concern is glare - living room is floor to ceiling windows on all three sides the display isnt on and our window treatments let in a lot of light. Makes afternoon viewing/gaming very challenging - any shows/movies with nighttime scenes are almost impossible to see and the brightness on the PS4 needs to be jacked way up. This is an area I would spend money to solve. Nighttime viewing is dim but never all-lights-off dark.

Not in a major rush so could wait to see what deals spring up in the coming months but would like to have a short list to work from.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.
post #7806 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robromo1023 View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting a 40" tv for my bedroom. Currently, I'm considering the Vizio e40 vs. the SamsungUN40J300 (the Best Buy exclusive of the 6200 which seems to have some minor upgrades).
. . . .
Thanks for the help!
I've also been looking at the Vizio E40. Only today read that it does not offer full web browsing. Don't know if you want that, or if your other option does offer it. Took me ages to find this. Rules that one out, for me.

So that took me to back to the Samsung page, for a smart tv, 50 inch. On samsung.com, the J6300 has:"Smart TV with Apps, S-Recommendation and Full Web Browser." BUT then I go look on rtings.com I see this: " The remote included with this TV is just a basic one. If you want Samsung's smart remote, you'll need to get the Samsung JU7100 instead." Now, I have NO idea what this means. I can buy a J6300 with smart apps and smart features, but I can't access them? Someone able to clear this up for me? The JU7100 is way out of my budget. No wonder I've been thinking about buying a new tv for almost a year; I can't make heads nor tails of what I read.

Last edited by Freedom2B; 11-01-2015 at 11:19 AM.
post #7807 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Smile

55-60" 4K Display Suggestions

Hey guys,

I currently have a 42" Panasionic Viera plasma from 2005 I'd like to replace once the Black Friday/November deals and price cuts start coming along. I don't want to get too crazy since I'm not all that fond of LCD displays and I'm guessing OLED is a mere couple years away from becoming a financially viable option.

I've been eyeing the Samsung JU7100 for some time, but a storm employee showed me the JS8500 and insisted it had a brighter + more colorful image. This TV would be for a mix of video games and movies. The 2015 Vizio M55 had caught my eye, but the Rtings review showed it had pretty bad motion blur.

Any suggestions on what would be the best 55 or 60" to keep an eye out for?

Thank you in advance for the help!
post #7808 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel452 View Post
55-60" 4K Display Suggestions

Hey guys,

I currently have a 42" Panasionic Viera plasma from 2005 I'd like to replace once the Black Friday/November deals and price cuts start coming along. I don't want to get too crazy since I'm not all that fond of LCD displays and I'm guessing OLED is a mere couple years away from becoming a financially viable option.

I've been eyeing the Samsung JU7100 for some time, but a storm employee showed me the JS8500 and insisted it had a brighter + more colorful image. This TV would be for a mix of video games and movies. The 2015 Vizio M55 had caught my eye, but the Rtings review showed it had pretty bad motion blur.

Any suggestions on what would be the best 55 or 60" to keep an eye out for?

Thank you in advance for the help!
If you do not have to have a 4k set, the 1080p LG OLED is selling at a pretty reasonable price. It will be the closest thing to the plasma that you are used to.
post #7809 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 04:24 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
If you do not have to have a 4k set, the 1080p LG OLED is selling at a pretty reasonable price. It will be the closest thing to the plasma that you are used to.
Truth be told, I'm really not a fan of curved sets. Though 4K is something I'm unsure I'd see the benefits of. This TV would be for the bedroom where I'm either ~8 feet away up against my headboard, or a mere foot from the display sitting at the foot of the bed. I'm usually doing the former for movies/tv, and the latter when playing video games and getting into the gameplay. I'm not sure how much upscaled 1080p gaming console imagery would benefit super-close viewing distances.
post #7810 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 04:30 PM

65-70" 1080P TV suggestions

Currently looking to replace my Samsung DLP HL-T6187S in my living room.
The room is 15x16, and my viewing is about 12 feet from the TV, centered and straight on, but also have recliners in each corner. (Total viewing angle required is about 50-60 degrees. ~30degrees off center In each direction.)
Room is well lit, as I have may large windows.

Usage: Mix of: Satellite TV (Dish), PS3/PS4/WiiU, Sports, Movies - DVD's & Blue Rays, , Plex/MediaTomb Media Server from PC, Plus I have some older SD Videogame Consoles (NES, SNES, GameCube, PS2 - using RWY Composite) all source selection controlled by a Denon Reciever and 5.1 sound.
No 3d content now or planned, fast response for Call of Duty would be semi important.

My Last 5 TV's have all be Samsungs, im failry comfortable with them
Total budget Approx $2500, would like to buy oled if possible, also not interested in curved set, prefer flat.

Any suggestions?

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, & there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence. Yet, government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.
post #7811 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Truth be told, I'm really not a fan of curved sets. Though 4K is something I'm unsure I'd see the benefits of. This TV would be for the bedroom where I'm either ~8 feet away up against my headboard, or a mere foot from the display sitting at the foot of the bed. I'm usually doing the former for movies/tv, and the latter when playing video games and getting into the gameplay. I'm not sure how much upscaled 1080p gaming console imagery would benefit super-close viewing distances.
There are flat OLEDs - LG 55EF9500 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Flat Smart OLED TV.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-ef9500/#p=lg-ef9500/
post #7812 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, at 8 feet, you will certainly not see a difference in resolution. At 1 foot, you will see the pixels from either resolution. I doubt if you will either watch a movie or play a game at that distance. The resolution should not be a problem when setting up the game. I am kind of with you on curved screens. They are great if you are the only viewer and sit in the center. Even off center though, the viewing angle of the curved OLEDs is better than an LCD screen. A 55" screen would be pretty much the ideal size at your 8' viewing distance. IMO, a 1080p source on a 4k set is still a 1080p picture.
post #7813 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
One quick question if anyone can help me.

Im wondering if there would be any noticeable differences in quality in the Vizio E32-C1 vs Vizio E40-C2. According to Vizio the 32" does not have Active LED Zones and has a lower contrast of 200,000 to 1 vs 2M: 1.

I have checked a few reviews that include the 32" inch also but im not sure if thats a mistake and 32" would actually be worse.

One rtings.com 32" has same rating and scores but it could be a mistake no idea they had 60" model i think.
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/e-series-2015

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...io-e32-c1.html
post #7814 of 15027 Old 11-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
There are flat OLEDs - LG 55EF9500 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Flat Smart OLED TV.

http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-ef9500/#p=lg-ef9500/
I've seen those, but wayyyy outside my price range

Trying to spend a max of $1500.
post #7815 of 15027 Old 11-02-2015, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi guys. I'm new here but really respect the input of this community and know I'm not going to get a bunch of marketing bs

Looking to update my TV from my current SL90 LG display.

Price range: 1.3k to 1.5k

Room: seating is straight on, 7-8ish feet away. Looking for a 55inch. Bright room with a large window from the side.

Originally looked at the 55JS7000 but the input here dissuaded me slightly.

Thank you guys!
post #7816 of 15027 Old 11-02-2015, 05:13 PM

Hello! I don't really know too much about T.Vs, so I was wondering if I could get some advice on this forum! I'm looking to buy a T.V for my dad on his birthday and would like some advice. I would like for it to be 1080 and not 4k, also.
1. Budget: >1,300

2. Seating distance: About 8-9 feet

3. Size/placement limitations: none, it will be in a living room.

4. Uses and sources: My father enjoys watching movies A LOT, but also sports when the seasons come around.

5. Room lighting, one window that doesn't receive the sun much. He watches his movies in the dark.
---
Thanks for reading and for your input ahead of time!
I was thinking the Vizio E-Series E70-C3 70 may be a good choice. Not sure.
post #7817 of 15027 Old 11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbender716 View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here but really respect the input of this community and know I'm not going to get a bunch of marketing bs

Looking to update my TV from my current SL90 LG display.

Price range: 1.3k to 1.5k

Room: seating is straight on, 7-8ish feet away. Looking for a 55inch. Bright room with a large window from the side.

Originally looked at the 55JS7000 but the input here dissuaded me slightly.

Thank you guys!
You didn't really provide any details of what content but the Samsung UN55JU7100 is a good all around set in that range.
post #7818 of 15027 Old 11-02-2015, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I think if you look in the thread for that Vizio M55, you will see they have a new firmware update that many are saying solves that judder blur problem. I hope I'm right on that.
post #7819 of 15027 Old 11-02-2015, 09:14 PM

Apologies, content wise I do a lot of Netflix, Hulu, and HD TV viewing.
post #7820 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 08:53 AM

It seems the more I learn about LCD TV's the less I know. I'm updating our living room home theater and replacing our old Plasma set and small Bose 123 (good riddance to that). I've figured out the audio part but am clearly over-thinking the new TV. Here are some details, hope it's enough to get some good advice.

- Sit between 7 to 9 ft from set.

- Room is fairly dark even on sunny days.

- Want smart TV capabilities, in particular Netflix and HBO Go.

- TV should be good at fast motion for sports.

- Looking for 65" primarily.

- Love the look of OLED but priced out of it.

- Not sure I need 4K, prefer 1080p at this point. If someone can make a valid argument for 4K I'm open to consideration.

Of all the info I read for LCD sets it's best to look for one with LED backlighting. Seems the manufacturers have different terms so it's a bit of a pain to sort it out. I've mostly looked at major brands like Sony, Samsung and LG.

If I've missed anything relevant please let me know.

Thanks!
post #7821 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypno-toad View Post
If I've missed anything relevant please let me know.

Thanks!
Budget?
post #7822 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hello, long time since I’ve been on the forums but am currently building a new home and am looking for a TV for a specific location.

- Wide viewing angles. Will be mounted above a fireplace, top of mantle is 6’2” above floor so I’m thinking we’ll want the bottom of the TV at least 1’ above that.

- Expecting significant ambient light from windows.

- Typical viewing distance approx. 20’ (from adjacent kitchen).

- Looking for something around 42” since the firebox is around 36” wide and do not want the TV width to exceed this. I think a 42” TV translates to about 36” width but please correct me if I’m wrong.

- Smart technology preferred (Netflix, etc.)

- 1080p, can’t see 4K being important, intended more for casual background viewing

- TV speakers not a concern but needs optical audio out (send audio from all TV inputs to sound bar).

- Generally looking for a TV with a good picture and inoffensive, unobtrusive form factor (clean look).

- Primary uses will be HD streaming and HD cable (Shaw)

If someone could also recommend a good mount that will allow for easily moving the TV out of the way in order to access to a Versa Box that will be installed behind it that would also be much appreciated.

Budget undetermined at this point, am unfamiliar with current prices, but $500-750 CAD (or less?) including mount would be nice.

Thanks very much for any suggestions
post #7823 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by screedle View Post
Hello, long time since I’ve been on the forums but am currently building a new home and am looking for a TV for a specific location.

- Wide viewing angles. Will be mounted above a fireplace, top of mantle is 6’2” above floor so I’m thinking we’ll want the bottom of the TV at least 1’ above that.

- Expecting significant ambient light from windows.

- Looking for something around 42” since the firebox is around 36” wide and do not want the TV width to exceed this. I think a 42” TV translates to about 36” width but please correct me if I’m wrong.

- Smart technology preferred (Netflix, etc.)

- 1080p, can’t see 4K being important, intended more for casual background viewing

- TV speakers not a concern but needs optical audio out (send audio from all TV inputs to sound bar).

- Generally looking for a TV with a good picture and inoffensive, unobtrusive form factor (clean look).

- Primary uses will be HD streaming and HD cable (Shaw)

If someone could also recommend a good mount that will allow for easily moving the TV out of the way in order to access to a Versa Box that will be installed behind it that would also be much appreciated.

Budget undetermined at this point, am unfamiliar with current prices, but $500-750 CAD (or less?) including mount would be nice.

Thanks very much for any suggestions
The Vizio E40-C2 40-Inch 1080p set is 36.06" wide and is going for $358 US. 42" sets are close to 38" wide.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...10b-20&ie=UTF8
post #7824 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Budget?
Ideally $1.5-2k, willing to go as high as $2.5k.
post #7825 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by screedle View Post
- Wide viewing angles.
With your requirements and viewing distance, practically and 42" TV will do except for the viewing angle. You want to look for an LCD TV that uses an IPS panel rather than a VA panel as they have a wider viewing angle. LQ makes some IPS panels, but I do not believe as small as 42". The Vizio E43 used both panels so you would have to check the individual set-possibly by serial number. Perhaps you can fine a 42"-43" plasma still around as they would have the best viewing angle. At that distance, even a 720p plasma would be fine. Samsung made a 43" 720p plasma until 2014 so you might find one.
post #7826 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 12:05 PM

I have a Samsung SyncMaster S22B150 that is over 3 years old now. When I first got it, it was good and I just wanted it for general PC usage. Now times have changed and I built my own PC beginning of the year and recently started to play games on it and just looking for an upgrade to go along with the new PC I have.

1. Budget;
I would say the max I would spend on a new monitor would be around £200(at a push) and something that's going to look good not just for gaming but for overall use too.

2. Seating distance
I sit about 3 feet away from my monitor but somtimes lean forward when gaming. So 2/3 feet away.

3. Size/placement limitations
This would be in my bedroom on a desk with my PC to the right, my TV monitor on a stand with the Xbox one below it. I'm looking for a 20"-24" monitor.

4. Uses and sources
Mainly used for gaming but would like it to be used for watching movies, streams, youtube videos, and other general things.

5. Room lighting
My room is blue, with blue curtains and white ceiling, so in the day time I get a good amount of light into the room with the window to the right of me brings in a lot of light, i sometimes have to close one of the curtains to shield from the light. At night when the lights are on the room is bright but not too bright.

Other: I just want something within my budget that is going to be way way better than what i currently have and something which has DVI output and maybe HDMI.

Hopefully that's enough information.

Thanks for the help!
post #7827 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfster View Post
With your requirements and viewing distance, practically and 42" TV will do except for the viewing angle. You want to look for an LCD TV that uses an IPS panel rather than a VA panel as they have a wider viewing angle. LQ makes some IPS panels, but I do not believe as small as 42". The Vizio E43 used both panels so you would have to check the individual set-possibly by serial number. Perhaps you can fine a 42"-43" plasma still around as they would have the best viewing angle. At that distance, even a 720p plasma would be fine. Samsung made a 43" 720p plasma until 2014 so you might find one.
If the Vizio E40-C2 does not have an IPS panel (for some reason I thought it did) you could get the Plasma mentioned by Golfster (it is wider than 36" though) or just use an articulating mount over the fireplace.

http://www.displays2go.com/P-13311/T...aign=ShopZilla
post #7828 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Looks like I may need to replace my old Panasonic 56" RPTV in the coming days (failed to turn back on last night but worked this morning, so it's on it's last legs).

Size: 60" - I wanted to go up a couple of inches if I can. The wall unit was designed around the existing tv, so I don't have much room to play. I can squeeze in 60" but 65" may be to big (right now the tower speakers are next to the tv, but with the thinner bezel and the fact that it's flat, I should be able to move the speakers back without blocking them).

Budget: Less than $2000.

Viewing Distance: around 10'

Room: The room is fairly large (18" x 16") and generally fairly dark, although it brightens up during sunset time. I mostly watch I night though, with the lights down.

Primary Use: Movies and TV. For picture quality, movies are primary, then sports. I mostly watch tv movies (HBO and the such), some local streaming from my media server and some streaming from Amazon Prime. I also watch blu-ray & dvd every once in awhile (but burning most of that to my media server).

I currently have a smart 40" Samsung 1080p in my bedroom and really like it, so I was looking at the Samsung UN60JS7000, but after a bunch of searches it didn't get the greatest reviews for darker rooms and movies. Then looked at the UN60JU7100, but it's a little out of budget. I know there is not a lot of options out there in the 60" range, so any comments would be appreciated. Thanks. Paul.
post #7829 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Hi All,

I have a media room in my basement that I want a 70 in+ TV. I don't have a strict budget but don't see myself going over $4k to get the TV. Is the Sony 75 XBR 850c the best bang for my buck? I want this TV as future proofed as possible. I know I can save money with one of the Vizios but I don't think they are a future proofed as I would like. I see that ratings on this TV are pretty good. I just want to make sure I am not missing something prior to purchasing this TV. I will most likely be watching sports, movies and gaming. It is a light controlled room. Thanks for the help.
post #7830 of 15027 Old 11-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Hi All,

I have a media room in my basement that I want a 70 in+ TV. I don't have a strict budget but don't see myself going over $4k to get the TV. Is the Sony 75 XBR 850c the best bang for my buck? I want this TV as future proofed as possible. I know I can save money with one of the Vizios but I don't think they are a future proofed as I would like. I see that ratings on this TV are pretty good. I just want to make sure I am not missing something prior to purchasing this TV. I will most likely be watching sports, movies and gaming. It is a light controlled room. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Cables Interconnects , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Sony , Toshiba

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page