Hello, long time since I’ve been on the forums but am currently building a new home and am looking for a TV for a specific location.
- Wide viewing angles. Will be mounted above a fireplace, top of mantle is 6’2” above floor so I’m thinking we’ll want the bottom of the TV at least 1’ above that.
- Expecting significant ambient light from windows.
- Typical viewing distance approx. 20’ (from adjacent kitchen).
- Looking for something around 42” since the firebox is around 36” wide and do not want the TV width to exceed this. I think a 42” TV translates to about 36” width but please correct me if I’m wrong.
- Smart technology preferred (Netflix, etc.)
- 1080p, can’t see 4K being important, intended more for casual background viewing
- TV speakers not a concern but needs optical audio out (send audio from all TV inputs to sound bar).
- Generally looking for a TV with a good picture and inoffensive, unobtrusive form factor (clean look).
- Primary uses will be HD streaming and HD cable (Shaw)
If someone could also recommend a good mount that will allow for easily moving the TV out of the way in order to access to a Versa Box that will be installed behind it that would also be much appreciated.
Budget undetermined at this point, am unfamiliar with current prices, but $500-750 CAD (or less?) including mount would be nice.
Thanks very much for any suggestions