the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 454 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 742Likes

post #13591 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Hi all,

Coming up on 11 years with my Sony KDS-55A3000 and I'm looking to replace it since I don't want to change the bulb anymore, and I want something slightly larger and definitely thinner. It's a great TV, even now for me, but I know things are considerably different than they were in 2007 so I'd greatly appreciate some assistance. I should have started researching earlier and been more on top of things in preparation for BF but I've also been replacing a 16 year old car so my free time was going towards that before. Here's my info:

[
2. Seating distance
- Down in Texas now so I have a larger family room. One couch is straight on at 15' and the other is off to
- I'd prefer 75" probably but my wife thinks that's too large so I'm looking at 65" primarily. The wall it's on is very large and high which is why I'm fine with something larger but I understand that she doesn't want a "huge" TV. She'd also like to have it wall-mounted since we've never been able to do that with the current RPTV.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what I should get or could do differently are greatly appreciated.

Current set up (me sitting 15' away)
If your sitting 15FT away, 75" is NOT to big. I'm 8 feet away and moved from 50 to a 65 and I while it feels perfect, I could have gone to 70 and still felt right. I took painters tape and measured out how much surface area they would take on my wall and 50'' always felt to small to me even though 8 feet didn't seem that far. Before we took the 50" down I took a picture of them from my seated chair 8 feet away if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	2485154  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13592 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok'google'muhfakka View Post
The way I see it, the SONY 49WE660 is your best bet. It currently goes for about 500 euros.The picture quality is amazing, compared to what else you can get for that money. You mention that noone is actually seated center to the TV. Well, this TV also has a great viewing angle. It's not an Android, but you can't really expect one for this kind of money. The OS is very limited, but it still has the manditory Youtube and Netflix apps.
As for the soundbar, a good budget version is the LG SJ2. I can't really tell you how much it costs, but if the prices in your region are comparable to the ones in mine, it should be no more 120-130 euros.
Cheers.
TCL 6 series, 55'' Roku OS. Always take the risk yo have to exchange for a better panel but gold when you get a good one.
post #13593 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Several members here have been banned from returns at BB after returning multiple faulty TVs. I guess it's all up to the store manager or department manager.
I went back to return that 6900 Samsung. I had them order me a 55 in P series since they didn't have any in stock. This was the first one I had gotten and loved it. I'm hoping this one works out better for me. I paid $650 for it, which is $150 less than when I first purchased it, so all in all, I think I'm making out nicely - not to mention their return policy goes until early January.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13594 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
If your sitting 15FT away, 75" is NOT to big. I'm 8 feet away and moved from 50 to a 65 and I while it feels perfect, I could have gone to 70 and still felt right. I took painters tape and measured out how much surface area they would take on my wall and 50'' always felt to small to me even though 8 feet didn't seem that far. Before we took the 50" down I took a picture of them from my seated chair 8 feet away if that helps.
Thanks for the reference picture. I think the 75" vs 65" is more perception of big for my wife than actually how far away we are from the set, unfortunately. Seated far away it's not too big but if you're right up next to it, or knowing you have something that big, is kinda where the problem comes in. Ultimately I got the "I don't care, you can do what you want" so I'm treading carefully because that's not actually approval.

My wife is very accommodating in life and we agree on almost all things but I think TV size is one area where she'd much prefer to stay with what we have (55") then going up 10", let alone 20". With my bookshelf speakers I spaced them out to show how wide a 75 set would be and that it wasn't that much more, especially on that stand, but it still didn't do anything in my favor.
post #13595 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reference picture. I think the 75" vs 65" is more perception of big for my wife than actually how far away we are from the set, unfortunately. Seated far away it's not too big but if you're right up next to it, or knowing you have something that big, is kinda where the problem comes in. Ultimately I got the "I don't care, you can do what you want" so I'm treading carefully because that's not actually approval.

My wife is very accommodating in life and we agree on almost all things but I think TV size is one area where she'd much prefer to stay with what we have (55") then going up 10", let alone 20". With my bookshelf speakers I spaced them out to show how wide a 75 set would be and that it wasn't that much more, especially on that stand, but it still didn't do anything in my favor.
I should say that was more like 7 feet away, I forgot I had my arms out to get the TV's in frame. It looks like I'm close than I am because of the iPad camera.

My last tv was 4K but I never felt like it was, I think I was just to far away and it was to small at 50". That size was fine in 1080p. I understand where your coming from. Maybe you can get her to try it and say you can return it for smaller if she doesn't like it. Just get a good movie on it to knock her socks off lol. At your distance though I'd be looking at 75,(still a bit small for your distance) 85 or a projector. Have you tried explaining to her about the distance sizing charts?
post #13596 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1414 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
1. Budget
- Ideally I'm spending between $1,300-2,000. I'm willing to be on the higher end of my budget since I keep my TVs for a long time but I don't want to go much above that unless there's some ridiculous deal on a $3k set for $2.2k per se.
2. Seating distance
- Down in Texas now so I have a larger family room. One couch is straight on at 15' and the other is off to the left between 8-13' at 30-45 degree angle.
VA panels won't hold up at the 8-13 foot 30-45 degree off angle seating position. At your 65" size, the IPS FALD LG 65SK9000PUA is worth a look at $1,300. If you feel bold enough for a 75", the Sony XBR75X850F is $1,800 with no local dimming but it does have WCG. Both are decent handling reflections, which, based on that photo, appears important. And you might be able to get a deal at around your $2.2K limit on an LG 65" B8 or C8 OLED maximum PQ coupled with maximum viewing angle.

If you don't care about viewing angles, the Samsung VA panel "QLEDs" Q7FN/Q8FN/Q9FN are tops for anti-reflection performance. Pricey though at $2,000 for a edge-lit Q7FN 65" or $2,300 for the FALD Q8FN 65". The top-of-the-line 65" Q9FN is way over your budget at $3K.
post #13597 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Feeling a little overwhelmed and could use some advice on models to consider in purchasing a larger TV:

Budget: under ~$2,200
Main viewing distance: 14ft. From some seats it's less but this is the distance (at perpendicular) from the couch, where we typically sit, to the screen. Max angle we might watch from is ~30º to center of screen and from a closer distance.
Sizing and placement: This will be in our family room where we spend most of our time, so I don't want the screen to be too overwhelming, so size up to ~75" (diagonal). It will be mounted on the wall, slightly above eye level when seated.
Primary uses: We watch a fair amount of live sports, plus cable TV shows, and a little Netflix programming and movies. No Blu-ray (and don't see us getting one). No gaming.
Room lighting: Moderately well lit room although most of it is artificial light. Lights are on a dimmer so we can turn the lighting down when watching a movie but, frankly, we generally don't.

Our current TV is a 50" plasma. I'm indifferent between emissive vs transmissive technologies. This will be hooked up to our AV receiver and speakers so I'm not focused on built-in speakers and I don't care about voice-controls or other bells/whistles.

Suggestions, please! AVS members have always given me great advice in the past. Am hoping to tap into some of that expertise on this project, too. Thanks!
post #13598 of 14826 Old 11-20-2018, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtwom View Post
Feeling a little overwhelmed and could use some advice on models to consider in purchasing a larger TV:

Budget: under ~$2,200
Main viewing distance: 14ft. From some seats it's less but this is the distance (at perpendicular) from the couch, where we typically sit, to the screen. Max angle we might watch from is ~30º to center of screen and from a closer distance.
Sizing and placement: This will be in our family room where we spend most of our time, so I don't want the screen to be too overwhelming, so size up to ~75" (diagonal). It will be mounted on the wall, slightly above eye level when seated.
Primary uses: We watch a fair amount of live sports, plus cable TV shows, and a little Netflix programming and movies. No Blu-ray (and don't see us getting one). No gaming.
Room lighting: Moderately well lit room although most of it is artificial light. Lights are on a dimmer so we can turn the lighting down when watching a movie but, frankly, we generally don't.

Our current TV is a 50" plasma. I'm indifferent between emissive vs transmissive technologies. This will be hooked up to our AV receiver and speakers so I'm not focused on built-in speakers and I don't care about voice-controls or other bells/whistles.

Suggestions, please! AVS members have always given me great advice in the past. Am hoping to tap into some of that expertise on this project, too. Thanks!
Sony X850F. Wide viewing angle, good reflection handling, great motion.
bobtwom likes this.
post #13599 of 14826 Old 11-21-2018, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looking for 65" in $1k range available from Best Buy

Looking for a 65" 4k UHD in the $1k range that is available at Best Buy since I have $400 in rewards points to blow. I was thinking of the Sammy NU8000 but it looks like that unit is better for gaming than for movies or 4k Streaming. Also concerned about the viewing angle issues.

Any suggestions? Some "nice to have" points would be...

• 802.1ac (5ghz) Wifi
  • 3-4 HDMI inputs

Any help is appreciated!
post #13600 of 14826 Old 11-21-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
VA panels won't hold up at the 8-13 foot 30-45 degree off angle seating position. At your 65" size, the IPS FALD LG 65SK9000PUA is worth a look at $1,300. If you feel bold enough for a 75", the Sony XBR75X850F is $1,800 with no local dimming but it does have WCG. Both are decent handling reflections, which, based on that photo, appears important. And you might be able to get a deal at around your $2.2K limit on an LG 65" B8 or C8 OLED maximum PQ coupled with maximum viewing angle.

If you don't care about viewing angles, the Samsung VA panel "QLEDs" Q7FN/Q8FN/Q9FN are tops for anti-reflection performance. Pricey though at $2,000 for a edge-lit Q7FN 65" or $2,300 for the FALD Q8FN 65". The top-of-the-line 65" Q9FN is way over your budget at $3K.
If I step up to 75" (wife is more willing after talking more...or maybe just tired of me nagging) it definitely seems like a commitment to having to spend more since there aren't too many options and from a cursory glance it's either high-end or low-end options, not too much in the mid-range for price, right? I guess what my main question now is, is a 65" LG B8/C8 OLED for 2-2.4k better overall than a 75" in the equivalent price range? The C8 seems like the best TV on the market for me right now, it's just smaller than what my be optimal for my room. But given that I'm willing to accept something a bit smaller relative to the viewing distance is a really good 65" better than a good 75"?

Obviously I have to make that call but I'm curious what people would do in my situation.
post #13601 of 14826 Old 11-21-2018, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervari View Post
Looking for a 65" 4k UHD in the $1k range that is available at Best Buy since I have $400 in rewards points to blow. I was thinking of the Sammy NU8000 but it looks like that unit is better for gaming than for movies or 4k Streaming. Also concerned about the viewing angle issues.

Any suggestions? Some "nice to have" points would be...

• 802.1ac (5ghz) Wifi
  • 3-4 HDMI inputs

Any help is appreciated!
If your looking for a 65" with extended viewing angles under $1K you're looking at an IPS panel TV from LG or Sony. In that range, Best Buy carries the LG SK8000 and the Sony 850F. Both have 4 HDMI inputs and have 5 GHz WiFi. The LG has mediocre edge local dimming while the Sony has none but the Sony is brighter. The 65" IPS panel TV to get at Best Buy is the LG SK9000, which has FALD for better HDR, and is brighter but is $1,300.
CruelInventions likes this.
post #13602 of 14826 Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If I step up to 75" (wife is more willing after talking more...or maybe just tired of me nagging) it definitely seems like a commitment to having to spend more since there aren't too many options and from a cursory glance it's either high-end or low-end options, not too much in the mid-range for price, right? I guess what my main question now is, is a 65" LG B8/C8 OLED for 2-2.4k better overall than a 75" in the equivalent price range? The C8 seems like the best TV on the market for me right now, it's just smaller than what my be optimal for my room. But given that I'm willing to accept something a bit smaller relative to the viewing distance is a really good 65" better than a good 75"?

Obviously I have to make that call but I'm curious what people would do in my situation.
At 15 feet you want the bigger TV, while at the 8 feet off angle area you want the 65" OLED. At 15 feet, I don't know that you would even be aware of the superior PQ of the C8 OLED. It would look so tiny.
post #13603 of 14826 Old 11-21-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
At 15 feet you want the bigger TV, while at the 8 feet off angle area you want the 65" OLED. At 15 feet, I don't know that you would even be aware of the superior PQ of the C8 OLED. It would look so tiny.
So what I'm hearing is I should get the 65" C8 but put it in out bedroom to replace my 11 year old Sony KDL-40XBR9 we have that's 10' away. Best of both worlds, I get the really good TV and don't have to be as far away from it. I'm sure that'd go over just fine
post #13604 of 14826 Old 11-21-2018, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So what I'm hearing is I should get the 65" C8 but put it in out bedroom to replace my 11 year old Sony KDL-40XBR9 we have that's 10' away. Best of both worlds, I get the really good TV and don't have to be as far away from it. I'm sure that'd go over just fine
Yeah, that'll work. In your dreams.
Thrice likes this.
post #13605 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Is this a good deal or look for something else?

Want to replace a old 55” room size 13x13

LG 70UK6570AUB
https://www.bjs.com/product/lg-70uk6...00000001274751
post #13606 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Tough decision. Some really good Costco prices.
Trying to decide between Vizio P75-f1, LG 75UD6570?, and Samsung QLED the one in 1800-2000 price range

Vizio now down to $1699

Soundbar is Samsung N950, so don’t know if that suggests I should do Samsung TV for any extra benefit?
post #13607 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Is this a good deal or look for something else?

Want to replace a old 55” room size 13x13

LG 70UK6570AUB
https://www.bjs.com/product/lg-70uk6...00000001274751
It's a good price for a 70" TV for sure. Just so you know, the 70" UK6570 has a VA panel, not the usual LG IPS panel. So deeper blacks but a typically narrow VA panel viewing angle.
post #13608 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wow amazing thread and the amount of time people helping other people out is great.I have only read the last 5-6 pages to get a feel what I should be looking for.

I am getting an itch to replace my Samsung PN60F5500 60" 1080p 3D plasma HDTV.
It has very good picture and works fine. Just looking to go bigger without sacrificing picture quality too much.
In the past I have went bigger than the Samsung PN60F5500 60" but always sold the TV and went back to Samsung PN60F5500 60".

Budget
$500-$2000

Seating Distance

From the TV to seats 10'-12'
From TV to Bar 18'-20'

Size/Placement

Viewing angle not really important (Seats and Bar are approximately centered compared with TV). With homemade stand for TV, so sitting at bar the top of TV is eye level.

Uses
4K and HDR not necessary but would be a nice bonus.
3D not needed.
Sports 80% Hockey so bright whites for ICE would be nice.
PC Gaming and good web browsing compatibility.

Lighting
Dark gaming room with no light.

Other Considerations
Basically looking for suggestions on a larger TV with if possible as good as the colours on the plasma I would like to replace.
Thank you for any suggestions and help.
post #13609 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1231 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardfraser View Post
Wow amazing thread and the amount of time people helping other people out is great.I have only read the last 5-6 pages to get a feel what I should be looking for.
Correction. It's basically one person helping others out on an impressively consistent basis. VA_DaveB.

He may or may not care about such things but it's a thread crime that this guy isn't getting a ton of "like" votes for nearly every post he makes within this thread.

Last edited by CruelInventions; 11-22-2018 at 07:53 PM.
post #13610 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Question Looking for a 75" on Black Friday

Looking for the best deal that can be had for a good quality 75" to replace an aging 65" DLP Mitsubishi Diamond.... Our other two TVs are Samsung and have been working well.

1. Budget $1,500-ish

2. Seating distance ~8' (but can go closer or a bit further if needed)

3. Size/placement limitations - See attached image of the room. I't a second floor bonus room... TV will be on the left side of the room (probably on a piece of furniture) , there are 3 large windows. But we have a lot of trees in the back yard and only get light in during winter (when there are no leaves), and for a couple hours a day depending on the time of the year.

4. Uses and sources . connected to an older Yamaha receiver, Playstation 4, and a Uverse TV box. Watch a lot of Netflix, Prime, BluRay, and streams from my Plex media server. We do game a bit as well. Surround is outputted to older SVS speakers. Would like 4k as well...

5. Room lighting - Primarily the three windows on the one wall. We also have two table lamps behind the couch, but those are off when watching TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3537817f55fadc0483b0ee80daf54eb5.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	583.4 KB
ID:	2486390  

Last edited by u4ea; 11-22-2018 at 08:40 PM.
post #13611 of 14826 Old 11-22-2018, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello there and welcome to a Personal Computer / Home-Office Audio Video post where I have the question to ask as follows...
What display should I mount above my 70" some odd desk that remains under $600 for the purpose of sitting leaned back fairly close to and playing games? I'll also watch 4k Blu-Ray titles, doing everything a thick client PC can do, in my dreams plugging my TV via optical into a Nova 500 (Peachtree, look it up it just came out) and I have a set top cable box hooked up here also. Here are a few contenders but I really need further advice as every AV forum I found interest in is European and their model TVs they're referencing are Freeview or whatever that it is, enabled.
Check these out... I'm looking for something around 43" with, now this is where I question, 120hz motion rate? Correct? On a TV is that outrageous? I know they have 240hz advertised on QLED models but I'm not sure where this all goes right now.
Hisense U7A
436M6VBPAB/01/ 436M6VBPAB/00 / Try to spot the difference between these two, I couldn't find a one! That's a Philips Abilight Monitor
Samsung 43NU7400 / Samsung 43KS7500

I've been trying for 30 minutes to post this but it keeps saying I have a link in the description, when I then deleted it but it's persisting lets see wish me luuuck....
post #13612 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Happy Black Friday all. My JS9000 is on it's last leg and I'm looking to replace with a Q9. This is the first time I've been faced with buying a new set this late in year though. Anything on the horizon for 2019 worth holding out for? When does the 2019 flagship model typically come out?

- 8K not an factor
- TV usage: 50% gaming / 25% DTV / 25% Streaming
- HDR peak brightness is a factor
- Low Input lag a must
- Would be nice to finally get TV that doesn't have color banding.

This is the first time in awhile I've considered jumping to another brand for OLED but I think I'm too attached to Samsung PQ / settings for OLED to be worth it for me (burn-in being a big concern). Plus Samsung's efforts towards the adult gamer with VRR and auto-detect game mode for X1 is a nice touch.

Just don't want to pull the trigger on a Q9 is something worth changing brands or if the new Samsung flagship is just around the corner.
post #13613 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 03:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u4ea View Post
Looking for the best deal that can be had for a good quality 75" to replace an aging 65" DLP Mitsubishi Diamond.... Our other two TVs are Samsung and have been working well.

1. Budget $1,500-ish

2. Seating distance ~8' (but can go closer or a bit further if needed)

3. Size/placement limitations - See attached image of the room. I't a second floor bonus room... TV will be on the left side of the room (probably on a piece of furniture) , there are 3 large windows. But we have a lot of trees in the back yard and only get light in during winter (when there are no leaves), and for a couple hours a day depending on the time of the year.

4. Uses and sources . connected to an older Yamaha receiver, Playstation 4, and a Uverse TV box. Watch a lot of Netflix, Prime, BluRay, and streams from my Plex media server. We do game a bit as well. Surround is outputted to older SVS speakers. Would like 4k as well...

5. Room lighting - Primarily the three windows on the one wall. We also have two table lamps behind the couch, but those are off when watching TV.
Look at the 75" Samsung NU8000 which is going for $1,600 on BF sales right now.
post #13614 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 03:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by availingfaith View Post
Happy Black Friday all. My JS9000 is on it's last leg and I'm looking to replace with a Q9. This is the first time I've been faced with buying a new set this late in year though. Anything on the horizon for 2019 worth holding out for? When does the 2019 flagship model typically come out?

- 8K not an factor
- TV usage: 50% gaming / 25% DTV / 25% Streaming
- HDR peak brightness is a factor
- Low Input lag a must
- Would be nice to finally get TV that doesn't have color banding.

This is the first time in awhile I've considered jumping to another brand for OLED but I think I'm too attached to Samsung PQ / settings for OLED to be worth it for me (burn-in being a big concern). Plus Samsung's efforts towards the adult gamer with VRR and auto-detect game mode for X1 is a nice touch.

Just don't want to pull the trigger on a Q9 is something worth changing brands or if the new Samsung flagship is just around the corner.
The 2018 Q9FN came out in late March so figure March/April 2019 for next year's flagship.
availingfaith likes this.
post #13615 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 04:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I am getting an itch to replace my Samsung PN60F5500 60" 1080p 3D plasma HDTV.
It has very good picture and works fine. Just looking to go bigger without sacrificing picture quality too much.
In the past I have went bigger than the Samsung PN60F5500 60" but always sold the TV and went back to Samsung PN60F5500 60".

Budget
$500-$2000

Seating Distance

From the TV to seats 10'-12'
From TV to Bar 18'-20'

Size/Placement

Viewing angle not really important (Seats and Bar are approximately centered compared with TV). With homemade stand for TV, so sitting at bar the top of TV is eye level.

Uses
4K and HDR not necessary but would be a nice bonus.
3D not needed.
Sports 80% Hockey so bright whites for ICE would be nice.
PC Gaming and good web browsing compatibility.

Lighting
Dark gaming room with no light.

Other Considerations
Basically looking for suggestions on a larger TV with if possible as good as the colours on the plasma I would like to replace.
Thank you for any suggestions and help.
It's tough "upgrading" from a quality plasma for dark room viewing. From your specs you only want to consider VA panel TV. Since your budget won't allow for a higher-end FALD 75" VA panel, I'd suggest that you look at the Samsung NU8000 and Q6FN at $1.6K and $2K, respectively. Normally I'd just recommend the NU8000 in your price range, but the Q6FN has a bit better WCG performance and color volume, and you mentioned color as a priority. Both Samsung's are edge-lit 120 Hz VA panels with local dimming and are good for gaming and sports with fast response time, low input lag, and VRR support. Both have edge dimming with high contrast ratios for very deep blacks.
gerardfraser likes this.
post #13616 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
It's a good price for a 70" TV for sure. Just so you know, the 70" UK6570 has a VA panel, not the usual LG IPS panel. So deeper blacks but a typically narrow VA panel viewing angle.
Thanks,

Costco have it on sale at $829 with free extra 3 yr protection plan.

And they also have the Vizio E70-F $729 without the free square trade warranty.
The 3yr warranty is $65

Last edited by cloudbuster; 11-23-2018 at 09:21 AM.
post #13617 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 09:18 AM

Well I ended up picking up the Vizio I hope it was not such a big difference in quality.
post #13618 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Red face

Quote:
It's tough "upgrading" from a quality plasma for dark room viewing. From your specs you only want to consider VA panel TV. Since your budget won't allow for a higher-end FALD 75" VA panel, I'd suggest that you look at the Samsung NU8000 and Q6FN at $1.6K and $2K, respectively. Normally I'd just recommend the NU8000 in your price range, but the Q6FN has a bit better WCG performance and color volume, and you mentioned color as a priority. Both Samsung's are edge-lit 120 Hz VA panels with local dimming and are good for gaming and sports with fast response time, low input lag, and VRR support. Both have edge dimming with high contrast ratios for very deep blacks.
Well thank you very much for the reply,I really do appreciate you feedback and time spent on helping people out.I will head to my local BestBuy and check out the TV sets you mentioned and maybe a C8 75"

@CruelInventions
Why you being weird,calling people names.I see you edited your post so i will not repeat it.
I was immediately remind of a Trump hater from your post,it was ridiculous or you were just drunk and having fun ,if so I apologize .(I am Canadian and do not care about the USA politics but I see the same pattern everywhere)
I was giving a compliment on the forum,you quoted me and started calling people names and trying to bully them.Not cool at all.
post #13619 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1231 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Well thank you very much for the reply,I really do appreciate you feedback and time spent on helping people out.I will head to my local BestBuy and check out the TV sets you mentioned and maybe a C8 75"

@CruelInventions
Why you being weird,calling people names.I see you edited your post so i will not repeat it.
I was immediately remind of a Trump hater from your post,it was ridiculous or you were just drunk and having fun ,if so I apologize .(I am Canadian and do not care about the USA politics but I see the same pattern everywhere)
I was giving a compliment on the forum,you quoted me and started calling people names and trying to bully them.Not cool at all.
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I did edit my post because I was a little too harsh in general. But none of that was ever directed at you or anyone specifically for that matter, i.e., "calling people names". I quoted you just as the launch point to express frustration at all the other people who seem to take Dave's advise for granted here. Either by not "liking" his posts or not expressing thanks after getting their questions answered, etc.

PS: "bully them"? lol. How old are you?
post #13620 of 14826 Old 11-23-2018, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
The 2018 Q9FN came out in late March so figure March/April 2019 for next year's flagship.
Thank you. I'm not finding much via Google but has anything leaked or what is the expectation for the 2019 lineup? Incremental year or something worth holding out for? I did find that Samsung might be offer OLED next year but not sure if that's in addition to or in replace of their QLED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Cables Interconnects , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Sony , Toshiba

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page