the "help me choose an LCD" thread - Page 460 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 911Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13771 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts. Since I wrote the above post, I read that the OneConnect cord is not UL compatible so is not rated to go behind the wall. They do sell a UL rated one, but for an additional $100. Another strike against the Q7/Q9. In any case, I think you are right -- I have now narrowed it down to the Samsung Q8 and the Sony 900F.

I need to figure out the sweet spot between Movies and Games. We watch probably 50% TV, 30% Movies, 20% games. I think what I need to determine is - how much better the Samsung is over the Sony at Games, and how much better is the Sony is over the Samsung at movies. I'll go to Best Buy today and look at them both in person and make the final decision.

And Hue Lighting is definitely going on the back of whatever we end up buying.
Both are good choices. Get the Samsung if you prefer saturated colors or "pop", get the Sony if you like more accurate and natural colors. Both are FALD with similar numbers of zones, the Sony has a bit better viewing angle with more accurate colors, the Samsung is better with reflections and has more color volume. Pick the one that looks best to your eye.

Hopefully you don't plan to make many roaring fires in that fireplace.
VA_DaveB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13772 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 01:39 PM
Member
 
Janey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Both are good choices. Get the Samsung if you prefer saturated colors or "pop", get the Sony if you like more accurate and natural colors. Both are FALD with similar numbers of zones, the Sony has a bit better viewing angle with more accurate colors, the Samsung is better with reflections and has more color volume. Pick the one that looks best to your eye.

Hopefully you don't plan to make many roaring fires in that fireplace.
Haha the fireplace (gas insert) is on only while there is a chill, and then it gets turned off.

We went to Best Buy and I think we are going with the Sony. I feel like it is going to give us the best "Space/Sci-Fi At Night" experience, and pretty good at everything else. Now, we just need to determine who is going to install it for us.
Janey is offline  
post #13773 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Now, we just need to determine who is going to install it for us.
Comon' man, just dooo it!!!!!
VA_DaveB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13774 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 04:48 PM
Member
 
DJ Kuul A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Sooooo. . .here's where I'm at.

My Toshiba 65hm167 is starting to dim again. . .at this point, I'll miss it, but when this bulb goes, it'll be time to upgrade. That set has served me well for a long, long time, but LCD tech has come a long way since the last time I shopped for a TV (which was actually the plasma currently in my bedroom, but I digress. . .).

I watch from a distance of about 9' for the most part (also from the dinner table a bit farther away ). The room is not super wide, so a wide viewing angle is not necessary.

The most important viewing is done at night when the room is very dark. However, I live in Florida, and my TV room has a number of south-facing windows. During the day, it gets bright and there's plenty of glare, even with the curtains closed.

Usage: BD (4K and 2K) and DVD movies, PS4, sports, and various other regular HD cable content. In that order in terms of personal importance, but in terms of actual time spent, it might be reversed, so this is "Mixed Use" City. (I'm sure I'll try some 4K streaming too, once I have a 4K set.)

Image quality is most important to me, by a wide margin. Audio is least important (it's actually very important to me, but I intentionally set up my HT so that everything runs through my STR-DN1080, thus the TV's audio is meaningless ). Minimizing screen glare/reflection is also high on the list, as is input lag (for gaming).

After much hemming and hawing, I think I've decided to go to 75". This removes OLED from the equation due to budgetary constraints.

I'm actually kind of bouncing between the Vizio P75 (currently $1700 at Costco) and the Sony X900F (currently around $2800 at various places; some sites seem to have it for a few hundred less).

I can see the X900f in 75" and the P65 on the wall at Best Buy. . .everything looks "nice" there with those demo reels and settings cranked up (especially compared to my nearly dead DLP bulb at home), but who knows what they'll look like in my house, calibrated.

To some extent, it's a question of what I can afford vs. what I can justify. I think I am just going to have to determine whether that price difference is worth it to me, and go from there. Does anyone who owns one of those sets have comments, positive or negative, on any of my criteria? Is there another set in those price ranges that I should be considering? The X850f on the BB wall doesn't look hugely different from the 900f aside from the $1000 missing from its price tag, but from what I read online, it's a significantly inferior panel. Will I notice? Does the Vizio for a similar price blow it away? Am I wrong to give up on Samsung and LG?
DJ Kuul A is offline  
post #13775 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kuul A View Post
Minimizing screen glare/reflection is also high on the list, as is input lag (for gaming).
The best TVs for minimizing glare/reflections are the Samsung Q7FN/Q8FN/Q9FN which are also great for gaming as they support VRR (Freesync on AMD GPUs). The Q7FN is edge lit and the Q9FN is uber pricey so the Q8FN FALD "QLED" is one you ought to look at.
DaverJ likes this.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #13776 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 06:29 PM
Member
 
DJ Kuul A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
The best TVs for minimizing glare/reflections are the Samsung Q7FN/Q8FN/Q9FN which are also great for gaming as they support VRR (Freesync on AMD GPUs). The Q7FN is edge lit and the Q9FN is uber pricey so the Q8FN FALD "QLED" is one you ought to look at.
That looks like a good set, but at $3500, it's more than I'm looking to spend. Even the Q7FN ($2900) is more expensive than the x900f.
DJ Kuul A is offline  
post #13777 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 07:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kuul A View Post
That looks like a good set, but at $3500, it's more than I'm looking to spend. Even the Q7FN ($2900) is more expensive than the x900f.
I personally like the 900F better myself, but your concerns about screen glare/reflection (you mentioned it twice) and gaming seemed make the Q8FN a good fit. It's odd to me how low end Samsung TVs are much cheaper than the equivalent Sony's while the higher end ones are generally more expensive. IMO the Q8FN should be priced the same as the 900F since they are nearly identical performers with very similar FALD configurations. The edge-lit Q7FN should be at least $500 less than the 900F. But Samsung has too many models and should drop either the Q6FN or NU8000 line since they perform so similar. I they got rid of the Q6FN, the Q7FN could slide down to the Q6FN pricing level and the Q8FN could then drop to the Q7FN pricing.
tubers likes this.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #13778 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 07:07 PM
Member
 
DJ Kuul A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
I personally like the 900F better myself, but your concerns about screen glare/reflection (you mentioned it twice) and gaming seemed make the Q8FN a good fit. It's odd to me how low end Samsung TVs are much cheaper than the equivalent Sony's while the higher end ones are generally more expensive. IMO the Q8FN should be priced the same as the 900F since they are nearly identical performers with very similar FALD configurations. The edge-lit Q7FN should be at least $500 less than the 900F. But Samsung has too many models and should drop either the Q6FN or NU8000 line since they perform so similar. I they got rid of the Q6FN, the Q7FN could slide down to the Q6FN pricing level and the Q8FN could then drop to the Q7FN pricing.
From your mouth to Samsung's ears!
DJ Kuul A is offline  
post #13779 of 15887 Old 12-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Member
 
Janey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Comon' man, just dooo it!!!!!
It is done. The Nerd Herd down at the Buy More are coming on 1/4 to install the 900F. Woot.
PlanetAVS likes this.
Janey is offline  
post #13780 of 15887 Old 12-29-2018, 01:06 PM
Member
 
Bond_E111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Workout room TV

I’m looking for a TV for my workout room. Distance is going to be 5-6ft for most viewing. I will be streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc most of the time. Looking for something in the 40-55inch range, and I don’t want to spend over $1,000 if possible.
Bond_E111 is offline  
post #13781 of 15887 Old 12-29-2018, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 3,938
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond_E111 View Post
I’m looking for a TV for my workout room. Distance is going to be 5-6ft for most viewing. I will be streaming Netflix, Hulu, etc most of the time. Looking for something in the 40-55inch range, and I don’t want to spend over $1,000 if possible.
The 55 inch Sony 900F is on sale at B&H for $1000 currently. If you prefer to buy local, Best Buy will price match
Bond_E111 and Dchak like this.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #13782 of 15887 Old 01-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
Chief Ediri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any dedicated Insigina TV threads? Looking to see if there's firmwire updates provided.

Definitely want to recalibrate it too.
Chief Ediri is offline  
post #13783 of 15887 Old 01-01-2019, 09:13 PM
JJ7
Advanced Member
 
JJ7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I am looking to upgrade the TV in my dedicated theater room. It's really our secondary display device, wall-mounted, with a motorized screen that drops down (115") and a JVC projector as the primary device. I upgraded the JVC a year ago so it can accept 4K / HDR signals. I'd like to upgrade the TV as well. Currently it's a 55" Sony from 2011 (KDL-55HX800). My needs are:

65" (will be wall-mounted)
4K, HDR
$2000 or less

The room has good light control. The sources most used with the TV are game systems (PS4, Switch), Apple TV 4K and a TiVo Roamio. Everything is running through a Denon X4300H.
JJ7 is offline  
post #13784 of 15887 Old 01-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 15
sorry not sure if this is the right place to post this, i didnt see any comparison threads..


I just picked up a 65" X900F as a 2nd TV. Overall this is a nice display, beautiful colors. But the light bloom is ridiculous against black background using as a PC monitor. Have messed around with the dimming settings / brightness etc, but still very noticeable. Especially in a dark room.


My other TV is a 65" Samsung KS8000 used as a PC monitor mainly and the blooming is barely noticeable. Was reading this has something to do with edge lit vs FALD. FYI I love the picture on the KS8000 and would have bought another if they were still in stores. On the 900F viewing from any more than a slight angle kind of sucks too.


Any suggestions to minimize this problem? Could a future firmware update fix it? I have 10 days left to return to Best Buy.

Would a Samsung QF6 or NU8000 be better since blooming is a sticking point for me? I realize on paper they are inferior TV's. How do those TV's stack up against a KS8000?
Badmotorf1nger is offline  
post #13785 of 15887 Old 01-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Senior Member
 
tubers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmotorf1nger View Post
sorry not sure if this is the right place to post this, i didnt see any comparison threads..


I just picked up a 65" X900F as a 2nd TV. Overall this is a nice display, beautiful colors. But the light bloom is ridiculous against black background using as a PC monitor. Have messed around with the dimming settings / brightness etc, but still very noticeable. Especially in a dark room.


My other TV is a 65" Samsung KS8000 used as a PC monitor mainly and the blooming is barely noticeable. Was reading this has something to do with edge lit vs FALD. FYI I love the picture on the KS8000 and would have bought another if they were still in stores. On the 900F viewing from any more than a slight angle kind of sucks too.


Any suggestions to minimize this problem? Could a future firmware update fix it? I have 10 days left to return to Best Buy.

Would a Samsung QF6 or NU8000 be better since blooming is a sticking point for me? I realize on paper they are inferior TV's. How do those TV's stack up against a KS8000?
have you tried Graphics Mode preset?
tubers is offline  
post #13786 of 15887 Old 01-02-2019, 04:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubers View Post
have you tried Graphics Mode preset?
yes, that made the screen look worse, almost as if i was viewing it from an angle when viewing dead straight
Badmotorf1nger is offline  
post #13787 of 15887 Old 01-02-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 3,938
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmotorf1nger View Post
sorry not sure if this is the right place to post this, i didnt see any comparison threads..


I just picked up a 65" X900F as a 2nd TV. Overall this is a nice display, beautiful colors. But the light bloom is ridiculous against black background using as a PC monitor. Have messed around with the dimming settings / brightness etc, but still very noticeable. Especially in a dark room.


My other TV is a 65" Samsung KS8000 used as a PC monitor mainly and the blooming is barely noticeable. Was reading this has something to do with edge lit vs FALD. FYI I love the picture on the KS8000 and would have bought another if they were still in stores. On the 900F viewing from any more than a slight angle kind of sucks too.


Any suggestions to minimize this problem? Could a future firmware update fix it? I have 10 days left to return to Best Buy.

Would a Samsung QF6 or NU8000 be better since blooming is a sticking point for me? I realize on paper they are inferior TV's. How do those TV's stack up against a KS8000?
The general advice (for all TVs) to minimize blooming is to install bias lighting and sit on center as much as possible.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #13788 of 15887 Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Member
 
TomGallopavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We are purchasing a 75 or plus tv for our soon to be theater. The room is 14 feet long and will have two rows of seating and has a 14 foot ceiling. The room is very dark. New construction.

The tv we liked at Best Buy was this:

Sony - 75" Class - LED - X900F Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR

It will be run with a 7.1 surround sound system. We will wait for SB sales but we are curious as to any comments you have about this tv or suggestions for others to look at.

Thank You!!!!
TomGallopavo is offline  
post #13789 of 15887 Old 01-02-2019, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post
We are purchasing a 75 or plus tv for our soon to be theater. The room is 14 feet long and will have two rows of seating and has a 14 foot ceiling. The room is very dark. New construction.

The tv we liked at Best Buy was this:

Sony - 75" Class - LED - X900F Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR

It will be run with a 7.1 surround sound system. We will wait for SB sales but we are curious as to any comments you have about this tv or suggestions for others to look at.

Thank You!!!!
Depending on your budget you might consider the Sony XBR75Z9D or Sony XBR75X940E for your very dark home theater setup. Both are high-end TVs with many more zones than the mid-level Sony 900F you are considering.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #13790 of 15887 Old 01-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Newbie
 
JScottwoodwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
75 x900f or 65 q9fn

12' viewing distance
JScottwoodwork is offline  
post #13791 of 15887 Old 01-02-2019, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScottwoodwork View Post
75 x900f or 65 q9fn

12' viewing distance
At 12 feet, IMO, a 75" or larger TV should be your choice.
JScottwoodwork likes this.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #13792 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 07:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was going to purchase a Sony 65" X900F for $1,600 from BestBuy. Did my research and figured it was the best replacement TV for my Samsung plasma... My Marantz NR1603 then decided that it doesn't feel like working properly every other day. My dilemma is: spend the $1,600 on the Sony and risk the Marantz failing and having to spend more to replace it OR buy a TCL 6 Series and Denon x3400h for $1,600 and get it all done in one shot. Obviously I know the quality of TV will suffer, so its not a direct A/B comparison - more of a "what would you do with my $1,600?" situation.

Thanks!

TCL 65R - Marantz NR1603 - Focal 700 CC, Focal 706v, Paradigm Cinema 70, Paradigm Monitor Sub 12
dunnkm2 is offline  
post #13793 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 3,938
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnkm2 View Post
I was going to purchase a Sony 65" X900F for $1,600 from BestBuy. Did my research and figured it was the best replacement TV for my Samsung plasma... My Marantz NR1603 then decided that it doesn't feel like working properly every other day. My dilemma is: spend the $1,600 on the Sony and risk the Marantz failing and having to spend more to replace it OR buy a TCL 6 Series and Denon x3400h for $1,600 and get it all done in one shot. Obviously I know the quality of TV will suffer, so its not a direct A/B comparison - more of a "what would you do with my $1,600?" situation.

Thanks!
If you're comfortable buying from a non brick and mortar, both the 900F and the 3400H have been on sale regularly for the last two months and you could get close to your $1600 budget. Depending on your AVR needs, you could step down to the 2400H and get most of the same basic capabilities as well.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #13794 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
If you're comfortable buying from a non brick and mortar, both the 900F and the 3400H have been on sale regularly for the last two months and you could get close to your $1600 budget. Depending on your AVR needs, you could step down to the 2400H and get most of the same basic capabilities as well.
Thanks for the input! The reason why it's BestBuy is the fact that I have rewards certificates and gift cards from Christmas... So I would be using that for the TV purchase, and then I would be getting the x3400h somewhere else. If I weren't married I would just get the 900F and x3400h and not think twice about it. However, I have a 2 year old and my second is due in April...

TCL 65R - Marantz NR1603 - Focal 700 CC, Focal 706v, Paradigm Cinema 70, Paradigm Monitor Sub 12
dunnkm2 is offline  
post #13795 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 3,938
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnkm2 View Post
Thanks for the input! The reason why it's BestBuy is the fact that I have rewards certificates and gift cards from Christmas... So I would be using that for the TV purchase, and then I would be getting the x3400h somewhere else. If I weren't married I would just get the 900F and x3400h and not think twice about it. However, I have a 2 year old and my second is due in April...
If you're not in a rush, you could wait for a Super Bowl sale on the 900F and then get BB to price match. Since you're buying the AVR elsewhere, keep an eye on slickdeals. The Denons go on sale all the time.

Otherwise, the TCL would be a good choice as you can return it to Best Buy if you get a defective panel (usually bad DSE). There's something to be said for going for a value TV with the rate of technology improvements in TVS year to year.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #13796 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
If you're not in a rush, you could wait for a Super Bowl sale on the 900F and then get BB to price match. Since you're buying the AVR elsewhere, keep an eye on slickdeals. The Denons go on sale all the time.

Otherwise, the TCL would be a good choice as you can return it to Best Buy if you get a defective panel (usually bad DSE). There's something to be said for going for a value TV with the rate of technology improvements in TVS year to year.
Thanks again for your insight. I have $375 in rewards and gift cards - the only thing that sucks about BestBuy rewards is that you need to use them by a certain date. In my case, it's January 19th that $190 needs to be used by or it's gone. I have zero issues buying an AVR from somewhere else though...

TCL 65R - Marantz NR1603 - Focal 700 CC, Focal 706v, Paradigm Cinema 70, Paradigm Monitor Sub 12
dunnkm2 is offline  
post #13797 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 3,938
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
Liked: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnkm2 View Post
Thanks again for your insight. I have $375 in rewards and gift cards - the only thing that sucks about BestBuy rewards is that you need to use them by a certain date. In my case, it's January 19th that $190 needs to be used by or it's gone. I have zero issues buying an AVR from somewhere else though...
Maybe get the AVR from BB instead? They have some decent 7.2 Onkyos if you want to squeeze it into budget
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #13798 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Maybe get the AVR from BB instead? They have some decent 7.2 Onkyos if you want to squeeze it into budget
Worst Buy has the 2018 Denon X3500H "on sale" for $799, which is the same price they're selling the lower X2500H model for.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #13799 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philly Burbs
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
Worst Buy has the 2018 Denon X3500H "on sale" for $799, which is the same price they're selling the lower X2500H model for.
I would rather get the TV from BestBuy - since having to play the panel lottery with the TCL I want to be able to take it back quickly for a replacement unit. Crutchfield - which I've used to purchase a lot of equipment has the x3400h for $599. I would rather stick with at least the x3400h or better for the XT32 processing. With the changes from the x3400h to x3500h being minimal, I think the x3400h would suit my needs the best.

TCL 65R - Marantz NR1603 - Focal 700 CC, Focal 706v, Paradigm Cinema 70, Paradigm Monitor Sub 12
dunnkm2 is offline  
post #13800 of 15887 Old 01-04-2019, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnkm2 View Post
I would rather get the TV from BestBuy - since having to play the panel lottery with the TCL I want to be able to take it back quickly for a replacement unit. Crutchfield - which I've used to purchase a lot of equipment has the x3400h for $599. I would rather stick with at least the x3400h or better for the XT32 processing. With the changes from the x3400h to x3500h being minimal, I think the x3400h would suit my needs the best.

OK, never mind. Get what you want where you want.
PlanetAVS likes this.
VA_DaveB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Cables Interconnects , Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Sony , Toshiba

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off