Official Sharp Elite PRO-70X5 and 60X5 Owners Thread - Page 498 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

post #14911 of 14915 Old 06-17-2019, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lewis View Post
Yeh- I switched to Roku devices uniformly on all TVs some time ago. with TV mfr's playing 'pass the potato' on who's got the best new picture quality and screen size, it was the only way to maintain a familiar experience for the family. I have a mix of Samsung, Sony and the Elite. Now I no longer need to worry about updating apps in TVs and no one is asking me "hey how do i access netflix etc" or "hey the TV app is not working".
Roku stick is the way to go IMO. Much simpler and intuitive interface than the Fire Stick.

Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD (Kuro PRO-171FD) x 2
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14912 of 14915 Old 06-17-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFX View Post
My 70" was wrapped in plastic wrap and stored deep in a dry, heated storage unit for 5 years.
I just moved it out and have been watching the set for the past week. It works perfectly and looks fantastic.

The ISF calibration information held and my collection looks amazing.
I've been re-watching favourite films from the last few years ( which I watched on a 54" Panasonic plasma ) and it's like seeing them for the first time.
Why was it in storage for 5 years if you don't mind me asking...

Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD (Kuro PRO-171FD) x 2
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020
post #14913 of 14915 Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM
VFX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
Why was it in storage for 5 years if you don't mind me asking...
In an attempt to achieve image perfection, I was experimenting with the remote in “Engineering Mode” Somehow I tore open a small slit in the fabric of time/space and was catapulted 5 years into the future. My family, unaware of my “whenabouts”©️ preserved the Pro-70X5 in a giant L shaped storage unit, with the hope that I would one day return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14914 of 14915 Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM
VFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFX View Post
In an attempt to achieve image perfection, I was experimenting with the remote in “Engineering Mode” Somehow I tore open a small slit in the fabric of time/space and was catapulted 5 years into the future. My family, unaware of my “whenabouts”©️ preserved the Pro-70X5 in a giant L shaped storage unit, with the hope that I would one day return.
Before everyone challenges my attempt to copyright “whenabouts” I might add that during the five years in your present, I ping ponged forwards and back in time as far as 1975 or earlier, so who really knows?
post #14915 of 14915 Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM
VFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lewis View Post
Get a Roku or Apple TV. I don't think I've ever used the built-in apps once. all my displays have a roku so the experience is consistent and easy to upgrade.
The Netflix “App” always looked terrible on the Sharp. I don’t mean the playback, I mean the GUI. It looked like cheap video. I always sourced Netflix and YouTube from somewhere else.
Apple TV always looked great. I’m currently using the Apple TV 4K ( model number not resolution )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp Elite Black 70inch Pro 70x5fd Flat Panel 3d Led Hdtv , Sharp Elite Pro 60x5fd 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page