Samsung 65es8000 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-17-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been the owner of samsung 55es8000, 60es8000, VT50 and 65es8000 ( 2 of them). The best of these was the 60es8000 tough the 55" was close except for the heating. I went for the 65" for its size and price, exchanged once for vertical banding. The second unit has banding too but not as much as the first one but it is there. I went to Best buy yesterday to see their 65" display which was so washed out compared to all other tvs that you have to work very hard to make it that way. I saw vertical banding on their display model too and it was very bad.
It's been a week since i got my second 65" , the picture gets better and it is out of the world on the huge screen but the banding is evident in movies that have panning sky shots like in JAWS. I saw the latest bluray and the beach scenes were riddled with bands. It was disturbing!! I am thinking of going back to the 60" inch now but before I do that can anybody tell me if calibration removes banding. Somebody told me so but I was not sure because I thought it was a manufacturing defect. By the way when I asked a reliable Bestbuy rep which is the best led tv now he said he can't think of anything that will beat the es8000 desite its flaws. I agree with him. That's why I cant even think of buying anything else. Can anyone please advise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page