Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 395Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 5928 Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Member
 
bbydon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't think Apple will ever release a TV set. Tv's cost too much, have little profit, and the upgrade cycles for people are long. It will be hard to sell a billion devices. I want an apple TV set too.... but it will never happen. They key is the box and letting that box take over the control of the TV you already own. But i stray off topic.

Sony did a great job on the monolithic design... I am not sure why they strayed from it.
We also haven't seen this set in person, so it may be a different story when we see it.
bbydon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 5928 Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

I agree with you Steve. On the higher end model they have attached speakers. They should see if there is a way to attach a PB13 Ultra to the top of the HDTV then that way you will have your complete sound system attached to the flat panel. Then Sony could manufacture a HEAVYDUTY mount to hold the 500# TV up on the wall and that way they have you locked in to purchase their mount also smile.gif BTW didn't I just see you on another forum?....tongue.gif



You sure did! Blu-ray.com.........biggrin.gif
steve1971 is offline  
post #33 of 5928 Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Member
 
snacks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm also curious about the W900A .... Wish it came in 46" ... But I plan on either getting this one when the price drops or picking up a 850... Depending on how the prices swing & how long I'm willing to wait that is... But I was reading on something that seem to have reviewed the W900A already & after reading their review of it. For the ones that posted about it being better than the 850 in this forum... From what the reviewer says... He says the very same thing about it being better than the 850... Here is the review for anyone that wants to read it. They are calling it the W9.... Enjoy & good luck on whatever one set you decide on.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-w9-tv-first-look_TV_review
snacks2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 5928 Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Member
 
snacks2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 15
snacks2000 is offline  
post #35 of 5928 Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
malcolmp6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Has anyone confirmed whether this will have the matte screen or the glossy screen?
malcolmp6 is offline  
post #36 of 5928 Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maybe ⅓ of the way from here to there.
Posts: 10,026
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2313
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

which is sad because the monolithic design was beautiful and set their tvs apart from the competition.

As a general note, I am sick to death of companies stretching their little imaginations to the breaking point just so they can have something different and "set themselves apart from the competition". There have been plenty of chassis/stand/facing-glass/bezel/whathaveyou designs that work great and look even better, but they go out of their way to discard this and shoot themselves in the foot. I'm a little tired of seeing companies take major step backwards like Samsung did with two 2013 horror-shows that do not need naming.
CATYPH202 likes this.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #37 of 5928 Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmp6 View Post

Has anyone confirmed whether this will have the matte screen or the glossy screen?

Pics appear to show glossy.
Danediz is offline  
post #38 of 5928 Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Posts: 2,817
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

As a general note, I am sick to death of companies stretching their little imaginations to the breaking point just so they can have something different and "set themselves apart from the competition". There have been plenty of chassis/stand/facing-glass/bezel/whathaveyou designs that work great and look even better, but they go out of their way to discard this and shoot themselves in the foot. I'm a little tired of seeing companies take major step backwards like Samsung did with two 2013 horror-shows that do not need naming.[/quot


Ah............ok!!! rolleyes.gif
steve1971 is offline  
post #39 of 5928 Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
helvetica bold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
This model is at the top of my list. If the reviews are good I'll pull the trigger. I've waited 7 years to up grenade from my Sharp 37 D90U. Can't wait to see the reviews.

LG65C9 & E9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, Q Acoustics: 3010i & 3090Ci
helvetica bold is online now  
post #40 of 5928 Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
malcolmp6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Pics appear to show glossy.

Thanks! I will skip this one out. I returned a 850 for this one reason. 0 flashlighting, no issues. Paid $1600 for a like new used unit from Amazon. But the picture quality was not to my expectations. Off center viewing angle was poor. Looking to see what 2013 offers.
malcolmp6 is offline  
post #41 of 5928 Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fatuglyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: southern CA
Posts: 2,440
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmp6 View Post

Thanks! I will skip this one out. I returned a 850 for this one reason. 0 flashlighting, no issues. Paid $1600 for a like new used unit from Amazon. But the picture quality was not to my expectations. Off center viewing angle was poor. Looking to see what 2013 offers.

The viewing angle will probably be poor on the w900a as well, going by convention. LCDs by definition don't have great viewing angles, even the HX950 is pretty bad in this regard. I doubt sony is going to try to do anything when it comes to this.

The w802 series and below use passive 3D and come in 47 and 55" sizes, which likely indicates that they're using LG IPS panels in them. If you want good wide angle viewing then something with IPS would be preferable, but the trade-off is generally lower contrast, higher black levels, and a less successful ability to hide flaws in uniformity compared to the VA variant panels.

film Sony 65A1E|Sonus faber Liuto, Smart Center, Venere Wall|B&W DB4S|Sony ZA5000ES|UDP 205|UB820
2ch Sonus faber Toy|REL S/5|Sony TA-A1ES|Wadia 321|Sony SCD-777ES|Sony PS-HX500 + Schiit Mani|AQ Niagara 5000
desk Sonus faber Toy monitor|REL T-Zero|Rega Brio|AQ Dragonfly Cobalt/Victoria|Mac mini|AQ PowerQuest 3
living Sony 55X930E|Monitor Audio Silver RX1|Marantz NR1508|Panasonic UB900
fatuglyguy is offline  
post #42 of 5928 Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Browninggold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Depends on who's looking for me
Posts: 2,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Viewing Angles...when the wife and I looked @ the 950 in store I mentioned they were talking about viewing angles and we checked in the store. Looked pretty decent to our eyes. And now having it at home it really is a no problem IMO.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Browninggold is offline  
post #43 of 5928 Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 1,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmp6 View Post

Thanks! I will skip this one out. I returned a 850 for this one reason. 0 flashlighting, no issues. Paid $1600 for a like new used unit from Amazon. But the picture quality was not to my expectations. Off center viewing angle was poor. Looking to see what 2013 offers.

I own a HX850 and to me, this is one of the best LED/LCD out there regarding view angle. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But All LCD have view angle issue (it's part of their nature), even IPS panels that are better at this. The HX850, for a none IPS panel is doing really great in that regard. I've shopped for 3 years for LCD/LED and this one (I think it's the same panel that was used in Sony's HX929 of last year) does a really good job considering it's a VA panel.

As fatuglyguy, you might get a little better on an IPS panel (mostly LG and panasonic) but you will sacrifice blacks and contrast. To me, the HX850 was a great compromised. Great blacks and contrast, great view angle (for a LCD/LED).

I doubt anything will change regarding view angle this year as a LCD/LED remains the same tech.

If view angle is a major issue for you, you should consider going with a plasma which as zero view angle issue (but comes with it's own issues).

In the end, buying a TV means deciding with which flaw are you mostly confortable to live with.
Guibs is offline  
post #44 of 5928 Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

I own a HX850 and to me, this is one of the best LED/LCD out there regarding view angle. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But All LCD have view angle issue (it's part of their nature), even IPS panels that are better at this. The HX850, for a none IPS panel is doing really great in that regard. I've shopped for 3 years for LCD/LED and this one (I think it's the same panel that was used in Sony's HX929 of last year) does a really good job considering it's a VA panel.

As fatuglyguy, you might get a little better on an IPS panel (mostly LG and panasonic) but you will sacrifice blacks and contrast. To me, the HX850 was a great compromised. Great blacks and contrast, great view angle (for a LCD/LED).

I doubt anything will change regarding view angle this year as a LCD/LED remains the same tech.

If view angle is a major issue for you, you should consider going with a plasma which as zero view angle issue (but comes with it's own issues).

In the end, buying a TV means deciding with which flaw are you mostly confortable to live with.

Your lucky to have gotten an HX850. I wish they still sold them. The w900a will probably be great but no gorilla glass sucks!
Danediz is offline  
post #45 of 5928 Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 1,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Your lucky to have gotten an HX850. I wish they still sold them. The w900a will probably be great but no gorilla glass sucks!

The irony is that I could still go and buy one right now, they seem to be pretty available here in canada. I could walk in a store and buy one tonight with a few units in store. Even last week, I went to my local eletronic store (called futureshop), I took a peak at their warehouse and saw 5 55HX850 in box brand new.

As for the Gorrila glass, we still don't know for sure if they are still using one. It doesn't mean that if they abandonned the monolith style that there isn't a glass in front of the panel and that panel could very well be made by corning.

Anyway, Gorilla is all nice and help with big scratches but what are the chances that you will go and scratch your screen? Unless you like moving around your TV or have very young kids (I do), having a TV with a gorrila glass doesn't mean much. Regarding picture quality, it doesn't make your picture better looking than another type of glass.

Yes, after more than a month with my HX850 I think I'm happy with it but it wasn't like that from the go. I went through 5 different unit because of flashlighting in bottom corners. I settle for a unit with still flashlighting but had it less bad than the others. My TV is not perfect but I'm more and more getting used to it and kind of forget most of the time I have flashlighting. I'd even say that with time, possible as the panel get warmed up through my usage, that the flashlighting is improving (or actually, I should say becoming less and less visible while still being there). I can now raise my backlit to 3 or 4 without actually seeing it even on black bars. I've also added some biais lighting (you can see pics in the HX850 thread) which I think helps making the issue less visible.

No TV is perfect unfortunately. Manufacturer are more concerns with flashy marketing terms, slim design than actually quality.
Guibs is offline  
post #46 of 5928 Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
helvetica bold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1313
I called the Sony store in Manhatten (I work a mile away). They expect the new 900 in a few weeks.
The saleman said he was curious about the new TV as well, mentioning the edge lit or full array. He said the
ultra HD 55 inch should go for $5000. : O. He saw one and said it looked amazing. It shares most of the components with the 900. He also said they have 950s in a should continue to sell them after the 900s arrive.

LG65C9 & E9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, Q Acoustics: 3010i & 3090Ci
helvetica bold is online now  
post #47 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I hope they have it in the Sony store in Orlando when I'm in Florida in 2 weeks. I will be drooling hopefully.
Danediz is offline  
post #48 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
cmay91472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post

I called the Sony store in Manhatten (I work a mile away). They expect the new 900 in a few weeks.
The saleman said he was curious about the new TV as well, mentioning the edge lit or full array. He said the
ultra HD 55 inch should go for $5000. : O. He saw one and said it looked amazing. It shares most of the components with the 900. He also said they have 950s in a should continue to sell them after the 900s arrive.

So the W900a is going to cost $3000 and the 55x900v2 only $5000?

The W900a is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy overpriced if the 4K set in the same size is only $2000 more, let alone the full array local dimming 55HX950 being only $3200.

That price on the 55X900V2 does not seem possible.
cmay91472 is offline  
post #49 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I think the price on the w900a will fall quickly after release
Danediz is offline  
post #50 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
cmay91472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

I think the price on the w900a will fall quickly after release

Don't count on it. When have prices dropped quickly on any recent Sony set. HX950 still the same price as when it debuted.
cmay91472 is offline  
post #51 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Browninggold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Depends on who's looking for me
Posts: 2,359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Sony has UPP no way they will be dropping prices.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Browninggold is offline  
post #52 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The hx850 went from 2599 to 1798 at Black Friday... This is not going to be the hx950, it's another edge lit set... Can't be compared
Danediz is offline  
post #53 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Also if you have been following Sony tvs for any recent time you'll remember the Sony nx720 went from 3k all the way down to 1499...
CATYPH202 likes this.
Danediz is offline  
post #54 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
redshift1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Sony has UPP no way they will be dropping prices.


Still you see the occasional 950 selling for 15-18% below the 3200 threshold. Will be interesting to see what happens if the legitimate reviews are lukewarm followed by sluggish sales.
redshift1 is offline  
post #55 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
cmay91472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

The hx850 went from 2599 to 1798 at Black Friday... This is not going to be the hx950, it's another edge lit set... Can't be compared

Danediz, the HX850 was released in the Spring. When you said "will fall quickly after release" I didn't think you meant 9 months later. wink.gif

I'm sure once Sony announces their rumored replacement for the HX950 or at least the XBR line in the fall, the HX950 prices will finally come down as well.... but we aren't talking about Samsung here where they are literally slashing prices by almost 50%.
cmay91472 is offline  
post #56 of 5928 Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
cmay91472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post

Still you see the occasional 950 selling for 15-18% below the 3200 threshold. Will be interesting to see what happens if the legitimate reviews are lukewarm followed by sluggish sales.

You have to be quick though..... Amazon recently had both the 55 and 65 for $3000 and $5000 respectively since Sony online was running a promotion where you get 3D glasses enabling authorized retailers to temporarily drop the price instead of free glasses, but no sooner than a few days later did the price go back up to the $3200 and $5200 marks.
cmay91472 is offline  
post #57 of 5928 Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DoctorM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,194
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Other considerations: The 3d glasses will probably be disappointing. Most testing showed that the PS3 3D glasses were the best for Sony TV's at a fraction of the price... but I bet this TV gets BR750s bundled with it. Yet the price of the TV has been adjusted from the HX850 so we are paying for our 'free' 3D glasses that we'd do better selling on ebay.

Also... triliminous microdots. Sounds cool. Rec.2020 color, blah blah blah. Bottom line. Untested technology. These things may not calibrate well, have good long term lifespans of saturation or intensity and colors may fade at different rates (see also, early OLED displays).

Really, we know nothing and first gen of any technology always sucks to own.

Edit: What troubles me more is that the W900 is supposed to be a replacement for the HX850 and yet the pre-order price of the W900 is currently a couple hundred more than the HX950 of the same size.

Either they are going to have to knock the heck out of the price at launch or discontinue the 950 immediately (contrary to what they originally said).
DoctorM is online now  
post #58 of 5928 Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
cmay91472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

Other considerations: The 3d glasses will probably be disappointing. Most testing showed that the PS3 3D glasses were the best for Sony TV's at a fraction of the price... but I bet this TV gets BR750s bundled with it. Yet the price of the TV has been adjusted from the HX850 so we are paying for our 'free' 3D glasses that we'd do better selling on ebay.

Also... triliminous microdots. Sounds cool. Rec.2020 color, blah blah blah. Bottom line. Untested technology. These things may not calibrate well, have good long term lifespans of saturation or intensity and colors may fade at different rates (see also, early OLED displays).

Really, we know nothing and first gen of any technology always sucks to own.

Do we know if the active 3D will remain IR or has it been switched to RF?
cmay91472 is offline  
post #59 of 5928 Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Danediz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

Other considerations: The 3d glasses will probably be disappointing. Most testing showed that the PS3 3D glasses were the best for Sony TV's at a fraction of the price... but I bet this TV gets BR750s bundled with it. Yet the price of the TV has been adjusted from the HX850 so we are paying for our 'free' 3D glasses that we'd do better selling on ebay.

Also... triliminous microdots. Sounds cool. Rec.2020 color, blah blah blah. Bottom line. Untested technology. These things may not calibrate well, have good long term lifespans of saturation or intensity and colors may fade at different rates (see also, early OLED displays).

Really, we know nothing and first gen of any technology always sucks to own.

Edit: What troubles me more is that the W900 is supposed to be a replacement for the HX850 and yet the pre-order price of the W900 is currently a couple hundred more than the HX950 of the same size.

Either they are going to have to knock the heck out of the price at launch or discontinue the 950 immediately (contrary to what they originally said).

Agreed! If the w900a doesnt hit a home run and reviews are mediocre i will attempt to get a 950 if there are any left.
Danediz is offline  
post #60 of 5928 Old 03-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
cmay91472's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Agreed! If the w900a doesnt hit a home run and reviews are mediocre i will attempt to get a 950 if there are any left.

I see the pre-order price for the 55F8000 in the US is for around $2,700 on most sites taking preorders. With the W900A MSRP at $3000, it actually doesn't sound as bad as it initially seemed considering I expect it to be superior to the F8000. I know it is still alot of money, so I understand your desire to get an HX950 if the W900A doesn't hit a home run. I have a feeling it will be a really good TV as I think Sony is better at edge lit than Samsung at least with the 2012 models.
cmay91472 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off