Please Help! Cannot get ARC to work - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Recently purchase a KDL-65850a. I cannot get ARC to work. Below is what I have verified:
  • ARC is enabled on Yamaha rx-v667
  • Amazon HDMI cable that supports ARC. (I verified that the cable supports ARC by plugging it into my Yamaha v867 in another room with a Panason vt30. I even tried the cable from the Panasonic with the Sony without success.)
  • HDMI cable plugged into HDMI 1 on TV and HDMI output on receiver.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM

I googled your problem and found this:

Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier on and switches the sound output from the TV speaker to the audio system when you turn the TV on. This function is only available if you have previously used the AV amplifier to output TV sound.
Automatically switches the sound output to the AV amplifier by turning the AV amplifier on when the TV is turned on.
Automatically turns the connected AV amplifier off when you switch the TV to standby mode.
Adjusts the volume (VOL +/-) and mutes the sound (MUTING) of the connected AV amplifier through the TV’s remote control.

When connecting a digital audio system that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC) technology, connect to HDMI IN 1 with an HDMI cable. If connecting a system that is incompatible with “Control for HDMI” or Audio Return Channel, an additional audio connection via DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) is necessary.

That tells me ARC is HDMI1 and since your Yamaha is enabled I too am confused why this is not working...maybe you need to connect with a Digital audio out cable which is crazy...
post #3 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I'd rather not have to use optical. Not a huge deal, but just bothersome that it is not working as advertised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Hi twadem, didn't see you mention having HDMI Control enabled on the Sony Tv. Believe Sony HDMI Control is call Bravia or Bravia Sync. Enable this feature and then power cycle off and on the receiver and Tv.

Also check Tv has the latest firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page