Sony 2014 W600B,W800B,W850B - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 191Likes

post #1351 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris7277 View Post
The switch to external speakers is happening because you have an HDMI cable going from the ARC (audio return channel) to your sound bar. Not exactly sure what else you have connected but that will happen anytime you have it hooked up like that.

Your screen uniformity is a common issue with LCD televisions. Some are worse than others. People have used a method where you "massage" your screen with a cloth and it "might" help. Look up threads on how to do it. ISF calibrations are well worth it if they know what they're doing. But yes, they normally turn off most advanced/processing settings to give it as close to a natural look.
So if I don't go through ARC It wont do the black screen switching? What do I loose when going through non ARC HDMI? My receiver setup never did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 06:31 PM

Location: The Outer Limits....Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
I've been using bias lighting for years...not only for the image perception, but mainly for eye strain.

Ever wonder why people fall asleep watching movies in a completely dark room? Your eyes are getting a work out with all the light and dark images. With light behind the set, your eyes will stay focused on the ambient light and not on the screen images.

Try it...you will enjoy movies so much better!
I agree I use Bias lighting at night and at sunset . I 'm using ~5000K LED lights on light colored walls it works well for me although a 6500K would probably be fine they aren't that far apart especially w/ beige wall it's not nearly as bright as the TV I prefer that set up here to colored lights I find those distracting myself even though lots of folks like them YMMV.
If you look back in this thread I was the one that brought up the subject of bias lighting a few times and again recently a page or 2 back you're preaching to the quire here brother ☺☺☺

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-21-2014 at 06:40 PM.
post #1353 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Mine goes up to 30 also I have it set at 14
Well that just proves why you cannot use other people settings! Mine is 0 to 100 on a brand new updated 55w800b.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1354 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 15
OK, this TV just blew my mind tonight.

There I was watching a YouTube video on my Galaxy Tab S, when I get a notification telling me that I can watch this video on my TV...I click an icon within the YouTube app and I see the TV model number available to stream to..

I go to the TV which was on channel 7 and then press play on the YouTube app. Automatically, the YouTube app launches on the TV and I, able to watch and control the video. When I finish, the TV automatically resumes channel 7. Wow.

post #1355 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
Well that just proves why you cannot use other people settings! Mine is 0 to 100 on a brand new updated 55w800b.
That's a fact not to mention most other TV's prefer zero sharpness. I've explained a couple of ways to set it correctly
with or without a pattern several times since this thread started. Like you say other peoples settings aren't the greatest thing . I probably should have remarked ny set is not a W600B/W800B and would ofc be different .

edit : My Sony is not a W600B/W800 or W850B or W630B or W700B or 2014 R3/R4 so ofc YMMV and so would everybody else with different sets . My real TV is a Samsung plasma although the W800/W850B are real decent nothing wrong with those .

I explained how to set sharpness a few pages back for those that may not know the best way is usually a test a pattern other than that max it out and back it down till edge until edge enhancements just disappear and edges are still smooth .

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-21-2014 at 07:10 PM.
post #1356 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by interfreak View Post
OK, this TV just blew my mind tonight.

There I was watching a YouTube video on my Galaxy Tab S, when I get a notification telling me that I can watch this video on my TV...I click an icon within the YouTube app and I see the TV model number available to stream to..

I go to the TV which was on channel 7 and then press play on the YouTube app. Automatically, the YouTube app launches on the TV and I, able to watch and control the video. When I finish, the TV automatically resumes channel 7. Wow.

Right?!?!?
The coolest thing was after I figured out the ARC. I don't have to switch inputs on my receiver or my tv. When I select the YouTube stream to my tv, it switches everything so the sound plays out of my receiver (no matter what I'm doing) then when I disconnect the app it switches everything back to what I was doing. Pretty cool party feature. Everyone seems to be streaming something on YouTube and wanting to show everyone from their phone...now they just select my tv
post #1357 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Right?!?!?
The coolest thing was after I figured out the ARC. I don't have to switch inputs on my receiver or my tv. When I select the YouTube stream to my tv, it switches everything so the sound plays out of my receiver (no matter what I'm doing) then when I disconnect the app it switches everything back to what I was doing. Pretty cool party feature. Everyone seems to be streaming something on YouTube and wanting to show everyone from their phone...now they just select my tv
That's why they call it a smart TV some of the newer Sony's watch you and turn off when you leave the room for a few minutes and don't come back on till you come back in a certain time interval or turn it back on . ofc it probably phones home and tells PSN ,your apps and or Google and or NSA what UR watching Sony is pretty good about convenience features when they want to be☺☺☺

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-21-2014 at 07:21 PM.
post #1358 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Why do some suggest having the Sharpness at 0 or MIN?

And why is it bad to have a ceiling light as a light source at night?

Last edited by mefan101; 10-21-2014 at 09:49 PM.
post #1359 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 PM
ADU
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefan101 View Post
Some folks are purists, and believe that any artificially-added sharpness is destructive to the real detail in an video image. I'm a bit more open-minded on the subject though, because most of these panels use something called "subpixel addressing", which involves some scaling/resampling of the image on a subpixel level, which will tend to soften the picture a little bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpixel_rendering

Quote:
I've always found overhead lighting more stressful on my eyes at night. So I'd suggest putting a lamp on either side of the TV instead, preferably with dark or opaque shades. Or maybe using some kind of floor lighting, fwiw.

ADU
post #1360 of 2630 Old 10-21-2014, 10:30 PM
ADU
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Quote:
Standard has brightness problems on my TV. The brightness changes from light to dark and vise versa, and all the Eco Settings are off. It even happens when the advanced settings are off.
Fair enough. I've DL'd the manual for your TV, and will see if I can find an ambient/room light control anywhere that could be disabled. So far though, it looks like the Picture and Eco settings are all identical to the 40R380B, and I did not notice any brightness fluctuations on that TV in Standard Picture Mode, except when using the Adv. Contrast Enhancer (which I simply turned OFF). The 48R470B could work differently though.

If you're going to use the Standard Picture Mode for most of your viewing btw, then you should change Options/Scene Select from Auto to General, to keep the TV from automatically switching to another Scene mode.

Should have a few more thoughts on all this tomorrow (hopefully).

ADU

Last edited by ADU; 10-21-2014 at 10:34 PM.
post #1361 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 02:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:

The answer you got from ADU was not correct for the question you asked. Many tvs will only add sharpness so 0 is unprocessed. If you have a good source like blu Ray that is best. Other tvs can add or remove sharpness, like my Sony. On my 800w anything other than 50 is additional image processing I don't want or need for my blu Ray and OTA HDTV.
post #1362 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 75
thanks everyone for the info and your replies

I'm still changing the settings on the fly like some of you.

Last night I played with the TV a little more. I still see from time to time a tiny 'wave' bending at the far side when watching from 45% (and sharper) angle. (it is only one side only). I tried to draw a picture (LOL) to show my corner room TV setup. I'm sure you will understand why viewing angles are important to me. The yellow area is the only area where I can see tiny 'wave' banding. When PC gaming I like to go on the rag in the middle of the room.

I still have another week to decide if I keep the TV or not. I'm leaning toward keeping it.

Yesterday I was Wowed by "Bears" 1080P Disney documentary, the PQ was just excellent... It will be probably my demo to show what this TV can do. Also I really liked how 120Hz helps my 1080P 30FPS videos from p&s camera ... no more flickering.. Smooth was best, but it struggled with fast action, I guess standard was best of all. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv-room.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	324522  

Last edited by clark17; 10-22-2014 at 07:34 AM.
post #1363 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry but does Sony w800 really have A-MVA 5 panel?
According to this review http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/sony/w800b

Looks like S-PVA to me..
post #1364 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
As was mentioned earlier some sets are 0 sharpness at 0 and can only add sharpness Sonys have more range of sharpness and can add and subtract sharpness above and below 0 on other sets .Sonys work best with some sharpness added above zero.

Quote:
Again, Here is an AVS forum post from G. Alan Brown, President of CinemaQuest, Inc. about Bias lighting .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...-practice.html
post #1365 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 09:21 AM

You can Calibrate your TV using either Custom or Cinema, right? I doesn't matter which one to use for Calibration? I'm asking because I used Custom when I Calibrated my TV, on the day I bought my TV. During that time, I didn't even know about the Scene Select feature.
post #1366 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I purchased a 55W800B yesterday at Best Buy for $1,097. It will be delivered next Tuesday. I will have some more to say later but I am only on page 14 of this thread.

One ? I would like to ask now of any current owner is the the height of the space from the cabinet that the TV sits on to the actual bottom of the picture. I'm sure my Energy center channel is too high(it's 5 1/2 " high) but I would like to know how much. These thin bezels are great, but not in this case.

I lied, One more? What is the width of the stand and also the measurement from front of front leg to back of back leg.

Last edited by tomnan24; 10-22-2014 at 10:20 AM.
post #1367 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
You can Calibrate your TV using either Custom or Cinema, right? I doesn't matter which one to use for Calibration? I'm asking because I used Custom when I Calibrated my TV, on the day I bought my TV. During that time, I didn't even know about the Scene Select feature.
You can calibrate/adjust settings or reset in any mode you like and each mode calibrated or adjusted will differ from one another on your set and most sets due to underlying CMS settings baked into that mode .

I have 3 modes (Game/Cinema/General each calibrated a little differently on mine resulting with Cinema mode most accurate to rec.709 color space with added brightness and changed to max back light and neut color temp from Sony pre set defaults.
Some TV's are able to result with accurate rec.709 color space calibration in general or custom modes mine would not YMMV.

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-22-2014 at 10:42 AM.
post #1368 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You can calibrate/adjust settings or reset in any mode you like and each mode calibrated or adjusted will differ from one another on your set and most sets due to underlying CMS settings baked into that mode .

I have 3 modes (Game/Cinema/General each calibrated a little differently on mine resulting with Cinema mode most accurate to rec.709 color space with added brightness and changed to max back light and neut color temp from Sony pre set defaults.
Some TV's are able to result with accurate rec.709 color space calibration in general or custom modes mine would not YMMV.
For some reason, Custom has deeper Blacks than Cinema, just by a very tiny bit....barely. But you say that Cinema is more Accurate? I no longer have my Disney WOW Blu Ray. Would I be able to use the Calibrated Settings on Custom for Cinema as well?
post #1369 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
For some reason, Custom has deeper Blacks than Cinema, just by a very tiny bit....barely. But you say that Cinema is more Accurate? I no longer have my Disney WOW Blu Ray. Would I be able to use the Calibrated Settings on Custom for Cinema as well?
Black level is set by brightness and can slightly be affected by gamma and is not set by picture mode unless picture modes are left at pre set default brightness levels that differ from one another in different modes .
Cinema may or may not be the most accurate on your specific Sony model .

If blues have a lavender tint (set pushing red (color temp to warm ) or incorrect Hue ) or greens don't look natural but a little neon or set is pushing red or reds have an orange or magenta tint or yellow has a green or orange tint or to much yellow highlighting in skin tones etc. all these things can indicate any one or all 4 of inaccurate picture/scene mode /color temp/ color sat. or Hue settings on Sony Bravia or any set without CMS settings .

5 TIPS FOR BETTER PICTURE QUALITY.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.ph...&id=1291368716

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-22-2014 at 09:08 PM.
post #1370 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Black level is set by brightness and can slightly be affected by gamma and is not set by picture mode unless picture modes are left at pre set default brightness levels that differ from one another in different modes .
Cinema may or may not be the most accurate on your specific Sony model .

If blues have a lavender tint (set pushing red (color temp to warm ) or incorrect Hue ) or greens don't look natural but a little neon or set is pushing red or reds have an orange or magenta tint or yellow has a green or orange tint or to much yellow highlighting in skin tones etc. all these things can indicate any one or all 4 of inaccurate picture/scene mode /color temp/ color sat. or Hue settings on Sony Bravia or any set without CMS settings .

5 TIPS FOR BETTER PICTURE QUALITY.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.ph...&id=1291368716
No I meant the black levels. Both the brightness on Custom and Cinema are the same level. When turning off all the advanced settings off on Cinema, and comparing it to Custom, the Contrast ration seems slightly different on Custom. For example, I would see video noise in a shadow on Cinema, but on Custom, the noise on that same shadow is gone.

Oh, and dead link.

I don't think Cinema is accurate either. I mean, at default, Cinema has almost all of the advanced settings one. Custom had everything off. When I first turned the TV on, the General settings were available by default.

What do you mean by Blues having a Lavender tint, or Yellows having a Green tint?

....Why do I get the feeling the Game is the most accurate of all the presets on my TV. The skin tones look much better on Game.

Last edited by mefan101; 10-22-2014 at 02:08 PM.
post #1371 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I am about to sell my 42" Vizio so I hooked it up to my Yamaha RX-A810 with dual HDMI outs. For the kicks of it, I put in Avatar 3D just to compare the 2. Hmmm....looks to me my Vizio has a more natural look to it. What do you guys think?

post #1372 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
I am about to sell my 42" Vizio so I hooked it up to my Yamaha RX-A810 with dual HDMI outs. For the kicks of it, I put in Avatar 3D just to compare the 2. Hmmm....looks to me my Vizio has a more natural look to it. What do you guys think?

you cannot compare that way, if both were calibrated they would both look identical. They will look difference because they aren't calibrated to a standard.
post #1373 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey all,
I also ordered a 55W800B this weekend for delivery Saturday> I've started reading through the posts and it sounds like a few people have some complaints about black uniformity on the set. Some of the reviews mention very good uniformity with minimal clouding and no flashlighting. How happy are W800B owners with the uniformity of this set? For background, I had a W900A earlier this year and flash lighting/clouding was the ONLY reason I returned it.
post #1374 of 2630 Old 10-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
No I meant the black levels. Both the brightness on Custom and Cinema are the same level. When turning off all the advanced settings off on Cinema, and comparing it to Custom, the Contrast ration seems slightly different on Custom. For example, I would see video noise in a shadow on Cinema, but on Custom, the noise on that same shadow is gone.
You might see Video noise on a more accurate thus more revealing picture mode .Without a reference Blu Ray movie with natural scenes and not CGI or excessive added added film tint it's pretty hard to judge picture quality .

Gaussian Noise ,mosquito noise and Mpeg artifacts are always present on HD lite in darker scenes and backgrounds ( Sat or cable TV ) OTA might be better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefan101
Oh, and dead link.
fixed it.

Quote:
I don't think Cinema is accurate either. I mean, at default, Cinema has almost all of the advanced settings one. Custom had everything off. When I first turned the TV on, the General settings were available by default.
Without a meter and PC calibration software it's impossible to tell what if any mode can be accurate on any TV it can vary by set model and panels used just put the set in the mode you prefer and adjust it how you like or have it calibrated and see how you like it or buy another TV you might like better maybe even a plasma maybe that set is not for you ? Maybe compare it with Sony 600B ,Panasonic XX ,Samsung ,Toshiba ,Vizio or something else in the stores and see what you like better or not.

Quote:
What do you mean by Blues having a Lavender tint, or Yellows having a Green tint?
Just what it says if you don't see that on your TV it's nothing to worry about.

Quote:
....Why do I get the feeling the Game is the most accurate of all the presets on my TV. The skin tones look much better on Game.
Whether it's more accurate or not in game mode (you can't know without a meter but only guess right or wrong) odds of being right 50% or less ☺ ) if you like it in game mode better just keep it there game looks decent on mine but doesn't measure accurate as cinema and loses some fine detail overall and is slightly oversaturated YMMV.

First tip of at least 5 at fixed link but what do they know?
Quote:
Switch to the Film or Movie picture preset
The Movie / Film picture preset is typically found in the image settings menu but some TVs also have a picture preset button on the remote control. The Movie / Film presets is often better because of more accurate color and gamma settings. Just by switching to this preset you can also greatly reduce the number of dynamic circuits as well as added artificial sharpness. The Movie / Film preset is optimized for dark rooms but you can just increase the setting called “brightness” or “backlight” in the menu to compensate.
Fixed link http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.ph...&id=1291368716
Giants lost second game bummer it looked great OTA on calibrated Cinema mode on my particular Sony lots of depth ,contrast and accurate color. ofc thats the wicked good Sammy panel like the W800B/W850B has .
ofc the 2013 40" R4 was $645.00 - $695.00 when it came out so maybe that's why the good panel .

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-22-2014 at 09:53 PM.
post #1375 of 2630 Old 10-23-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
You might see Video noise on a more accurate thus more revealing picture mode .Without a reference Blu Ray movie with natural scenes and not CGI or excessive added added film tint it's pretty hard to judge picture quality .

Gaussian Noise ,mosquito noise and Mpeg artifacts are always present on HD lite in darker scenes and backgrounds ( Sat or cable TV ) OTA might be better .

fixed it.

Without a meter and PC calibration software it's impossible to tell what if any mode can be accurate on any TV it can vary by set model and panels used just put the set in the mode you prefer and adjust it how you like or have it calibrated and see how you like it or buy another TV you might like better maybe even a plasma maybe that set is not for you ? Maybe compare it with Sony 600B ,Panasonic XX ,Samsung ,Toshiba ,Vizio or something else in the stores and see what you like better or not.

Just what it says if you don't see that on your TV it's nothing to worry about.

Whether it's more accurate or not in game mode (you can't know without a meter but only guess right or wrong) odds of being right 50% or less ☺ ) if you like it in game mode better just keep it there game looks decent on mine but doesn't measure accurate as cinema and loses some fine detail overall and is slightly oversaturated YMMV.

First tip of at least 5 at fixed link but what do they know?

Giants lost second game bummer it looked great OTA on calibrated Cinema mode on my particular Sony lots of depth ,contrast and accurate color. ofc thats the wicked good Sammy panel like the W800B/W850B has .
ofc the 2013 40" R4 was $645.00 - $695.00 when it came out so maybe that's why the good panel .
I'm not going to buy another TV! I'm just not entirely happy with the way Cinema and Custom looks on some images. And I don't like that it's such a hassle to get "accurate" picture.

I didn't buy the others because I didn't need a Smart TV. So this TV fit the bill. I am going to ask people now to not cause any regret on my part of any kind.

And forget Plasma! That is way I bought an LED! I don't like the risk of screen retention.
post #1376 of 2630 Old 10-23-2014, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ11 View Post
Hey all,
I also ordered a 55W800B this weekend for delivery Saturday> I've started reading through the posts and it sounds like a few people have some complaints about black uniformity on the set. Some of the reviews mention very good uniformity with minimal clouding and no flashlighting. How happy are W800B owners with the uniformity of this set? For background, I had a W900A earlier this year and flash lighting/clouding was the ONLY reason I returned it.
I just got my 55w800b on Tuesday and the uniformity was not very good. I had light bleed on all four corners and a blob of light off center to the left. I managed to get rid of the bleed buy taking fiber optic cloth and gently massaging the screen thus eliminating the blob and with very minimal bleed in the corners (barely noticeable even in a dark room). Otherwise the tv is excellent.
post #1377 of 2630 Old 10-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 75
@mefan101
Do not compare un- calibrated Tvs like this. I agree with Chris on this one. Our local Best Buy store has 2 Sammy TVs on display one calibrated and one un-calibrated, and too be honest with some much lighting in the store I much prefer un-calibrated model... LOL... It is more vivid and you cannot see imperfections until you dim lighting. It is like comparing plasma vs LED in the store....

Also just like you I'm going bananas with finding proper settings for this TV LOL..

@EJ11
My uniformity is very good, please see pictures I have posted in my previous posts.

BTW... Fifa 15 PC demo in 1080P looked very good on the unit... no blur nor input lag... Cannot wait for the weekend to play it with my boys...
post #1378 of 2630 Old 10-23-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ11 View Post
Hey all,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosse7dn View Post
I just got my 55w800b on Tuesday and the uniformity was not very good. I had light bleed on all four corners and a blob of light off center to the left. I managed to get rid of the bleed buy taking fiber optic cloth and gently massaging the screen thus eliminating the blob and with very minimal bleed in the corners (barely noticeable even in a dark room). Otherwise the tv is excellent.
It doesn't sound like my set is as bad as gosse7dn's. Before I begin, I will re-iterate what I said a few pages back -- when viewing normal programming, I don't notice any uniformity issues about 98% of the time. When I turn the TV on, black uniformity is amazing. After about 45 minutes, though, I get two faint blobs of clouding above the Sony logo at the bottom, and maybe a bit of faint clouding above the left blob. Also very minor flashlighting in the bottom corners. All of this is only noticeable when there is no other light source in the room, and the screen is all or almost totally black. (I tend to see it most often when I'm switching inputs, since the set goes to a black screen for about a second when doing this.) When I play solid full screen slides, the color slides are very uniform. The gray slides have virtually no dirty screen effect, and maybe I've noticed the faintest vertical banding just in a few spots. But none of this is noticeable in normal program content, both in bright or dark rooms.

I am super OCD, and if I knew I could do better I would probably get hung up on the clouding, but I've come to learn that no screen is perfect -- and because my problems are so minor, odds are that I would end up with a set that has even worse uniformity issues.
post #1379 of 2630 Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to buy another TV! I'm just not entirely happy with the way Cinema and Custom looks on some images. And I don't like that it's such a hassle to get "accurate" picture.

I didn't buy the others because I didn't need a Smart TV. So this TV fit the bill. I am going to ask people now to not cause any regret on my part of any kind.

And forget Plasma! That is way I bought an LED! I don't like the risk of screen retention.
Just run it in game it might be fine there ,if you like it that's the mode for you game isn't bad on my set either .some images look better than others no mater what mode they are in *some darker programs look better in game mode .
Thats why I have 3 modes each calibrated slightly different from one another.

No such thing as a perfect LCD or any TV if you want something close to perfect maybe a $26,000.00 Sony 25" Trimaster OLED broadcast monitor

Last edited by tubetwister; 10-23-2014 at 10:04 AM.
post #1380 of 2630 Old 10-23-2014, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Old Sony KDS-60A3000 bit the dust and decided to go with the KDL60W630B. I've been very happy with it so far. Haven't really had much time to fool with settings. The only thing I noticed was when watching "The Blacklist" the first scenes seemed jumpy. I went into setting and changed some of the advanced settings and that seems to clear up the issue. I can't remember exactly which setting I changed. Anyone else experience this issue. This is my first Flat Panel display.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page