Vizio M3D650SV not responding to remote, please help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-05-2014, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was watching TV and went to mute the volume and the TV did not respond. It did not respond to anything. I was using the DTV remote so I grabbed the factory remote and tried that. Still nothing. I put brand new batteries in the factory remote, still nothing. Won't turn off/on, no volume, can't bring up menu or change inputs, nothing. The IR sensor is in the bottom left corner of the TV and no it was not blocked. I have no idea what happened but the TV will not respond to any remote commands, even from the factory remote. The wheel on the side works to adjust volume or change inputs but I am unable to use any remotes. Any ideas?? I am completely frustrated here any help would be great!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 PM

Liked: 10

The exact same thing happened to me last night on the same model tv, which we've only had since 1/29/12.  I first noticed it when I went to turn the tv off for the night with the DISH remote and it wouldn't respond.  I kept trying, then tried with our Bose sound bar remote (which is also programmed to control it) as well as the actual Vizio tv remote.  None of which would work, not only to turn off the tv, but to control any other tv specific functions.  I finally had to turn it off manually. 

This morning I did some trouble shooting, to no avail (i.e., hard reset of the tv and the Vizio remote and I also did the infrared check on the remote where you aim it at the cell phone camera lens and press the power button in order to see if light shows up-if it does, then you know it's not the infrared in the remote itself that's the problem).  Since the manual control works and none of the remotes will get a response, it is most likely the IR receiver sensor in the tv itself.  I called Vizio, even though the tv is out of warranty, and they came to the same conclusion.  I was given a phone number of a company in my area to contact about fixing it.  They won't be in until tomorrow, so I'll be calling then to find out how much it's going to cost.  I can't believe that a tv that's barely 2 yrs old would have such a problem!  We've also been getting red vertical lines on the screen when we first turn it on, which eventually go away after the tv warms up.  The problem is that the lines are starting to multiply and the time it takes for them to dissipate is taking longer.  I doubt we will ever buy another Vizio after experiencing these issues.  We already had to have an HDMI port replaced, thankfully within the warranty period.  If you are able to find any helpful information on this matter we're experiencing, please share.

Thanks!  

post #3 of 3 Old 10-26-2019, 07:27 AM

Liked: 0
Yep.
My IR sensor finally died also.
I guess I'm lucky compared to the rest.
Maybe they don't even have this TV anymore lol.

Ordered the replacement part and saw the youtubes so will be fixing it when it comes in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 65 Inch Led 3d Hdtv M3d650sv , Vizio M3d650sv 65 Inch Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page