Samsung UN46F6400 or Insignia NS-46D40SNA14 + ROKU3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-22-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Am about to buy a 46 inch set for the bedroom which has a 42.125 inch MAX width tolerance. Long story that i'll spare but first this is not exactly a critcal TV in terms of how great the PQ is.. is MOSTLY for my other half who is very PQ tolerant.

Option 1 is the Insignia + ROKU3.. we already own 1 ROKU 3 and like it. The Insignia PQ is a step up from our current 42 inch Toshiba that will be transitioned to an exercise room. Total cost here is about $550. I have nothing against this option and it is very cost effective.

Option 2 is $899 or roughly $349 extra. Best Buy did not have 1 set up to see how well the smart apps worked and same for the remote. PQ in store seemed better than the Insignia though I daresay it is nigh on impossible to compare anything in a store where all TVs are connected via coax. I did like idea of not having another device connected and kind of think for once it might be nice to splurge alittle for her although who knows if she would notice the difference.

Question though is how well does the Samsung Smarthub work compared to the Roku? I would hate paying that much extra for poorer performance. I don't care about the social media stuff or skype or even web surfing. Cost wise am sure the Insignia option make smore sense. TV fits the cabinet and at its current price if it dies in 3 years we buy another dumb set. If Roke 4 comes out and is tons better we can easily upgrade.

But if the Sammy PQ is better and if the smarthub works very well for movie content I may go in that direction. Thx

PS Not really interested in other Sammy options.. was going to consider a 5300 but they are mostly sold out and only ones around locally are $680 and just not worth the added price.. The 46 inch 5500 is $750 . All that said the not smart 6030 is at $599 so perhaps the question should be added how does it compare to the Insignia? It may be a suitable option after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis37 View Post

Am about to buy a 46 inch set for the bedroom which has a 42.125 inch MAX width tolerance. Long story that i'll spare but first this is not exactly a critcal TV in terms of how great the PQ is.. is MOSTLY for my other half who is very PQ tolerant.

Option 1 is the Insignia + ROKU3.. we already own 1 ROKU 3 and like it. The Insignia PQ is a step up from our current 42 inch Toshiba that will be transitioned to an exercise room. Total cost here is about $550. I have nothing against this option and it is very cost effective.

Option 2 is $899 or roughly $349 extra. Best Buy did not have 1 set up to see how well the smart apps worked and same for the remote. PQ in store seemed better than the Insignia though I daresay it is nigh on impossible to compare anything in a store where all TVs are connected via coax. I did like idea of not having another device connected and kind of think for once it might be nice to splurge alittle for her although who knows if she would notice the difference.

Question though is how well does the Samsung Smarthub work compared to the Roku? I would hate paying that much extra for poorer performance. I don't care about the social media stuff or skype or even web surfing. Cost wise am sure the Insignia option make smore sense. TV fits the cabinet and at its current price if it dies in 3 years we buy another dumb set. If Roke 4 comes out and is tons better we can easily upgrade.

But if the Sammy PQ is better and if the smarthub works very well for movie content I may go in that direction. Thx

PS Not really interested in other Sammy options.. was going to consider a 5300 but they are mostly sold out and only ones around locally are $680 and just not worth the added price.. The 46 inch 5500 is $750 . All that said the not smart 6030 is at $599 so perhaps the question should be added how does it compare to the Insignia? It may be a suitable option after all.

Maybe try the F6300. I purchased mine at HHGregg for $660.00 back in August 2013 in a 46 inch. Same as the F6400 without 3D and a few minor PQ tweaks. PQ is very good and the Smart Hub works flawleslly, with the exception of the current Firmware related Netflix ARC issue. Also, Micro Center is closing them out right now, might check them out. The store here was selling the 55 inch models for 849 and the 50 inch for 749.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Roku 3 Streaming Player With Motion Remote , Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page