OFFICIAL Samsung 4k HU8550 and HU9000 thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4971Likes

post #31 of 22329 Old 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6311 View Post

Or low level of his answers! 
HE copies  things that he finds in Google !
Or maybe he  has several names ( martinuz )
fafrd has been helpful and nice on this forum, I don't know him personally but to me your questions are not clear at all and like Martinuz says it looks Google translated which is fine but may not come across clear to English, but your further posts translation or not are very aggressive and verbally assault another respectable member on these forums, perhaps you might wish to cool down and try to be more constructive you might find the help your looking for smile.gif
fafrd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 22329 Old 03-19-2014, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It looks like these TVs will be dropping on April 6. I hope the stores get them in soon after so we can see them! I'm anxious to see both models and make a final decision as to whether I'll be getting one of the new models or the F9000.

Samsung KN55S9C OLED TV, Onkyo HT-S770 home theater system, and Samsung BD-F5900 3D Blu-ray player
LG 55EC9300 OLED TV and LG NB5541 Sound Bar
LG EL9500 OLED TV
Sony XEL-1 OLED TV (x2)
Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV and Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player
post #33 of 22329 Old 03-21-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue65hu8500_TV_specs

Samsung UE65HU8500 review

Our Score

10/10

10/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 22329 Old 03-21-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
  • Quote:
    • Covfam
    • but to me your questions are not clear 
    •  

Not sure about the questions Do not answer !

and stop  tell stories

post #35 of 22329 Old 03-21-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:

•  

Not sure about the questions Do not answer !

and stop  tell stories

I'm sorry that kind feedback elicited such aggression, hopefully in the future the help of others wont cause you such distress.

post #36 of 22329 Old 03-21-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreaky_d View Post

It looks like these TVs will be dropping on April 6. I hope the stores get them in soon after so we can see them! I'm anxious to see both models and make a final decision as to whether I'll be getting one of the new models or the F9000.

Yes im looking forward to seeing them as i like the f9000 alot but curious how well this stands up to it.

post #37 of 22329 Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I think it was avforums.com that just also reviewed the curved version and apparently Samsung learned nothing!!! The input lag is worse this year than last year. What the hell?
post #38 of 22329 Old 03-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz5000 View Post

I think it was avforums.com that just also reviewed the curved version and apparently Samsung learned nothing!!! The input lag is worse this year than last year. What the hell?

Yeah, I read that they tested the input lag at just over 60ms in game mode...not an expert on lag, but I think I read that this would equate to around 4 frames of lag, which a lot of twitch-based shooter gamers say would be too much...not sure if I would notice this amount of lag or not...I'm gaming on either an XBR2 or a B8000 ( both of which are older sets) , so I'll have to check and see what those were listed at input lag-wise and compare...

Other than that one thing, the new 9000-series appears to be my perfect 4K TV. I spent all of last year debating with myself about whether to pull the trigger on an X900A or an F9000 - both of which had things I loved and things that I preferred from the other model...after doing a bunch of research and now reading the first review or two, the input lag on the new 9000 is really the only thing that might keep me from heading to Best Buy on April 6th to place an order...hopefully someone either ends up finding a way (via settings) to further lower this number or a firmware update in the future allows this to be reduced...although, in my case, if I find that my two current gaming TVs are running around the same or higher, than I'm obviously oblivious to this amount of lag and will gladly go ahead and make a purchase! Fingers crossed!!!
post #39 of 22329 Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue65hu8500_TV_specs

Samsung UE65HU8500 review

Our Score

10/10

10/10

Their scoring method is flawed. How can you have an 8 and a 9 in certain categories and still give it a 10/10. Weird.
post #40 of 22329 Old 03-22-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyday2 View Post

Yeah, I read that they tested the input lag at just over 60ms in game mode...not an expert on lag, but I think I read that this would equate to around 4 frames of lag, which a lot of twitch-based shooter gamers say would be too much...not sure if I would notice this amount of lag or not...I'm gaming on either an XBR2 or a B8000 ( both of which are older sets) , so I'll have to check and see what those were listed at input lag-wise and compare...

Other than that one thing, the new 9000-series appears to be my perfect 4K TV. I spent all of last year debating with myself about whether to pull the trigger on an X900A or an F9000 - both of which had things I loved and things that I preferred from the other model...after doing a bunch of research and now reading the first review or two, the input lag on the new 9000 is really the only thing that might keep me from heading to Best Buy on April 6th to place an order...hopefully someone either ends up finding a way (via settings) to further lower this number or a firmware update in the future allows this to be reduced...although, in my case, if I find that my two current gaming TVs are running around the same or higher, than I'm obviously oblivious to this amount of lag and will gladly go ahead and make a purchase! Fingers crossed!!!

FYI, the 9000's will be at Best Buy the week before that...
Joneszilla likes this.

Former cog in the giant wheel of the TV/CE industry.
post #41 of 22329 Old 03-22-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:

I am in the same boat. I play a lot of COD and games on PS4 and Xbone. I can't justify spending a good chunk of money on a tv that is horrible for gaming. I am a pretty loyal Samsung customer because of the picture quality, but with Sony and possibly the new, better priced Vizio P series coming out with maybe better game modes, it will be tough for me to choose the Sammy if they don't fix it. I also don't know about the curve. I don't see the benefit if the screen isn't at least 80". I hope they come out soon so I can have them test the Game mode in store.
post #42 of 22329 Old 03-22-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

That sounds good. Where did you see that info?
post #43 of 22329 Old 03-22-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:

Do not count on any firmware updates "fixing" the problem. People in the f8000 thread has swore that they noticed lower input lag with increased firmware updates. I tested an f8000 with my LB input lag tester and the input lag had in fact not changed at all. What is happening though, is that you will get used to it over time. Still not optimal for on-line FPS. To me it is absolutely ridiculous. It makes me feel like Samsung does not read or care about the posts on these forums.
post #44 of 22329 Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevername View Post

I'm in the same situation, deciding whether to wait for the 8550 or a price drop on the F9000, but any price drop with the 9000 will have to be more than enough to offset the cost of the One Connect Box to make it worth it.

Me too. Although price drop is not even necessarily the issue. I don't want curved. So the real question is, what (if any) is the difference in picture quality between the F9000 and the HU8550?

Does anybody have real specs (or better yet, real experience) to answer this question?

Of course the follow up would be, will the evolution kit for 2014 DEFINITELY be available soon?

Thanks
post #45 of 22329 Old 03-23-2014, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have interest on UN65HU9000F, waiting for reviews before to jump in.

Shipping start in April 7.

Price was cheaper as you can see here:
http://randomimagecollection.blogspot.com/2014/03/samsung-2014-4k-uhd-led-tv-un65hu9000f.html

[]s,
Fernando
post #46 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks for mentioning that. I wasn't sure when I might actually be able to see one of these in person. Hopefully I'll be able to longingly stare at one within the next week or so then!
post #47 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I couldn't find the review at AVS, how about a link.
post #48 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

http://randomimagecollection.blogspot.com/2014/03/samsung-2014-4k-uhd-led-tv-un65hu9000f.html

Again, these will be at Best Buy the week before that.

post #49 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I'm ready to see curved. I hope they have the 78" that's where I'm at.
post #50 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatti-man View Post

Hello from France, smile.gif

it seems that the 78" U9000 (equal reference is U8500 in Europe) will not be available in "May 2014" as Samsung said it before, but Samsung says now "later this year"... mad.gif

Do you have a confirmation of this new delay (only for the 78" size) ? confused.gif

( For example it's was this new delay quoted during Samsung's Guggenheim Museum Press Conference last week in New York).

And I have also the only concern about this TV about its too high input lag...
The other specs and tested results put this TV my real choice to buy it to watch on it the World Soccer Cup in june..
Too bad if this model is delayed...
wink.gif
post #51 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatti-man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DplanetHD View Post

Hello from France, smile.gif

it seems that the 78" U9000 (equal reference is U8500 in Europe) will not be available in "May 2014" as Samsung said it before, but Samsung says now "later this year"... mad.gif

Do you have a confirmation of this new delay (only for the 78" size) ? confused.gif

( For example it's was this new delay quoted during Samsung's Guggenheim Museum Press Conference last week in New York).

And I have also the only concern about this TV about its too high input lag...
The other specs and tested results put this TV my real choice to buy it to watch on it the World Soccer Cup in june..
Too bad if this model is delayed...
wink.gif

The 78" has always been planned for late May/early June. I wasn't aware of any new delays, but am not surprised to hear it. When launch dates are 2+months in the future changes are almost inevitable.

post #52 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

This is good to know. I will be stalking the local Best Buy next week for sure.
post #53 of 22329 Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM

Here's one of the reviews. May have already been posted but says the same bull crap about the input lag.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue65hu8500_TV_review#cbs51eev1vlv71c7.03
post #54 of 22329 Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Here's one of the reviews. May have already been posted but says the same bull crap about the input lag.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-ue65hu8500_TV_review#cbs51eev1vlv71c7.03

Yep, that one is posted a bit up North of here.
post #55 of 22329 Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 288

It appears that there will be a 60 inch available in May with an MSRP of around $3.5k... does this seem accurate?  I was a little worried that there wouldn't be a 60 inch available as I cannot upgrade my TV and my entertainment center at the same time :)

post #56 of 22329 Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

I wonder why that price is not showing up on Samsung website.
post #57 of 22329 Old 03-27-2014, 06:19 PM

Anyone come across any other reviews of either model? Particularly interested in the HU8550, and how much the picture quality differs from the HU9000.
post #58 of 22329 Old 03-27-2014, 06:37 PM

So far, I've only found two reviews on the new 9000...nothing on the 8550 as of yet, although I'm curious about the differences as well.

I know on paper there are several differences between the two sets - but I am curious how much of a difference the reviewers think the upgrades in the 9000 vs. the 8550 really make. I'm also curious to see specifically how the 8550 reviews against the 2013 F9000.
post #59 of 22329 Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me too.

And also compared with the UF9000 of 2013.

Anyone?
post #60 of 22329 Old 03-27-2014, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

Page 1 of the gamer handbook states when shopping for a television, never consider a Samsung flagship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
samsung u8550 , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , un55hu9000 , un65hu9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page