OFFICIAL Samsung 4k HU8550 and HU9000 thread - Page 744 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4970Likes

post #22291 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Looks like the T-Con board needs to be replaced. Only 3 boards in that TV Mother Board, Power, and TCon
Thanks! That's what I thought it was. The board isn't too expensive either. I believe it's $75 online. I'll have to open it up, and check out it out. Thanks again.
doctorwizz and pilotart like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22292 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
@Tree06 , don't know why firmware wouldn't update, but wouldn't worry about it.

Seems update is mostly to enhance advertising delivery. On my HU-8550 it brought a much inferior 'Tizen' looking interface and wish I could undo that update, not possible in a Samsung. ....

My JS-9000 has never been connected online (or updated). I recently bought a Sony 800m2 Blue-Ray and since my firmware was probably pre-HDR, I did a USB firmware flash and saw no visible change, but some of the menu presentation pages were improved.

From your photos, it appears that you may have the pre-Tizen interface (start-up has a list of apps in smaller icons across lower edge and Tizen just has four or five larger icons) and I'd leave it alone. Their new Tizen OS came with the JS series and for the HU series after they had the Evolution SEK-3500 kit (basically converting them into JS) installed.

@Musician here is Resident Expert on both the HU-9000 and SEK-3500 and I'm sure could help on possible firmware updating recommendation. The SEK-3500's are not available except at ridiculous prices; used on eBay.
Art
Got it. I read online that it helped with the image quality, but I'll just leave the firmware were it is. The previous owner never updated the TV so it's on firmware 1004. If I can fix this TV, I'll connect my Apple TV 4K to it. The built in apps are cool, but they're probably no longer supported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Although I may know my way around the HU series and the SEK-3500, the one thing I have never had to do is update my firmware using USB. The Menu >> Support >> Software Update >> Update Now has always eventually worked for me but sometimes we all didn’t receive the update at the same time.

Here is a link to the firmware and manuals for the HU9000 (assuming he is in North America)...

Note: Firmware versions vary by country so make sure to download from the appropriate website

@Tree06 should make sure to pull down all the manuals including the that will walk him through the steps to install via USB since it’s not as simple as just downloading the file to a PC and copying it to a stick as it needs to be extracted as shown in Step 1 (see thumbnail 1 below).

If the TV ‘sees’ a USB stick it will provide him with the option to search the connected USB device for update files (see thumbnail 2). If it then finds a compatible set of files it will provide the option to update but if it doesn’t find an update he will see a message telling him so (see thumbnail 3).

If it just isn’t working at all (e.g. not asking to update from the USB), I suspect he has a bad USB stick or hasn’t extracted the files correctly.

I seem to recall the USB stick must be formatted as FAT32 as discussed in
and other posts on this thread that he can find using the Search this Thread option and searching for “FAT32”.

Hope that helps.
I tried all of those steps. I even spoke with Samsung last night, and they linked that same page to me. Both flash drives were formatted to FAT 32. One weird thing about the update happens when you unzip the files. You unzip a text file, and the update image file. I had to make a new folder and name it the name of the update. As mentioned earlier, I'll just leave the firmware where it is since I'll connect my Apple TV 4K to it.

Thanks for all of the help! I appreciate it.
post #22293 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree06 View Post
Thanks! That's what I thought it was. The board isn't too expensive either. I believe it's $75 online. I'll have to open it up, and check out it out. Thanks again.
Do it! Cake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22294 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Do it! Cake!
If it works, it'll be an insane deal at $75. The couple just gave it away. Luckily it was slow at work, and I saw the post right away. There were probably close to 15 people inquiring about it on Facebook.
post #22295 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Good morning! New member here, and I'm not sure if anyone will see this. I recently picked up a UN55HU9000 series Samsung from Facebook Marketplace. The couple wanted to get rid of it because there were blue pixel lines on the TV, and they didn't want to repair it. They disconnected the TV earlier in the day, and I couldn't see the blue pixel lines before I took it home. I linked an imgur album below so you can see the issue. Some images are duplicated while others are not. I'm not able to view content, but some static images are just fine. In one of the photos, I'm streaming music from my My Cloud Drive, and the picture is completely fine. You can't even see the blue pixel lines. It won't be my main TV, but I wanted to see what your thoughts are. Also, I can't update the firmware either. I tried wireless, wired, USB, and different USB drives. None of them work. The current version is 1004, and the latest update is 1400. I would like to know if this TV is worth repairing. If not, I'll just set it up in basement for streaming music when I work out. Thanks for all of your help. I can provide more pictures if needed. Don't mind the mess in the background. My fiance and I are in the middle of moving.
Agree with the other guy; probably your T-Con board. I tried to dig up the video I used as a reference when I replaced mine. Not sure if this is the same video but it's definitely the same YouTube channel.

Looks like shopjimmy.com is out of stock for your board. I don't have any tips for buying the right part from eBay but I seem to remember it being more complicated than just searching for a part number. I found a board that came from the same tv as mine, with the same panel. Thankfully it worked beautifully and was super easy to do.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
pilotart, Musician and Tree06 like this.
post #22296 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 2686 Post(s)
Liked: 5481
Quote:
I tried all of those steps. I even spoke with Samsung last night, and they linked that same page to me. Both flash drives were formatted to FAT 32. One weird thing about the update happens when you unzip the files. You unzip a text file, and the update image file. I had to make a new folder and name it the name of the update.

Thanks for all of the help! I appreciate it.
Just for kicks, I went through the download and extraction process and you shouldn't have to make a new folder and name it T-GFP9AKUC. That should happen automatically during the extraction process. To recap, with pictures...

1. Visit download site and download file

2. Drag and Drop ZIP file to USB stick (in my case the F:\ drive)

3a Select the ZIP file on the USB stick and right click and select Extract All.

3b During the Extraction Process it will automatically create the T-GFP9AKUC folder and copy the image folder and the info.txt file into it so you will end up with both the ZIP file and a directory with the same name as shown in the final two thumbnails below.

4. You can now move the USB stick from the PC to the One Connect Box and select the Menu >> Support >> Software Update >> Update Now option to update the firmware.

Not sure why you would have had to create your own directory because even if I skipped Step 2 and extracted the files on my PC's desktop it still created the T-GFP9AKUC folder and placed the image folder and the info.txt file into it which could then be dragged and dropped onto the USB stick before proceeding to step 4.

If this still doesn't work then you might want to try the other USB ports on the One Connect Box if you haven't tried that already. Or maybe it's just a case of the Samsung Gremlins® that has caused your TV to stop wanting to do firmware updates since it has been a long, long time since 1004 was issued (2014).

In addition to 1400.1 issued in 2018, I see that on the link I provided above they also have an older version of the firmware 1360.2 you might want to try if you haven't already which they may have kept available on their site as a stepping stone in order to upgrade to the latest version.

As for calling Samsung for help, knowing just how many calls they receive per day regarding their brand, most of them probably own Sony TVs.

Regarding the Apple TV 4K you plan on using (or any device playing 4K protected content for the matter). When you connect it to the One Connect Box make sure you connect it to the HDMI port labelled MHL as this is the only port that supports 4K HDCP 2.2 copy protection on the HU series unless you upgrade to the SEK-3500 which is prohibitively expensive now... otherwise 4K copy protected content (e.g. Netflix; iTunes) will be downgraded to 1080p.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1. Download Site.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	510.4 KB
ID:	2664566   Click image for larger version

Name:	2. Drag and Drop ZIP to USB.JPG
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	2664568   Click image for larger version

Name:	3a. Extract All.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	2664570   Click image for larger version

Name:	3b. Extraction Process.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	2664582   Click image for larger version

Name:	4. Move USB device to One Connect Box.JPG
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	2664584  

Samsung UN78HU9000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UN40HU7000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Apple TV 4K
Arris VIP5662W UHD Whole Home DVR; Chromecast Ultra
Marantz SR7005 Receiver; Magnepan Speakers; Martin Logan Subwoofer

Last edited by Musician; 01-04-2020 at 08:40 PM.
post #22297 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotShorty View Post
Agree with the other guy; probably your T-Con board. I tried to dig up the video I used as a reference when I replaced mine. Not sure if this is the same video but it's definitely the same YouTube channel.

Looks like shopjimmy.com is out of stock for your board. I don't have any tips for buying the right part from eBay but I seem to remember it being more complicated than just searching for a part number. I found a board that came from the same tv as mine, with the same panel. Thankfully it worked beautifully and was super easy to do.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I found a few online with free returns. I'll have to take my chances, and hopefully it all works out. My fiance and I are moving within the next couple of months so I won't be able to tackle this project for quite some time. I might look into it further depending on my schedule. Thanks for posting that video. I feel pretty confident in attempting this repair. The couple told me if I fix the TV, they don't want to know.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
post #22298 of 22328 Old 01-04-2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Just for kicks, I went through the download and extraction process and you shouldn't have to make a new folder and name it T-GFP9AKUC. That should happen automatically during the extraction process. To recap, with pictures...

1. Visit download site and download file

2. Drag and Drop ZIP file to USB stick (in my case the F:\ drive)

3a Select the ZIP file on the USB stick and right click and select Extract All.

3b During the Extraction Process it will automatically create the T-GFP9AKUC folder and copy the image folder and the info.txt file into it so you will end up with both the ZIP file and a directory with the same name as shown in the final two thumbnails below.

4. You can now move the USB stick from the PC to the One Connect Box and select the Menu >> Support >> Software Update >> Update Now option to update the firmware.

Not sure why you would have had to create your own directory because even if I skipped Step 2 and extracted the files on my PC's desktop it still created the T-GFP9AKUC folder and placed the image folder and the info.txt file into it which could then be dragged and dropped onto the USB stick before proceeding to step 4.

If this still doesn't work then you might want to try the other USB ports on the One Connect Box if you haven't tried that already. Or maybe it's just a case of the Samsung Gremlins that has caused your TV to stop wanting to do firmware updates since it has been a long, long time since 1004 was issued (2014).

In addition to 1400.1 issued in 2018, I see that on the link I provided above they also have an older version of the firmware 1360.2 you might want to try if you haven't already which they may have kept available on their site as a stepping stone in order to upgrade to the latest version.

As for calling Samsung for help, knowing just how many calls they receive per day regarding their brand, most of them probably own Sony TVs.

Regarding the Apple TV 4K you plan on using (or any device playing 4K protected content for the matter). When you connect it to the One Connect Box make sure you connect it to the HDMI port labelled MHL as this is the only port that supports 4K HDCP 2.2 copy protection on the HU series unless you upgrade to the SEK-3500 which is prohibitively expensive now... otherwise 4K copy protected content (e.g. Netflix; iTunes) will be downgraded to 1080p.

Cheers!
Thanks for all of your help. I don't think the TV wants to accept updates. I tried the process again, and the update continues to fail. I've tried the steps listed above. I've tried multiple USB flash drives, and I've tried all of the USB ports on the One Connect Device. That SEK-3500 is expensive! If I'm able to get this TV working, it'll go in our guest room with an Apple TV 4K, PS4 etc. If not, I'll just use it to stream music in the basement while I work out. Thanks for all of the help though. I truly appreciate it. To think Geek Squad told that couple just to replace the TV instead of trying to get it fixed.

Edit: I also tried the other update as well. 1360.2 didn't work either.

Musician likes this.

Last edited by Tree06; 01-04-2020 at 11:30 PM.
post #22299 of 22328 Old 01-05-2020, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 544
@Tree06 , great advice for you from all above. I'd save those USB thumbdrives and try an update after that faulty board is replaced.

A good possibility that it'll flash properly after it's replaced, but if you're pleased with it just let it go. Firmware flashes have always worried me and "if it ain't broke ---". ....

I'd never give it my primary WiFi Passcode; but w/a Guest Account or Ethernet cable it should update itself anyway and those apps can be updated as well.

Best of luck for you and your 'new' HU-9000 for this new decade.
Art
post #22300 of 22328 Old 01-07-2020, 03:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,
I have a HU9000 and now my SEK3500 is dead, however I can't get this replacement for new nor used one.

Since it is dead I can't buy SEK4500 to go thru SEK3500 to my HU9000.

I understand HU9000 has a input port which does not fit an ordinary HDMI plug, is there anyway for me to connect my BluRay and TV box to HU9000?

Am I right that One Connect Box will work if so which model ?

Also is there a special cable or adapter available for me to connect SEK4500 to HU9000

Any help will be appreciated ..
post #22301 of 22328 Old 01-07-2020, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy888 View Post
Hello,
I have a HU9000 and now my SEK3500 is dead, however I can't get this replacement for new nor used one.

Since it is dead I can't buy SEK4500 to go thru SEK3500 to my HU9000.

I understand HU9000 has a input port which does not fit an ordinary HDMI plug, is there anyway for me to connect my BluRay and TV box to HU9000?

Am I right that One Connect Box will work if so which model ?

Also is there a special cable or adapter available for me to connect SEK4500 to HU9000

Any help will be appreciated ..
Before we can answer your question, are you saying the original One Connect Box that came with your HU9000 in 2014 is dead... or that in 2015 you went out and bought the SEK-3500U Evolution Kit and it has died on you? These are NOT the same part number.

Further to that, if you did upgrade your TV from the original One Connect Box to the SEK-3500 Evolution what did you do with the original One Connect Box?

As for your question about an adapter or some sort of cable available so you can hook up your Blu-ray Player and Set Top Box... unfortunately the answer is no.

The 2015 SEK-3500 are often available used on eBay but they are expensive often times costing more than your TV is worth and in order to install it you would need the original 2014 One Connect Box that came with the TV.

Note: You cant just take a One Connect Box made for another Samsung model and expect that it will work in your TV.

For more input from owners I would suggest providing a little more information as to why you think it’s the external box that is dead versus say the panel and posting a picture of the label on the bottom of your external box as well as the complete model number of your TV (e.g UN78HU9000FXZA) and the country you purchased it in so guys can weigh in on the specific part number(s).

You might also want to consult with an authorized Samsung repair shop who are familiar with the technical components within each external box. For example, many owners have had their boxes revived with the replacement of the fan that often fails. Authorized repair shops also have better access to parts or the know how to determine which resistor might have failed not generally available to Joe Public.

If you are a ‘do it yourselfer’, for part number information, you can visit the following site and enter your model number:

https://www.samsungparts.com/

Considering the age of your TV and the improvements that have been made over the years often times it’s cheaper just replacing it rather than trying to fix it because it may turn out to be a board inside the TV or something else!

Last edited by Musician; 01-07-2020 at 07:55 AM.
post #22302 of 22328 Old 01-07-2020, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you for the reply.

My TV model is UA55HU9000WXXY

I bought it with SEK2500, which I gave to my friend after I upgraded to SEK3500 for 4K HDR.

In case I can have SEK2500 back from my friend, what device shall I buy for the connection, also would this be 4K compatible ?

Since I am using Foxtel TV box which has built in Australian TV channels tuner, therefore I do not need an Australian TV channel compatible turner for the connection box.

My SEK3500's fan failed when the TV is switching on, I have ordered a spare part of this fan and see if this help.

I do not want to buy a new TV even it is better and cheaper, since I do not want to waste my TV.

In case after the fan replacement and failed to operate, does it mean asking Samsung for SEK3500 to service is the only option available?
post #22303 of 22328 Old 01-07-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
@Tree06 , great advice for you from all above. I'd save those USB thumbdrives and try an update after that faulty board is replaced.

A good possibility that it'll flash properly after it's replaced, but if you're pleased with it just let it go. Firmware flashes have always worried me and "if it ain't broke ---". ....

I'd never give it my primary WiFi Passcode; but w/a Guest Account or Ethernet cable it should update itself anyway and those apps can be updated as well.

Best of luck for you and your 'new' HU-9000 for this new decade.

Art
Thanks! I'll need to open the back panel first because there's multiple listings for the T-Con board, and I want to make sure it's the right part.

I read the following on shopjimmy.com.

"IMPORTANT: Horizontal lines on the screen are virtually NEVER caused by a bad T-con board. Horizontal lines indicate a defective LCD panel (screen)."

Both listings have return shipping, but I have to pay to return the second listing. I'll have to open the TV soon.

pilotart likes this.
post #22304 of 22328 Old 01-07-2020, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy888 View Post
Thank you for the reply.

My TV model is UA55HU9000WXXY

I bought it with SEK2500, which I gave to my friend after I upgraded to SEK3500 for 4K HDR.

In case I can have SEK2500 back from my friend, what device shall I buy for the connection, also would this be 4K compatible ?

Since I am using Foxtel TV box which has built in Australian TV channels tuner, therefore I do not need an Australian TV channel compatible turner for the connection box.

My SEK3500's fan failed when the TV is switching on, I have ordered a spare part of this fan and see if this help.

I do not want to buy a new TV even it is better and cheaper, since I do not want to waste my TV.

In case after the fan replacement and failed to operate, does it mean asking Samsung for SEK3500 to service is the only option available?
Well no, Samsung would refer you to a retailer who haven’t had any SEK-3500’s in stock for a couple of years so you could hope to have yours repaired or be one of the lucky ones to find a used one online and hope it continues to work since it would come without a warranty! And you would still need to borrow (or acquire) an OEM original One Connect Box that came with your TV in order to do the installation.

Or you could just get your OEM original One Connect Box back from your friend (or buy a new one if available) and be stuck with basically the same TV you bought in 2014 without the features, benefits and improvements you obtained by adding the SEK-3500 Evolution Kit

At this point Foxtel is the least of your problems because whatever way you slice it the replacement parts you buy must be compatible with your TV (e.g. the Australian standard voltage and frequency is different than that used in North America).

This is where I should bow out as I am no expert when it comes to TVs in Australia but in North America the HU9000 series was not delivered with the SEK-2500. That was the Evolution Kit produced in 2014 to bring the 2013 F series up to the same spec as the 2014 HU series. The OEM original One Connect Box (Jackpack) that was delivered with my HU9000 was part number BN94-07655 as shown on the label on the bottom of the unit depicted in the first thumbnail below which is currently priced at $602.61 USD which was a totally different part number and much more expensive than the SEK-2500... in the same sense the 2015 SEK-3500 was not the OEM original One Connect Box part number delivered with the 2015 JS series. Again a totally different set of part numbers.

Need more proof? As shown in the second thumbnail below, SamsungParts indicates that the SEK-2500 as being compatible with the F9000, not the HU9000.

Since my guess was pretty good that the fan had failed on your SEK-3500 (since you didn’t bother to tell us in your your original post) hopefully replacing it like I once had to do described in my post below does the trick but make sure you ordered the right part number as the one for the SEK-3500 has a higher amp requirement than the one for the OEM original One Connect Box that came with the HU9000.

SEK-3500 Surgery Waiting List

And unless you have experience as a ‘do it yourselfer’ I would highly recommend having an authorized Samsung repair center do it for you who should also be able to provide answers to your other questions related to getting your SEK-3500 repaired if the fan replacement is unsuccessful... or what other options they suggest.

Just so you are aware a used SEK-3500U/ZA without warranty is going for around $750 USD these days (and that’s for the North American model). That’s about 2 to 3 times the cost as they were brand new! Not even sure where you would find one for your Australian TV which carries a different part number. Couple that with the $602 USD going price for the OEM original One Connect Box (assuming yours is similarily priced) if you aren’t able to borrow it from your friend in order to do the Evo Kit upgrade and you could be in for close to $1400 USD if you are able to acquire the right parts just to get your TV back to the way it was.....

If your friend was to give you back the OEM original One Connect Box that came with your HU9000 and you weren’t able to get your SEK-3500 repaired or find a replacement you could buy the SEK-4500 if you were so inclined but that would be nowhere near a match to the upgrades you received with the SEK-3500 Evo Kit and would require you to have both boxes connected to the TV at once in a daisy chain configuration with an HDMI cable connecting the SEK-4500 to the OEM One Connect Box which would be connected to your TV using the existing One Connect Cable connection in the back of the TV:

For more info I don’t own one but lots of reading and links on this thread (where they haven’t been the biggest hit worldwide)...

2018 Samsung SEK-4500 Evolution Kit

...as well as an entire thread with over 23,000 posts devoted to the...

2015 Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution Kit

...that at one time were frequented by owners in Australia but it’s been a long time since I recall seeing one of their posts.

Hopefully the fan replacement works out!

Disclaimer: The SamsungParts website I provided the link to is for parts compatible with the North American models. For parts in your country I would suggest contacting Samsung Support or an authorized Samsung repair center.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E1663B56-2473-4F5B-9BB0-80A07F1346C8.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2666230   Click image for larger version

Name:	A72F6BBF-2C5C-4046-815A-80AAF63A78B9.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	2666306  
galonzo, musicman0725 and pilotart like this.

Last edited by Musician; 01-08-2020 at 07:18 AM.
post #22305 of 22328 Old 01-08-2020, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm posting this here first instead of the 3D forums, hopefully that's ok

I own a Samsung UN65HU8550 tv (built in Nov. 2014), and used the 3D for a bit when I first got it, then haven't in the past few years. Recently I went to use it, and all four of the glasses that came with it wouldn't work. I obviously tried a few brand new batteries in each (CR2016), and all I get when I hold the button on the glasses is a brief green light then a red light then nothing. If I continuously hold the button, the red light beeps on and off slowly, but then nothing. I read somewhere that unplugging the tv for a couple minutes can sometimes help with resetting things, but to no avail. I'm not sure what I did, but at one point two of the glasses did work momentarily by rapidly changing between green and red and then displaying on the left hand side of the screen that they were connected, so I figured that it was just two out of the four glasses that were no good, but when I came back to the tv later, the two 'good' ones wouldn't connect again. I've also read that this could be the bluetooth board in the tv, but when I go into the menu under bluetooth, and try and connect an Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse, both show up in the list and connect no problem. I'm assuming that the same board that controls these items controls the glasses as well? However, the glasses won't show up in the list, but I'm not sure if they actually do under normal circumstances, so perhaps someone can confirm this. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? I've already started looking for aftermarket 3D glasses that are rechargeable to save on the battery changing hassle, does anyone have any experience with these ones? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/233307118808

Thanks in advance for your help!
post #22306 of 22328 Old 01-08-2020, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@mojorkr ,

If it’s any help, here is the user guide for those glasses that I managed to find...

3D Active Glasses - SSG-5150GB User’s Guide

As for the “trick” with the TV, that is accomplished by unplugging it and then pressing the toggle button on the rear of the TV and wait until the red power light stops blinking on the TV before plugging it back in (or leaving it unplugged overnight to discharge it but I am not that patient).

With regards to the glasses you are considering I would be apprehensive unless somebody could confirm they work with your TV since they say “for 2012-2015 3D TV Sony Panasonic and Epson TW6300 TW9300”.

I use the rechargeable ones that Samsung came out with (Model # SSG-3570CR/ZA) that I picked up at BestBuy six years ago that still work like a charm. All you have to do is pretty much look at them and they pair and give you the message in the lower left hand corner of the screen!

Unfortunately like many parts associated with our TVs, they are no longer available but some guys have been successful with other after market 3D glasses that they found to worker better so hopefully they can provide some recommendations or you could always Search this Thread for “3D glasses” and see what you can find.

Cheers!

post #22307 of 22328 Old 01-08-2020, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 544
The glasses I've loved for six+ years now looked exactly like these:
https://smile.amazon.com/3ACTIVE-Son...8159312&sr=8-5

I would expect they would work on Samsung, although these are promoted for Sony.
(My old purchase's "Buy again" fails and they showed "two remaining" on linked listing.)

Just search Amazon, as they likely have largest selection and have a 30 day return option.
Art
post #22308 of 22328 Old 01-08-2020, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The glasses I've loved for six+ years now looked exactly like these...
Pretty sporty 3D glasses Art (see thumbnail 1) what with the wide arms to block out any side light and with a really nice carrying case that holds 2 pairs each. They kind of look like Oakley sunglasses and you could probably get away with wearing them on the beach in Florida when you aren’t wearing your Aviators.

But do you really think they are nicer than my flimsy glasses (4 pairs) that each comes packaged in a HUGE box (see thumbnail 2) that pretty much takes over a full drawer in my TV console?

OK, I’m jealous.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0065F205-A766-41E7-9A2D-F951F9DCA43A.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2666368   Click image for larger version

Name:	0805D212-61CE-4C81-86BD-24D09FACE0F7.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	2666370  

post #22309 of 22328 Old 01-08-2020, 02:30 PM

Thanks @pilotart and @Musician for your speedy replies!!

Just wondering, where is this toggle switch on the back of the tv? I'll have to try this when I get home tonight...not thrilled about having to re-enter all of my custom presets again after though, but it's worth a shot...argh!
post #22310 of 22328 Old 01-08-2020, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorkr View Post
Thanks @pilotart and @Musician for your speedy replies!!

Just wondering, where is this toggle switch on the back of the tv? I'll have to try this when I get home tonight...not thrilled about having to re-enter all of my custom presets again after though, but it's worth a shot...argh!
You’re welcome!

On my HU9000 you can’t miss it because it is in the very lower left corner when facing the rear of the TV and it is chrome coloured. Oh, so fancy.

Although I couldn’t find a picture of the rear of the HU8550 showing the exact position we’ll have to make do with the first thumbnail below where you would find it about 6 to 8 inches below the coax antenna input countersunk into the TV’s molded plastic and black in color so even if I could find a picture it probably wouldn’t have stood out much.

Edit: I was able to find a full size photo of the rear of the HU8550. The toggle button in question is located in the lower left side when facing the rear of the TV down below the air vents towards the outer edge as shown in the second thumbnail.

As for your custom presets, this procedure won’t affect your settings in any way so you won’t have to reenter them.

When all else fails you can do a factory reset by going into Menu >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Reset but this will require you having to reenter ALL your settings.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	36203483-28C5-4615-A823-D3E0C655AD47.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	2666588   Click image for larger version

Name:	9516028C-AAB3-4D49-86CA-BD3F8112000D.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	2666804  

Last edited by Musician; 01-08-2020 at 08:31 PM.
post #22311 of 22328 Old 01-09-2020, 02:47 PM

Gave the shutdown another try last night. Oddly enough after I unplugged the tv and pressed the toggle, the red light on the front didn't flash at all, no matter how long I held it down. So I left it unplugged overnight, but still no luck on connecting the glasses the next day.

So am I correct in assuming that since other devices such as mice and keyboards connect to my tv, then it definitely is an issue with the glasses, and not the tv itself? What would have caused all four not to work like that...they've been barely used?

Thanks again!
post #22312 of 22328 Old 01-10-2020, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Gave the shutdown another try last night. Oddly enough after I unplugged the tv and pressed the toggle, the red light on the front didn't flash at all, no matter how long I held it down. So I left it unplugged overnight, but still no luck on connecting the glasses the next day.
First guy I have ever encountered where the red light hasn’t started blinking while the TV is unplugged and the toggle button has been pressed briefly..... except for the one guy who’s toggle switch stopped working altogether on him.

Under normal circumstances you should be able to press the toggle buttons on the back of your TV to navigate the menus and user interface basically mirroring the remote control’s Up/Down/Left/Right/Enter keys in the event your remote stopped working (or if it was out of reach).

So in his case he thought his remote had stopped working (except for the power button which is IR not Bluetooth) but it was actually the toggle switch which was “jammed” so the remote was “fighting” with it so he was unable to access the settings menus.

Quote:
So am I correct in assuming that since other devices such as mice and keyboards connect to my tv, then it definitely is an issue with the glasses, and not the tv itself? What would have caused all four not to work like that...they've been barely used?
Not necessarily and hard to believe that all four of your 3D glasses would go tits up all at the same time unless of course you replaced the batteries with the wrong ones (see attached thumbnail for specifications) so you might want to check that again since in your earlier post you said that you were briefly able to get the connecting lights flashing and then displaying on the left hand side of the screen that they were connected but when you came back to the tv later, the two 'good' ones wouldn't connect again... which has me concerned that the batteries might have failed or destroyed them.

But another cause could be interference. According to the manual for your 3D glasses I provided the link to it says that “Samsung 3D glasses communicate with Samsung 3D TVs via the 2.4GHz RF band” so it could come down to interference from other devices.

2.4 GHz radio use

On top of that, Bluetooth and WiFi devices can interfere with one another.

What Will Block a Bluetooth Signal?

Perhaps between those 3D glasses 🤓 and those mice 🐁 and keyboards 🎹 connected to your TV and other WiFi and Bluetooth devices you have operating in your house just might have something to do with it.

All I can suggest is to isolate the issues by reducing interference between WiFi and Bluetooth devices and things that operate at those frequencies by temporarily disconnecting them all (including things like phones and routers and hubs; etc.) to see if that helps and when all else fails to do the factory reset suggested earlier by going into going into Menu >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Reset but this will require you having to reenter ALL your settings so make sure you have written them down first.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F4D9F972-214A-4F3B-AD8A-323D42183594.jpg
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	2667498  

Last edited by Musician; 01-10-2020 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Attached Specifications
post #22313 of 22328 Old 01-10-2020, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
First guy I have ever encountered where the red light hasn’t started blinking while the TV is unplugged and the toggle button has been pressed briefly..... except for the one guy who’s toggle switch stopped working altogether on him.

Under normal circumstances you should be able to press the toggle buttons on the back of your TV to navigate the menus and user interface basically mirroring the remote control’s Up/Down/Left/Right/Enter keys in the event your remote stopped working (or if it was out of reach).

So in his case he thought his remote had stopped working (except for the power button which is IR not Bluetooth) but it was actually the toggle switch which was “jammed” so the remote was “fighting” with it so he was unable to access the settings menus.

Not necessarily and hard to believe that all four of your 3D glasses would go tits up all at the same time unless of course you replaced the batteries with the wrong ones (see attached thumbnail for specifications) so you might want to check that again since in your earlier post you said that you were briefly able to get the connecting lights flashing and then displaying on the left hand side of the screen that they were connected but when you came back to the tv later, the two 'good' ones wouldn't connect again... which has me concerned that the batteries might have failed or destroyed them.

But another cause could be interference. According to the manual for your 3D glasses I provided the link to it says that “Samsung 3D glasses communicate with Samsung 3D TVs via the 2.4GHz RF band” so it could come down to interference from other devices.

2.4 GHz radio use

On top of that, Bluetooth and WiFi devices can interfere with one another.

What Will Block a Bluetooth Signal?

Perhaps between those 3D glasses 🤓 and those mice 🐁 and keyboards 🎹 connected to your TV and whatever else is nearby might have something to do with it.

All I can suggest is to isolate the issues by reducing interference between WiFi and Bluetooth devices and things that operate at those frequencies by temporarily disconnecting them all (including things like phones and routers and hubs; etc.) to see if that helps and when all else fails to do the factory reset suggested earlier by going into going into Menu >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Reset but this will require you having to reenter ALL your settings so make sure you have written them down first.

Good luck.
Make sure the battery is correctly, they can easily be installed with polarity reversed.

It wasn't broke 'till I fixed it!!
UN78JS9500 UN55HU9000 UN46F8000BFXZA
UBD-K8500/ZA (2) UBD-K9500
Denon AVR X3500H (2)
Harmony Elite (2)
post #22314 of 22328 Old 01-14-2020, 12:47 AM

Hey there. Just wanted to provide this quick update. I replaced my T Con board, and the blue pixel lines still appear on my TV.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Yo3HCdB

The first image is the replacement board, and my original board is the second picture. VD_STV5565EU22BC6LV0.3 is printed on the replacement board, and VD_STV556SEU22BC6LV0.I is printed on the original board.

I'm returning the replacement board this week. For those who replaced their T Con board in the past, did the part number have to match exactly? I found another listing on eBay where VD_STV556SEU22BC6LV0.I matches, but the part number is slightly different. If I can't get this TV up and running I'm just going to use it to stream music in my basement.

Could the main board be faulty as well? I'm just trying to see if there's any other potential problems with the TV.
post #22315 of 22328 Old 01-14-2020, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Hey there. Just wanted to provide this quick update. I replaced my T Con board, and the blue pixel lines still appear on my TV.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Yo3HCdB

The first image is the replacement board, and my original board is the second picture. VD_STV5565EU22BC6LV0.3 is printed on the replacement board, and VD_STV556SEU22BC6LV0.I is printed on the original board.

I'm returning the replacement board this week. For those who replaced their T Con board in the past, did the part number have to match exactly? I found another listing on eBay where VD_STV556SEU22BC6LV0.I matches, but the part number is slightly different. If I can't get this TV up and running I'm just going to use it to stream music in my basement.

Could the main board be faulty as well? I'm just trying to see if there's any other potential problems with the TV.
When you replaced the T-Con board was the issue identical to your original issue? If you replaced the T-Con board and the issue still presents itself the board may not be the problem. Does everything look alright with the cabling? In your initial post you had photos that looked like they had a clean image along with other photos that looked distorted. Can you clarify what sources the photos were from and is this impacting every HDMI port as it appears your panel can display a clear picture depending on the source? Also, assuming the issue is with a source that is connected through your one connect box (as most sources are), have you tried replacing the one connect cable? There have been instances where the one connect cable is all that needs to be replaced (I may be confusing my Samsung models, but I know this has been an issue with the one connect boxes in general).
Musician and Tree06 like this.

Samsung UN55KS8000 | Denon AVR-X4500H | AppleTV 4K | DirecTV HR54 + 4K RVU | Samsung UBD-M8500
Samsung UN55HU8550 + SEK-4500/ZA | Samsung Soundbar HW-H550 | AppleTV 4K | DirecTV 4K RVU | Samsung UBD-K8500
Samsung QN43Q60RA | AppleTV 4th Gen | DirecTV C41W
post #22316 of 22328 Old 01-14-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman0725 View Post
When you replaced the T-Con board was the issue identical to your original issue? If you replaced the T-Con board and the issue still presents itself the board may not be the problem. Does everything look alright with the cabling? In your initial post you had photos that looked like they had a clean image along with other photos that looked distorted. Can you clarify what sources the photos were from and is this impacting every HDMI port as it appears your panel can display a clear picture depending on the source? Also, assuming the issue is with a source that is connected through your one connect box (as most sources are), have you tried replacing the one connect cable? There have been instances where the one connect cable is all that needs to be replaced (I may be confusing my Samsung models, but I know this has been an issue with the one connect boxes in general).
When I replaced the T Con board, the same problem persisted. Whenever I turn on the TV you can see the blue pixel lines on the side of the panel. When you use Pandora (downloaded app) or stream music from a NAS Drive, the picture is completely fine. You can see ghosting whenever you try to watch Netflix or HBO Go. I sent the T Con board back, and that should be refunded without any issue. I haven't tried a different One Connect cable. I've tried all of the HDMI ports and all of the images look like the first photo below. The second image is showing the TV when I stream music from my NAS drive. The picture looks completely fine. We're going to replace the main board, and see if that's the issue. I think the next thing I'll try is replacing the One Connect Cable. I'll post an update once I switched out the main board. I'm not ready to give up yet!

musicman0725 and Musician like this.
post #22317 of 22328 Old 01-15-2020, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Lightbulb Picture Test

@Tree06 , a light bulb just went off.

For starters, make sure you have tried the Menu >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Picture Test

Way back in 2015 my HU7000 began to exhibit a case of what I referred to as a "shaky screen" or "blurred picture" which looks a lot like your first screen shot... while other times it displayed a "bar of garbage" at the top of the screen or both simultaneously (see thumbnails below)... while in many cases I had no issues at all or it was intermittent depending which device I was using such as the Smart Hub apps which gave me no issues like your screen shot above while using your NAS drive where everything appears fine.

The first thing Samsung had me do was the Picture Test and when I told them I couldn't see any issue with the test picture it was their position that in that case there was nothing wrong with my TV.

Since my TV was still under warranty, I had them by the short and curlies.

So after a whole lot of trial and error which included working with an Authorized Samsung Service Center who first replaced the T-Con board and then the Main Board and neither of those fixed the problem. But before they were about to replace the panel here is what I did that magically eliminated the problem:

1) Turn off all your devices

2) Disconnect them all from their power outlets

3) Disconnect all HDMI cables between all your devices including your Receiver and TV

4) Unplug your Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) and if necessary kill the main power breaker just to make sure you got them all

5) Discharge applicable devices (e.g. TV by pressing the Toggle Switch on the back of the TV or the Power button on the Remote Control)

6) Wait a few minutes and reconnect all your devices and restore the power

That's what did the trick for me!

I am not saying this will work for you necessarily since you picked up the TV and started from scratch but the fact that my HU7000 was working all along with no issues (and none since) and the fact that my TV was taken away twice while the repair center replaced the parts which would totally give it time to discharge *twice* may reflect the fact that sometimes a Samsung TV and the equipment it is connected to can acquire a case of the demons which needs to undergo the 6 step exorcism process described above that has been known to resolve other issues guys have had with their units such as HDMI / HDCP Handshaking issues.

Note: The other day while you were having issues getting the toggle button on the back of your TV to make the light on the front of the TV flash off and on repeatedly, an alternative option would have being pressing the power button on your remote as mentioned in step 5. I just tried it to make sure and that also does the trick. Not sure why my brain was on hiatus that day!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Shaky.JPG
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2670334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Garbage.JPG
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2670336  

Last edited by Musician; 01-15-2020 at 01:05 PM.
post #22318 of 22328 Old 01-15-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
@Tree06 , a light bulb just went off.

For starters, make sure you have tried the Menu >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Picture Test

Way back in 2015 my HU7000 began to exhibit a case of what I referred to as a "shaky screen" or "blurred picture" which looks a lot like your first screen shot... while other times it displayed a "bar of garbage" at the top of the screen or both simultaneously (see thumbnails below)... while in many cases I had no issues at all or it was intermittent depending which device I was using such as the Smart Hub apps which gave me no issues like your screen shot above while using your NAS drive where everything appears fine.

The first thing Samsung had me do was the Picture Test and when I told them I couldn't see any issue with the test picture it was their position that in that case there was nothing wrong with my TV.

Since my TV was still under warranty, I had them by the short and curlies.

So after a whole lot of trial and error which included working with an Authorized Samsung Service Center who first replaced the T-Con board and then the Main Board and neither of those fixed the problem. But before they were about to replace the panel here is what I did that magically eliminated the problem:

1) Turn off all your devices

2) Disconnect them all from their power outlets

3) Disconnect all HDMI cables between all your devices including your Receiver and TV

4) Unplug your Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) and if necessary kill the main power breaker just to make sure you got them all

5) Discharge applicable devices (e.g. TV by pressing the Toggle Switch on the back of the TV or the Power button on the Remote Control)

6) Wait a few minutes and reconnect all your devices and restore the power

That's what did the trick for me!

I am not saying this will work for you necessarily since you picked up the TV and started from scratch but the fact that my HU7000 was working all along with no issues (and none since) and the fact that my TV was taken away twice while the repair center replaced the parts which would totally give it time to discharge *twice* may reflect the fact that sometimes a Samsung TV and the equipment it is connected to can acquire a case of the demons which needs to undergo the 6 step exorcism process described above that has been known to resolve other issues guys have had with their units such as HDMI / HDCP Handshaking issues.

Note: The other day while you were having issues getting the toggle button on the back of your TV to make the light on the front of the TV flash off and on repeatedly, an alternative option would have being pressing the power button on your remote as mentioned in step 5. I just tried it to make sure and that also does the trick. Not sure why my brain was on hiatus that day!
Thank you for the in depth post. I'll have to try those steps the next time I go to my in-laws. The TV is there while we try to figure out what's going on with it. That's the thing though. The TV has been off and unplugged since last week. I think that should be more than enough time for the power to discharge. Also, we didn't have anything plugged into the One Connect Box after we replaced the T Con board. I'm still thinking it's something with the main board because I can't process the firmware update at all. It'll see the firmware file, and then instantly error out. I tried the picture test as well, and I could see the errors on the screen. The main board I ordered yesterday just shipped so I should get that soon so I can continue testing that TV out. I don't want to give up on it if I don't have to.
post #22319 of 22328 Old 01-15-2020, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for the in depth post. I'll have to try those steps the next time I go to my in-laws. The TV is there while we try to figure out what's going on with it. That's the thing though. The TV has been off and unplugged since last week. I think that should be more than enough time for the power to discharge. Also, we didn't have anything plugged into the One Connect Box after we replaced the T Con board. I'm still thinking it's something with the main board because I can't process the firmware update at all. It'll see the firmware file, and then instantly error out. I tried the picture test as well, and I could see the errors on the screen. The main board I ordered yesterday just shipped so I should get that soon so I can continue testing that TV out. I don't want to give up on it if I don't have to.
And an in depth follow up that I need to breakdown so here goes...

Discharge

That was my point - nothing was plugged into mine either while it underwent board replacements on TWO separate occasions giving it plenty of time to discharge as well but the problem remained. And to top that off, I may very well have been the founder of the unplug / discharge trick or at least an early adopter and have always used that as my first step in troubleshooting so I certainly tried that before calling Samsung Help.

Ah, and come to think of it my HU7000 is my Bedroom TV and never had anything hooked up to it in 2015 in the way of other devices or a Receiver (other than my Set Top Box which is where the Soup picture was taken from) which leads me to this question...

Nothing Plugged into OCB

So if you had nothing plugged into the One Connect Box since replacing the T-Con board, just so we are clear, what is the sources of the pictures of Super Mario you have been using in all your posts that look shaky? The only Smart Hub apps I could find containing the word "Super" are Super Collapse, Super Candy 2, and Super3 but I am in Canada so maybe that makes a difference.

But I did pick up on your comment that "You can see ghosting whenever you try to watch Netflix or HBO Go." so I'll assume those are Smart Hub apps you are using (versus your Apple TV) whereas in my case all the Smart Hub apps worked fine during the time I had a case of the shakes!

Smart HUB Apps versus Devices Plugged into the OCB via HDMI

So assuming it's the Smart Hub apps that are acting up as well as the Picture Test I don't think things are going to get better when you start plugging things into the OCB.

If I were you since you are getting the blurred picture from HBO Go and Netflix and apparently other Smart Hub apps I would want to know if it also happens when you plug something into an HDMI port then that might narrow it down to the OCB since that is where everything is originates from on the HU9000 versus the HU8550 and it's siblings where it is built into the TV.

Firmware Update to EPROM

The big hurdle for you appears to be updating your firmware because unlike my situation when trying the Picture test where I could see NO ISSUES, you say that you could see errors on that screen in which case Samsung recommends...

Menu >> Picture >> Reset Picture

...and goes on to suggest making sure your Firmware is up to date!

But since most of the components in the HU9000 reside in the One Connect Box, that may ultimately be your nemesis and the piece that needs replacing since I believe this is where the EPROM sits that the firmware needs to get burned onto which may be why you are "erroring out" during your attempts.

But at least your NAS is working and for $75 you sure can't beat that for a display! But damn it, it would be even better if it was 100% perfect right!!!

Keep us posted.
musicman0725, pilotart and Tree06 like this.

post #22320 of 22328 Old 01-15-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
And an in depth follow up that I need to breakdown so here goes...

Discharge

That was my point - nothing was plugged into mine either while it underwent board replacements on TWO separate occasions giving it plenty of time to discharge as well but the problem remained. And to top that off, I may very well have been the founder of the unplug / discharge trick or at least an early adopter and have always used that as my first step in troubleshooting so I certainly tried that before calling Samsung Help.

Ah, and come to think of it my HU7000 is my Bedroom TV and never had anything hooked up to it in 2015 in the way of other devices or a Receiver (other than my Set Top Box which is where the Soup picture was taken from) which leads me to this question...

Nothing Plugged into OCB

So if you had nothing plugged into the One Connect Box since replacing the T-Con board, just so we are clear, what is the sources of the pictures of Super Mario you have been using in all your posts that look shaky? The only Smart Hub apps I could find containing the word "Super" are Super Collapse, Super Candy 2, and Super3 but I am in Canada so maybe that makes a difference.

But I did pick up on your comment that "You can see ghosting whenever you try to watch Netflix or HBO Go." so I'll assume those are Smart Hub apps you are using (versus your Apple TV) whereas in my case all the Smart Hub apps worked fine during the time I had a case of the shakes!

Smart HUB Apps versus Devices Plugged into the OCB via HDMI

So assuming it's the Smart Hub apps that are acting up as well as the Picture Test I don't think things are going to get better when you start plugging things into the OCB.

If I were you since you are getting the blurred picture from HBO Go and Netflix and apparently other Smart Hub apps I would want to know if it also happens when you plug something into an HDMI port then that might narrow it down to the OCB since that is where everything is originates from on the HU9000 versus the HU8550 and it's siblings where it is built into the TV.

Firmware Update to EPROM

The big hurdle for you appears to be updating your firmware because unlike my situation when trying the Picture test where I could see NO ISSUES, you say that you could see errors on that screen in which case Samsung recommends...

Menu >> Picture >> Reset Picture

...and goes on to suggest making sure your Firmware is up to date!

But since most of the components in the HU9000 reside in the One Connect Box, that may ultimately be your nemesis and the piece that needs replacing since I believe this is where the EPROM sits that the firmware needs to get burned onto which may be why you are "erroring out" during your attempts.

But at least your NAS is working and for $75 you sure can't beat that for a display! But damn it, it would be even better if it was 100% perfect right!!!

Keep us posted.
I took that Super Mario pic when I initially connected my Switch to all four HDMI inputs. That was the first night after I picked up the TV from the couple. I'll have to try that discharge method when I head over to my in-laws again. Those apps I mentioned HBO Go, and Netflix are from the Smart Hub application. We're going to replace the main board soon, and see if that fixes the issue. I'm really hoping it does, haha. I'm tired of searching eBay high and low for parts. The only thing about the One Connect Box is that it's the most expensive part to replace. I tried to use the TV without the One Connect Box, and the TV won't go past the initial boot screen without the One Connect Box connected.

I hope that cleared any confusion. The proprietary HDMI cable is roughly $100 on eBay. Fingers crossed that the main board is the culprit.
musicman0725 and Musician like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
samsung u8550 , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , un55hu9000 , un65hu9000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page