"Official" 2014 Sony XBR-55X900B / XBR-65X900B / XBR-79X900B Thread - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 844Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6301 of 6558 Old 08-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevn View Post
Wow, 3500 is insane for the 79x900b being i just paid 5k (with 5 year warranty) but everything is more in Alaska lol. New guy here and just 2nd post, slightly bummed now that i read this thread and some calling the tv garbage. I guess I'm glad i paid for the 5 year warranty lol, hopefully i get a good one i guess. Still I'm excited to get it, should be here in a few days.
Most of the reviews I have read for the TV are great, not garbage (people dont usually post if they are happy, only when they have issues.... I wouldn't worry, your TV will be awesome.. Vizio makes Garbage, not Sony.
steve1971 likes this.
xbones is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6302 of 6558 Old 08-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitico303 View Post
because I think that it would be great to have a lot of useful apps, frome the google ones to all the others available in the Play Store..
And for YouTube in 4K..
That's what phones and tablets are for 80" tv's are for the BIG BOY movies!! LOL

BTW this tv comes with a youtube app that plays 4k video.
xbones is offline  
post #6303 of 6558 Old 08-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbones View Post
Most of the reviews I have read for the TV are great, not garbage (people dont usually post if they are happy, only when they have issues.... I wouldn't worry, your TV will be awesome.. Vizio makes Garbage, not Sony.
These TVs are not garbage. They are the best TVs on the market excluding FALD sets. You got a great deal at $5K or under.
Radvlad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6304 of 6558 Old 08-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
I paid full boat when they first came out, and later got $1000 back from BB when the price dropped in my 45-day period. $3.5K is a steal. Agree completely on the upscaling. The panel is an IPS, which gives a wider viewing area than a VA panel, but the VA does blacker blacks. My Sony letterbox bars are a dark grey. The Samsung's are black. BTW, it's easy to hook up a wired powered sub, rather than the Sony wireless. Look in the manual for instructions for reassigning the headphone out to "sub".
Page 178!! Thank you, great info there. Configure the headphone jack output.
xbones is offline  
post #6305 of 6558 Old 08-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Newbie
 
mcs72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My apps are gone! Any idea? I tried to launch my amazon app and it didn't work. Then I saw the featured apps were missing and I looked at all apps. There were only like 5 apps. Any idea how I get them back?

Also any idea when 4k will be available on DirecTV?
mcs72 is offline  
post #6306 of 6558 Old 08-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Member
 
hirevn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Alaska
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I can't help with the apps as I have yet to receive my new set yet but as far as direct tv, I checked yesterday and says there is content available already with the genie dvr. I will be looking in to this further once my new set is here.
hirevn is offline  
post #6307 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 12:19 AM
Senior Member
 
mitico303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbones View Post
That's what phones and tablets are for 80" tv's are for the BIG BOY movies!! LOL

BTW this tv comes with a youtube app that plays 4k video.
no, you're wrong: the 2014 Bravia 4K series can't play 4K videos from the integrated YouTube app. It was discussed a lot on this thread, but the maximum resolution available with the YouTube app is 1080p. they need VP9 codecs in order to play 4K videos from YouTube, and they're available only from the 2015 series..

However, it isn't just YouTube.. and i'm not talking about useless apps, i'm talking about apps for multimedia purpose: music streaming services (spotify, play music), video apps (like vimeo), a decent web browsing, cloud services, eccetera..

so why there's Android on the 2015 series?

TV: Sony KD-65A1 OLED
AVR: Denon X1400H - Speakers: Onkyo SKS-HT588 - 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos set
Multimedia: Xbox One X / Apple TV 4K / MySky HD - Humax ESi-160
Headset: Turtle Beach Elite 800X
mitico303 is offline  
post #6308 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
jxhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Wrong the 79 in this thread does YouTube as well as Netflix 4k.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jxhopper is offline  
post #6309 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 AM
Newbie
 
mcs72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My 2014 plays 4k YouTube.
mcs72 is offline  
post #6310 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
mitico303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 86
how can you prove it?

TV: Sony KD-65A1 OLED
AVR: Denon X1400H - Speakers: Onkyo SKS-HT588 - 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos set
Multimedia: Xbox One X / Apple TV 4K / MySky HD - Humax ESi-160
Headset: Turtle Beach Elite 800X
mitico303 is offline  
post #6311 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitico303 View Post
no, you're wrong: the 2014 Bravia 4K series can't play 4K videos from the integrated YouTube app. It was discussed a lot on this thread, but the maximum resolution available with the YouTube app is 1080p. they need VP9 codecs in order to play 4K videos from YouTube, and they're available only from the 2015 series..

However, it isn't just YouTube.. and i'm not talking about useless apps, i'm talking about apps for multimedia purpose: music streaming services (spotify, play music), video apps (like vimeo), a decent web browsing, cloud services, eccetera..

so why there's Android on the 2015 series?
After doing some research, the above may be correct. The current you tube app in the 2014 x900b series can play 4k videos.. However it might only be playing them in 1080.

I did some research and it turns out google has just recently starting forcing VP9 codec on all their 4k videos. This just happened in 2015, so all the 2014 and lower TV's didn't even know Vp9 existed therefore can't decode.

However you I did read you can manually download a youtube 4k video and play it via usb stick (or DLNA) to your tv to see True 4k (What I don't understand, if you download and it's still VP9 I don't see how that would work via usb.)

My main question is can't they just upload the VP9 codec via firmware update? I read somewhere that the VP9 codec has to be embedded in a special chip, but isn't that what firmware updates are for in the first place?

I'm not too concerned as the industry is pretty set on h.265 and only google (though a big player now that they own youtube) is promoting VP9.

Tests show VP9 encodes 2x as fast as H.265, however the compression quality and CPU usage of the decoding is negligible.
xbones is offline  
post #6312 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
mitico303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbones View Post
After doing some research, the above may be correct. The current you tube app in the 2014 x900b series can play 4k videos.. However it might only be playing them in 1080.

I did some research and it turns out google has just recently starting forcing VP9 codec on all their 4k videos. This just happened in 2015, so all the 2014 and lower TV's didn't even know Vp9 existed therefore can't decode.

However you I did read you can manually download a youtube 4k video and play it via usb stick (or DLNA) to your tv to see True 4k (What I don't understand, if you download and it's still VP9 I don't see how that would work via usb.)

My main question is can't they just upload the VP9 codec via firmware update? I read somewhere that the VP9 codec has to be embedded in a special chip, but isn't that what firmware updates are for in the first place?

I'm not too concerned as the industry is pretty set on h.265 and only google (though a big player now that they own youtube) is promoting VP9.

Tests show VP9 encodes 2x as fast as H.265, however the compression quality and CPU usage of the decoding is negligible.
in fact when sony unveiled the 2014 4K series at CES 2014 the demo sets was with a VP9 codec in "beta" version (you can find a post made by me with some pictures a lot of pages ago).. all of us we expected that it will be included in the definitive version of these tvs, but it's arrived only with this year series.. I think that our sets have the sufficient technology to support that codec, it's probably only a commercial choice from Sony, to push users to go with the new series instead the "old" one.. I'm pretty sure about that.... so they probably could add this codec, the problem is that they don't want..

BTW I often download 4K videos from YouTube (using 4K Video Downloader for Mac), and they can be played without problems via USB (and it's possible to confirm that they're in 2160p pressing the "info" button on the remote).. It's just less practicatl that an integrated YouTube 4K app..

TV: Sony KD-65A1 OLED
AVR: Denon X1400H - Speakers: Onkyo SKS-HT588 - 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos set
Multimedia: Xbox One X / Apple TV 4K / MySky HD - Humax ESi-160
Headset: Turtle Beach Elite 800X
mitico303 is offline  
post #6313 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitico303 View Post
in fact when sony unveiled the 2014 4K series at CES 2014 the demo sets was with a VP9 codec in "beta" version (you can find a post made by me with some pictures a lot of pages ago).. all of us we expected that it will be included in the definitive version of these tvs, but it's arrived only with this year series.. I think that our sets have the sufficient technology to support that codec, it's probably only a commercial choice from Sony, to push users to go with the new series instead the "old" one.. I'm pretty sure about that.... so they probably could add this codec, the problem is that they don't want..

BTW I often download 4K videos from YouTube (using 4K Video Downloader for Mac), and they can be played without problems via USB (and it's possible to confirm that they're in 2160p pressing the "info" button on the remote).. It's just less practicatl that an integrated YouTube 4K app..
Thank you for that information. I will bet that until standards are set for 4k streaming, Sony will push their 2015 VP9 sets for sale purposes. However once a standard is set and they are on their 2016 or 17 models, they wont care about sales and go ahead and upload a VP9 firmware update for the older sets..

I don't they wouldn't want to upset their customers to not buy sony in the future.
xbones is offline  
post #6314 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 09:19 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitico303 View Post
in fact when sony unveiled the 2014 4K series at CES 2014 the demo sets was with a VP9 codec in "beta" version (you can find a post made by me with some pictures a lot of pages ago).. all of us we expected that it will be included in the definitive version of these tvs, but it's arrived only with this year series.. I think that our sets have the sufficient technology to support that codec, it's probably only a commercial choice from Sony, to push users to go with the new series instead the "old" one.. I'm pretty sure about that.... so they probably could add this codec, the problem is that they don't want..

BTW I often download 4K videos from YouTube (using 4K Video Downloader for Mac), and they can be played without problems via USB (and it's possible to confirm that they're in 2160p pressing the "info" button on the remote).. It's just less practicatl that an integrated YouTube 4K app..
I've been reading alot on VP9 and HEVC. Looks like the Standard is HEVC and VP9 will become like VP8 where as youtube will have to broadcast both codecs to reach mainstream.

However, I came across this which states all X900b series have VP9 codecs...

https://davidsusilouncensored.wordpr...s2014-decoded/
xbones is offline  
post #6315 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
jxhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Google is working on vp10 right now. Cuts the bandwidth in half (vs vp9). Offers better dynamic range, wider color gamut, sharper image quality. Stb is probably the way to go. All TVs get obsoleted almost instantly and TV manufacturers like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jxhopper is offline  
post #6316 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 09:31 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxhopper View Post
Google is working on vp10 right now. Cuts the bandwidth in half (vs vp9). Offers better dynamic range, wider color gamut, sharper image quality. Stb is probably the way to go. All TVs get obsoleted almost instantly and TV manufacturers like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I guess that what blue-ray players are for They will support all the codecs and you can just plug into your HDMI 2.0.. However shure the fk makes smart-tvs a stupid idea as they can't keep up with technology...
xbones is offline  
post #6317 of 6558 Old 08-31-2015, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
jxhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I'm holding out for a steambox type solution that I can update the codecs myself... Haha suck it Sony.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jxhopper is offline  
post #6318 of 6558 Old 09-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Member
 
mitico303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbones View Post
I've been reading alot on VP9 and HEVC. Looks like the Standard is HEVC and VP9 will become like VP8 where as youtube will have to broadcast both codecs to reach mainstream.

However, I came across this which states all X900b series have VP9 codecs...

https://davidsusilouncensored.wordpr...s2014-decoded/
that's exactly what I was talking about.. in fact is a post from january 2014, but at the launch date these sets were unprovided of that codec, arrived only with the 2015 series..


Quote:
Originally Posted by xbones View Post
I guess that what blue-ray players are for They will support all the codecs and you can just plug into your HDMI 2.0.. However shure the fk makes smart-tvs a stupid idea as they can't keep up with technology...
and this is the reason I would like to go with a UHD Blu-Ray player with smart functions, and maybe with Android TV, this holidays..

TV: Sony KD-65A1 OLED
AVR: Denon X1400H - Speakers: Onkyo SKS-HT588 - 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos set
Multimedia: Xbox One X / Apple TV 4K / MySky HD - Humax ESi-160
Headset: Turtle Beach Elite 800X
mitico303 is offline  
post #6319 of 6558 Old 09-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Member
 
JWMGT90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there any authorized dealers that still have this model in stock?
JWMGT90 is offline  
post #6320 of 6558 Old 09-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMGT90 View Post
Are there any authorized dealers that still have this model in stock?
yeah, the one on Ebay is from Buydig, authorized dealer.. search slickdeals for sony 4k tv.
xbones is offline  
post #6321 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Member
 
choptalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by IraG 

Yes and no. Yes, all the active glasses will work on your new X900B (congrats, BTW), but no, they will not necessarily perform the same. I have 4 different models of Sony active 3D glasses, including a rather pricey titanium frame model (TDGBR750), but the best performing Sony glasses I have are the cheapest but newest PlayStation 3 3D glasses. The PS3 glasses have less 3D crosstalk and "ghosting" and are far less sensitive to head tilt. I would assume the glasses that came with your your X850A, W900A, and X900B are similar in performance to the PS3 glasses, though, so you should be fine. Are all your glasses the same model? That would be another way to answer your question.


I checked the box, they are all the same model 3D glasses. I took a pair from the X850A and tried them on the X900B. It looks like once the glasses are registered with a TV they will not register again with a different TV. So I can't swap them from TV to TV.
I bought this tv last week and I'm reading this thread page for page .

I'm only on page 32.

I keep ready post about people saying they plug in there glasses or charge them.

The glasses that came with my tv are the cheap plastic kind they give you at the movies.

Did Sony change the glasses they give you on the 900b lately?
choptalk is offline  
post #6322 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
mitico303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Italy
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by choptalk View Post
I bought this tv last week and I'm reading this thread page for page .

I'm only on page 32.

I keep ready post about people saying they plug in there glasses or charge them.

The glasses that came with my tv are the cheap plastic kind they give you at the movies.

Did Sony change the glasses they give you on the 900b lately?
can you take a picture of your glasses?

TV: Sony KD-65A1 OLED
AVR: Denon X1400H - Speakers: Onkyo SKS-HT588 - 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos set
Multimedia: Xbox One X / Apple TV 4K / MySky HD - Humax ESi-160
Headset: Turtle Beach Elite 800X
mitico303 is offline  
post #6323 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Member
 
choptalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitico303 View Post
can you take a picture of your glasses?
I'm not home but I will when I do get home.

They are just those cheap throw away types you get when you go to the movies.

Got my 79" 900B last week at best buy.

The glasses I got are not matching up with the descriptions that I'm reading In the first 40 pages of this thread
choptalk is offline  
post #6324 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
jxhopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The 79 is passive 3d

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jxhopper is offline  
post #6325 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Member
 
choptalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So the 79" is different 3d then the smaller ones?
choptalk is offline  
post #6326 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
schlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by choptalk View Post
So the 79" is different 3d then the smaller ones?
Yes. The 79" uses passive 3D which doesn't require powered glasses. The 65" and 55" use active 3d which requires the powered, rechargeable glasses.
schlick is offline  
post #6327 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 21,211
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1821 Post(s)
Liked: 3607
Moderator

several posts deleted

not here for the 2014 Sony models listed in the thread title? then please move on

thanks
mitico303 and JimSatala77 like this.

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
LG C9 OLED owner


markrubin is offline  
post #6328 of 6558 Old 09-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Senior Member
 
lgroveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs72 View Post
My apps are gone! Any idea? I tried to launch my amazon app and it didn't work. Then I saw the featured apps were missing and I looked at all apps. There were only like 5 apps. Any idea how I get them back?

Also any idea when 4k will be available on DirecTV?
VOD is available now but nothing exciting yet. Use Netflix and make sure you pay for the 4k, 4 user plan to get access. Just finished sense 8. Great series with unbelievable cinematography and really shows how nice 4k is. Almost all new Netflix series are being shot in 4k
lgroveman is offline  
post #6329 of 6558 Old 09-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Member
 
xbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just emailed sony support to see if they can get VP9 on the x900b's from last year. I'll let you know what they say.
xbones is offline  
post #6330 of 6558 Old 09-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Member
 
hirevn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Alaska
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just recieved my 79x900b 2 days ago, manufacture date on tag was July 2015 and had the latest firmware installed out of the box. Havent had much time to play with it but compared to my outgoing Mitsubishi diamond dlp this thing is amazing. The picture is fabulous and couldnt detect any kind of light bleed around the edges or any other issues with the picture so im very happy with it. Unfortunatly had to leave home for two weeks so it will be a while before i can start learning the menu and settings.

Can anyone tell me if the "DISPLAY" button on either the regular remote or using the touch pad remote on screen is suppose to bring up anything? going through the i-manual sure looks like the dispaly info should come up at the top of the screen but it dosent seem to do anything and you dont get the ding noise like you do with the other buttons that do bring up the controls. Not sure if i am doing something wrong or something is not turned on in settings or it isnt enabled for this tv model.

Also, is there a setting that has to be turned on/off for 4k upscaling or does the tv just do this automatically?
hirevn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off