Official Samsung UNxxH6350 Owners Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 149Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #871 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Member
 
BNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 View Post
Yes under movie or standard picture modes.
Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I changed the picture mode to Movie at the store, but the Advanced menu was still greyed out. I'm assuming the Samsung's also have the 2pt and 10pt grayscale adjustments as well?

Well darn, this actually complicates my decision instead of making it easier. LOL

Thanks again,
Brian B.

Electricity: Always take the path of least resistance. (If only life was so simple)
BNut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #872 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNut View Post
Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I changed the picture mode to Movie at the store, but the Advanced menu was still greyed out. I'm assuming the Samsung's also have the 2pt and 10pt grayscale adjustments as well?

Well darn, this actually complicates my decision instead of making it easier. LOL

Thanks again,
Brian B.
Yes, your assumption is correct, the H6350 series has the 2pt and 10pt grayscale adjustments.

If you want an ideal on how the CMS is laid out you can check out the picture setting page from cnet's review.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #873 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Member
 
BNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post
Yes, your assumption is correct, the H6350 series has the 2pt and 10pt grayscale adjustments.

If you want an ideal on how the CMS is laid out you can check out the picture setting page from cnet's review.
Venus, thanks for confirming.the grayscale adjustments on the Samsung and for sharing the link to the CNET review!

Take care,
Brian B.

Electricity: Always take the path of least resistance. (If only life was so simple)
BNut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #874 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Member
 
PetitSinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNut View Post
Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I changed the picture mode to Movie at the store, but the Advanced menu was still greyed out. I'm assuming the Samsung's also have the 2pt and 10pt grayscale adjustments as well?

Well darn, this actually complicates my decision instead of making it easier. LOL

Thanks again,
Brian B.
I was fairly happy with the adjustment options for calibration on the UN60H6350, as they are much better than my old LN40B650. I posted full calibration settings using an iDisplay Pro, HCFR, and AVSHD709 on post 685 of this thread. I was able to dial in a 10 point grayscale (100%@37ftl) and primary/secondary colors to within 3dE of the rec709 standard (D65 target). I would interested to see what kind of results you get.
PetitSinge is offline  
post #875 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SurfingMatt27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNut View Post
Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I changed the picture mode to Movie at the store, but the Advanced menu was still greyed out. I'm assuming the Samsung's also have the 2pt and 10pt grayscale adjustments as well?

Well darn, this actually complicates my decision instead of making it easier. LOL

Thanks again,
Brian B.
Well since you were probably in store mode which would lock out some settings so that explains it.
SurfingMatt27 is offline  
post #876 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Steelman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Does Samsung still offer an xtra 3 months, (in addition to their standard 12 months) of warranty when you register your new TV on their website? I can't find a link for it.
Steelman99 is offline  
post #877 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have a question about the 75" H6350.

What is the smallest width of stand I will need for the feet to sit on?

It looks like it sports a big footprint.
les_garten is offline  
post #878 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I have a question about the 75" H6350.

What is the smallest width of stand I will need for the feet to sit on?

It looks like it sports a big footprint.
detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 60"W x 14-13/16"D)

65-15/16"W x 38-1/4"H x 3-1/16"D (41"H x 14-13/16"D on stand)


per Crutchfield
les_garten likes this.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #879 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 16,415
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Two questions;
1. Does this series have non-defeatable software dimming? Not micro dimming, but full screen software dimming.
2. Is there a issue with non video sub-channels (channels with audio only) where they can't stay deleted? You delete it, but it keeps re-appearing in the channel list.

.
.
Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1975. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
videobruce is offline  
post #880 of 2467 Old 11-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post
Welcome to the Official 2014 Samsung UNxxH6350 Owner's Thread!!!

It is available in 65" 60" 55" 50" 48" 40" 32" sizes

4 HDMI ports, Clear Motion 240 and 120hz screen.
Great Display for Samsung UNxxH6350
bangdane is offline  
post #881 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I've been looking at the 50" 6350 and 6400. It looks like the 48" have the Samsung panels, but the 50" are a toss-up. Since I would probably be ordering online, would it be worth sacrificing the two inches of screen size to ensure getting a Samsung panel? Is the difference in quality that noticeable? Thanks.
Gmash is offline  
post #882 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 06:22 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post
Welcome to the Official 2014 Samsung UNxxH6350 Owner's Thread!!!

It is available in 65" 60" 55" 50" 48" 40" 32" sizes

4 HDMI ports, Clear Motion 240 and 120hz screen.
It's also available in 75"
Phileq is offline  
post #883 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Member
 
camps23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys picked up the UN75H6350 this week at Costco. Im wall mounting and setting up my surround sound today.
Scanning this thread I cant find the thread with the best picture configuration. Is there a sticky Im missing somewhere ?
Can someone post a link to the best settings for a dark theater room in a basement.
Thanks
camps23 is offline  
post #884 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone having Anynet+ HDMI control issues after doing the 2122 firmware update? I've owned the 55" for just over a month now, but after doing the upgrade on 11/26, the TV cannot find my Denon AVR-S700W receiver. I have done a factory reset on the TV, as well as toggle the HDMI control on/off on both devices, but still no luck.
bdiggity is offline  
post #885 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Member
 
pgrokkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by camps23 View Post
Hey Guys picked up the UN75H6350 this week at Costco. Im wall mounting and setting up my surround sound today.
Scanning this thread I cant find the thread with the best picture configuration. Is there a sticky Im missing somewhere ?
Can someone post a link to the best settings for a dark theater room in a basement.
Thanks
Can you give me some details when you have mounted. Picked one up from Costco as well but still 2 weeks away from unboxing and mounting. Posted this a few weeks ago but didn't see any replies:






Can someone tell me what the Wall Mount Adapter is?

Reading through user manual to get any details before wall mounting. I have a Monoprice low profile tilting wall mount that should work for this TV. Looks like its as simple as what I"ve done in the past, simply attach the 4 screws to the hooks, make sure the mount itself is bolted firmly into 2 beams and hang it up.

Given its bigger than I've had before, wanted to make sure:

-Can I use the screws that came with the TV (I assume the TV came with them) or should I use the ones that came with the Monoprice mount?

-The mount says 6 bolts - I usually use 4. Its rated up to 160lbs so I assume 4 should be fine for this TV. I usually hang from the mount for a couple of seconds just to make sure it can carry 200 plus lbs.

-Can I sue the monomprice provided bolts? I assume they are fine - worked for 50lb tvs in the past. This is only 20lbs heavier.

And lastly, what does the manual mean when it says before installing a wall mount, use the wall mount adapter which comes with a 65 inch plus tv. Am I reading that right? Is there something in the box that I need to put in between the monoprice hooks and the tv?
pgrokkos is offline  
post #886 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Steelman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Hmm, I'm getting a nag update message on my 55". Can I disable this?
Steelman99 is offline  
post #887 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman99 View Post
Hmm, I'm getting a nag update message on my 55". Can I disable this?
I have auto update set to off but my TV is persistent and letting me there is one. I get it everytime I turn my TV on. Yup, I'm a scaredy-cat - waiting for more reports from owners.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #888 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Steelman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post
I have auto update set to off but my TV is persistent and letting me there is one. I get it everytime I turn my TV on. Yup, I'm a scaredy-cat - waiting for more reports from owners.
I don't use the smart features so I am going to try just disconnecting from my network.


Update....Seems to do the trick ,no more nag screen.

Last edited by Steelman99; 11-30-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Steelman99 is offline  
post #889 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Senior Member
 
firebrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: des moines iowa
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got the 75 incher. Now whats the best wall mount?
firebrick is offline  
post #890 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Newbie
 
AndyLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by camps23 View Post
Hey Guys picked up the UN75H6350 this week at Costco. Im wall mounting and setting up my surround sound today.
Scanning this thread I cant find the thread with the best picture configuration. Is there a sticky Im missing somewhere ?
Can someone post a link to the best settings for a dark theater room in a basement.
Thanks
Did you get a UN75H6350 or UN75H6300 from costco? My Costco only had the 6300 and that is what they show online.

I've every happy with it.
AndyLL is offline  
post #891 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLL View Post
Did you get a UN75H6350 or UN75H6300 from costco? My Costco only had the 6300 and that is what they show online.

I've every happy with it.
I didn't think there was a difference?
les_garten is offline  
post #892 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Member
 
turkeylord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apologies in advance, I'm on module and can't figure out how to search the thread. I'm having trouble setting up my sister's Midco cable box remote to control the TV. Anyone know the code?

The remote is model UR5L-9020L-MID if that helps.

Thanks!
turkeylord is offline  
post #893 of 2467 Old 11-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Newbie
 
AndyLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I didn't think there was a difference?
Looking at the specs on Samsungs website I don't see a difference:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN75H6300AFXZA
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN75H6350AFXZA

I had thought the the 2014 model had a better remote but it seems to be the same.
AndyLL is offline  
post #894 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 12:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
Gmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
I've been looking at the 50" 6350 and 6400. It looks like the 48" have the Samsung panels, but the 50" are a toss-up. Since I would probably be ordering online, would it be worth sacrificing the two inches of screen size to ensure getting a Samsung panel? Is the difference in quality that noticeable? Thanks.
Any thoughts on this? Also, do these TVs have an MHL compatible HDMI?
Gmash is offline  
post #895 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Senior Member
 
ermghoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Hi everybody. I'm thinking of upgrading my venerable HLT5087SAX before its lamp dies. I kind of like the H6203/H6350 based on features and the current sale prices. I'd go 60"-65" to make it worth my while.

Don't particularly care about smart features, as my Bluray has that covered. Do not care at all about 3D, even in the theaters it adds nothing to my experience. I use a universal remote, so unless the TV's remote does something erotic, don't curr.

I went to Best Buy, they look pretty good, but I noticed that as each set scrolled through the tedious promotional reel, I noticed fairly pronounced pixels along slanted straight lines and rounded, sharply defined lines, such as bold lettering. This was not noticeable on a F5300 in the same aisle, which actually looked great in general, albeit dark compared to the surrounding kleig lights... errr, I mean LCD set to Store Mode. Also, they were playing a movie on a monumental (75"?) H6350 set in the same aisle, and even at the maximum 4-5' I could get away from it, it looked very good.

I've read the F5300 is dark enough that it makes hockey rinks look dirty, but it seems like a knockout value, especially given that it does not have features I won't use.

Do setting adjustments affect the pixelly look on H6xxx panels? Is this something anybody else has seen? Are there panel version controversies or other pitfalls to be aware of?

Should I just man up and buy a F8500 while they are still available? The jump from $700 to $1500 is pretty drastic, although I could stick to the same size I have now, and enjoy improved PQ for $1k, and my reading suggests there is not a better looking set in production, and there may not be for some time. Seems like a limited window to grab that kind of quality at that price point.

Should I wait for post-Superbowl sales and returns?
ermghoti is offline  
post #896 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BizarroTerl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose, CA USA
Posts: 1,827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
Got the 75 incher. Now whats the best wall mount?
Can't say which is the best. I have mine mounted with a Sanus vlf510 and it works well for me.
BizarroTerl is offline  
post #897 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Member
 
turkeylord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nevermind, I got it figured out. TV just wasn't powering off to confirm.
turkeylord is offline  
post #898 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
Hi everybody. I'm thinking of upgrading my venerable HLT5087SAX before its lamp dies. I kind of like the H6203/H6350 based on features and the current sale prices. I'd go 60"-65" to make it worth my while.

Don't particularly care about smart features, as my Bluray has that covered. Do not care at all about 3D, even in the theaters it adds nothing to my experience. I use a universal remote, so unless the TV's remote does something erotic, don't curr.

I went to Best Buy, they look pretty good, but I noticed that as each set scrolled through the tedious promotional reel, I noticed fairly pronounced pixels along slanted straight lines and rounded, sharply defined lines, such as bold lettering. This was not noticeable on a F5300 in the same aisle, which actually looked great in general, albeit dark compared to the surrounding kleig lights... errr, I mean LCD set to Store Mode. Also, they were playing a movie on a monumental (75"?) H6350 set in the same aisle, and even at the maximum 4-5' I could get away from it, it looked very good.

I've read the F5300 is dark enough that it makes hockey rinks look dirty, but it seems like a knockout value, especially given that it does not have features I won't use.

Do setting adjustments affect the pixelly look on H6xxx panels? Is this something anybody else has seen? Are there panel version controversies or other pitfalls to be aware of?

Should I just man up and buy a F8500 while they are still available? The jump from $700 to $1500 is pretty drastic, although I could stick to the same size I have now, and enjoy improved PQ for $1k, and my reading suggests there is not a better looking set in production, and there may not be for some time. Seems like a limited window to grab that kind of quality at that price point.

Should I wait for post-Superbowl sales and returns?
The F5300 is bright for a plasma but any light washes out the picture so be aware that it needs to be in a dark environment to enjoy/appreciate. Also the 60 in size has a pentile subpixel structure which you may find distracting at close distances.

As for the F8500 I think that ship may have sailed at least for the 51" and 60" sizes. They're listed on BB but not available in most areas.

Unless you'll be watching a lot of content that's as bad as the store feed I wouldn't worry about the issues you were noticing on the H6350. The Vizio M series will have better effective contrast but IMO the H6350 has a more natural looking picture.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #899 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 16,415
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLL View Post
Looking at the specs on Samsungs website I don't see a difference:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN75H6300AFXZA
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN75H6350AFXZA

I had thought the the 2014 model had a better remote but it seems to be the same.
You can't go by the manufactures stated 'specs'. I've seen too many that either list something the device didn't have or the opposite and not list features. Doesn't the 6300 use a IPS panel? If not that, then which one?

.
.
Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1975. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
videobruce is offline  
post #900 of 2467 Old 11-30-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
You can't go by the manufactures stated 'specs'. I've seen too many that either list something the device didn't have or the opposite and not list features. Doesn't the 6300 use a IPS panel? If not that, then which one?
No and VA

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off