Official Samsung UNxxH6350 Owners Thread - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 148Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1861 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
I'm looking at either the 75" version or a 70" of a different brand. Trying to decide if the additional 5" is really worth it. I sit around 12' away and currently have a 64". I'd consider 80" but I really don't want to sacrifice too much PQ going from a nice plasma unit.

Thoughts? By the way, I don't live in a city where I can go demo any of these TV's. Everything is a hour or more away to even look at one. I'll be ordering it online, when I do decide which one I want.
5" is a lot. Go where you can see the 75 right next to the 70. No brainer for me, huge difference. I didn't get the 80 because I didn't like the PQ as much.
les_garten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1862 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I recently purchased the 60" H6350 and I have to say, I am very disappointed after reading rave reviews. The black levels are horrible. Banding, artifacts in anything not brightly light. I have tried some of the suggested calibration levels online to mediocre success. I was watching game of thrones last night and there was a some dark scenes and I couldn't believe that this got such good reviews. I mainly watch my content through Apple TV. I tried watching a Blu Ray through my PS4 to see if it was a streaming service from Apple (even though I have never had an issue before) and it was the same with the Blu Ray. Please help. I assume I'm missing something. Maybe I got a bad set. I'm seriously considering returning this set and finding a plasma. I hate the fact that they have discontinued plasmas.
Iron oak is offline  
post #1863 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Member
 
n3vino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3vino View Post
This is a follow up to my first review. After three months of use, my UN55H6203, developed a pinkish tint. This was after the calibrations recommended on this thread. I called Geek Squad, (I have the protection plan), and he reset it back to factory settings, via remote. The tint was still there. He could not determine, what it was, so he ordered a main board, and placed a service call. They should be here on Saturday the 18th of April. What concerns me is that he had never seen that problem, and I'm afraid that they won't be able to repair it. Has anyone had this problem with any Samsung set? Does anyone know what the main board has to do with the quality or the calibration of the TV?

Thanks.
TV guys came in today, but they could not see a problem. I couldn't either. But it's seems to have come back. This is not a known problem. They did not replace the main board because they said that would not fix that problem if it existed. They knew about the pink screen, but not about a slight pinkish tint. I did switch the cables with my DVD player in a different input, but still there. He said if it came back to take a picture and call them back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150419_060703.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	674193  

Last edited by n3vino; 04-19-2015 at 05:50 AM.
n3vino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1864 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
venus933's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,405
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
I'm looking at either the 75" version or a 70" of a different brand. Trying to decide if the additional 5" is really worth it. I sit around 12' away and currently have a 64". I'd consider 80" but I really don't want to sacrifice too much PQ going from a nice plasma unit.

Thoughts? By the way, I don't live in a city where I can go demo any of these TV's. Everything is a hour or more away to even look at one. I'll be ordering it online, when I do decide which one I want.
I guess one downside could be that some older titles will start to look not so good at these larger sizes as the lower source quality will be exposed more. I guess if you don't have any interest in such titles or if you have a 2nd smaller TV this won't be an issue.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
venus933 is offline  
post #1865 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron oak View Post
I recently purchased the 60" H6350 and I have to say, I am very disappointed after reading rave reviews. The black levels are horrible. Banding, artifacts in anything not brightly light. I have tried some of the suggested calibration levels online to mediocre success. I was watching game of thrones last night and there was a some dark scenes and I couldn't believe that this got such good reviews. I mainly watch my content through Apple TV. I tried watching a Blu Ray through my PS4 to see if it was a streaming service from Apple (even though I have never had an issue before) and it was the same with the Blu Ray. Please help. I assume I'm missing something. Maybe I got a bad set. I'm seriously considering returning this set and finding a plasma. I hate the fact that they have discontinued plasmas.
I'd return it. Does it look the same as the one you saw where you bought it? The 60" could have a Sharp panel (HS01)
There should be a label on the side of the box that shows the panel code. There are test patterns you can run in the service menu.
Power off, mute, 1, 8, 2, power on
SVC
Test Pattern
Pattern SL
Enter then cursor right thru all the patterns
Power off & back on to exit
Rex Steinkuller is offline  
post #1866 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 06:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Randall.White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
I had a Vizio M series, 70 inch and sit about 11 ft away.
Was it the new Vizio? The non edge lit version. I take it Samsung PQ was alot better?
Randall.White is offline  
post #1867 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Randall.White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post
Each time I buy a new TV I go bigger, 32" to 50", 50" to 65", 65" to 73". When I replaced my 65" RPTV I went with a DLP 65", what I didn't realize was the difference in depth made the TV look smaller, I exchanged it for the 73".

This time around I'm not ready to jump on the 4k bandwagon and didn't feel like sinking $200 into my DLP to be repaired. I was contemplating a 80" Sharp but according to my research they are almost guaranteed to get white pixels at some point. This 75" sits a few inches farther back than my 73" did but oddly the 2" size difference actually looks larger than 2".

With that said go with the 75" it will make a difference especially at larger viewing distances. I'm at about 13ft and even though I've lost that immersive feeling long ago coming from my 73" DLP to this 75" is a new and better experience for me.
That's what I've done, 42 then 59 then 64 and then 43 for my game room.

Was looking at the 80" but can't seem to find one with good reviews..... This 75" only has a few complaints.
Randall.White is offline  
post #1868 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
primetimeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 4,745
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
Was it the new Vizio? The non edge lit version. I take it Samsung PQ was alot better?
2014 Vizio with full array local dimming. For me the better color, better motion processing and extra 5 inches trumped the better black levels of the Vizio. So they each have the pros and cons but for me the Samsung is much better.
primetimeguy is offline  
post #1869 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Randall.White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
5" is a lot. Go where you can see the 75 right next to the 70. No brainer for me, huge difference. I didn't get the 80 because I didn't like the PQ as much.
What 80" TV were you looking at?
Randall.White is offline  
post #1870 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
What 80" TV were you looking at?
Sharp, anything else was also getting over my budget. So the 75 6350 was the deal when it was under $2000
les_garten is offline  
post #1871 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Randall.White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Sharp, anything else was also getting over my budget. So the 75 6350 was the deal when it was under $2000
Where'd you find it for under 2k? Right now I can only find it for 2200 or so.
Randall.White is offline  
post #1872 of 2454 Old 04-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
les_garten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
Where'd you find it for under 2k? Right now I can only find it for 2200 or so.
I bought 2 of them during the Black Friday sale
les_garten is offline  
post #1873 of 2454 Old 04-19-2015, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
colour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 1,785
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
Where'd you find it for under 2k? Right now I can only find it for 2200 or so.
I had BB pricematch Sams club even though the model number is different. Costco also carries the same model as Sams, they are the same TV as the 6350.
colour is offline  
post #1874 of 2454 Old 04-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Senior Member
 
CTM Audi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron oak View Post
I recently purchased the 60" H6350 and I have to say, I am very disappointed after reading rave reviews. The black levels are horrible. Banding, artifacts in anything not brightly light. I have tried some of the suggested calibration levels online to mediocre success. I was watching game of thrones last night and there was a some dark scenes and I couldn't believe that this got such good reviews. I mainly watch my content through Apple TV. I tried watching a Blu Ray through my PS4 to see if it was a streaming service from Apple (even though I have never had an issue before) and it was the same with the Blu Ray. Please help. I assume I'm missing something. Maybe I got a bad set. I'm seriously considering returning this set and finding a plasma. I hate the fact that they have discontinued plasmas.
Sounds either defective or one of the poorer panels.


I picked up the 48", only comes with a Samsung panel at that size, and everything about it is better then my P series 50", except when the P series has local dimming on, it can sometimes get a little darker. When local dimming isn't doing anything or off, the h6350 has the better blacks.




Best buy seems to currently be clearing out all 14 model Samsungs. Got mine for $585 with the movers coupon.
CTM Audi is offline  
post #1875 of 2454 Old 04-19-2015, 05:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Steinkuller View Post
I'd return it. Does it look the same as the one you saw where you bought it? The 60" could have a Sharp panel (HS01)
There should be a label on the side of the box that shows the panel code. There are test patterns you can run in the service menu.
Power off, mute, 1, 8, 2, power on
SVC
Test Pattern
Pattern SL
Enter then cursor right thru all the patterns
Power off & back on to exit
Yes it's the HS01 panel. Which is weird because my father has a 60" sharp and he has no issues.
I'll try running some test patterns, thank you for the info. If I can't remedy the issue, I will be returning it.
Iron oak is offline  
post #1876 of 2454 Old 04-19-2015, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
theroys88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: midlothian, va
Posts: 2,009
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Steinkuller View Post
I'd return it. Does it look the same as the one you saw where you bought it? The 60" could have a Sharp panel (HS01)
There should be a label on the side of the box that shows the panel code. There are test patterns you can run in the service menu.
Power off, mute, 1, 8, 2, power on
SVC
Test Pattern
Pattern SL
Enter then cursor right thru all the patterns
Power off & back on to exit
All UN60H6350 sets have a Sharp panel.
theroys88 is offline  
post #1877 of 2454 Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Member
 
jlp0209's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey all, so here's an odd issue. Picked up a 55" H6350 last night at my local Best Buy, at $899, could not pass that up. It has a Samsung panel and to my eyes is flawless so far. The bezel on the right bottom of the screen is loose and I can't seem to pop it into place. You can't notice anything from viewing the TV from the front. If I look at the side / back I can see the LED lighting and some of the circuitry on the side of the TV. I called BB and asked if it is fixable if I brought it back in (don't want to risk getting a bad screen in an exchange) they said I should just return or exchange it. Problem is it is now out of stock at that store and most others nearby. My question is, is this an easy fix that I could do myself with the proper know-how, or should I just return it and I guess buy the new equivalent J series model on Amazon? Thanks

Last edited by jlp0209; 04-20-2015 at 09:23 AM.
jlp0209 is offline  
post #1878 of 2454 Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post
Hey all, so here's an odd issue. Picked up a 55" H6350 last night at my local Best Buy, at $899, could not pass that up. It has a Samsung panel and to my eyes is flawless so far. The bezel on the right bottom of the screen is loose and I can't seem to pop it into place. You can't notice anything from viewing the TV from the front. If I look at the side / back I can see the LED lighting and some of the circuitry on the side of the TV. I called BB and asked if it is fixable if I brought it back in (don't want to risk getting a bad screen in an exchange) they said I should just return or exchange it. Problem is it is now out of stock at that store and most others nearby. My question is, is this an easy fix that I could do myself with the proper know-how, or should I just return it and I guess buy the new equivalent J series model on Amazon? Thanks
Billy Mays says Mighty Putty! Freakin' green to white technology...
sjm989 is offline  
post #1879 of 2454 Old 04-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Member
 
jlp0209's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm989 View Post
Billy Mays says Mighty Putty! Freakin' green to white technology...
Interesting. Probably won't work in my case though. It is the side bezel. Looking at the right side of the TV it is fine toward the top and bulges out in the middle exposing some of the LED light when turned on, and then toward the bottom it is fine again. It's almost as if the side bezel is a bit warped is the best way to describe it. I will try to gently lay it down and pop the bezel into place but not optimistic. Also don't want to damage anything any further, so if after trying for a few minutes it doesn't work I may just pack it up and return. Thanks for the idea though.
jlp0209 is offline  
post #1880 of 2454 Old 04-20-2015, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
colour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 1,785
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post
Hey all, so here's an odd issue. Picked up a 55" H6350 last night at my local Best Buy, at $899, could not pass that up. It has a Samsung panel and to my eyes is flawless so far. The bezel on the right bottom of the screen is loose and I can't seem to pop it into place. You can't notice anything from viewing the TV from the front. If I look at the side / back I can see the LED lighting and some of the circuitry on the side of the TV. I called BB and asked if it is fixable if I brought it back in (don't want to risk getting a bad screen in an exchange) they said I should just return or exchange it. Problem is it is now out of stock at that store and most others nearby. My question is, is this an easy fix that I could do myself with the proper know-how, or should I just return it and I guess buy the new equivalent J series model on Amazon? Thanks

More than likely if won't pop back into place easily it won't at all. I would return it but check and see if BB warehouse has any in stock. None of the stores near me stocked the 75" but I drove to the warehouse and picked it up which isn't too far for me. I could have had it delivered but would have just taken longer.
colour is offline  
post #1881 of 2454 Old 04-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Member
 
n3vino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3vino View Post
TV guys came in today, but they could not see a problem. I couldn't either. But it's seems to have come back. This is not a known problem. They did not replace the main board because they said that would not fix that problem if it existed. They knew about the pink screen, but not about a slight pinkish tint. I did switch the cables with my DVD player in a different input, but still there. He said if it came back to take a picture and call them back.
Talked to GeekSquad and they are coming on Thursday to replace the main board and the strap that connects it. They said that they know of an issue like mine that was corrected by changing out the strap. I hope this fixes the problem on my UN55H6203. This set had a great picture before it developed the problem.
n3vino is offline  
post #1882 of 2454 Old 04-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
CatBus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Anyone seen this? On the built-in Netflix app, twice now I've had the movie show up really badly pink. The weird part is, the rest of the Netflix app's interface is fine. Even the fast-forward/rewind previews are not affected, even though they're superimposed over the otherwise pink screen. Turn the TV off and back on, and it's fine--and most of the time, it's fine the first time.

I figure it has to an app problem--it's never happened on any other source, and the FF/REW previews demonstrate that the set is capable of producing correct colors while the bug is happening. But I'm not seeing much in the way of complaints about it either. Is it just my set doing this? I've got the latest firmware, is there any way to see what's being worked on for new firmware?
CatBus is offline  
post #1883 of 2454 Old 04-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
CTM Audi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Little disappointed to find out its not 4:4:4 chroma. Got an Alienware Alpha to hook up to it, and text is awful.
CTM Audi is offline  
post #1884 of 2454 Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Randall.White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post
I had BB pricematch Sams club even though the model number is different. Costco also carries the same model as Sams, they are the same TV as the 6350.
I'm not a Sams club member so I couldn't see the price I tried having them pricematch from another site and they said no..... Not that I can't afford it, I just don't like paying full price for anything.
Randall.White is offline  
post #1885 of 2454 Old 04-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall.White View Post
I'm not a Sams club member so I couldn't see the price I tried having them pricematch from another site and they said no..... Not that I can't afford it, I just don't like paying full price for anything.
That sucks, when I purchased mine it was at full price but i asked them to price match costco's price. Long story short it took them forever to price match, it turns out they we price matching everywhere and told me the cheapest price was on amazon for 2200. I also used a 10% movers coupon i got from the post office so it came under 2k.
Spartacus! is offline  
post #1886 of 2454 Old 04-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Member
 
n3vino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3vino View Post
Talked to GeekSquad and they are coming on Thursday to replace the main board and the strap that connects it. They said that they know of an issue like mine that was corrected by changing out the strap. I hope this fixes the problem on my UN55H6203. This set had a great picture before it developed the problem.
It seems that the problem has been corrected. I don't know if the main board fixed it, or if it corrected itself. I do have to view Direct TV in the movie mode, which is no problem. I did do some calibrations on it, and it looks really good now.
n3vino is offline  
post #1887 of 2454 Old 04-27-2015, 07:32 PM
Member
 
Kalm_Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hmm my 6350 fairly frequently has a pink screen when I turn it on via the old Sony blu ray player's hdmi cec function. However, once the video connection resets (loading a movie for example) the pink is gone for the rest of the night. I have not seen the pink screen when just turning the TV on by itself though so I just figured there is some kind of funny handshake problem from the Sony waking the TV up.

What do you guys think? I have not contacted Samsung about this because it doesn't really bother me much and always goes away when the hdmi input resets.
Kalm_Traveler is offline  
post #1888 of 2454 Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kes601's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia Beach -- Lynnhaven
Posts: 1,619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Steinkuller View Post
Not sure, but let us know what panel was in it and what the new panel is.

A or M = AU Optronics (Chinese), T, U, or W = Samsung, and H = Sharp
32=TS01, 40=TS01, 48=TS01, 50=AH01, 55=TH01,UH02, 60=HS01, 65=AH01, 75=TH01
Well, finally got the panel replaced yesterday. Haven't had a chance to check the original box (in storage) and didn't get to look at the replacement box, but my eyes tell me I had a Samsung or Sharp at the beginning and the Optronics now. While it's nice to no longer have a bright white pixel in the middle of the screen, image is not nearly as sharp as it was. At this point I wish I had just gone for the $800 LG non-smart TV over this thing, image quality would have been about the same.
kes601 is offline  
post #1889 of 2454 Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Defective 65" 6350 ?

Just purchased the 65" 6350 with the AU panel from BB. Had it delivered, and hung it on the wall. Noticeable white areas in the top and bottom of the right hand side, and top of the left hand side during dark scenes.

Took the attached picture, and showed the guys at Best Buy, they said its definitely defective and are having a new one delivered for me.
This is only noticeable after it was hung, I watched a few movies on it with it on the floor and did not notice the problem. Also, if I flex the bezel in those areas it changes the white areas, so I'm wondering if hanging it has put some pressure onto those areas somehow. I have read to try loosening the screws at the back, but I am hesitant to try that in case it marks them, which may cause issues with the swap out.

Has anyone else had a set that does this?
imgur.com/gKviQbi
bombsquadtv is offline  
post #1890 of 2454 Old 04-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Member
 
rawrbington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What up everyone.
Thinking about picking up the UN65H6350 from walmart or BB. Is there anyway I can tell which panel type or manufacturer it has prior to purchase?

Also, at 1300$ is it a decent buy or wait on the 2015 models?
I honestly don't need any smart tv stuff since i have an HTPC. But it seems most decent tv's have them anyways.
rawrbington is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off