Official Samsung UNxxH6350 Owners Thread - Page 74 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 150Likes

post #2191 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post
Thanks greatly for the link theroys88, was a very informative read .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 05:41 AM

Hello all

I have a question on the IR Link that was supplied with the set.

Have been finding the remote connection to be a bit slack as for where the TV's IR receiver, an where I go in the room, there sometimes is a blocked path.

So tried using the IR extender part that came with the set an plugged it into the IR port on the back of the TV an placed it in a clearer spot for good reception, but it doesn't seem to have made a improvement.

So was just wondering if there was some other setup thing I needed to do?

Also to ask, for where I have the reception unit placed, its basically hanging straight down, IE the top of the disk is what I am pointing the remote to.

So is that the problem, do I need to have the side facing out?

Thanks for any help.
post #2193 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Grey View Post
It absolutely matters, the panel is for all intents and purposes the entire television, it's what displays the picture and regardless of what name is printed on the plastic bezel the H6350 uses panels provided by four different companies and only one of them is actually made by Samsung.

Either way, theroys88 answered the question. Thanks.
Ok let me clarify.. The product I purchased is a Samsung. If teh Samsung product I purchased comes with something other than a Samsung made screen well, Samsung is misleading people and they suck! So my point is, it should NOT matter what screen I have, cause the Samsung name should be throughout the unit. Especially the screen. This to me tells me more and more that I need to sell this dam thing and get a LG or a Sony. Why would I buy a Samsung to gte a totally different screen Samsung didnt even make?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2194 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
Have you adjusted brightness properly using a test pattern?
No... can you provide with me with a link to download this test pattern? Maybe it will help with the dark issue I have..

Thanks..
post #2195 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven View Post
Ok let me clarify.. The product I purchased is a Samsung. If teh Samsung product I purchased comes with something other than a Samsung made screen well, Samsung is misleading people and they suck! So my point is, it should NOT matter what screen I have, cause the Samsung name should be throughout the unit. Especially the screen. This to me tells me more and more that I need to sell this dam thing and get a LG or a Sony. Why would I buy a Samsung to gte a totally different screen Samsung didnt even make?
You better research to find out what is inside those LG and Sony TVs.

There is only a couple panel OEMs and they supply to all of the TV producers.
Lost_Mind likes this.
post #2196 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No... can you provide with me with a link to download this test pattern? Maybe it will help with the dark issue I have..

Thanks..
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...libration.html
post #2197 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Going downlod it right now and Ill get back with you.. this might help me out and change my opinion of the TV.. Thanks
post #2198 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I think it sucks... I have no clue how you guys can say its ok when we are all looking at it and cant see nothing in dark parts of movies. its too dark! Cant tell a shadow from dark piece of clothing.... Whatever panel i got, dont matter, it says samsung on it! LG, Sony, those tv's look better. On the same movie!
Maybe it's your settings. I'm using a Movie setting and it doesn't go all dark so you can't see anything. Any TV will look bad/good depending on how it's set up.
post #2199 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all,

Lately I've been having intermittent problems with my 6350 that was purchased almost 2 years ago. I have a samsung soundbar, a tivo and an xbox connected via ARC to my 6350.

Lately, after the tv has been on a few hours, if I change the volume or use any menu....the screen goes dark for several seconds. Tv doesn't turn "off", but i definitely noticed something "cycling". When I finally get a picture, there are no "source" options on the top. I noticed it when I was changing the volume while playing xbox on the "pc" input. I noticed again on input 1 for my tivo.

I unplugged everything from the sound bar, still happens. I disconnected tivo, happens when using xbox. disconnected xbox and used only tivo. still happens.

took out batteries from all remotes, thinking maybe there is something jamming a button in (like source), but I never see source on the top of the screen unless I specifically press it on the remote. It goes black, I can see it change to a slightly lighter black as it tries to "tune" back in. Sometimes picture will come up for a few seconds, then disappear then come back.

Think it's too coincidental to have ALL my hdmi cables go bad. Thinking there is a hdmi "handshake" problem somewhere within the set itself.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #2200 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchigantvfan View Post
Maybe it's your settings. I'm using a Movie setting and it doesn't go all dark so you can't see anything. Any TV will look bad/good depending on how it's set up.
True dat... Ill use the provided tools prime gave me and see how it all works out...
I JUST bought an older Marantz SR6003. I hooked everything up and wow! Im really surprised how good it sounds. The more I play around with this thing the more Im impressed. I got it to try out the Neural THX and the Circle Surround II formats. SO far they are really nice. Im downloading some 7.1 Master Movies to check that out. Ill get around to the video when The downloading is done...

Thanks a bunch for all yalls help...
post #2201 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can't see how to edit posts.

But regarding previous post, while the picture tries to lock in....the power/standby light in the lower right will blink on and off until the picture finally locks back in
post #2202 of 2473 Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
You better research to find out what is inside those LG and Sony TVs.

There is only a couple panel OEMs and they supply to all of the TV producers.
Well.... Maybe you are right.. But... I think what Im trying to say is,,, Samsung, LG , Sony.. whatever it is,,, they all have there own character "look"
I found that Samsung, all of them, have the darker picture. They do have a better picture quality than the usual Wal-Mart crap, but they also have the darker picture. So I decided to get this particular model because it has a special TV tuner that I can use to get Cable TV without the cable tv box! I still gotta pay for the cable channels but the tuner this thing has is pretty legit..

Aside from the suck ass menu and apps it has, its a nice tv. But it aint a LG or a Sony... We shall see if I can get it to look better by using the pattern thingy prime provided..
Thanks
post #2203 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I have a LG and a Toshiba set and have had several Sony sets and a Panasonic. All will tune QAM cable channels. As far as I know all sets these day will tune unscrambled cable channels. You need to calibrate the set using one of the recommended discs before passing on any judgements on your set. The goal is to maximize the picture quality of your set to your liking. Sometimes we as forum members, chase it like a rainbow.

Last edited by theroys88; 09-21-2015 at 06:30 AM.
post #2204 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Going downlod it right now and Ill get back with you.. this might help me out and change my opinion of the TV.. Thanks
Quick Q: I only have a DVD player; is it worth trying this (i.e. no blueray)?
post #2205 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo1 View Post
Quick Q: I only have a DVD player; is it worth trying this (i.e. no blueray)?
I would think you could load the .mp4 version onto a USB stick and try it that way.
post #2206 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I would think you could load the .mp4 version onto a USB stick and try it that way.
Great idea. What connecting PC to TV? Would that work better (i.e. more accurate)?
post #2207 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great idea. What connecting PC to TV? Would that work better (i.e. more accurate)?
That depends. Will you be using your PC for a lot of content? PC levels (0-255) are different than video levels (16-235) so settings won't translate across inputs. If you set your PC or video card for video levels then sure.
post #2208 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
So tried using the IR extender part that came with the set an plugged it into the IR port on the back of the TV an placed it in a clearer spot for good reception, but it doesn't seem to have made a improvement.
The device that comes with the TV is an IR blaster, not a reciever or an extender.
post #2209 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Grey View Post
The device that comes with the TV is an IR blaster, not a reciever or an extender.
Oh, OK.

Had to Google this as I didn't know what a Blaster was as apposed to a Extender, but seems like I get it now.

This device once all the programming steps in the TV's Universal Remote Setup section have been done is supposed to be place near or inline IR wise of a second device that I want the Samsung remote to control?

Am guessing that is why there is a second power button an other buttons for a STB on the remote.

Add: OK, just read through all the instructions an fully get this now.

Kinda did skim through those but thought that was just some other option of controlling stuff if that is what you wanted, via the input of this part. Although I guess now that I think of it that would be weird as how would it communicate, but as I said, as I wasn't looking into it, didn't think about it that much.

Last edited by WBFAir; 09-21-2015 at 02:52 PM.
post #2210 of 2473 Old 09-21-2015, 03:12 PM

Anyone got the OEM remote to work on other products (i.e. dvd, BR player, receiver, etc)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Oh, OK.

Had to Google this as I didn't know what a Blaster was as apposed to a Extender, but seems like I get it now.

This device once all the programming steps in the TV's Universal Remote Setup section have been done is supposed to be place near or inline IR wise of a second device that I want the Samsung remote to control?

Am guessing that is why there is a second power button an other buttons for a STB on the remote.

Add: OK, just read through all the instructions an fully get this now.

Kinda did skim through those but thought that was just some other option of controlling stuff if that is what you wanted, via the input of this part. Although I guess now that I think of it that would be weird as how would it communicate, but as I said, as I wasn't looking into it, didn't think about it that much.
post #2211 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 21
2139.6 is available - had to download manually & unzipped to thumb drive, took 10min. Auto update didn't work
The usual stuff:
Browser improvement
App performance
Improved stability (These descriptions haven't changed for the last 3 updates...lol)
post #2212 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 05:42 AM

Am pretty new to this set so I do know if this is the case, but does the Auto updater work (perhaps eventually) for this set, or do you always have to manually update it?

Guess goes without saying you would have to be sure you have a full time an working internet connction.
post #2213 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 05:51 AM

I have a question an sorry if its been discussed before, but is there a way to open the SmartHub to a full screen instead of the little box stuff to the lower left hand corner.

For the two other Samsung set I have, they are from the 5300 series, an when you open the SmartHub, it opens to nice full dedicated SmartHub screen with of a bunch of the apps all shown to be navigated through.

So is there anyway to get that, or is the way I first described the way they do things now and/or with this set?

Thanks for any help.
post #2214 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Anyone got the OEM remote to work on other products (i.e. dvd, BR player, receiver, etc)?
Well I can tell you I tried today with the Roku unit I had an that did not work. Although it did work somewhat for my STB. Details are below.

So first for the Roku thing an don't know if anyone has gone through the setup process, but will tell you how it went for me.

Setup things as per the instructions where I plugged in the Blaster to the IR Out of the TV, then placed its round part it in the direction shown, IE, cord entry side/back facing the front of the device an its IR rec. Also placed it 4" away like it says to do (yeah I measured).

Then went through the setup in the TV, an it first confirmed I had the Blaster installed, then basically I got to a point it was asking me for what kind of device I wanted to control, but only gave me three options, a Set-top-box, a Blu-ray player and a Home Theater System.

For me as the Roku has the most in common with features of a Blu-ray player, I choose that. Note: for my Harmony Remotes, the Roku is also under the Blu-ray category.

So after it then brought me to asking if the device was plugging into the TV, or a HTS, then once choosing TV, it brought me to a Brand list menu.

Which of these, the Roku was not listed naturally. Which also to note, I did try the other two categories, an wasn't listed there either.

But for all of these an at this point, there is a Brand search box option too, so I used that, an via the onscreen keyboard that came up, I input Roku, an when I pressed done, it came up with a check mark. Interesting point here, I did not in put an uppercase R...but it did.

So after that things move forward an I was brought to a menu to select the Input Source the device was plugged into, which I selected properly, then it brought me to a Control Test menu, of which "Function Test: Power" was the only choice (an already highlighted).

Bit of a note here: If you don't know, Roku's are all always on an there actually is no way to turn them off aside from unplugging them, which once plugged back in, they do a complete reboot. Is kinda like a PC. So the idea is to never turn them off.

So I tried this first option, an it then had a part on that screen that asked if the device turned on a off, an as I couldn't tell, I first said yes..an after was a exit or new setup screen, an with exit the setup was over.

So after all this I tested it an although the remote seem to make the TV's IR light blink, it did not work on my Roku

To point out, when I did the "Did it Power On/Off your device test/Yes or No" part an I would respond "No", it tried two more times, an for each of the following two, I tried saying "Yes" (with being sure to first delete any old one at the beginning), but after all was the same. Only reason I point that out is I suspect it is trying a dif group of codes.

Then after a third try at "No", it brought me to a Search for Model Number screen, to which I put in the exact Roku number, an that came up with a check mark too, an while after it called it a Roku, but that as well did not control the unit.

Anyway, know that was all long winded but thought I would put all that in there as I wonder if anyone might find something I did wrong?

Now for the second part to this story.

I did all the same things for my cable STB, an that did work.

Basically all it asked for during the test process was a channel up down approval, an then it worked.

Although will add that its functions seem limited to powering on the box, an changing its channels, although is hard for me to fully say as I am not using a 100% matching remote to my TV (thought I would be getting the right one today, but got sent the wrong model).

So I guess in conclusion unless someone else know more then me, I might say that, the system works, but could be limited to what code possibilities an for just what equipment it has in the TVs existing software (?), and or if it is going online to get codes, just what that has?

But it seems if its a device you might have that is not on its list, it won't do it at all, an even it is there, it does not control all things.

Is kinda funny as from what I have read of IF Blasters, they are just repeaters an should do all the native remote does an thus allows you to place the device out of site, with the blasters transmitter part placed near this device.

So one, I don't know if you can call this a 100% IR Blaster as while I did not discuss it, it def does not work with the native remote. Which I sort of understand an will admit, they never said it did. But two, it really only does certain things an works with certain stuff, so for that I would also not say its a full Blaster.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post, but thought I might as well give all info I found.

Last edited by WBFAir; 09-22-2015 at 10:26 AM.
post #2215 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 01:03 PM

I have 2 rokus that I don't even use anymore.
What apps do use them for that aren't on the smarthub?
I just use the standard Samsung remote.
I suppose if I had waited a few days maybe it would have autoupdated on it's own.
I have an attic antenna and I'm about 40 miles outside of Atlanta. No satellite or cable TV.
Just ethernet connected to 90Mbps Blast from xfinity. Hulu+, Amazon, MilkMusic, HSN & the Browser..
post #2216 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 01:27 PM

Is funny as the Rokus have tons of channels (2,000) I think now, an I actually have plenty of ones on there not on the hub, but I really mostly watch Fox News, an Plex is also my fav.

I know Plex is on the hub too, but for one this TV replaced my last CRT, so was kinda bound to the Roku for that. But even so, I like the Roku's way of using Plex anyway. Also just over all I feel they work nicer an quicker then the hub.

Also too if you didn't know, there are private channels for the Roku, basically from what I gather it's not hard to make a channel an get it on one. Which is why there are so many an new ones coming out all the time.

Which I don't think is possible with the hub's

Anyway, all in all the Rouks just seem like I can do more with them an offer more flexibility then the only what the hub can do thing.

But its nice to have it for the back up which is why I always get a Smart TV.

One thing I really like on these Smart's is how you can change the country code, which lets me watch channels from Ireland an in Gaelic to boot.

Btw just to mention, I use Logitec Harmonies on all my systems for the remote. Things are great an while a pain to setup if you really want to use them fully, once they are they are great to run an do everything from one remote. One's I have are rechargeable too, so haven't had to scramble for AAA's at the worst moment in years.
post #2217 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 03:02 PM

Yeah & google has tons of apps, 90% of which is [email protected]!
Try cast or miracast to a ROKU, ain't gonna happen!
Where's the browser?
Private channels...lol
If you like a particular one, let me know what it is!

You get your news from Fox!
I get mine from France24 ota on channel 26-4 it's in English 24/7 & commercial free.
If you had a browser you can also get at:
http://www.france24.com/en/

Last edited by Rex Steinkuller; 09-22-2015 at 03:26 PM.
post #2218 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Steinkuller View Post
Yeah & google has tons of apps, 90% of which is [email protected]!
Try cast or miracast to a ROKU, ain't gonna happen!
Where's the browser?
Private channels...lol
If you like a particular one, let me know what it is!

You get your news from Fox!
I get mine from France24 ota on channel 26-4 it's in English 24/7 & commercial free.
If you had a browser you can also get at:
http://www.france24.com/en/
A Roku is miles ahead of just about any smart tv in terms of apps and speed.

Not so much an argument to be had as a fact to be accepted.

I do agree that Fox news rots your brain.
primetimeguy likes this.
post #2219 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 04:12 PM

Think it's to each own.

Am really not trying to sell you on or anyone else on the Rokus.

For me they work an I like them, if others have other things they like an work for them. More power to them.

Will agree that a lot of the channels for Rokus are waists of time. But to its all what you consider is or not that too.

Like I said, I think its pretty easy to make one an anyone is fully able to do it an with very little cost, so is a great way aside from the internet to get info around.

An as you asked, will tell of a few other channels I like.

One is the APOA channel, which is nice to catch up on what's going on in aviation for me as I am private pilot. Then there is this channel I like called The Knowledge Network which runs some really nice science stuff. Then there even is this channel called Mullet which runs old 70-90s R&R band concert clips from bands like Black Sabbath an Aerosmith to even ELO an Fleetwood Mac that while it has a very amateur feel...still its there an has clips from about 40 great bands in there.

For one of probably the best private channels I would say is Nowhere TV which is one channel that leads to just a ton of channels in that one channel an many you will not find anywhere being streamed such as ones from NASA an many main stream sources like CBS an clips from many of the late shows, to even White House Press briefings.

Then for back to the main channels there is supposed to be a NFL channel getting opened up so that if you are on GamePass, you can watch every game there is, including the Superbowl.

Heck will even tell you of how they have for screen savers one option that runs a digital clock, that for me I love as can let that run as my snooze system in the morn, an then just peak open my eyes an see a big display on my TV of just how late I am for work.

So there really is tons on there if you spend the time to look around.

But as said, is all what you like an for me I kinda went the Roku route an have learned how to use it well an just find it has lots to offer an all from the comfort of one remote an my TV.

Certainly is not my only way I connect to things, but is one of the great ones for me.

But if there things that work for others an they like them better, then it's all good.
post #2220 of 2473 Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
I do agree that Fox news rots your brain.
Ha, not every one likes them I know, but part of the trick is knowing where the people for each one of the shows is coming from, some are more right wing then others.

Not that I have a issue getting as right wing as you can.

But at the end of the day I will still hear about stuff that the others def will leave out as most others are way out left an liberal agenda people, an those types are hands down ten times more manipulating of information then anyone...its their bread an butter. But in then end I rarely find I miss anything that is worth knowing with Fox.

Just gotta know what an who to listen to an disregard the personal stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page