AVS Forum banner

Official Samsung UNxxH6350 Owners Thread

343K views 2K replies 478 participants last post by  morpheousx 
#1 ·
Welcome to the Official 2014 Samsung UNxxH6350 Owner's Thread!!!

It is available in 65" 60" 55" 50" 48" 40" 32" sizes

4 HDMI ports, Clear Motion 240 and 120hz screen.

#3 ·
Can one of you guys answer a couple questions for me? I love the sound of this series, and it looks like a great fit for my application, except for one thing: I'm not interested in any of the "smart" TV features. Like many of us, I'll be hooking it up to a receiver, using a single HDMI input, and I'll never change it. For streaming, I'll use an AppleTV.

How was is it to overlook the smart TV features of this series? Also, any drawback to using a Harmony remote as opposed to Samsung's included remote?

Thanks in advance.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalvani  /t/1524487/official-samsung-unxxh6350-owners-thread#post_24547727

Can one of you guys answer a couple questions for me? I love the sound of this series, and it looks like a great fit for my application, except for one thing: I'm not interested in any of the "smart" TV features. Like many of us, I'll be hooking it up to a receiver, using a single HDMI input, and I'll never change it. For streaming, I'll use an AppleTV.

How was is it to overlook the smart TV features of this series? Also, any drawback to using a Harmony remote as opposed to Samsung's included remote?

Thanks in advance.

I, myself, would not look for TVs specifically that are "non smart" TVs. By doing that you take a TON of options off the table because smart TVs are becoming the standard. If you choose not to use the smart features of the tv that's fine, but I would not avoid the tv because it has the smart features.

As far as using a harmony remote, I see no reason why this would be a problem. The remote does have a couple TV specific buttons, but you can program these to the harmony remote as any button you want or make them soft buttons.

#7 ·

Quote:
 I, myself, would not look for TVs specifically that are "non smart" TVs. By doing that you take a TON of options off the table because smart TVs are becoming the standard. If you choose not to use the smart features of the tv that's fine, but I would not avoid the tv because it has the smart features.
Thanks, yeah, I worded my question poorly, I guess. I'm not looking for a "non smart" TV per se, but one where it's easy to not use or disable the "smart" features. 

Eg. I've heard of TVs that advertise at you, that encourage you to use their interface to tweet while watching, etc. I don't want any of this. I can't think of a way to be more specific, so I'll assume it's going to be largely up to personal preference. I'll order one and check it out. Seems like those who own the TVs, currently, are very happy with them. 

#8 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up a UN65H6300A at Costco in the SF bay area. A few questions if you can:

1. From all appearances this model is same as the H6350. Can anyone confirm or deny that? There's precious little information anywhere about the H6300. In fact, Apps functionality doesn't even work yet as apparently Samsung's servers aren't ready.

2. My local Costcos only have 65" and 55" in this model. I'd prefer a 60" for my space. Anyone know if a 60" will be available thru Costco? I prefer to buy through them for the hassle factor.

3. More of a general question for late model Samsung owners: Is there a technique for changing TV settings using a universal remote? I use a receiver for all inputs and for example I'd like to switch the TV to Game Mode when I select the game console's input on the receiver. Do any universal remotes have backdoor codes or anything for settings, or do people just program up the menu navigation? Any pointers here would be appreciated. I haven't explored the Samsung's universal remote functionality yet.

FWIW, my first impression of the H6300 is quite positive. I had to turn off the auto-brightness because it got it totally wrong. It kept dimming the picture way down in my bright room with the TV between windows on the same wall. Once I turned off the auto backlight, motion interpolation, and set the picture to "Standard", I tweaked brightness and backlight manually, and it looks pretty good to my eyes. Haven't done much night-time viewing yet. Caveat: I'm a totally untrained video enthusiast. My eyes are little less calibrated to color issues but highly sensitive to detail, resolution, artifacts, motion, judder. Last TV was a 3yo smaller Samsung LED which I liked pretty well.

Thanks in advance.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesToEmpty  /t/1524487/official-samsung-unxxh6350-owners-thread#post_24552030

Doing a compare at the Samsung page, looks like some of the Smart features arent there.

Heres a link to the product page, I was also eying it at $1150 for the 55. Looked like it had better blacks then the LG LB6100 I picked up.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55H6300AFXZA

I swear that series wasn't on the site yesterday. Thanks for the link!

Edit: After looking at it, the spec differences that emerge from comparing the 6350 and the 6300 seem to just be data inconsistencies.

#20 ·

Hello everyone.

A new owner of a Samsung 40" 6350 model for my upcoming man cave. I have a question as I originally purchased one from a club store in late March but then this week I was in an electronic store and saw the 6350 model but the bezel was much thinner than mine. Curious I notice the model I have is UN40F6350 versus the UN40H6350 I see at the electronic store. Further research showed the F is for a 2013 model and H is for a 2014 model. I look on the back of my F model and it shows it was manufactured in April 2013.

So I return the UN40F6350 model to the club and pick up the UN40H6350 model from the electronic store (had a 10% new move coupon to make even sweeter :). The new model was manufactured in February 2014 and the bezel is really nice and thin.

How did I get the first one made in April 2013? I thought the 6350 model is new for 2014?

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euripides69  /t/1524487/official-samsung-unxxh6350-owners-thread#post_24591511

Hello everyone.

A new owner of a Samsung 40" 6350 model for my upcoming man cave. I have a question as I originally purchased one from a club store in late March but then this week I was in an electronic store and saw the 6350 model but the bezel was much thinner than mine. Curious I notice the model I have is UN40F6350 versus the UN40H6350 I see at the electronic store. Further research showed the F is for a 2013 model and H is for a 2014 model. I look on the back of my F model and it shows it was manufactured in April 2013.

So I return the UN40F6350 model to the club and pick up the UN40H6350 model from the electronic store (had a 10% new move coupon to make even sweeter :). The new model was manufactured in February 2014 and the bezel was really thin.

How did I get the first one made in April 2013? I thought the 6350 model is new for 2014?
The F6350 was a club and small retail exclusive, Big box store carried the F6300 version of the set. This year it seams that Samsung has released the H6350 to all retail chains. The H6350 is a better display if you use the smart hub and streaming features with it's quad core processor and improved interface. I want the H7150, but if it isn't an improvement over the F7100 from last (micro dimming vs MDimming PRO) I may opt for the H6400.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein  /t/1524487/official-samsung-unxxh6350-owners-thread#post_24591588

The F6350 was a club and small retail exclusive, Big box store carried the F6300 version of the set. This year it seams that Samsung has released the H6350 to all retail chains. The H6350 is a better display if you use the smart hub and streaming features with it's quad core processor and improved interface. I want the H7150, but if it isn't an improvement over the F7100 from last (micro dimming vs MDimming PRO) I may opt for the H6400.

Thanks for the quick reply Dr.Shankenstein.

Going to use the settings from the link posted by Zygon later tonight.

#23 ·
Hmmm..........hate that it's almost an inch thicker than the F6300, love the faster processor and thinner bezel. Checked it out at Best Buy today, very nice!

#25 ·
I do find the lower chrome bezel distracting. Not a dealbreaker for me, but distracting none the less. Infinitely more disturbing is the fact that NONE of the apps work on this TV (UN48H6350 purchased 4/4/14) and with a week of working with Samsung on a fix (DNS reset, smarthub reset, tv reset, remote management reset - some of these things more than once) this TV is still not smart...Samsung's next fix: replacing the motherboard. Can anyone confirm that ANY of their apps are working on this TV? Any opinions on Samsung's currently proposed fix (while we are waiting on the part...)? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.