**Official Samsung UHD Curved UNxxHU9000 Owners Thread ** - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3091Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Sorry about the double post, phone is a little quirky... got both tvs from Crutchfield, and took advantage of the 60 day return policy... wanted to like the 900a, but wasn't ready for prime time in my book, you know what I mean...

dr0z77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
MGTR420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Well guys, Geek Squad is replacing my 55X900A and I had the opportunity to pick out any TV I wanted, just had to pay the difference. As of today, I will be a proud owner of the Samsung 65HU9000 this Saturday. Very excited for the TV. I will make sure to post pictures.
dr0z77 and AGUSTINFOREVER like this.
MGTR420 is offline  
post #33 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Member
 
AGUSTINFOREVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank U for the nice unboxing , Please , tell us about the PurColor ( some of us think It's like Triluminos , Are we wrong ? ) , Did you notice some backlight issues on your tv ? ( Don't forget to set the cinema black feature at medium before taking some more pics ) .
AGUSTINFOREVER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGTR420 View Post

Well guys, Geek Squad is replacing my 55X900A and I had the opportunity to pick out any TV I wanted, just had to pay the difference. As of today, I will be a proud owner of the Samsung 65HU9000 this Saturday. Very excited for the TV. I will make sure to post pictures.

Welcome to fame of curved TVs... you will love it, I hope. .

dr0z77 is offline  
post #35 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tigerfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Does the stand swivel?
tigerfan33 is offline  
post #36 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hidefpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post

Long nite fellas, but as promised some pics.. These pics show the quality in the packaging done by Samsung which shows you purchased a high end product. ..



The packaging reminds me of the OPPO BD players boxing method (very nice).....BTW thanks again for the pics.

P.S. What are the approximate dimensions of the one connect box? Guessing from the photo (2"H X 7"D x 14" L)?????

Thanks

Paul
dr0z77 likes this.

7.1.4 Home Theatre
LG 65" C8 OLED
Samsung HW-N950 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS-X System
hidefpaul is offline  
post #37 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
img eL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
So you don't have Netflix?
img eL is offline  
post #38 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post

Does the stand swivel?

Negative tigerfan33... I was commenting to my wife, that I think the last Samsung TVs to swivel were the D series..

dr0z77 is offline  
post #39 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidefpaul View Post

The packaging reminds me of the OPPO BD players boxing method (very nice).....BTW thanks again for the pics.

P.S. What are the approximate dimensions of the one connect box? Guessing from the photo (2"H X 7"D x 14" L)?????

Thanks

Paul

Pretty close measurements, 4 1/2"W × 14 1/2"L × 1 1/2"D

dr0z77 is offline  
post #40 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGUSTINFOREVER View Post

Thank U for the nice unboxing , Please , tell us about the PurColor ( some of us think It's like Triluminos , Are we wrong ? ) , Did you notice some backlight issues on your tv ? ( Don't forget to adjust the cinema black feature on medium before taking some more pics ) .

Cinema black has only on and off. I saw in a review of the U.K 8500 that they recommended setting it at medium. It must be unique to their model.
jbug is offline  
post #41 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by img eL View Post

So you don't have Netflix?

It does and in 4K for House of Cards... Instead of HD it says Ultra HD for that show...
ANEWMadrid likes this.

dr0z77 is offline  
post #42 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Still no call from Pilot yet. The tracking says "picked up". Been stuck that way for past 24hrs. It also says origin and destination are my home city which makes sense cause a lot of electronics ship out of my area. I've ordered electronics before and receive it the next day. Just chomping at the bit that's all. rolleyes.gif

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
al210 is offline  
post #43 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tigerfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post

Negative tigerfan33... I was commenting to my wife, that I think the last Samsung TVs to swivel were the D series..

Thanks!
What exactly does the auto depth enhancer and wide color enhancer feature do?
tigerfan33 is offline  
post #44 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Member
 
seansingh7326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is there a setting in the menu for auto depth enhancer? Some of the pictures modes from samsung have had different setting available in the past, but I think standard mode has all the picture enhancements.
seansingh7326 is offline  
post #45 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

Is there a setting in the menu for auto depth enhancer? Some of the pictures modes from samsung have had different setting available in the past, but I think standard mode has all the picture enhancements.

Nope. One reviewer said he wished there was one so he could compare. Here are some pictures I took:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Joneszilla and Rf13 like this.
jbug is offline  
post #46 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69


Pic I took of a game I recorded on Direct TV... I too am curious about the auto depth enhancer and pur color features... maybe they r activated by themselves I guess
Joneszilla likes this.

dr0z77 is offline  
post #47 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Member
 
AGUSTINFOREVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post



Pic I took of a game I recorded on Direct TV... I too am curious about the auto depth enhancer and pur color features... maybe they r activated by themselves I guess

Indeed It is , you can't desactivate the auto depth enhancer feature . What about clouding and flashlighting , please ? . Did you notice some uniformity issues ? . Thank u .
AGUSTINFOREVER is offline  
post #48 of 10294 Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
PDDUFRENE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: louisiana
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post



Pic I took of a game I recorded on Direct TV... I too am curious about the auto depth enhancer and pur color features... maybe they r activated by themselves I guess
Geaux Tigers!! Lol, the picture looks excellent and you really can't tell it's curved from the photo. I'm currently waiting on reviews as well as you guys input, to decide whether are not to purchase this set.
PDDUFRENE is offline  
post #49 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
zAndy12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Scunthorpe, Nth Lincs, UK
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr0z77 View Post



Pic I took of a game I recorded on Direct TV... I too am curious about the auto depth enhancer and pur color features... maybe they r activated by themselves I guess

You see I look at that picture and to me it looks like the centre of the screen at the top is lower than the rest of it, it's obviously an optical illusion and perhaps exaggerated on the photo, does it seem that way when watching it?
dr0z77 likes this.
zAndy12 is offline  
post #50 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by zAndy12 View Post

You see I look at that picture and to me it looks like the centre of the screen at the top is lower than the rest of it, it's obviously an optical illusion and perhaps exaggerated on the photo, does it seem that way when watching it?

Good observation zAndy12... and to be totally honest with you, with that pic you see the curve, but while watching the tv, it doesn't look like that, however, keep focusing on it and it begins to look exactly as u described it...hopefully that makes sense.. any other owners care to chime in

dr0z77 is offline  
post #51 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Martinuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post


Nope. One reviewer said he wished there was one so he could compare. Here are some pictures I took: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]N05/

 

it looks good black, picture is obvious not the real deal. Can you say something about that? is black really black?

Martinuz is offline  
post #52 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 04:10 AM
Newbie
 
SKTazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

So I was at Best Buy yesterday checking out the 65 HU9000.  as others posted I did see a lot of reflection however at front of Magnolia section with the overhead lights that is to be expected.  at the back of that area was an 55" Samsung OLED and that tv was so reflective that it was too distracting to see the picture so I am happy with what I saw on the HU9000.

 

That being said, while I was there a tech was rewiring the external speakers he had hooked up and was complaining to another tech that the One Connect box was so hot to the touch that he was afraid it would cause a fire.

 

This comment abviously concerned me.  Has anyone else who got the TV noticed this?  Maybe it was because the box was kept inside the entertainment center with a closed door and should have had more ventilation?

 

Curious to see what others see.

SKTazz is offline  
post #53 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTazz View Post

So I was at Best Buy yesterday checking out the 65 HU9000.  as others posted I did see a lot of reflection however at front of Magnolia section with the overhead lights that is to be expected.  at the back of that area was an 55" Samsung OLED and that tv was so reflective that it was too distracting to see the picture so I am happy with what I saw on the HU9000.

That being said, while I was there a tech was rewiring the external speakers he had hooked up and was complaining to another tech that the One Connect box was so hot to the touch that he was afraid it would cause a fire.

This comment abviously concerned me.  Has anyone else who got the TV noticed this?  Maybe it was because the box was kept inside the entertainment center with a closed door and should have had more ventilation?

Curious to see what others see.

Yes the box does get warm, but it does not feel likes it's about to catch fire
SKTazz likes this.

dr0z77 is offline  
post #54 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTazz View Post

So I was at Best Buy yesterday checking out the 65 HU9000.  as others posted I did see a lot of reflection however at front of Magnolia section with the overhead lights that is to be expected.  at the back of that area was an 55" Samsung OLED and that tv was so reflective that it was too distracting to see the picture so I am happy with what I saw on the HU9000.

That being said, while I was there a tech was rewiring the external speakers he had hooked up and was complaining to another tech that the One Connect box was so hot to the touch that he was afraid it would cause a fire.

This comment abviously concerned me.  Has anyone else who got the TV noticed this?  Maybe it was because the box was kept inside the entertainment center with a closed door and should have had more ventilation?

Curious to see what others see.

Mine is on the stand with the TV. I put my hand on it the other day and it was not warm at all. I'll keep an eye on that. Anybody getting a Samsung in the near future, make sure the delivery guys follow procedure when putting your stand on, etc. The instructions say leave the styrofoam on the front of the TV screen when you lay if face down to protect it when attaching it to the stand and to leave the wrappings on the front so as not to leave finger prints. In the past, I've seen delivery guys go from duh to expert and speaking for myself, I care about every step being done right. It's peace of mind.
dr0z77, al210, Joneszilla and 1 others like this.
jbug is offline  
post #55 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Mine is on the stand with the TV. I put my hand on it the other day and it was not warm at all. I'll keep an eye on that. Anybody getting a Samsung in the near future, make sure the delivery guys follow procedure when putting your stand on, etc. The instructions say leave the styrofoam on the front of the TV screen when you lay if face down to protect it when attaching it to the stand and to leave the wrappings on the front so as not to leave finger prints. In the past, I've seen delivery guys go from duh to expert and speaking for myself, I care about every step being done right. It's peace of mind.

Thanks jbug. I'll make sure this step happens when mine arrives. repped !
jbug likes this.

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
al210 is offline  
post #56 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bill Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 1,315
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I've seen that comment before about the Connect box with the F9000, but when I felt the box on the display TV at Magnolia it was warm but not that hot. It only has to be 140F (WAY, WAY below any ignition point) before you cannot keep your finger on it for more than a few seconds, and I could still hold my hand on this one, so it was below that temp.

LG 65LA9650 (upgraded), Onkyo TX-RZ720
ADS L520 fronts, JBL L8400P sub, BIC Acoustech PL-26 center, Mirage Omnisat V2 surrs
NVIDIA Shield Android TV box
JVC HM-DH30000U
Sony UBP-X800
Bill Ball is offline  
post #57 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 136
There are two many threads for the 2014 Samsung UHD sets. At this point only two are needed, one for the 8500 and another for the 9000. I'm trying to find out from Samsung if the 2013 3D glasses are compatible with the 2014 TVs but I didn't have any success finding someone at Samsung who knows. Anybody run across an info on this?
jbug is offline  
post #58 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
ANEWMadrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

There are two many threads for the 2014 Samsung UHD sets. At this point only two are needed, one for the 8500 and another for the 9000. I'm trying to find out from Samsung if the 2013 3D glasses are compatible with the 2014 TVs but I didn't have any success finding someone at Samsung who knows. Anybody run across an info on this?

Model SSG-4100GB glasses work fine.
dr0z77 likes this.
ANEWMadrid is offline  
post #59 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Mine is on the stand with the TV. I put my hand on it the other day and it was not warm at all. I'll keep an eye on that. Anybody getting a Samsung in the near future, make sure the delivery guys follow procedure when putting your stand on, etc. The instructions say leave the styrofoam on the front of the TV screen when you lay if face down to protect it when attaching it to the stand and to leave the wrappings on the front so as not to leave finger prints. In the past, I've seen delivery guys go from duh to expert and speaking for myself, I care about every step being done right. It's peace of mind.

My wife noticed to put to stand on that way... it pays to read instructions

dr0z77 is offline  
post #60 of 10294 Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Member
 
dr0z77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ft hood, texas
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANEWMadrid View Post

Model SSG-4100GB glasses work fine.



To piggyback off a little bit what you said anewmadrid, this pic show glasses from last year f8500 plasma and this year's hu9000... just the writing on the back is different, you should be good 2 go with last year's model.

dr0z77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off