Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #3541 of 5363 Old 02-02-2015, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitsone View Post
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger and getting a 7150 model this week. I'm looking for a good 65" size tv but can't
seem to decide on what model tv. I just want a LED with good black levels, good 3D and great picture. Would love to get a 65" Plasma but not paying over 3K for non4KTV. So close on this tv but keeping hearing and reading about weird issues. So I'm guessing I need to make sure I buy at TH01 panel? When buying one how can you tell which screen version is the Samsung, does it say TH01 on the side of the box or what if you go in best buy or somewhere and they keep there stock in there storage room and wheel out a model that is not TH01 version? How do I ensure I get that version? If someone has a different tv suggestion let me know. Whats while I saw a 70" Vizio P 4K model in the store that surprisingly had a great picture, I guess I've never paid attention to the Vizio TV's, but what sucks is I have Direct TV and Netflix so if the TV is not Samsung 4K I can't take advantage of the 4K option getting a Vizio.
If you're looking for good 3D, you might be disappointed. I recommend having a store demo it to you first before settling. The easiest thing to do: open the menu -> support -> self diagnosis -> 3D picture test. Decide if that level of crosstalk is okay with you.

Given the relatively few replies about this issue, I'm assuming most people on this thread don't use the 3D extensively. I was very disappointed with the 3D, given the glowing reviews, but my standards are probably impossibly high (my previous and only other 3D TV was a DLP rear projector).

It's also possible the unit's defective. Karnis is having a tech look at his TV tomorrow; hopefully we'll hear some good news then. I have a tech coming on Friday for the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 5363 Old 02-02-2015, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyst0pia View Post
If you're looking for good 3D, you might be disappointed. I recommend having a store demo it to you first before settling. The easiest thing to do: open the menu -> support -> self diagnosis -> 3D picture test. Decide if that level of crosstalk is okay with you.

Given the relatively few replies about this issue, I'm assuming most people on this thread don't use the 3D extensively. I was very disappointed with the 3D, given the glowing reviews, but my standards are probably impossibly high (my previous and only other 3D TV was a DLP rear projector).

It's also possible the unit's defective. Karnis is having a tech look at his TV tomorrow; hopefully we'll hear some good news then. I have a tech coming on Friday for the same thing.
I have to disagree. I found the 3D very enjoyable on my 75 inch set. Compared to many TV's, and found out this came out on top. I use it often, just recently purchase a bunch of goodies from filmed in 3D movies, to conversions.

I'd love to get my hands on a Blu Monster's Ball.-LilStinky

Refering to a possible release of said movie on BD LOL
post #3543 of 5363 Old 02-02-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urza View Post
I have to disagree. I found the 3D very enjoyable on my 75 inch set. Compared to many TV's, and found out this came out on top. I use it often, just recently purchase a bunch of goodies from filmed in 3D movies, to conversions.
Got a favor to ask of you. Could you please open your 3D menu, put the perspective at +1, and see if it looks better than what I'm getting (attached, see to the left of the "+1")? I've been trying to find out if my set has problems, or if my standards are too high. It's really distracting to me. I haven't been able to enjoy any of my 3D content, which is why I'm now considering returning this and switching to DLP front projection.

I first tested my set using my How to Train Your Dragon 3D Blu-ray, and a lot of the scenes which were amazing on the DLP (e.g., open flight) had very bad ghosting all over the place. Even the self-diagnosis picture is not satisfying to me (particularly, bad crosstalk at the edge of the hair on the bottom right).

ETA: Just to be clear, that's a picture through one of the lenses of the glasses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150128_005145.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	520857  

Last edited by dyst0pia; 02-02-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3544 of 5363 Old 02-02-2015, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked up the UN55H7150 a little over a month ago at Brandsmart for $1000. It replaced my 5 year old Sony KDL46S504 LCD. The picture is much better than my old TV.

There are 2 problems. The Smarthub seems to crash, freeze, etc a lot. I consistently get 50-60 mbps with my Xfinity internet, so I don't believe that is the problem. Many times I have to unplug the TV to get it working again.

I also get some crosstalk with the 3D. Though I can sometimes adjust the picture setting to make it mostly go away.

Even with those 2 issues I still think it was worth it. I'm still looking for some calibration setting for the 46". I'm on page 21 of this thread, so I still have a bit of reading to do.
post #3545 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post
It's not the job of the Smart Hub to refresh the files. That's entirely your NAS's responsibility. The TV just displays what it's told to display.
Yes but my WD TV Live streamer can find all the files, even the most recently downloaded ones. Al I need to do is press home button and go the share where files are downloaded. Problem with smart hub is, you cannot restart it or press home tocheck for new files. That just happens at a certain period or unknown action. If you could restart smarthub it would probably fix this problem.
Btw, I use source button and then go directly to NAS which is one of the source options at the top of the screen.
post #3546 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post
Check the refresh settings for your NAS DLNA software. I know when I use Plex Server I had the same issue but then had to go into Plex and set it to something more reasonable like every 12 hours else I wouldn't see the new files for a while.
I tried to use plex, however it wanted some strange input from me. I had to give it ip of the nas, which is normal, additionally it wanted from me to write a port number. This is a bit strange since tv and nas are on the same network. If you can see what your port number is pls let me know. I tried many and none of them worked.
post #3547 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I may have to ask the store to demo 3D to me then. From the reviews online the tv seems like a ok choice, but I have seen some bad reviews for it also. The apps working or not working all the time isn't a big issue for me, just need a 65" or bigger that has great picture, good 3D and good black levels/scenes. If someone has a suggestion for me to get a different TV other than this one, please let me know. This is the only non 4K TV LED that I've found online that seems like a good choice so far, wish I could find a 65" Plasma for a good price, but I know that is not happening right now.
post #3548 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Got a favor to ask of you. Could you please open your 3D menu, put the perspective at +1, and see if it looks better than what I'm getting (attached, see to the left of the "+1")? I've been trying to find out if my set has problems, or if my standards are too high. It's really distracting to me. I haven't been able to enjoy any of my 3D content, which is why I'm now considering returning this and switching to DLP front projection.

I first tested my set using my How to Train Your Dragon 3D Blu-ray, and a lot of the scenes which were amazing on the DLP (e.g., open flight) had very bad ghosting all over the place. Even the self-diagnosis picture is not satisfying to me (particularly, bad crosstalk at the edge of the hair on the bottom right).

ETA: Just to be clear, that's a picture through one of the lenses of the glasses.
Hi

I am at work at the moment, so cant test for you.

Interesting you mention how to train your Dragon. I watched it twice with my kid, and it seems to have more crosstalk than most, so I see it to.It's not constant every minute but enough to notice. I try other movies, and it was much better. Something about that movie. I watched Guardians another day and nothing like what Dragon did.

post #3549 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 09:14 AM

Liked: 3
Hello everyone. I picked this TV up to replace my F8500 which I returned due to a buzzing noise I could not deal with.

I know that clouding, flashlighting, etc are some of the tradeoffs I made when I switched from Plasma to LCD. However, I do not really have clouding issues but I have flashlighting from the corners. Is this a normal amount of flashlighting for this television? Maybe this can be reduced with proper calibration, but I do not have anything to do that (yet).

Sorry for the poor picture quality, my phone doesn't have a great camera.
post #3550 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by janko8 View Post
Yes but my WD TV Live streamer can find all the files, even the most recently downloaded ones. Al I need to do is press home button and go the share where files are downloaded
Your WD TV Live isn't using DLNA, then.
DLNA content is Server-controlled.
Shares' content are Client-controlled.

Last edited by WDFan1970; 02-03-2015 at 09:36 AM.
post #3551 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTissues View Post
Hello everyone. I picked this TV up to replace my F8500 which I returned due to a buzzing noise I could not deal with.

I know that clouding, flashlighting, etc are some of the tradeoffs I made when I switched from Plasma to LCD. However, I do not really have clouding issues but I have flashlighting from the corners. Is this a normal amount of flashlighting for this television? Maybe this can be reduced with proper calibration, but I do not have anything to do that (yet).

Calibration should help. Is that a UH02 panel?

-JT

Samsung 65H7150
Denon X1100w 5.2
Polk M60II Towers | CS2 Center | OWM3 Rears
SVS PB-2000 x2
post #3552 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Hi,

The backlighting might be a little to high... the back light on my 75" is set to 7, then I've adjusted the contrast and brightness with a calibration BD. Any flashlighting the set might have is minimal/barely noticeable.

good luck...
Rick
post #3553 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourrri View Post
Hi,

The backlighting might be a little to high... the back light on my 75" is set to 7, then I've adjusted the contrast and brightness with a calibration BD. Any flashlighting the set might have is minimal/barely noticeable.

good luck...
Rick
+1

When you first watch your set in the dark you will think WHAT THE HELL!! Do some tweaks, and it gets better. Wont go away of course, but it improves.

post #3554 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mourrri View Post
Hi,

good luck...
Rick
+1.
I have the backlight on my 65" set at 10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_113213.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	522481   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150203_121204.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	522489  

Last edited by beltelmel; 02-03-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: .
post #3555 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 10:42 AM

Thanks a lot you all. I will mess with the settings. I think when I took that picture it was just at default movie mode. I think the backlight was set very high by default. I need to get a proper calibration disc. My room is not very bright even during the day so the backlighting does not need to be very high.

How do you check panel version, which ones are there and which ones are preferred? I purchased mine at Costco.

Last edited by MrTissues; 02-03-2015 at 11:12 AM.
post #3556 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
How do you check panel version, which ones are there and which ones are preferred? I purchased mine at Costco.
it is on the side of the box the tv came in...
post #3557 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logitack View Post
it is on the side of the box the tv came in...
Thanks yea I found that out after doing a bit of searching. According to the rtings.com comments the 65'' models all are Samsung made. But I can double check when I get home.
post #3558 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbahotep View Post
hi,

im in the market for a 46". i dont want cable just dlna and streaming movies netflix, amazon and tv browser.
read a lot about the h7150. on amazon folks are complaining that the quad core is too slow and the apps are so buggy they are useless.
can you confirm that?

so wait for 2015 tizen tv or buy the 7150 and get the evo kit? or get a 7150 and a roku?
cheers babba
Neither, just get the H7150. The quad processor is very responsive and the apps work flawlessly for me. It's very likely the Amazon complaining involves Network issues.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #3559 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Tech came today and replaced the main processing board. No improvement. It came with firmware 2120. Updated to 2125, no improvement in 3D performance....in fact, the crosstalk seems to be a bit more pronounced now! Checked the crosstalk level test patterns, the visible numbers are a couple notches higher now. There are 3 boards inside the set, the power supply board, the main processing board, and the timing board which controls Bluetooth and refresh rates. The tech is going to order the timing board & replace it next week. If that doesn't fix it, it's either a firmware issue or this set just doesn't perform well in 3D mode. I will say I ordered a pair of these 3D glasses made by 3Active just to see if the stock glasses might be the issue. I'll report back to you guys after round 2.

UPDATE: Received the glasses, they didn't improve the level of crosstalk I'm getting. However, I do like them better than the stock glasses. The lenses are larger & aren't quite as dark and the depth perception seems a little better. I also like that they have guards on the sides to block out reflections.

Last edited by Karnis; 02-03-2015 at 02:55 PM.
post #3560 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2365 Post(s)
Liked: 1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohanotoha View Post
I read somewhere that the evo kit is not compitable with this model . Can you confirm ?
The whole point of having the evo kit option on your TV is so you can update to the updated processor. My 2012 E7000 is suppose to be able to get updated for up to 4 years out. So some iteration of the evo kit should be available for models that have the ability to get it.

LG 65B8 - Primary
LG 55EG9100 - Bedroom
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #3561 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Hi

Interesting you mention how to train your Dragon. I watched it twice with my kid, and it seems to have more crosstalk than most, so I see it to.It's not constant every minute but enough to notice. I try other movies, and it was much better. Something about that movie. I watched Guardians another day and nothing like what Dragon did.
If you get a chance, try Edge of Tomorrow, it's also worse than others I have. Chapter two is the torture test. Lots of ghosting on high contrast portions of the image, ghosting on faces. Too much ghosting throughout the entire movie.
post #3562 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post
The whole point of having the evo kit option on your TV is so you can update to the updated processor. My 2012 E7000 is suppose to be able to get updated for up to 4 years out. So some iteration of the evo kit should be available for models that have the ability to get it.
Do you mean that even if we don't get the evo kit released to our tv model , the over air updates will be enough for us ? They will do what the evo kit does ?
post #3563 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Hi

I did try Guardians as well. It was a bit better, but still quite a bit of crosstalk in the backgrounds. If you get a chance to test the perspective thing in the menu when you get back from work, I would really appreciate it. At least it would tell me if it could possibly be any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Tech came today and replaced the main processing board. No improvement. It came with firmware 2120. Updated to 2125, no improvement in 3D performance....in fact, the crosstalk seems to be a bit more pronounced now! Checked the crosstalk level test patterns, the visible numbers are a couple notches higher now. There are 3 boards inside the set, the power supply board, the main processing board, and the timing board which controls Bluetooth and refresh rates. The tech is going to order the timing board & replace it next week. If that doesn't fix it, it's either a firmware issue or this set just doesn't perform well in 3D mode. I will say I ordered a pair of these 3D glasses made by 3Active just to see if the stock glasses might be the issue. I'll report back to you guys after round 2.

UPDATE: Received the glasses, they didn't improve the level of crosstalk I'm getting. However, I do like them better than the stock glasses. The lenses are larger & aren't quite as dark and the depth perception seems a little better. I also like that they have guards on the sides to block out reflections.
That's quite disappointing. I'm wondering if the panels somehow changed in the last year without changing the version number (mine is TH01, btw). Or maybe an intervening firmware upgrade broke the 3D timings?

I bought this panel in large part because of the great reviews about the 3D. The only picture of a crosstalk test I saw was on this review: http://www.rtings.com/images/reviews...-3d-medium.jpg. Looks good, right? I really wish my set could do that. Mine looks more like the one from the Sony W800B review: http://www.rtings.com/images/reviews...-3d-medium.jpg
post #3564 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Getting very annoyed with the smart hub and apps. I haven't messed with it since I got the TV in November other than to make sure ARC worked. Trying to go into Amazon video to set it up but I just get a grey screen with a yellow circle frozen in the center. Then I am forced to power cycle the Tv to get it to respond to anything. I'm on version 2122 of the software. Will updating fix this or break anything else? Btw I'm on a wired connection so my network isn't the issue.

I'm gonna try pandora or something else but if it locks up again I'm gonna lose it!!

Last edited by de8212; 02-03-2015 at 04:02 PM.
post #3565 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Getting very annoyed with the smart hub and apps. I haven't messed with it since I got the TV in November other than to make sure ARC worked. Trying to go into Amazon video to set it up but I just get a grey screen with a yellow circle frozen in the center. Then I am forced to power cycle the Tv to get it to respond to anything. I'm on version 2122 of the software. Will updating fix this or break anything else? Btw I'm on a wired connection so my network isn't the issue.

I'm gonna try pandora or something else but if it locks up again I'm gonna lose it!!
Make sure instant on is disabled in the options. Helped on mine with 2125.

-JT

Samsung 65H7150
Denon X1100w 5.2
Polk M60II Towers | CS2 Center | OWM3 Rears
SVS PB-2000 x2
post #3566 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:45 PM

Quick update: The tech called to schedule the time window, and he mentioned that some of his other customers have complained about the same problem on this model. Unfortunately, he also mentioned that he replaced the timing control board on one of those sets, to no avail.
post #3567 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
If you get a chance, try Edge of Tomorrow, it's also worse than others I have. Chapter two is the torture test. Lots of ghosting on high contrast portions of the image, ghosting on faces. Too much ghosting throughout the entire movie.
Oo Amen on that, you are right. Saw it, and thought it was ghost city in some parts.

post #3568 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor11 View Post
Make sure instant on is disabled in the options. Helped on mine with 2125.

-JT
I can't seem to find Instant on in the menu. Can you tell me where it's is?
post #3569 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I can't seem to find Instant on in the menu. Can you tell me where it's is?
I believe it's under Menu -> System -> General -> Samsung Instant On
post #3570 of 5363 Old 02-03-2015, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I believe it's under Menu -> System -> General -> Samsung Instant On
Thank you. I'll see if that helps.

Another thing I noticed is that there are buttons on my harmony for Netflix, Amazon, etc. but they don't work when pressed. Does anyone else use a harmony on this tv? Have you made these buttons work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page