Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 172 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #5131 of 5367 Old 11-24-2015, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohanotoha View Post
New firmware update 2143

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk
I'm not seeing this update anywhere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 5367 Old 11-24-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Seems that the middle east region gets updates before anywhere else.

post #5133 of 5367 Old 11-24-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohanotoha View Post
Seems that the middle east region gets updates before anywhere else.

Ah...thank you. I was wondering if that might be the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5134 of 5367 Old 11-28-2015, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
Sorry guys, I'm currently traveling, so it'll be another week or so before i can get to it. I will post once I've re-calibrated the set...
Any news on the Calibration?
post #5135 of 5367 Old 12-08-2015, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I have the 2141 update, which I loaded recently, and it seems possible to me that since that update I had my DTV channel 13.1 and 13.2 "break" for multiple days now. It wasn't my signal strength, or my cable. It said "weak signal ...blah blah"

I fixed it by manually browsing up to channel 21.1 (or maybe 31.1) (past my other non DTV channels) and then suddenly the TV jumped/flashed to 13.1 and there was a signal shown. It then indicated that there were two 13.1 and two 13.2 channel entries. No, I didn't do anything myself to cause this.

And based on the fact that it recently was updated again to 2143, maybe there was a known issue for this.

I manually deleted the "old" broken DTV13 entries and everything seems fine, but figured I'd share for anyone else who has seen something like this.

Last edited by scottypa; 12-08-2015 at 04:11 PM.
post #5136 of 5367 Old 12-09-2015, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is anyone else having problems with 2141 on the UN55H7150? My set auto updated, and ever since then, I've had a TON of problems. Namely, the set is *INCREDIBLY* laggy. Hitting the change channel button (I'm using an antenna) takes anywhere from 1 - 30 seconds to change the channel. Opening apps (if they open at all) can take minutes. Frequent network disconnections. I've reset the unit to factory defaults several times, to no avail. Tried calling Samsung support, and their proposed solution was to unplug it for 15 seconds. Seriously. Like I'm someone calling into an IT help desk. Please help!!
post #5137 of 5367 Old 12-09-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedH7150 View Post
Is anyone else having problems with 2141 on the UN55H7150? My set auto updated, and ever since then, I've had a TON of problems. Namely, the set is *INCREDIBLY* laggy. Hitting the change channel button (I'm using an antenna) takes anywhere from 1 - 30 seconds to change the channel. Opening apps (if they open at all) can take minutes. Frequent network disconnections. I've reset the unit to factory defaults several times, to no avail. Tried calling Samsung support, and their proposed solution was to unplug it for 15 seconds. Seriously. Like I'm someone calling into an IT help desk. Please help!!
I've also tried updating manually, via USB. I have downloaded 2141.1 (not sure if this is a different / newer version than 2141), and each time, the updater says that no update files were found. I'm seriously at the point of drop-kicking the set, it has me so frustrated. Can't watch Netflix, Amazon, or Plex on the built-in apps, and even switching inputs (to my Chromecast, so that I *CAN* use those services) takes 30-60 seconds, if it allows me to do it at all. Often times, I need to pull the power cable, just to get it to respond. At one point, I removed a USB drive, and the set thought it was still connected 30 minutes later...
post #5138 of 5367 Old 12-10-2015, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypa View Post
I have the 2141 update, which I loaded recently, and it seems possible to me that since that update I had my DTV channel 13.1 and 13.2 "break" for multiple days now. It wasn't my signal strength, or my cable. It said "weak signal ...blah blah"

I fixed it by manually browsing up to channel 21.1 (or maybe 31.1) (past my other non DTV channels) and then suddenly the TV jumped/flashed to 13.1 and there was a signal shown. It then indicated that there were two 13.1 and two 13.2 channel entries. No, I didn't do anything myself to cause this.

And based on the fact that it recently was updated again to 2143, maybe there was a known issue for this.

I manually deleted the "old" broken DTV13 entries and everything seems fine, but figured I'd share for anyone else who has seen something like this.
Sounds like the DTV broadcaster remapped their channel numbers or began broadcasting on a new physical channel number. That wouldn't be a TV issue.
post #5139 of 5367 Old 12-11-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Where are you getting the 2143 update from? I'm checking the websites and running the software upgrade on my 55" H7150 set, and the only one I can find is 2141. I'm having a TON of problems with 2141 right now...
post #5140 of 5367 Old 12-11-2015, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedH7150 View Post
Did you unplug it? Another thing to do is to turn off instant on.
post #5141 of 5367 Old 12-11-2015, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Is it true that the internal Netflix app only outputs stereo sound (not 5.1)
post #5142 of 5367 Old 12-11-2015, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone, Someone had problems with the screen mirroring trying to connect a newer laptop win Intel WiDi? I got a dell laptop and it detects my tv Samsung UN60H7150AF but there is a problem of connection, I try different ways but nothing and I have the current version 2141.

Thanks in advance
post #5143 of 5367 Old 12-12-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post
Sounds like the DTV broadcaster remapped their channel numbers or began broadcasting on a new physical channel number. That wouldn't be a TV issue.
I would absolutely expect such a change to cause a noticeable impact on the local media. And nothing has been said by anyone. So....is it that everyone else doesn't use this OTA media except for me...or is it more likely that my tv is the only one affected???

One would assume that the TV station would not want to lose viewers due to any planned change. So they would publicize the impending change. And if it accidentally was changed, they ALSO would not want to lose viewers and would publicise the change/impact. There is no situation where it is beneficial for a TV station to NOT publicise any change that causes OTA viewers to lose their access. There is no such indication about any planned or accidental change for the TV station. Nor any uproar from local viewers complaining about their lost TV access to a common TV station.

If my TV didn't handle this and its a year old, there would be no one that would have a TV that automatically handled it is my guess. Which would cause lots of complaints in local media. So I'm in favor of the idea that my TV is the source of the issue.

Is there some other way to logically explain why no one would complain, the station would say nothing, but ALL VIEWERS would be impacted?
post #5144 of 5367 Old 12-12-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I would absolutely expect such a change to cause a noticeable impact on the local media. And nothing has been said by anyone. So....is it that everyone else doesn't use this OTA media except for me...or is it more likely that my tv is the only one affected???

One would assume that the TV station would not want to lose viewers due to any planned change. So they would publicize the impending change. And if it accidentally was changed, they ALSO would not want to lose viewers and would publicise the change/impact. There is no situation where it is beneficial for a TV station to NOT publicise any change that causes OTA viewers to lose their access. There is no such indication about any planned or accidental change for the TV station. Nor any uproar from local viewers complaining about their lost TV access to a common TV station.

If my TV didn't handle this and its a year old, there would be no one that would have a TV that automatically handled it is my guess. Which would cause lots of complaints in local media. So I'm in favor of the idea that my TV is the source of the issue.

Is there some other way to logically explain why no one would complain, the station would say nothing, but ALL VIEWERS would be impacted?
If they bothered with a notice, it would have been a very small ad in the newspaper or the on stations web site. Most with OTA tvs, would just do a channel scan before complaining. Also, it wouldn't have affected any of cable viewers.
post #5145 of 5367 Old 12-13-2015, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

What's the ID of channel 13.1? The only channel 13 I see in New York is WNET PBS 13 out of NYC, but your location says Upstate New York so that may not be it...
WNET is both logically and physically on RF channel 13.
And no station I can find in RF channel 21, which is where you say your TV "found" channel 13.
post #5146 of 5367 Old 12-13-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDFan1970 View Post
What's the ID of channel 13.1? The only channel 13 I see in New York is WNET PBS 13 out of NYC, but your location says Upstate New York so that may not be it...
WNET is both logically and physically on RF channel 13.
And no station I can find in RF channel 21, which is where you say your TV "found" channel 13.
WHAM13
Channels
Digital: 13 (VHF)
Virtual: 13 (PSIP)

Subchannels:
13.1 ABC
13.2 The CW
13.3 Grit

As for why this channel was suddenly shown when I was browsing into 21.x (or possibly 31.x since both actually exist) I don't know. But it never (re-)appeared until I did that. Not a re-scan of channels or anything.

I don't know QAM channels so I mean the digital numbers.

http://www.antennaweb.org/Stations.a...&Lon=-77.55621

From 2014 (possibly useful to track changes since then)
https://blankstechblog.wordpress.com...ikely-by-node/
post #5147 of 5367 Old 12-13-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenRC View Post
If they bothered with a notice, it would have been a very small ad in the newspaper or the on stations web site. Most with OTA tvs, would just do a channel scan before complaining. Also, it wouldn't have affected any of cable viewers.
I understand that cable viewers wouldn't be impacted. There would still be more than 1 person asking about it online. And a channel scan did not fix the issue.
post #5148 of 5367 Old 12-13-2015, 07:31 PM

Then it probably one of those weird computer/tv glitches that happen to drive one nuts.
post #5149 of 5367 Old 12-14-2015, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
WHAM13
Channels
Digital: 13 (VHF)
Virtual: 13 (PSIP)
I don't know QAM channels so I mean the digital numbers.
QAM is a modulation technique for Coaxial cable DTV.

I don't guess I asked this (I just assumed you were doing OTA) but are you receiving via OTA antenna, or clear-channel on some Cable provider?
post #5150 of 5367 Old 12-15-2015, 01:25 PM

I just noticed something with my 65" H7150.

I have a fairly simple set up. A Roku 3 connected, via HDMI, to the HDMI 1 input on the television. I also have a Blu ray player connected, via HDMI, to the HDMI 2 input on the television. I also use a Harmony 650 universal remote.

When I select Watch Roku (input HDMI 1), everything turns on accordingly however, when I access the picture menu of the Samsung TV, White Balance and Gamma DO NOT work. They are not disabled, they simply don't have any effect on the picture at all (turning 10 point on or off or moving the Gamma setting up or down is pretty noticeable when they're working properly).

With everything still on, if I select a different Source from the Samsung source menu (HDMI 2) and then return to the Roku input (HDMI 1), White Balance and Gamma then work properly.

With HDMI 2, the Blu ray, everything works as it should every single time it's turned on.

I tried connecting the Roku to HDMI 3 and had the exact same issue as with HDMI 1.

I've tried different HDMI cables. I rest the Roku and the TV and still, this weird thing keeps happening...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

Thanks in advance.
post #5151 of 5367 Old 12-15-2015, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Is it true that the internal Netflix app only outputs stereo sound (not 5.1)
It was fixed a while back.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
post #5152 of 5367 Old 12-16-2015, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Problem with TV, reciever and Laptop

Hi I recently hooked up my TV with a Onkyo ST-5800 and everything is going through the reciever(cable box, ps4) and it sounds amazing. Now my problem is when I try to watch a movie from my laptop and try connecting it through the reciever. First I tried in the Bluray/dvd and nothing happend, then I tried with the game 1 port and only video appears on the screen but there's no sound output. On top of that the laptop display does not fill the entire Tv screen and I've check in the laptop's config and the highest resolution is selected(I also tried with lower with no luck).

So how can i fill the entire tv screen and get sound output?

Thanks guys.

BTW it's been one year from my purchase and I still don't regret it one bit. 60´screen and loving it.
post #5153 of 5367 Old 12-16-2015, 06:44 PM

If you're connecting via HDMI, then for audio you need to go into the audio devices under the playback tab and select the HDMI for the digital audio output. It may have the name of the receiver as the output. To get to that playback tab, right click on the volume icon.

For the video, you could use the zoom function on the tv. Also, check to see if there is a newer video display driver.
CleoPatrudo likes this.
post #5154 of 5367 Old 12-18-2015, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 9
enabling bluetooth headphones on TV

just an FYI, I was searching for information on how to enable bluetooth headphones on the H7150 TV and low and behold there was a youtube video from some russian guy explaining how to do it.

long story short, you have to go into the SERVICE menu. BEWARE: if you change something that you didnt want to change it could have disastrous results.

once in the service menu, go to

engineering option

scroll down until you find

BT audio on/off

select it and toggle to ON

restart the TV

beware you will have to RESET some of the picture settings since it will default to DYNAMIC!

I can now use my bluetooth headphones watching my TV

calibration settings for h7150 (firmware 2126 / 2128) cal day, cal night, movie
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post33241817
post #5155 of 5367 Old 12-21-2015, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Is it me or does the YouTube app doesn't play in HD?
post #5156 of 5367 Old 12-22-2015, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Has any new calibration settings come out since the 2141 update came out?
post #5157 of 5367 Old 12-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am hoping Z-Mad has some updated calibration settings. I know it's been a while since any new calibration settings been posted on here.
post #5158 of 5367 Old 12-25-2015, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm having some weird issues with Netflix. I'll be watching something and the picture will be zoomed in so I can only see a small section. If I go back and restart it changes back to normal.
post #5159 of 5367 Old 12-26-2015, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
h7150 HDR

Can Samsung add HDR support to the h7150 via firmware or is that impossible? I ask because I read that the j7100 was the same TV as the h7150 only with 4k resolution and HDR.
post #5160 of 5367 Old 12-30-2015, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Still waiting for Z-MAD"s latest calibration settings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page