Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 178 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #5311 of 5370 Old 12-12-2017, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No, I actually DID hardwire it - used the ethernet from my DirecTV. When I connected it said there were no updates. Also tried dropping the security. The TV gets an IP, but it never shows on the router. Samsung continues to blame either the router manufacturer or the ISP, depending on who you speak to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 5370 Old 12-14-2017, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStalker77 View Post
No, I actually DID hardwire it - used the ethernet from my DirecTV. When I connected it said there were no updates. Also tried dropping the security. The TV gets an IP, but it never shows on the router. Samsung continues to blame either the router manufacturer or the ISP, depending on who you speak to.
Sorry, the wired connection part wasn't clear from before. Did you skip the router and go directly through your modem? That would eliminate (temporarily) any router issues. If that doesn't work, and everything else on your router works, it really points to the TV interface. If you did go direct through the modem, did you try the TV's network tests? I don't have the same model, but if you also have Remote Management in the Support menu, can Samsung access it remotely without the router in the path? If not, that should prove to them that it's not working. They might even have more detailed diagnostics to determine where it's going bad. Since the rest of your networked electronics work, it's pretty hard to legitimately dump on your ISP, and if it was a DirectTV thing system-wide, they'd have heard about it long ago from lots of people. As a last resort, have you tried a full reset? I know it's not supposed to do anything to the network settings, but maybe something related got set wrong and this could force a change.

If you have a neighbor that would let you temporarily grab their WiFi, you could also try that to see if it's your network equipment that's the problem.

My TV only has a 100 Mbit, not 1 GB, wired interface. If your new router can fix the port speed, maybe you could lock it to the slower speed and try it then. It might not be auto speed selecting correctly. You might have to pick a slower speed for your wireless connections (not 450 Mbits).

Good luck, again!

Denon AVR-X4300H, Mains: ESS AMT 1b, Surrounds: Polk MC80, Samsung 65H7150, Panasonic DMP-BDT270
post #5313 of 5370 Old 12-14-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksoupSD View Post
Sorry, the wired connection part wasn't clear from before. Did you skip the router and go directly through your modem? That would eliminate (temporarily) any router issues. If that doesn't work, and everything else on your router works, it really points to the TV interface. If you did go direct through the modem, did you try the TV's network tests? I don't have the same model, but if you also have Remote Management in the Support menu, can Samsung access it remotely without the router in the path? If not, that should prove to them that it's not working. They might even have more detailed diagnostics to determine where it's going bad. Since the rest of your networked electronics work, it's pretty hard to legitimately dump on your ISP, and if it was a DirectTV thing system-wide, they'd have heard about it long ago from lots of people. As a last resort, have you tried a full reset? I know it's not supposed to do anything to the network settings, but maybe something related got set wrong and this could force a change.

If you have a neighbor that would let you temporarily grab their WiFi, you could also try that to see if it's your network equipment that's the problem.

My TV only has a 100 Mbit, not 1 GB, wired interface. If your new router can fix the port speed, maybe you could lock it to the slower speed and try it then. It might not be auto speed selecting correctly. You might have to pick a slower speed for your wireless connections (not 450 Mbits).

Good luck, again!
Yes, did all that. They were able to connect and see that it wouldn't connect to the router, then they had me reset it (which resets everything BUT the network settings - no way to actually reset the network settings as far as I can see). No, not possible to connect directly to modem. They wanted to send a tech out to see if it was the wi-fi board. I declined.

I would have no issue setting a lower port speed for it IF I could connect wirelessly - that the whole issue - the router doesn't even see the device. Also tried WPS. Nothing.

I'd try my old router for kicks, but it's dead, that's why I got the new one. I've even tried different firmware in the new one (it's an AC3100/RT-AC88).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5314 of 5370 Old 12-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I have a UNH7150, so not sure how different its wifi board would be from yours, but I use an RT-AC88U as well and connect just fine. I honestly wish I could nuke my network SSID from the TV's NVRAM though or change its password so it's incorrect and can't connect (I needed to check something out and dislike that the TV seems to switch from wired to wireless whenever if feels like it).

What are your settings on the router, such as the authentication method, channel bandwidth, wireless mode, and which wireless band are you attempting to connect to (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz)? These settings are in Wireless > General. Without knowing the settings, we can't really diagnose much.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #5315 of 5370 Old 12-24-2017, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thinking of buying a used UN65H7150AF vs a 55inch cheap TCL S. Thoughts?
post #5316 of 5370 Old 12-25-2017, 05:36 AM

Cool I still love mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxol View Post
Thinking of buying a used UN65H7150AF vs a 55inch cheap TCL S. Thoughts?
65 is way better than 55 and the display quality of a 3D tv has to be better than a regular 2D, even if you never use the 3D. Get a good test disk (Digital Video Essentials or Spears & Munsil for 3D) and make sure it works well before you buy.
post #5317 of 5370 Old 01-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I picked up a 60" 7150 today at an Estate Sale. I plan on calibrating it tomorrow using HCFR after updating the firmware to the latest version.

Question... is there any way to find out how many hours of use this TV has? Thanks!
post #5318 of 5370 Old 02-04-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carillon View Post
I picked up a 60" 7150 today at an Estate Sale. I plan on calibrating it tomorrow using HCFR after updating the firmware to the latest version.

Question... is there any way to find out how many hours of use this TV has? Thanks!
The calibration menu has that info. Search this thread for the keystrokes to get into it...

Denon AVR-X4300H, Mains: ESS AMT 1b, Surrounds: Polk MC80, Samsung 65H7150, Panasonic DMP-BDT270
post #5319 of 5370 Old 02-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The calibration menu has that info. Search this thread for the keystrokes to get into it...
Thanks for the reply. I've searched for "hours" and didn't find the post that explains how. I did find a post where someone else was asking.
post #5320 of 5370 Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 PM

Exclamation Service Menu (CAUTION!!!!!)

This will reset any Picture settings (and probably Audio, too), so write down your settings before you start!!!

Don't change ANYTHING unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubeie View Post
Alright...just adding my last comment that may help someone in the future :-)

-The TV (UN55H7150) ships with two remotes (the smart remote and the regular one).
-Use the regular remote.
-Power off the TV with the remote.
-Press: mute, 1, 8, 2 and power button in a sequence quickly.
-This should bring up the service menu
Note: Be very careful when making changes. I realized there is NO save option. I believe all the changes are AUTO SAVED!!!!
-Once you are inside the service menu use the arrow keys and the return, enter buttons to navigate and make the changes.
-When done, simply power off the TV and restart.

Note: As the other poster mentioned, I lost all my picture settings and had to reconfigure them.

But finally, I was able to pair my headphones and get it working!!!

Thank you so much everyone for the help :-)
Once the main menu comes up, scroll down to SVC and press Enter.
Scroll down to Info and press Enter. The fourth item shows the Panel Display Time. Press Return to return to the previous menu.
carillon and DeathStalker77 like this.
post #5321 of 5370 Old 02-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
This will reset any Picture settings (and probably Audio, too), so write down your settings before you start!!!

Don't change ANYTHING unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing!!!!

Once the main menu comes up, scroll down to SVC and press Enter.
Scroll down to Info and press Enter. The fourth item shows the Panel Display Time. Press Return to return to the previous menu.
@DucksoupSD ... sorry for the slow reply. Really appreciate the help with this! Is time represented in hours?
post #5322 of 5370 Old 02-12-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carillon View Post
@DucksoupSD ... sorry for the slow reply. Really appreciate the help with this! Is time represented in hours?
It says it's in hours...

post #5323 of 5370 Old 02-14-2018, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 51
In the past few weeks, I've been having a minor issue with my TV. It randomly has a delayed response to the remote. Say I try to change the volume, about 5 seconds later it will respond. Some times I turn the tv off and 5-10 seconds later it turns back on. I have changed the batteries in the remote, but haven't tried anything else except for unplugging it.
post #5324 of 5370 Old 02-18-2018, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
And here is finally also the STANDARD mode for gaming. Mind you, this is the simplified Standard mode that allows only 2-point grayscale calibration, when the Source is set to "PC" (the mode with lowest input lag on this TV, thus the best mode for gaming). But even with just the 2-point grayscale adjustment, the result is good, grayscale and colors are quite accurate, and the games look great with these settings:

SOURCE: PC
--Picture snip.. ]
Hi,,
I've always run mine in Game mode (with Movie picture mode) and not PC mode. I'm curious, is game mode worse? You mentioned that PC has the lowest lag. Have you seen any lag results between the two?
Ps, I've changed my settings to the ones you posted to see how it goes. Like someone else here posted, I went back to Warm1, because watching the Olympics, the ice rink looked a little too yellow with Warm2.
I'm waiting for an outdoor event, to compare the look of snow, with the snow outside my door. It's been one of those winters.

Ps thank you for posting the calibration settings. Appreciate the interest in our "old" technology :-)
post #5325 of 5370 Old 03-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
samsung un60h7150afxza internet and remote issues

My un60h7150afxza is out of warranty.

I have copied and pasted another user's comments below because they are exactly the same issues I'm having):

It started with the wifi dropping out, periodically. I down loaded the latest firmware and installed it this past weekend. Now it won't stay connected more than a minute or so. The wired network worked up until a week or so ago, now it won't connect at all. To go along with this, the smart remote loses the ability to change volume, or any other function other than off. And that may take a while to get it to turn off. After turning it back on, the remote may function for a while again, or not.

I have already tried resetting the TV and the SmartHUB. I'm convinced it's an internal circuit board issue but I don't know which one to replace. (I should mention here that I'm a desktop support tech and I'm sure I can replace the necessary component in the TV once I know which one to replace).

Can anyone tell me which board I need to replace? I'd rather not replace the main board then find out I should have replace another component.

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their response(s)
post #5326 of 5370 Old 03-08-2018, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnypuppy View Post
@Peter- do you know if there are any changes to the netflix Hulu or amazon prime apps?
As you know by now, the Netflix app update is SWEET !!! Best I have ever seen in this app.

Provo to Netflix. Glad this tv still allows for these updates.
post #5327 of 5370 Old 04-07-2018, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_2v71 View Post
My un60h7150afxza is out of warranty.

I have copied and pasted another user's comments below because they are exactly the same issues I'm having):

It started with the wifi dropping out, periodically. I down loaded the latest firmware and installed it this past weekend. Now it won't stay connected more than a minute or so. The wired network worked up until a week or so ago, now it won't connect at all. To go along with this, the smart remote loses the ability to change volume, or any other function other than off. And that may take a while to get it to turn off. After turning it back on, the remote may function for a while again, or not.

I have already tried resetting the TV and the SmartHUB. I'm convinced it's an internal circuit board issue but I don't know which one to replace. (I should mention here that I'm a desktop support tech and I'm sure I can replace the necessary component in the TV once I know which one to replace).

Can anyone tell me which board I need to replace? I'd rather not replace the main board then find out I should have replace another component.

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their response(s)
I've struggled with this issue for two years now. I had the main board replaced and also replaced the network card. Everything that could be replaced has been replaced and it still caused an issue.

I was finally able to resolve it based on a tip I got from another forum.

In the service menu there two different places to reset the TV. One place you can reset the TV and the SmartHub. Do that first and then in another main menu option you can reset the TV to factory to factory defaults. You have to do BOTH. Then restart and setup the TV again and VIOLA after 2 years now I'm connected without issues for over a month now.

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact menu locations but I do remember they were in to separate menu items.
post #5328 of 5370 Old 04-18-2018, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 35
New Firmware Notice popped up. Anyone have an idea what it does?
post #5329 of 5370 Old 05-05-2018, 04:42 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged78 View Post
New Firmware Notice popped up. Anyone have an idea what it does?
Would really like to know about that! I STILL haven't been able to get mine to connect to my router (as I've previously posted on)
post #5330 of 5370 Old 05-28-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnypuppy View Post
I've struggled with this issue for two years now. I had the main board replaced and also replaced the network card. Everything that could be replaced has been replaced and it still caused an issue.

I was finally able to resolve it based on a tip I got from another forum.

In the service menu there two different places to reset the TV. One place you can reset the TV and the SmartHub. Do that first and then in another main menu option you can reset the TV to factory to factory defaults. You have to do BOTH. Then restart and setup the TV again and VIOLA after 2 years now I'm connected without issues for over a month now.

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact menu locations but I do remember they were in to separate menu items.
I have tried the 2 reset options you mention but I still have the same problems: wireless and cabled internet connections either don't work or work for a short period of time before they don't work at all - and my remote responses are delayed if they work at all.
post #5331 of 5370 Old 05-28-2018, 11:22 AM

Well I was able to factory reset my 60" LED 7 series, maybe if I did that with my 7150 it will fix the wireless connection - it works fine hardwired .......
post #5332 of 5370 Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Seems like the new firmware borked my screen size settings. It's 16 x 9 no matter what I do. I thought I had gotten it to change correctly by pressing the P. Size button on the remote (as opposed to doing it through the Picture menu), but now that doesn't seem to be working either.

Going to give Samsung a piece of my mind tomorrow if I can't solve this. On my games, half the HUDs are lost into the edges of the screen, rendering my 75" model a piece of crap for gaming.

Edit: OK, problem solved. I unplugged the set and let it set overnight. This morning, the picture size feature works as it did.

Last edited by Kolgar; 06-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.
post #5333 of 5370 Old 06-14-2018, 11:40 AM

What firmware 2210 does

Kudos to Samsung. I placed a Service Request through the TV last night when my picture size failed to change. They called me today to follow up. I asked about the latest firmware notes and he told me it is meant to improve the performance of the browser and apps, with the usual "stability" updates to boot.

So, there you go.
post #5334 of 5370 Old 06-27-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolgar View Post
Kudos to Samsung. I placed a Service Request through the TV last night when my picture size failed to change. They called me today to follow up. I asked about the latest firmware notes and he told me it is meant to improve the performance of the browser and apps, with the usual "stability" updates to boot.

So, there you go.
Had the same issue you were having with picture size. Unplugged the tv, plugged it right back in and it was working again.
post #5335 of 5370 Old 06-27-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nky0Skim View Post
Had the same issue you were having with picture size. Unplugged the tv, plugged it right back in and it was working again.
My TV lost the picture-size setting again. Had to unplug and wait again. I suspect it's a bug in firmware 2210 as I had no problems before.

Frustrating having this happen so long after launch.
post #5336 of 5370 Old 06-27-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolgar View Post
My TV lost the picture-size setting again. Had to unplug and wait again. I suspect it's a bug in firmware 2210 as I had no problems before.

Frustrating having this happen so long after launch.
Agreed, I thought I was losing my mind. Did they just push a new update that caused it?
post #5337 of 5370 Old 10-14-2018, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Anyone had any luck programming a harmony remote to control the smart hub?
If I am in a Watch TV activity but want to launch the smart hub, what is the best way to do it?
I thought about programming the smart hub button from the original remote but my Watch TV activity uses my DirecTV box so I don't think I would be able to use my directional arrows for the tv while in that activity???
post #5338 of 5370 Old 10-14-2018, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Anyone had any luck programming a harmony remote to control the smart hub?
If I am in a Watch TV activity but want to launch the smart hub, what is the best way to do it?
I thought about programming the smart hub button from the original remote but my Watch TV activity uses my DirecTV box so I don't think I would be able to use my directional arrows for the tv while in that activity???
I use a separate Smart TV activity.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
post #5339 of 5370 Old 10-14-2018, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_H View Post
I tried that but it doesn't bring up the smart hub menu. Inputs are all correct but nothing happens. Maybe I didn't configure it correctly but there wasn't too many options.,
post #5340 of 5370 Old 10-14-2018, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_H View Post
I tried that but it doesn't bring up the smart hub menu. Inputs are all correct but nothing happens. Maybe I didn't configure it correctly but there wasn't too many options.,
What happens when you press the Menu button? Should bring up the smart hub.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page