Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 66 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #1951 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
You do not want to mess with receiver output settings. It should just pass through whatever output the device sends passively to the TV. I don't think mine even allows that.
So, what is the purpose/advantage of the Film Mode settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxximase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airscape View Post
Hey all. Looking to buy the 55" 7150 but wanted a few opinions to make sure it is the one for me.

Sitting ~10ft away
big window on back wall and 1 small on side
Mix of games,tv,movies (mostly games)

I'm upgrading from a Samsung lns-4092d with a matte screen. I have a lot of reflections that wash my current darks into oblivion during the day. Am I going to hate life more with s glossy screen? Alternatives in the same range I was looking at are the h6350 (less gloss but worse reflection rating at rtings) or Sony xbr 700b another less glossy set.

I do not need 3D or smart features but PQ and low input lag are high priorities. The 7150 seems to be the best all round option but I would like to hear any other opinions/options. Trying to stay sub 1000 in the 55" range. Thanks!
I just got this TV a couple days ago. Mine is also in a big, bright room with windows/glass doors on every wall. I am coming from a Samsung 46LNA630 which had a matte screen and I was rarely distracted by reflections with it (bought the A630 back in the day specifically for the matte screen). There is no question the reflections on the new screen are more pronounced -- not sure if I will get used to it over time. I am planning to try it out for a couple weeks -- can return to BB until Jan 15th, thanks to the holiday return policy.
Thanks for the info. There are basically no reflections on my current screen the darks just gets washed out by the light. I guess it's a give/take PQ wise. May just be something I have to get used to, matte doesn't seem to exist anymore on the upper end.
post #1953 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hello all, i currently have the UN65ES8000, and looking to upgrade to a 75+ inch set, the UHD sets are too much for what i can afford right now, is the 75" 7150 the next best thing for me? would the PQ be similar to my current set? i personally would wait for the UHD sets to go down in price, but my parent's 52xbr7 is dying with a bad screen (half the screen is dark, only goes to normal after about 45mins later), so i'm thinking of giving mine to them. so my situation kinda forces me to get a new tv now. any inputs / comments appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1954 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Best uncalibrated setting

While different people's calibrations added different qualities, it never gave a completely satisfactory picture for me. After chasing the dragon sort of speak, I have resigned myself to the fact the that h7150 came with a pretty good mode already.

If other calibrations aren't working try PC mode. It remains the sharpest, most vibrant example of what this TV can do without adding artificial enhancements, at the cost of less control over white balance. But unless you're going for specific gamma curve, I doubt you really need to touch white balance anyway.

The only changes I made in PC mode was increase Brightness to 46, Backlight on 9 (but Eco on, at min. 5), don't use Warm2 since Standard is correct here. Set color to Native and black level to Normal if you have an RGB or 4:4:4 source (Auto and Low respectively, otherwise).

Movie mode can be set in a similar fashion, and I've noticed that for me the picture gets better the less 'enhancements' are turned on the better the picture. I'm still playing around with it, but hope to give settings for the un-calibrated out there soon. :-)
dphinsx2 likes this.
post #1955 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxximase View Post
I just picked up the 55H7150 (TS-01 panel), unlocked the CAL-DAY option, and input Z-Mad's calibration settings. On my screen, those settings result in a somewhat dark picture with a yellowish/greenish tint that looks unnatural. I went back and double checked the settings. Raising the backlight to 12 or even 15 helped, as did setting dynamic contrast to low as was suggested elsewhere in this thread to add more pop to the screen. But I still cannot get rid of yellowish/greenish tint.

I realize that not every set is the same, but with the number of people responding to this thread that those setting worked for them, I am wondering what I should change.

Of note, out of the box with no adjustment, the color did not have this tint.

Any suggestions?
I discussed a similar situation with Benananda - as he pointed out as well. What you are describing is a grayscale tint, meaning that the 10 point white balance settings are not compatible with your particular set: this is rather normal as each TV is unique in those terms. Sometimes the settings work out great, sometimes they don't depending on the panel. So just disable the 10 point white balance - the grayscale on those TV's is very good already out of the box - my settings target a specific gamma curve with enhanced dark detail, but if they don't translate on a specific set, sticking with factory settings for white balance is the best approach, unless you can get the set calibrated... Hope this works out for you... Cheers...
dphinsx2 likes this.
post #1956 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto View Post
hello all, i currently have the UN65ES8000, and looking to upgrade to a 75+ inch set, the UHD sets are too much for what i can afford right now, is the 75" 7150 the next best thing for me? would the PQ be similar to my current set? i personally would wait for the UHD sets to go down in price, but my parent's 52xbr7 is dying with a bad screen (half the screen is dark, only goes to normal after about 45mins later), so i'm thinking of giving mine to them. so my situation kinda forces me to get a new tv now. any inputs / comments appreciated.
I have the same set as you. I personally have not seen a 7150 but from browsing these forums I think it's the new "flagship" of the Samsung HD line (not UHD line of course). There a 6350 model too that sounds pretty similar and maybe a bit less expensive you might check out. A few people have found the set that replaced our ES8000 in 2013, the F8000, online still in stock but they quit making it. That's supposed to be superb if but you'll have to Google it to find one. Good luck.

[/B] LG OLED65E6P TV, Yamaha RX-V383 AVR with Paradigm speakers, Cableone STB, Samsung UHD BD player, AppleTV 4K[/B]
post #1957 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
I discussed a similar situation with Benananda - as he pointed out as well. What you are describing is a grayscale tint, meaning that the 10 point white balance settings are not compatible with your particular set: this is rather normal as each TV is unique in those terms. Sometimes the settings work out great, sometimes they don't depending on the panel. So just disable the 10 point white balance - the grayscale on those TV's is very good already out of the box - my settings target a specific gamma curve with enhanced dark detail, but if they don't translate on a specific set, sticking with factory settings for white balance is the best approach, unless you can get the set calibrated... Hope this works out for you... Cheers...
Thanks...just tried disabling the 10 point white balance and that definitely made an improvement. Overall very happy with the picture on this set. Just hope I can learn to live with the reflection because it looks like they don't make any matte screens anymore.
post #1958 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have had the 55H7150 with TS01 for a week now. My calibration is fine the picture looks great, as long as nothing moves. I think I am just super sensitive to sample-and-hold but I wanted to ask for advice anyway. I see blurry-ness everywhere especially in peoples faces. Just moving their head side to side and all I see is a blurry face. If the person moves from left to right or right to left I see the ghost frames behind them. I tried for a week turing this motion setting on and then off and this and that to eventually just turn all of the crap off. Even with it off it looks the same to me as when it was on thats why I think it is more me and not the TV. I love this TV but how do you get used to the sample-and-hold nature of these TVs? 24p video sources are worse, and since all Blurry is 24p it i driving me batty. Any advice to train my eyes to stop seeing this crap?
post #1959 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
You have to fix it with the Denon AVR menu because that's the remote you're using, and that's the remote you're using to fix it. My Yamaha AVR sometimes switched to a different input after a few minutes and the sound goes off (not the picture), I have to either press "Watch TV" again on my Harmony remote (I don't use the Samsung remote, it broke) or press HDMI 1 on the Yamaha remote. The switch is pretty random.
What is weird is, I didn't change a thing, just the tv. It never did it with my last tv.
post #1960 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphinsx2 View Post
What is weird is, I didn't change a thing, just the tv. It never did it with my last tv.
The TV tells the AVR to switch inputs. My AVR goes to one labeled AV1, which is the input the TV's smarthub apps use. It usually happens soon after turning stuff on (not every time), or randomly on rare occasions.

[/B] LG OLED65E6P TV, Yamaha RX-V383 AVR with Paradigm speakers, Cableone STB, Samsung UHD BD player, AppleTV 4K[/B]
post #1961 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoned View Post
just picked up a UN65H7150 the other day from the pre-BF sale at Best Buy. i tried a few settings and Z-Mad's worked great. thanks for sharing with us. i might mess with CAL-DAY mode when i get a little bored of the picture.

how do i check to see which panel i have?
I went through the first 22 pages of this thread, I really dont want to read the remaining 40 pages. Anyone able to point me in the direction of ZMADS settings?

Thanks so much, just took delivery of a TS01 Samsung and havent gotten to play with it yet. $2600 at best buy before tax with the 10% off movers coupon here in Houston
post #1962 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have a Samsung H450 sound bar and a 65" Samsung 7150 TV. I am trying to accomplish the following:

1. Have the sound bar turn on when the TV turns on
2. Have the sound bar turn off when the TV turns off
3. Control the volume on the sound bar with the TV remote.

Essentially, I want to get rid of the sound bar remote unless I am changing settings.

I spent all day yesterday with Samsung tech support yesterday which was useless, they gave me conflicting information about whether this was possible, and how to do it.

I started with an optical cable, tried having anynet off and on. Could get some of the 3 things above to occur, but not all 3. Then tech support said optical cable wouldn't work, I needed to replace it with an HDMI in the ARC/HDMI 2 port. So I unfished the optical cable (the TV is wall mounted with cables in the wall) and fished through an HDMI. The sound bar turns off when the TV turns off, and I can control the volume with the TV remote, but it doesn't turn on when the TV turns on.

I called tech support two more times. One time they told me what I wanted was impossible, one time they told me I needed an HDMI AND an optical. But the techy guy at HH Gregg told me he has the same setup at home with just HDMI and it works, so I'm guessing its possible, but he left for a weeks vacation shortly after he told me that.

PLEASE HELP!! I am pulling out my hair. I just wanted this to be easy.
post #1963 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespencerac View Post
I went through the first 22 pages of this thread, I really dont want to read the remaining 40 pages. Anyone able to point me in the direction of ZMADS settings?

Thanks so much, just took delivery of a TS01 Samsung and havent gotten to play with it yet. $2600 at best buy before tax with the 10% off movers coupon here in Houston
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post28910426
post #1964 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Where do you look to find out if you have a TS01 panel. I just got this set and have tried all the settings people like in this thread. And there is still very bad lagging. And football and NBA games look like crap
post #1965 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwtom View Post
I have a Samsung H450 sound bar and a 65" Samsung 7150 TV. I am trying to accomplish the following:

Essentially, I want to get rid of the sound bar remote unless I am changing settings.

I spent all day yesterday with Samsung tech support yesterday which was useless, they gave me conflicting information about whether this was possible, and how to do it.

I started with an optical cable, tried having anynet off and on. Could get some of the 3 things above to occur, but not all 3. Then tech support said optical cable wouldn't work, I needed to replace it with an HDMI in the ARC/HDMI 2 port. So I unfished the optical cable (the TV is wall mounted with cables in the wall) and fished through an HDMI. The sound bar turns off when the TV turns off, and I can control the volume with the TV remote, but it doesn't turn on when the TV turns on.

I called tech support two more times. One time they told me what I wanted was impossible, one time they told me I needed an HDMI AND an optical. But the techy guy at HH Gregg told me he has the same setup at home with just HDMI and it works, so I'm guessing its possible, but he left for a weeks vacation shortly after he told me that.

First, I suggest you leave the cables hanging outside of the wall (no fishing) and try to get it to work first.
Second, take a look at this help site http://www.samsung.com/us/support/fa...140/HW-H450/ZA

Seems like you need to enable Anynet+ on both (soundbar and TV) and connect them via HDMI.
post #1966 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Optical has nothing to do with on/off, it's only sound and your sound works so forget that. I'd try enabling Anynet+ on the sound bar, because it's a Samsung. If that doesn't work enable it on the TV too. First make sure you have the HDMI from soundbar to HDMI 2 on the TV I don't think sound would work otherwise. You're almost there!

post #1967 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

By the way, in an effort to check for ways for any further improvement, I looked into making adjustments to allow enabling dynamic contrast (and thus taking advantage of the Micro-dimming Pro feature). If simply turning on the dynamic contrast after calibration, the enhancement of color (as a part of the dynamic contrast feature) throws off the color accuracy/balance just a bit, so it takes a small shift in hue setting to compensate for it, as well as lowering color setting a notch. I also reflected the brightness of 46 (thus disabling the CE dimming fluctuations), and I also went a little less aggressive on cinema black to have less noticeable brightness adjustment in dark scenes... So these would be my settings for utilizing dynamic contrast/micro-dimming pro (all changes highlighted, other settings remain unchanged):

--Picture menu--
Mode: CAL-DAY
Backlight: 8 (this is good all-around, but for nighttime 6 is actually enough, and for bright rooms during day one can bump it up to 10 or as needed...)
Contrast: 99
Brightness: 46
Sharpness: 0 (if compelled to give a little extra sharpness, one can go to +3 without introducing artifacts, but not beyond that)
Color: 50
Tint: G48/R52

3D submenu: N/A

PIP: N/A

--Advanced settings--
Dynamic contrast: Low
Black tone: Dark
Flesh tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color space: Custom [see below]
White Balance: [see below]
10p White Balance: On
Gamma: 0
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]

--Color Space--
Color Space: Custom
Red: Red 49, Green 0, Blue 0
Green: Red 15, Green 49, Blue 0
Blue: Red 0, Green 11, Blue 49
Yellow: Red 53, Green 49, Blue 0
Cyan: Red 0, Green 51, Blue 51
Magenta: Red 48, Green 12, Blue 50

White balance:
2 Point:
R-Offset: -6
G-Offset: -2
B-Offset: -1
R-Gain: +5
G-Gain: -2
B-Gain: -9

10 Point:
10%: Red +48, Green +50, Blue +36
20%: Red +47, Green +44, Blue +50
30%: Red +34, Green +36, Blue +43
40%: Red -27, Green -26, Blue -25
50%: Red -40, Green -38, Blue -34
60%: Red -31, Green -29, Blue -26
70%: Red -24, Green -20, Blue -16
80%: Red -13, Green -9, Blue -9
90%: Red -7, Green -4, Blue -4
100%: Red -2, Green 0, Blue 0

--Picture options--
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI black level: Low / Normal (depending on source - cable box is good on "low", BluRay will usually be "normal")
Film mode: Auto 2
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Cinema Black: Medium

Auto Motion Plus submenu ("clear" actually works well, but if customized I use these settings):
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 2
LED Clear Motion: Off

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Picture menu--
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8 (some may choose a bit higher backlight in brighter rooms or go down to 6 for dark room viewing)
Sharpness: 0 (if compelled to give a little extra sharpness, one can go to +3 without introducing artifacts, but not beyond that)

--Advanced settings--
Gamma: +1

--Color Space--
Blue: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 49
Magenta: Red 47, Green 9, Blue 50

White balance:
2 Point:
R-Offset: -5
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: +3
R-Gain: +6

10 Point:
10%: Red +48, Green +46, Blue +50
20%: Red +48, Green +43, Blue +50
30%: Red +4, Green +1, Blue +8
40%: Red -50, Green -48, Blue -50
50%: Red -50, Green -48, Blue -43
60%: Red -40, Green -38, Blue -35
70%: Red -32, Green -27, Blue -22
80%: Red -20, Green -17, Blue -16
90%: Red -9, Green -8, Blue -7
100%: Red +1, Green 0, Blue 0

--Picture options--
HDMI black level: Low / Normal (depending on source - cable box is good on "low", BluRay will usually be "normal")
sandman38 likes this.

Last edited by Z-Mad; 11-21-2014 at 06:55 PM.
post #1968 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Has anyone owned both the 65 7150 and the 65 8550? I ordered the 7150 from Amazon and it will be delivered on Tuesday. It's not even here and I'm kinda on the fence about returning it for the higher end model. Is there a significant difference in PQ when stepping up to the 8550?
post #1969 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttbhg View Post
Has anyone owned both the 65 7150 and the 65 8550? I ordered the 7150 from Amazon and it will be delivered on Tuesday. It's not even here and I'm kinda on the fence about returning it for the higher end model. Is there a significant difference in PQ when stepping up to the 8550?
Probably main difference is that 8550 has local dimming and thus can produce slightly deeper black levels than 7150, which has only micro-dimming. I wouldn't worry about the resolution (4K content is barely available to begin with and the difference is hardly noticeable from normal viewing distances). But if you care for a bit deeper blacks, 8550 would be a good choice... Apart from that, no real difference...
post #1970 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
By the way, in an effort to check for ways for any further improvement, I looked into making adjustments to allow enabling dynamic contrast (and thus taking advantage of the Micro-dimming Pro feature). If simply turning on the dynamic contrast after calibration, the enhancement of color (as a part of the dynamic contrast feature) throws off the color accuracy/balance just a bit, so it takes a small shift in hue setting to compensate for it, as well as lowering color setting a notch. I also reflected the brightness of 46 (thus disabling the CE dimming fluctuations), and I also went a little less aggressive on cinema black to have less noticeable brightness adjustment in dark scenes... So these would be my settings for utilizing dynamic contrast/micro-dimming pro (all changes highlighted, other settings remain unchanged):

--Picture menu--
Mode: CAL-DAY
Backlight: 8 (this is good all-around, but for nighttime 6 is actually enough, and for bright rooms during day one can bump it up to 10 or as needed...)

--Advanced settings--

--Color Space--
Blue: Red 0, Green 11, Blue 49
Magenta: Red 48, Green 12, Blue 50

White balance:
2 Point:
R-Offset: -6
G-Offset: -2
B-Offset: -1
R-Gain: +5

10 Point:
10%: Red +48, Green +50, Blue +36
20%: Red +47, Green +44, Blue +50
30%: Red +34, Green +36, Blue +43
40%: Red -27, Green -26, Blue -25
50%: Red -40, Green -38, Blue -34
60%: Red -31, Green -29, Blue -26
70%: Red -24, Green -20, Blue -16
80%: Red -13, Green -9, Blue -9
90%: Red -7, Green -4, Blue -4
100%: Red -2, Green 0, Blue 0

--Picture options--

Auto Motion Plus submenu ("clear" actually works well, but if customized I use these settings):
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 2
LED Clear Motion: Off

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Picture menu--
Backlight: 8 (some may choose a bit higher backlight in brighter rooms or go down to 6 for dark room viewing)

--Advanced settings--
Gamma: +1

--Color Space--
Blue: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 49
Magenta: Red 47, Green 9, Blue 50

White balance:
2 Point:
R-Offset: -5
G-Offset: 0
B-Offset: +3
R-Gain: +6

10 Point:
10%: Red +48, Green +46, Blue +50
20%: Red +48, Green +43, Blue +50
30%: Red +4, Green +1, Blue +8
40%: Red -50, Green -48, Blue -50
50%: Red -50, Green -48, Blue -43
60%: Red -40, Green -38, Blue -35
70%: Red -32, Green -27, Blue -22
80%: Red -20, Green -17, Blue -16
90%: Red -9, Green -8, Blue -7
100%: Red +1, Green 0, Blue 0

--Picture options--

I have the 65" 7150--I have 4 picture modes, but cal-day isn't one of them. I have dynamic, natural, movie and standard. Am I missing something?
post #1971 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benananda View Post
If other calibrations aren't working try PC mode...
Benananda, that's actually a good idea: creating also just basic settings without touching white balance and color settings, for the case the other calibrated settings don't translate well on a specific set. In that case, I would indeed recommend using Movie mode (it is the most accurate factory preset) with the following basic settings that I checked for most accuracy:

--Picture menu--
Brightness: 46 (or 47 if it doesn't introduce brightness fluctuations/CE dimming effects)
Color: 51

--Advanced settings--
Color space: Auto
White Balance: unchanged (all "0")
10p White Balance: Off

--Picture options--
post #1972 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
@chwtom

I think it's just movie mode calibrated for day time viewing or something like that.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
post #1973 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm going to be picking up a UN55H7150 this weekend from Best Buy. Are there any warranties I should look into buying or is Samsung's warranty good enough? I've heard Square Trade mentioned some places as well.
post #1974 of 5364 Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have the 65" 7150--I have 4 picture modes, but cal-day isn't one of them. I have dynamic, natural, movie and standard. Am I missing something?
CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT have to be unlocked in the service mode, as follows:

Before you start, be sure you are comfortable with navigating service mode without making any other changes than described below!!! Making any other adjustments could mess up your TV, so do at your own risk... But as long as you just follow the steps, it's not a big deal to do...

Using the old style remote (not the little smart remote):

1. Turn the TV Off.
2. With the remote control press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power. It takes a few seconds and then the SM will appear
3. Arrow down to SVC and press the Enter button in the center of the arrows
4. Arrow down to Expert and press Enter
Note: If I remember right, on H7150 “Expert” settings may be in a different submenu of one of the first tier menu options, so you might need to find them ("Return" button on the remote takes you out of any submenu you enter, so you can easily enter and exit - just don't change any other values!)
5 . In "Expert" submenu Right click on N/D ADJ to ON --- NOT FIX
6. Press Enter
7. Press Power
8. Wait a few seconds
9. Press Power
10. The Picture Mode will start in Dynamic
11. Change Picture Mode (now you will see CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT modes listed as well)
12. Done
ExTek, CleoPatrudo and Strycker like this.
post #1975 of 5364 Old 11-22-2014, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Just purchased a 65" 7150! I had two questions:

-Is there anything I should do first when I unbox and mount the TV?
-What is the best recomended settings

I wont be able to do any of this till we move (bought it for the new house). But I wanted to make sure that I did everything I should since this is going to be my first TV that is worth anything. (Currently have a 720p 32" Coby for the past 6 years. So its a little bit of an exciting upgrade for me )
post #1976 of 5364 Old 11-22-2014, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natorius View Post
I'm going to be picking up a UN55H7150 this weekend from Best Buy. Are there any warranties I should look into buying or is Samsung's warranty good enough? I've heard Square Trade mentioned some places as well.

If you use amex they will double samsung warranty so 1 year + 1 year amex coverage, which is pretty good!

bb extra warranty is expensive, if you want try buying from costco
post #1977 of 5364 Old 11-22-2014, 03:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread

Hello all,I just purchased the 60" version of the 7150. I am getting a little concerned that there is a problem with the 60" version ie panel lottery. My understanding is that if I went up to the 65" I would get the Samsung panel. 65" is really pushing it as far as size in my room. What to do,what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

SONY XBR-65X900F - Sony UDP X800- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR6013 - APPLE TV -DIRECTV HR44 -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY RC50'S L/R-ENERGY RC LCR- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE

Last edited by tang7969; 11-22-2014 at 03:07 PM.
post #1978 of 5364 Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Just got my 65" 7150 last night.

I'll have a look at Z-Mad's settings, etc. Is it best to run the tv for a few hours/day to "break it in" before trying settings or does tat really matter anymore.

I haven't even looked through the menu on the tv yet. So, the settings suggested above are for Cal-Day Mode and Movie Mode. If I try those and like them would I just program my Harmony to go to the Cal Day during normal tv watching and then Movie mode for Blu Ray? I don't assume there's an easy way to toggle with just the tv or remote itself.
post #1979 of 5364 Old 11-22-2014, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Remote for Service Mode

Quote:

I'm assuming the smart remote is the one that comes with the TV? I've never owned any other Samsung TVs, so I don't have an old style remote. Any options besides borrowing one from a friend?

Thanks,
Ned
post #1980 of 5364 Old 11-22-2014, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

Before you start, be sure you are comfortable with navigating service mode without making any other changes than described below!!! Making any other adjustments could mess up your TV, so do at your own risk... But as long as you just follow the steps, it's not a big deal to do...

1. Turn the TV Off.
2. With the remote control press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power. It takes a few seconds and then the SM will appear
3. Arrow down to SVC and press the Enter button in the center of the arrows
4. Arrow down to Expert and press Enter
Note: If I remember right, on H7150 “Expert” settings may be in a different submenu of one of the first tier menu options, so you might need to find them ("Return" button on the remote takes you out of any submenu you enter, so you can easily enter and exit - just don't change any other values!)
5 . In "Expert" submenu Right click on N/D ADJ to ON --- NOT FIX
6. Press Enter
7. Press Power
8. Wait a few seconds
9. Press Power
10. The Picture Mode will start in Dynamic
11. Change Picture Mode (now you will see CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT modes listed as well)
12. Done
No way to do it with the new remote if my TV didn't come with the old style one? Also are all of them supposed to come with both remotes or no?

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page