Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #2101 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post
I just checked and the ECO settings are still off on mine. Had to raise backlight on Cal-Day to 10 to get it back to where it was before on my 60" Sharp panel.
So after raising backlight to 10, does that fix everything and does it look normal otherwise (as before), or are you seeing other issues with the picture?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItNeverWorks View Post
Will do. I did some more looking for older firmware this morning and couldn't find anything. It's just odd behavior overall. The ARC should really only be sending audio from the TV antenna to the receiver, not from everything that goes into the receiver to the TV. Since disabling the connection on the receiver fixes the problem it seems to be some major issue with Anynet for the update. I just don't get to use Anynet anymore, and I was really getting used to and liking having the one remote control basically everything

Also, since the TV seems to no longer see the receiver, the arc channel isn't sending to the receiver either (not even an option in sound). If I actually watched a lot of OTA TV I'd also be upset that I can't get my TV audio to the receiver as well.
By the way, the previous firmware version is still downloadable on Samsung's website: can be downloaded onto a USB. Not sure if the TV will accept to overwrite a newer version, but could be worth the try. Now, I have not tried this myself either, so certainly please try at your own risk, though I'd think if you simply install their official firmware (whatever the version) from a USB, there shouldn't be any issues...
post #2103 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
So after raising backlight to 10, does that fix everything and does it look normal otherwise (as before), or are you seeing other issues with the picture?
On mine I don't have any of the other issues other than it got dimmer than before. Increasing the backlight fixed it for me but I haven't watched a movie on it so just compressed robbers (Rogers) hdtv so far. I took some random pics of service menu but didn't change anything wouldn't know what to do in there. I will post them once I get them off the phone I hope they came out good.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2104 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post
On mine I don't have any of the other issues other than it got dimmer than before. Increasing the backlight fixed it for me but I haven't watched a movie on it so just compressed robbers (Rogers) hdtv so far. I took some random pics of service menu but didn't change anything wouldn't know what to do in there. I will post them once I get them off the phone I hope they came out good.
pics

Z-Mad likes this.

--------------------
Denon AVR-S710W

Last edited by milkk; 11-26-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: pasted wrong link for image and adding more pics
post #2105 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On mine, I put the Dynamic Contrast to low, left the backlight at 8. This is under movie settings I used from Zmad

Last edited by Cobra30; 11-26-2014 at 07:20 PM.
post #2106 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just wanted to update you guys on the dimming of update 2122, i,m a 6350 owner of the 48" variety and after extensive viewing of gaming,cable,etc. The update did indeed dim the picture but only slightly. I checked to see if Eco was enabled but no my settings didn't get touched which leads me to believe this update must have screwed with the CE dimming somewhat and I hope samsung investigates this issue because my picture was perfect before this.

Hope it's as simple as reverting the CE dimming to the way it was previously with the 2120 firmware.
post #2107 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra30 View Post
On mine, I put the Dynamic Contrast to low, left the backlight at 8. This is under movie settings I used from Zmad
my Cinema Black was reset to off after the update so I set it back to medium (Cal-Day setting) not sure if that was from update or going into service menu.

--------------------
Denon AVR-S710W
post #2108 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 View Post
I just wanted to update you guys on the dimming of update 2122, i,m a 6350 owner of the 48" variety and after extensive viewing of gaming,cable,etc. The update did indeed dim the picture but only slightly. I checked to see if Eco was enabled but no my settings didn't get touched which leads me to believe this update must have screwed with the CE dimming somewhat and I hope samsung investigates this issue because my picture was perfect before this.

Hope it's as simple as reverting the CE dimming to the way it was previously with the 2120 firmware.
Are you saying you can't just increase the backlight setting a bit to compensate for it and get the same level of light-output as before? Or does the picture appear dimmer regardless? Just wondering if this is something worth messing with, or rather skipping the update for now...
post #2109 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you saying you can't just increase the backlight setting a bit to compensate for it and get the same level of light-output as before? Or does the picture appear dimmer regardless? Just wondering if this is something worth messing with, or rather skipping the update for now...
well my previous backlight setting was 11 before the update to 2122, but now to get the same level i have to up it somewhat like maybe 12 or 13. but yes it looks similar but something is indeed off with the picture, i think it's something to do with CE dimming but not sure, all i know is the picture was perfect before, but after the update the screen looked slightly dimmer. I can increase the backlight to compensate but still if it aint broke i'd say don't fix it!!

Note to Samsung get this fixed ASAP!
post #2110 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Also i'd like to thank Z-Mad for actually bringing this issue to the attention of Samsung, hopefully their techs can look into this and revert the PQ to the way it was.
post #2111 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 View Post
well my previous backlight setting was 11 before the update to 2122, but now to get the same level i have to up it somewhat like maybe 12 or 13. but yes it looks similar but something is indeed off with the picture, i think it's something to do with CE dimming but not sure, all i know is the picture was perfect before, but after the update the screen looked slightly dimmer. I can increase the backlight to compensate but still if it aint broke i'd say don't fix it!!

Note to Samsung get this fixed ASAP!
I see... it almost seems as if they may be trying to dim the "imperfections" of the screen such as the flashlight effect and overall screen uniformity - most people in this forum seem to have gone through a couple if not more sets in the search of one that has decent uniformity. If this registers as high level of returns, that triggers a reaction to try to conceal the imperfections that force people to keep exchanging their sets... That could have easily been the reason, but I am of course only speculating... If they achieve deeper blacks in general, that's great; but if they are just overemphasizing the CE dimming, that's a bad move for sure... If it's CE dimming and it can be disabled, that would help... Hopefully they explain the update a bit more at some point on their website...
They should have just included the hardware based local dimming on this set, instead of reserving it only for the curved H8000 - I also hope they finally give up the curved screens that nobody ever asked for and no-one wants! Such BS - how can curving just a 65" screen immerse you more into the picture? If the TV is as big as my wall and thus needs to wrap around a bit like in a movie theater, then yes, but a 65" screen curved is a complete joke!
Lost_Mind and venus933 like this.
post #2112 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I see... it almost seems as if they may be trying to dim the "imperfections" of the screen such as the flashlight effect and overall screen uniformity - most people in this forum seem to have gone through a couple if not more sets in the search of one that has decent uniformity. If this registers as high level of returns, that triggers a reaction to try to conceal the imperfections that force people to keep exchanging their sets... That could have easily been the reason, but I am of course only speculating... If they achieve deeper blacks in general, that's great; but if they are just overemphasizing the CE dimming, that's a bad move for sure... If it's CE dimming and it can be disabled, that would help... Hopefully they explain the update a bit more at some point on their website...
They should have just included the hardware based local dimming on this set, instead of reserving it only for the curved H8000 - I also hope they finally give up the curved screens that nobody ever asked for and no-one wants! Such BS - how can curving just a 65" screen immerse you more into the picture? If the TV is as big as my wall and thus needs to wrap around a bit like in a movie theater, then yes, but a 65" screen curved is a complete joke!
It seems that way, i'm hoping for a fix
post #2113 of 5363 Old 11-26-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question UN55H7150AFXZA Calibration Settings ???

Hello,

Well after 9 years, I'm moving my Samsung 46" DLP into the kid's play room and got myself a 55" LED tonight at Best Buy on their Black Friday Deal.
Just got it set up, and really am pleased with it so far, but I would like to play around with the calibration settings, and was hoping someone could give me some recommended settings for this model??

Thank you guys for your help!
post #2114 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Flashlights...UN65H7150

Hi all, been a long time since I have posted but been a member for a while. I just received my UN65H7150 yesterday. It is beautiful...but I have noticed small flashlights on each corner nothing big but they were there. So I did some research thru this thread not all of them but alot and it seems that this is a common issue. I am sure this has been talked about many times but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and a resolution...other than returning it and trying a new panel. FYI my panel is the Samsung TH01....so my point is and call me crazy but I decided to loosen the four corner screws in the back of the panel and well the flashlights got significantly less...I mean like totally gone in three of the four corners and barely noticeable in one. Has anybody else tried this and also had success. Sorry if this has been talked about before....also very little clouding issue with this panel so this TV as of right now is a keeper.
post #2115 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
hi looking for a little input on this I have a Samsung 65 7150led tv. my question is I also have Verizon fios in boston and we lost channel 25. there is the 4 oclock football game on fox 25 that I don't have anymore which means no watching the game. is there any way to get this channel over the air digital tuner in the tv also what steps do I take to do this also I don't have an outside antenna is there anything else I could use thank you in advance
post #2116 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapconn View Post
Hi all, been a long time since I have posted but been a member for a while. I just received my UN65H7150 yesterday. It is beautiful...but I have noticed small flashlights on each corner nothing big but they were there. So I did some research thru this thread not all of them but alot and it seems that this is a common issue. I am sure this has been talked about many times but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and a resolution...other than returning it and trying a new panel. FYI my panel is the Samsung TH01....so my point is and call me crazy but I decided to loosen the four corner screws in the back of the panel and well the flashlights got significantly less...I mean like totally gone in three of the four corners and barely noticeable in one. Has anybody else tried this and also had success. Sorry if this has been talked about before....also very little clouding issue with this panel so this TV as of right now is a keeper.
It has been talked about before with some success from posters. How much did you loosen the screws?
post #2117 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
It has been talked about before with some success from posters. How much did you loosen the screws?
I loosened them pretty good at least three turns out if not more. I tried different amounts to see if there was a difference. They disappeared when I loosened them and reappeared when I tightened them again.....I was actually surprised to see it had that much difference. Now again, my flashlights at each corner were not big but noticeable.
post #2118 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny 21 View Post
Verizon fios in boston [dropped] channel 25. .... is there any way to get this channel over the air digital tuner ... I don't have an outside antenna
If your FiOS carrier dropped it, you won't be able to tune it in without an antenna.
post #2119 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey guys, I got the 55 inch of H7150 and loveeeee it. I have a question tho, was it dumb of me for buying this tv for 999 when I could of gotten a 4k tv for like 2 hundred more dollars? I don't want to feel like I bought an outdated tech. I was really anti against 4k but now even family members told me I should of gone with a 4K tv for the same price or higher.

Thank you.
post #2120 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadRAWR View Post
Hey guys, I got the 55 inch of H7150 and loveeeee it. I have a question tho, was it dumb of me for buying this tv for 999 when I could of gotten a 4k tv for like 2 hundred more dollars? I don't want to feel like I bought an outdated tech. I was really anti against 4k but now even family members told me I should of gone with a 4K tv for the same price or higher.

Thank you.
You're good. 4k is useless right now and it's still gonna be a while regardless of what some sales guy tells you.
Lost_Mind and Point618 like this.

Last edited by AncientAlien; 11-27-2014 at 03:55 PM.
post #2121 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Would you get the 7150 or the 7250 at the same price?
post #2122 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Question for z-mad or anyone who may know..
I have the 65" 7150 with a ps4 and xbox one and a direct tv box.
All goes into my Marantz sr 7008 avr.
With only using one imput on yhe tv, am i better using z mads settings ( i am now).
Or changing the input to pc and changing the ps4 and xb1 to full rgb outputs?
The ps4 is used for blu rays mostly and some gaming.
The Xbox one gaming only.
Directv is of course tv.
I know that most settings get grayed out when the PC input in engaged and standard is selected.
Im wondering if all my gaming on both consoles will be so much improved it will be worth sacrificing some performance on dtv.
Im not sure if Blu rays will be compromised at all.. Again im just not sure.
Ive read so many conflicting opinions on this very thing.
Just looking for thoughts...

Am i right in thinking that turning the tv into a computer screen will be more accurate and higher performing in the area of colors and black levels or is this nit what the pc input trick does.
I know some say for gaming it will improve greatly.
But Again, so many conflicting reports on the whole full vs limited thing.

Last edited by JESSIE DART; 11-27-2014 at 05:17 PM.
post #2123 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSIE DART View Post
Question for z-mad or anyone who may know..
I have the 65" 7150 with a ps4 and xbox one and a direct tv box.
All goes into my Marantz sr 7008 avr.
With only using one imput on yhe tv, am i better using z mads settings ( i am now).
Or changing the input to pc and changing the ps4 and xb1 to full rgb outputs?
The ps4 is used for blu rays mostly and some gaming.
The Xbox one gaming only.
Directv is of course tv.
I know that most settings get grayed out when the PC input in engaged and standard is selected.
Im wondering if all my gaming on both consoles will be so much improved it will be worth sacrificing some performance on dtv.
Im not sure if Blu rays will be compromised at all.. Again im just not sure.
Ive read so many conflicting opinions on this very thing.
Just looking for thoughts...

Am i right in thinking that turning the tv into a computer screen will be more accurate and higher performing in the area of colors and black levels or is this nit what the pc input trick does.
I know some say for gaming it will improve greatly.
But Again, so many conflicting reports on the whole full vs limited thing.
The ps4 on full with tv on full (hdmi normal)will look identical to the ps4 on limited and tv on limited. Blu-Ray should be fine because they're only in a limited format to begin with. Just keep it on limited and your tv on hdmi low. If you reverse them you'll have black crush or grey blacks.
post #2124 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 60
hey z-mad, I have my settings the exact same way I've had for awhile..
almost identical to what you have , except sharpness set higher...

I think I found a compromise setting that makes viewing all sources
close to the way it was ... I had to increase gamma + 1 ...

which is strange, I've never had to mess with the gamma setting ...
this seems to be the only way to 'correct' my problem right now

I haven't really tested it out much though, been busy with other
things past few days. Will keep on observing, and in the mean time, I've turned off auto update for now...

Oh , and it was dark in general , from one channel to the other... and
eco and power savings are off..
thanks for you're help/advice

Quote:
By the way, for those who installed the new update, when you say "dim", how dim or dark does the picture get? Is it only in dark scenes or in general? Is it something that is fixed by simply increasing backlight setting, or does it still dim picture at certain times?

I have not installed the update yet and may skip this one given the feedback. However, it seems to me they tweaked the CE dimming. I believe there may be a CE dimming entry in the service menu of the TV as well, which could be disabled altogether... Or the CE dimming might have a couple of settings and the update changed the setting for it in the service menu. Turning off CE dimming completely in the SM might fix the issue, though I am not suggesting anyone to play with the SM unless they know exactly what they are doing... I'd also check the ECO Solution settings in the regular menu under System: Eco Sensor and power saving options should be turned off. The update could have turned them on...
post #2125 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Long time member since my rear projection LCD sony kdfxs955 but see they changed the site and had to rejoin. Anyway, just wanted to say that I picked up the 60" 7150 yesterday at BB. I was a little worried after the first few hours of viewing without tweaking having been spoiled by my sony televisions (had another one since the xs955) but wanted to thank z-mad for offering his settings to make me really appreciate this screen. I did make a few adjustments to z-mads settings however. I followed everything to the T including using the custom color space and 10-point white balance. HDMI black level should definitely be set on low for directv viewing. The big changes I made though were with backlighting (14-17) and sharpness (20-40). I understand the traditional reasons for z-mads backlighing and sharpness settings but everyone has a different liking and these new screens are meant to pop, and to do so, you need higher backlighting and sharpness. I made the changes last night and used football all day today to confirm and I could not be more pleased with this tv. Hard to believe I spent over 3 grand on that sony rear projection over 12 years ago and see where we are at today with prices and picture quality.

I read a lot of this thread and observed that many do not consider the source of HD before making a decision with regards to picture quality. The quality (compression) of HD varies SO much between channels and even shows! It's NOT the tv most of the time but the source you are making a judgement. My two cents for what its worth.

Bottom line - this is an excellent set for the price.
post #2126 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
The ps4 on full with tv on full (hdmi normal)will look identical to the ps4 on limited and tv on limited. Blu-Ray should be fine because they're only in a limited format to begin with. Just keep it on limited and your tv on hdmi low. If you reverse them you'll have black crush or grey blacks.
That I understand..
Im wondering more about the nature of pc mode and what it does for games and what us does, good or bad for blu ray and dtv
post #2127 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Motion Lighting.. Does anyone use this? If so, what's it used for
post #2128 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FOX Now App

Went looking for the Fox Now app, could not find it listed as option for H7150.
Searched the Samsung site, site states not supported when I select un46h7150

Does not seem correct? Am I missing something?
post #2129 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 92
quick question. Im in the market
for a 70-75 inch tv. Im interested
in low input lag for games, good
PQ, and RELIABLE. lve somewhat
read horrible things concerning
problems with some sony 70
inchers and a some Samsung 75
inchers.

Wanted to ask also,
noticed the input lag is pretty
good according to input lag database. I noticed the tv had to be in the PC inputNot sure if just labeling the input PC or actually the set having a PC input. Thanks.

lve looked at the 6350 and 7150 but cant wrap my head around the $1000 differencw
post #2130 of 5363 Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadRAWR View Post

Thank you.
I don't know, 4K is really nice. Just kidding.
I have been reading your post on this forum and Slick Deals. Just how many TV's have you bought and taken back in the last two months? I think it's about 6 or 7? I bet Best Buy employees call you by your first name by now. Hopefully you can learn to like your current set . Rtings.com rated it as one of the best this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page