Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2161 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Senior Member
 
brick33308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got the 65h7150. Out of the box the picture looks fantastic. Admittedly I'm not as TV-savvy as many people here, so can someone explain to me how the out of box settings compare to what my 65h7150 would look like with Z-mad's settings? I don't know if I'm comfortable messing around in the service menu, and I'm just trying to decide if for my level of satisfaction which is already high, modifying the settings will make me that much happier. There's a side of me that says "don't fix what ain't broke" and "leave well enough alone".
brick33308 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2162 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Member
 
dtokarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by de8212 View Post
I know, I have the tv. I want to get additional pairs for the kids, etc.
My bad. You can get some at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-51.../dp/B00INO6JX2

Edit: I see someone else already found some for you.
dtokarz is offline  
post #2163 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Member
 
JimT1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Are there any other model 3D glasses that work with these TVs?
JimT1701 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2164 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Member
 
dmccusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Need help with wall mount - UN55H7150

Hello,

I just purchased my UN55H7150 this morning and the wall mount I have (it's universal) isn't working properly. There are threads in the holes at the back of the TV but only at the very end so the screws from the old wall mount don't screw in so the bracket sits firm against the back of the TV. Are there some kind of adapters I need? If so, does anyone know the part number? If not, I'm assuming I just need to go to a Lowes of Home Depot to purchase some different bolts and/or washers?
dmccusk is offline  
post #2165 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
milkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccusk View Post
Hello,

I just purchased my UN55H7150 this morning and the wall mount I have (it's universal) isn't working properly. There are threads in the holes at the back of the TV but only at the very end so the screws from the old wall mount don't screw in so the bracket sits firm against the back of the TV. Are there some kind of adapters I need? If so, does anyone know the part number? If not, I'm assuming I just need to go to a Lowes of Home Depot to purchase some different bolts and/or washers?
Just use shorter screws? I know from when Whalen stands I have to get M8 30 screws and use washers because the M8's that came with the stand are M8 40 which are way too long for the Samsung tv's I had the same issue with my 6300 also.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
milkk is offline  
post #2166 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
117olddude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West of LA
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just picked up a 55" 7150 today at BestBuy. I went to take a look at it with the idea of ordering one and having it delivered, but surprise, surprise, it fit in my Acura TL's back seat. Got to buy it AND drive it home.

It looked very good "out of the box," and I've been slowly tweaking it. Movie mode for BD/SD is looking extremely clean and rich right now out of my Oppo 103, as I've applied some of the calibrations contained in this thread. I plan to apply some more in the next few days, and possibly run the M&S calibration disc from Oppo as well. Watching TV from DirectTV box in Standard is good, but still needs some adjusting to bring it down a bit.

I bought it to replace a 2007 Samsung flatscreen that is still working well but is getting a bit long in the tooth. The 7150 is really an improvement, at least to my old eyes.

Have not, at this point, seen any of the negatives I'm reading about on this thread. Maybe I got lucky and got a "good one."
117olddude is offline  
post #2167 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Member
 
dmccusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post
Just use shorter screws? I know from when Whalen stands I have to get M8 30 screws and use washers because the M8's that came with the stand are M8 40 which are way too long for the Samsung tv's I had the same issue with my 6300 also.
Thanks, I figured that would probably be the case. Off to Lowes I go...
conkris likes this.
dmccusk is offline  
post #2168 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Newbie
 
durster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs down What part of auto upate off doesn't samsung understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 View Post
It seems that way, i'm hoping for a fix
I'm a bit p***ed of right now. I have auto update turned off, because I finally have the tv dialed in to where I like it. I came home today and turned on the tv and every channel looked horrible. I remember seeing the post stating that the new update dimmed and washed out the picture so I checked my version and low and behold I have the new version. My wife said something popped up on the screen about an update and she did it. I don't blame her for updating the firmware because she is not tech savvy, but what part of AUTO UPDATE DISABLED does Samsung not understand? I don't want pop ups telling me or my wife a new version is available, I am smart enough to be able to check and decide myself!!! Now I have to start over because the picture is horrible and I tried adjustment suggested and it still looks horrible. I think I will try Z-MADS and go from there.
durster is offline  
post #2169 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Member
 
LReyes66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey guys, i was originally set on getting the 60" h7150 from BBY today but i ended up walking out purchasing a 55" sony X850B 4k tv because i was drawn into it. I paid for it but wont be picking it up til tomorrow (in my suv). After reading some reviews on here about it, it seems like a hit or miss cause of the flash lighting / 3D issues.

Well now im considering exchanging it for the 60" h7150 (or maybe the 65" if they have it in stock since its the same price).. and was wondering on the input lag from ps4 gaming, how are the blacks and is there chance of flashlighting... and lastly how is the 3d?

I was set on 4k after tonight but at the end of the day id rather have a higher quality panel.
LReyes66 is offline  
post #2170 of 5363 Old 11-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 53
yup for me, this latest update did dim the pic a noticeable bit..

PS3+4---> CHiNGOBLiNG ; XB1X -->cata1= RUBEN...YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!... "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER".7/22/16....just a KLIPSCH NUT..>7/22/16...2new videos show..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWO0YtCWQxI.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIen05Wcg9w. u can even look from when I started about to present day.... i stutter sometimes....
ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
post #2171 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Senior Member
 
milkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I knew my 60" 7150 had flash lighting issues but wow sometimes right before a movie starts or if a channel is slow to change wow it's pretty noticeable hehe .. doesn't bother me because i don't see it when whatever i'm watching is on but wow. I know for sure my 6300 was nowhere near this bad. If I knew Canada was going to get those Black Friday prices the USA got I would of gotten the 65" instead lol since there is a better chance with a Samsung panel.

On another note anyone know how to make the smart hub stay on the video setting other than Dynamic lol it seems to change automatically when you go into it.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
milkk is offline  
post #2172 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 12:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok, I read each any every post. A bit sleepy now but I made it.

I originally purchased the 60" but now knowing it's a Sharp panel I feel a bit cheated. I'm not opposed to outsourcing components and I'm guessing this isn't a Sharp panel exactly, more or less made to Samsung specs.

The 60" is $300 (plus tax) more than the 55" and the 55" comes with a true Samsung panel. What's the real scoop? This wasn't exactly answered even though several people asked? Is the Samsung panel really much better or just assumed?

I prefer 60" but don't want to spend $300 more for if the 55" is better quality. Unfortunately the 65" won't fit. I can make do with 55" I'm upgrading from a Samsung 46".

Many thanks!!
Pancake14 is offline  
post #2173 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 02:35 AM
Newbie
 
nuv22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is anyone else seeing any issues with the apps resetting? under the new update 2122.0
nuv22 is offline  
post #2174 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 03:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have read way too much into tvs today... Anyways, I now dread the 60inch even though the size would be perfect. If I were to go 55 or 65 i noticed the input lag or response speed was 44ish ms. I thought that would be fine until I saw my current 5 year old Toshiba panel has a response speed of 8ms... I do ALOT of gaming and along with random screen issues that it NY biggest worry.
Bait_Fish is offline  
post #2175 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 05:22 AM
Member
 
JoeC8080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: central Florida
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick33308 View Post
I've got the 65h7150. Out of the box the picture looks fantastic. Admittedly I'm not as TV-savvy as many people here, so can someone explain to me how the out of box settings compare to what my 65h7150 would look like with Z-mad's settings? I don't know if I'm comfortable messing around in the service menu, and I'm just trying to decide if for my level of satisfaction which is already high, modifying the settings will make me that much happier. There's a side of me that says "don't fix what ain't broke" and "leave well enough alone".
I am also not comfortable messing with the Service Menu.
For me, Movie Mode was too dark so I use Standard.
Here are some other basic settings I adjusted:

Picture

Standard
Backlight 6 to 8
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharpness 25
Color 53
Tint 0 or middle...

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast Low
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB Only Mode Off
Color Space Native
Gamma 0

Picture Options

Color Tone Warm 1
Digital Clean View Auto
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Low
Film Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus Off
Cinema Black Low

----

The Brightness setting is critical on Black levels or shadows - dark scenes...
Plus or minus a few on the setting and scenes can be too dark or too light.

__________________________________________
andrantis likes this.
JoeC8080 is offline  
post #2176 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Member
 
Point618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Western PA
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Did anyone have a problem concerning an inverted image? Iv'e owned the UN65H7150 for less than a week and I woke up to an upside down picture. I checked my BR player and it plays inverted as well. Contacted Samsung and they are going to send someone. The thing is, the picture is clear as day just upside down. Weird.

Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050
Emotiva XPS-5 Amp, Music Hall MMF 5.3 SE Turntable w/Ortophon Bronze Cart.
Paradigm Studio 40's in the front, a CC-370 Center, ADP 370 Surrounds,2 monitors for the back surrounds, 4 Cinema 110's as heights,Paradigm UC12 sub & an SVS PC13 Ultra
Oppo BDP-203
Vizio 2016 P65-C1
Point618 is offline  
post #2177 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Member
 
Cnemie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait_Fish View Post
I have read way too much into tvs today... Anyways, I now dread the 60inch even though the size would be perfect. If I were to go 55 or 65 i noticed the input lag or response speed was 44ish ms. I thought that would be fine until I saw my current 5 year old Toshiba panel has a response speed of 8ms... I do ALOT of gaming and along with random screen issues that it NY biggest worry.

Most current Samsung LED TVs have input lag numbers around 40ms in Game or PC mode. There is a slight variation, but expect 40ms. If you want anything less you should look at the Sony offerings and sacrifice picture quality.

I have the 55H7150 and I play alot of games. I find it satisfactory. I am old,, so I already suffer input lag compared to pesky teenagers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cnemie is offline  
post #2178 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Mapconn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuv22 View Post
is anyone else seeing any issues with the apps resetting? under the new update 2122.0
I believe I may have.....last night watching Netflix the picture started freezing off and on then finally locked up for good. I noticed my receivers audio input was turning off/on also. I could not exit Netflix until I finally just shut the TV off and then back on. Got back into Netflix and watched a movie...all was fine again. Not sure if that's the same as to what you are asking but that's what happened to me in an app.
Mapconn is offline  
post #2179 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Member
 
Khiladi1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Last night I was using the Netflix app and had no problems while watching a movie. Then I went to the YouTube app and after about 20-30 minutes, it started getting really slow until the app finally froze up. Couldn't exit. Had to turn the TV off and back on. Just recently updated to 2122 as well.
Khiladi1020 is offline  
post #2180 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Member
 
Mapconn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khiladi1020 View Post
Last night I was using the Netflix app and had no problems while watching a movie. Then I went to the YouTube app and after about 20-30 minutes, it started getting really slow until the app finally froze up. Couldn't exit. Had to turn the TV off and back on. Just recently updated to 2122 as well.
Yep....that's exactly what happened to me as well like I mentioned in the post above yours....except mine was Netflix .....I also have the same updated firmware.
Mapconn is offline  
post #2181 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Hi all, 1st) got newer better hdmi cable coming. 2nd) I don't know if it uverse, but watching football looks almost NO BETTER. Than 2010 Mitsubishi wd73640. Been messing with motion settings and noise filter, crap. I'm highly suspect of uverse. But for sure if I turn off any noise filter the pic looks like 2009. Any suggestions?
ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
post #2182 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Mk3_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Whenever I turn on my 65H7100 I notice that there is a mic on the bottom left corner. I believe this has something to do with the smart remote. How do I disable this? I looked through the settings, but can't seem to find anything that has to do with turning this on/off.
Mk3_wagen is offline  
post #2183 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Newbie
 
Heather A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by void0r View Post
Double checked and I have the HH01 panel. I used the below settings found in another thread with good results. Looks like my 60" is staying.

Picture preset: Movie
Backlight 14 (I prefer 20 during the day, 5 in a pitch black room)
Contrast 100
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0 (10 max)
Color: 50
Tint: G50/G50
Picture size: Screen Fit
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
Color space Native
10p White balance Off
Gamma 0
Color tone Warm2
Digital Clean View Off
MPEG noise filter Off
HDMI Black level Low
Film Mode Auto1
Motion Plus On (LED Clear: On, Anti-Blur 10, Anti-Judder 0)
Smart LED High
Cinema Black On

White Balance:
R-Offset 24
G-Offset 24
B-Offset 24
R-Gain 32
G-Gain 42
B-Gain 50
Thank you!!! I just picked up my UN60H7150 yesterday and the settings were killing me. This makes a huge difference.
Heather A is offline  
post #2184 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 02:31 PM
Newbie
 
GSmitty77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake14 View Post
Ok, I read each any every post. A bit sleepy now but I made it.

I originally purchased the 60" but now knowing it's a Sharp panel I feel a bit cheated. I'm not opposed to outsourcing components and I'm guessing this isn't a Sharp panel exactly, more or less made to Samsung specs.

The 60" is $300 (plus tax) more than the 55" and the 55" comes with a true Samsung panel. What's the real scoop? This wasn't exactly answered even though several people asked? Is the Samsung panel really much better or just assumed?

I prefer 60" but don't want to spend $300 more for if the 55" is better quality. Unfortunately the 65" won't fit. I can make do with 55" I'm upgrading from a Samsung 46".

Many thanks!!

I'm in the same position where 65" is too large for where I place the TV, 60" fits well, and I also question if the 55" Samsung panel is 'better' enough to warrant stepping down by 5".

I've got several weeks to make this decision, but for now I've made the Z-Madd updates, minus going into the service config, so not the complete Z-Madd config changes. I like the picture so far, and will probably let things simmer for a bit more burn in before considering going into the service config.

But for those that are questioning the quality of the Sharp 60" panel over Samsung, I found this post and thread via Google search. (Have no idea who these people are or how accurate their comments are, so just sharing.)

"The 60" has a Sharp panel. Samsung does not produce any 60" panels, no matter the series. Based on other 60" Sharp panels that we tested this year (inside other brands), this is actually a good thing. They have slightly less motion blur. However, the viewing angle is narrower (but it is not like Samsung panels have great viewing angles anyway)."

Above quote out of this thread:
xxx.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/samsung/h7150[/url]

Too few post to allow a link posting, so xxx instead of www)

The viewing angle is not as critical to me as the slightly less blur. I will also summarize that multiple times in the linked thread, they commented that the 60" 7100/7150 is a fine TV, and recommended that for sure the extra 5" over the 55" was worthy!

I still have not validated that the Panel Version GH02 is a Sharp, but pretty reasonable that it is. Still wonder what the differences are between a GH02 and the more often noted HH01. But, while I still wonder - I'm pretty happy with the 60" at this time, and thinking I have a 'keeper'.

Best to all,
Smitty
GSmitty77 is offline  
post #2185 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Newbie
 
GSmitty77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather A View Post
Thank you!!! I just picked up my UN60H7150 yesterday and the settings were killing me. This makes a huge difference.

I've been please with the Z-Mad config even though I have not drilled into the Service level changes yet. Those were done under Standard vs Movie. You might want to do an A/B to compare this if interested. (I'm leaving things 'as is' to let things burn in a bit. And to also let me integrate an also new Oppo BDP-103D into the mix.)

Will play more with other config changes in the future...

Best to all,
Smitty
GSmitty77 is offline  
post #2186 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
I discussed a similar situation with Benananda - as he pointed out as well. What you are describing is a grayscale tint, meaning that the 10 point white balance settings are not compatible with your particular set: this is rather normal as each TV is unique in those terms. Sometimes the settings work out great, sometimes they don't depending on the panel. So just disable the 10 point white balance - the grayscale on those TV's is very good already out of the box - my settings target a specific gamma curve with enhanced dark detail, but if they don't translate on a specific set, sticking with factory settings for white balance is the best approach, unless you can get the set calibrated... Hope this works out for you... Cheers...
I had the same issue. Oddly enough, changing the color tone to Standard fixed pretty much everything. Its probably not "calibrated," but whites look great now with the 10 pt balance, and grayscale is way better than factory settings.
osanya is offline  
post #2187 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Member
 
JimT1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I guess I am the only one who was not affected by the new firmware. I updated right away and nothing seems to have changed at all. The TV turned off and back on real quick and everything looked the same to me. I have back-light at 10 and Brightness at 46 and the picture looks amazing. Unless I am simply more accustomed to a darker movie mode picture. I prefer to get a tan while outside the house
JimT1701 is offline  
post #2188 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
nezff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cajun Country
Posts: 4,510
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReyes66 View Post
Hey guys, i was originally set on getting the 60" h7150 from BBY today but i ended up walking out purchasing a 55" sony X850B 4k tv because i was drawn into it. I paid for it but wont be picking it up til tomorrow (in my suv). After reading some reviews on here about it, it seems like a hit or miss cause of the flash lighting / 3D issues.

Well now im considering exchanging it for the 60" h7150 (or maybe the 65" if they have it in stock since its the same price).. and was wondering on the input lag from ps4 gaming, how are the blacks and is there chance of flashlighting... and lastly how is the 3d?

I was set on 4k after tonight but at the end of the day id rather have a higher quality panel.

Samsung has 42ms lag
Sony has 39ms lag
nezff is offline  
post #2189 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Senior Member
 
milkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC8080 View Post
I am also not comfortable messing with the Service Menu.
For me, Movie Mode was too dark so I use Standard.
Here are some other basic settings I adjusted:

Picture

Standard
Backlight 6 to 8
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharpness 25
Color 53
Tint 0 or middle...

Advanced Settings

Dynamic Contrast Low
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
RGB Only Mode Off
Color Space Native
Gamma 0

Picture Options

Color Tone Warm 1
Digital Clean View Auto
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Low
Film Mode Off
Auto Motion Plus Off
Cinema Black Low

----

The Brightness setting is critical on Black levels or shadows - dark scenes...
Plus or minus a few on the setting and scenes can be too dark or too light.

__________________________________________
I just tried these and it's very good and really bright even with the backlight at 8 great for the football game I'm watching.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
milkk is offline  
post #2190 of 5363 Old 11-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Member
 
dmccusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
UN55H7150 motion problems?

Just purchased the UN55H7150 and have a quick question. While the picture itself is fantastic right out of the box (will mess with settings over the next week or so), I am noticing some motion issues while watching some shows. For instance, while watching a football game today, when the QB threw one of the passes, the ball looked like it was somewhat lagging at times. I noticed this same thing while watching a movie where someone was moving their arm up and down, not real fast, and there was a slight hesitation.

Are there any known issues with these TVs? Is there a setting I need to adjust? I'm a little concerned because my 5 yr old Samsung LCD I just took down didnt even do this.

Thanks so much for any help.
dmccusk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off