Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #2311 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 25
That's weird. I have auto update turned off and every time the update bar shows at the top of the screen I've ignored it. I just checked my version and it shows 2123. WTF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
As always, wife is of course right, lol That's actually excellent screen uniformity for an edge lit LED. Your chances are higher for getting a worse one than getting a better one at this point... Unfortunately, LED's or transmissive tech TV's in general just aren't perfect when it comes to uniformity... We all have to live with it until hopefully a good emissive tech TV (like plasma used to be) is available - OLED when it comes down in price a bit...
Thank you for the response. I don't know if I want to share with my wife about some one else saying she is right. It happens all too often.

I've been hoping I can find some settings to help minimize the effect, but so far I can't tell if I have been able to or if it is all in my head. Its still better than the different Sony w850b models I had tried in the past (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SerNo_5008452_WiiU.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	400194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_3rd_Try.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	400202  
Z-Mad likes this.
post #2313 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccusk View Post
I agree. My picture quality just changed. I'm not real happy with this TV right now. Still have time to return it. Any other 55s out there that I can check out? What about the new P series Vizio's or the Sony KDL-55W800B?
Both are good sets, it's just that one is 4K and another 1080p.LG is good too if you don't mind a slight decrease in contrast ratio. I almost got either the Sony W800 or LG 6300. The Vizio P eries is good i just don't need 4K.

I really wish Samsung would actually test these updates more thouroughly before sending them out because it seems they always muck something up while fixing another thing at the same time.

My only complaint with this new firmware 2123 is slight color quality loss, mostly color saturation seems duller, and oh the picture is brighter BTW, i noticed that somewhat. PQ crispness is somewhat duller too. i wonder if Samsung can reverse these issues and the anynet problem in firmware 2124?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2314 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
That's weird. I have auto update turned off and every time the update bar shows at the top of the screen I've ignored it. I just checked my version and it shows 2123. WTF?
i'm not connecting mine to the internet for just this reason, i don't like them doing something i didn't agree to. i'll just use my roku for streaming. i hate to see people having issues due to firmware updates.
post #2315 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake14 View Post
For those with the Sharp panels. I got one for my dad also and his says GH02 and mine says HH01. The build date of mine is September and my dad's says November. I read somewhere (not sure where but online someplace) that a few people thought since H comes after G it's a newer panel. Maybe, but I'm thinking it's just a build location identifier perhaps.

Anyway, just adding that info since not many people are providing many details about the Sharp panel. I'm actually leaning towards the 60" although I feel like I can make the 55" look a tad crisper. I'm using the same calibration settings (found here) for both.

It's hard to go back 5" lol
Got the HH01 panel on Tuesday (Had an October build date) and love it.
Debated over it and the 65" but very happy with the 60.
Been playing with the settings a little and will prob go to Z-Mods settings this weekend.
But gotta say, I find this a huge improvement over the LN55A850 I had, (let alone the Sammy DLP 55 I bought years ago.
post #2316 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Turn off auto-dimming?

Hello all - been browsing the forums for a while and you all have been extremely helpful. After searching and reading posts, the one thing I can't figure out is if I can disable auto-dimming (I've seen it called CE dimming here too, not sure of the exact terminology).

I prefer Standard mode over Movie, and when I turn the lights down to watch a show or movie, the TV darkens to an image that is almost too dark to view. It's rather annoying. Is there a way to disable this function in Standard mode?

Overall I like the TV (55" 7150). I actually swapped out an 8550 because watching sports was really bad on that tv (blur/clouds around the players and juddering) and I thought the 7150 would be better with the 240 refresh rate. I like watching sports better on this tv, but trying to get the picture to where I like it (not going to be as good as the 8550, but happy to pay a little less and enjoy watching football).

Appreciate any help!
post #2317 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Screen Uniformity ?

What's the best way to test for screen uniformity ?
Thanks in advance !
post #2318 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Hey gair... I just has cable in optical out on tv and optical in on
receiver ..then when I play from tv , amazon for example, I'll
leave the internal speakers set to tv speakers, not audio out..
and then I switch my receiver to av1

hope this helps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gair1944 View Post
I still cannot get audio out from Smart TV via Digital Optical Toslink, nor via HDMI Arc. I am at firmware 2123.

Only Smart TV audio (netflix) goes to internal TV Speakers. I changed the TV Sound setting to Audio Out (for external), connected Toslink cable from Audio output of Samsung 7150 to input on my new Marantz 5009 receiver, set the Marantz source appropriately, but no sound gets to my receiver from the TV. WTF am I doing wrong? Or is this an issue with the Sammy?
post #2319 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Still cant connect to smarthub it syas error code 0 and i cant use my ipad youtube app to play on tv. Although i noticed that my flashlighting on the corners was gone after i updated the firmware to 2123.
post #2320 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LReyes66 View Post
Yeah I see. Oh whales

It kills me a little inside that I passed up the 65" for $1499

Sent from my Nexus 6
Yeah I bought mine the Saturday before it went 1299.. I was happy with this set at $1699.. Went back to bestbuy got my $400 price match and bought the klipsch quintet 5.0 set at half price for $275. So all week im thinking of just tossing in another $75 and getting the 65" and now sale is over
post #2321 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard123 View Post
Yeah I bought mine the Saturday before it went 1299.. I was happy with this set at $1699.. Went back to bestbuy got my $400 price match and bought the klipsch quintet 5.0 set at half price for $275. So all week im thinking of just tossing in another $75 and getting the 65" and now sale is over
I only decided to NOT get the H7150 because the best buy employee told me that the Sony 4k x850b priced would go up after the weekend n that the h7150 would prob stay the same. Thats why I got the x850b to try out 4k. But everything ended up being the opposite. My x850b is still $1499 as of today n the h7150 changed right after cyber Monday.

Sent from my Nexus 6
post #2322 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 07:31 PM

Is anyone getting 5.1 out of smart hub Netflix app? Do I need a newer home theater receiver or something? I'm using the digital out on TV to an old Sony STR-V333ES. I love this 333ES, it sounds great and has worked flawless for the last 10+ years.
post #2323 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It seems odd to me that the problems from the 2122/2123 updates are so sporadic. 2122 broke the hulu app for me, 2123 fixed it, but introduced other problems with the - not so - "smart hub." I can't change inputs from the smart hub any more. I have to use the "source" button menu on the top of the screen. It's not a major problem, but it's annoying (particularly for my wife)... but really strange that the problems are so inconsistent across users.
nuv22 and SurfingMatt27 like this.
post #2324 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
I did and also spent an hour on the phone with tech support. I read page 9 in the manual and my menu does not match up with the screen shot. Instead of VOICE CONTROL, it says VOICE INTERACTION. When I go in there the only options are LANGUAGE, TV VOICE, and VOICE GENDER. No option to turn it on/off. The tech guy remotely controlled my TV and went through the entire menu and even reset my TV. After all that he told me that there is no way to completely turn it off. So, you got anything else?

Enabling/Disabling TV Voice

This function is only available in the U.S.A. and Canada.

Enable/disable the TV's voice responses to your Voice Control commands. Navigate to System > Voice Control menu, and then select TV Voice.

This is on page 98 from the PDF manual file from the Samsung web site. you might look at pages 98 through 101 also.
post #2325 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osanya View Post
It seems odd to me that the problems from the 2122/2123 updates are so sporadic. 2122 broke the hulu app for me, 2123 fixed it, but introduced other problems with the - not so - "smart hub." I can't change inputs from the smart hub any more. I have to use the "source" button menu on the top of the screen. It's not a major problem, but it's annoying (particularly for my wife)... but really strange that the problems are so inconsistent across users.
Samsung should really investigate these latest fimware updates because they are very problematic and annoying.
post #2326 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
Your not looking hard enough.
If you're going to act small and petty, perhaps you should at least use the proper homophone as to not come off as uneducated too.
psu85, Pancake14 and osanya like this.
post #2327 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Currier View Post
Thank you for the response. I don't know if I want to share with my wife about some one else saying she is right. It happens all too often.

I've been hoping I can find some settings to help minimize the effect, but so far I can't tell if I have been able to or if it is all in my head. Its still better than the different Sony w850b models I had tried in the past (see attached).
Indeed, the wife being right would probably be better left between us

HOWEVER, here is the thing: after seeing your additional pictures, I have to correct myself: your wife is actually not exactly right in this case, and unfortunately so... I am now seeing the circular darker areas surrounding the center, which I didn't notice on yesterday's pics. This is also odd because the uniformity issues are usually not curving around the center like that; it appears as if the screen was pushed by some weight exactly in the center, creating this circularly uneven/non-uniform screen. In this case I would indeed rather exchange the TV. Good H7150 panels definitely have better uniformity than that... So if you still can, get a new set, and good luck...
post #2328 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Enabling/Disabling TV Voice

This function is only available in the U.S.A. and Canada.

Enable/disable the TV's voice responses to your Voice Control commands. Navigate to System > Voice Control menu, and then select TV Voice.

This is on page 98 from the PDF manual file from the Samsung web site. you might look at pages 98 through 101 also.
I read that too. TV Voice setting simply turns the TV's voice responses on/off. I also finally found out why my menu option says VOICE INTERACTION instead of VOICE CONTROL.

"If you use the Voice Control function interactively at least once, the TV will change the on-screen menu name from Voice Control to Voice Interaction."
post #2329 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey guys, I just got a UN55H7150 to replace a Vizio E55 that I returned. I'm much happier in general with this than I was with the Vizio. However, I'm having one problem that I can't seem to resolve. I have it connected through the optical out to my AVR, a Sony DA555ES. The audio randomly cuts out on me. Sometimes with a pop and sometimes just goes out silently and comes back a second later. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable at both ends of the tv as well as trying a different optical cable. The issue has occurred with both cords. Any ideas, anyone else have this issue?
post #2330 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttbhg View Post
Does anyone know how to get the TV in game mode? I can't figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttbhg View Post
If you're going to act small and petty, perhaps you should at least use the proper homophone as to not come off as uneducated too.
I know my electronics top to bottom, if one doesn't know something the first thing is to check the manual or explore the settings menu. He'll get it figured out as I provided the page numbers to look over in the PDF file. I see you can't figure out game mode, its' in the manual, and you call me uneducated... LOL
post #2331 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble Devo View Post
Hello all, I am a new owner of the 65 7150

My question is has any one done a 2pt white balance on the 3D menu?

Using MY i1Display Pro HCFR I ran a quick grey scale sweep through the 3D glasses and saw that the balance was way off.
Any pointers on WB and color calibrating in 3D.

Thanks.
The 3D mode is indeed horribly off out of the box in terms of white balance. I did a very quick adjustment just to try 3D out, so it's not perfectly calibrated yet, but it's quite good already on my set:

Offset
R: -10
G: -6
B: +18

Gain
R: -24
G: 0
B: +10

Hope it works on your set too. I plan to calibrate the 3D mode too, just haven't gotten around it yet...
Benananda and detroit_fan like this.
post #2332 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:52 PM

Before updating to 2123, I didn't notice the "soap opera" effect when the auto motion was set to clear. Now it is definitely noticeable. I thought the update might have messed with my settings, but I checked and it was still set to clear. I now have to set it off. Did this happen to anyone else?
post #2333 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logitack View Post
To Z-Mad

I received my h7150 60 inch TV this morning, it has the GH02 panel.

I have used your calibration numbers, so thanks for that.

as an aside, i found the presets ok, but that is coming from an untrained eye so anything looks good to me

My question is this,

Do you turn off the ECO Solution menu
energy saving - OFF
eco sensor - OFF
no signal/power off - OFF
auto power off - OFF

If not, what settings for the 4 settings in the eco solutions menu?

also, in your calibration settings,

what setting are you using for "picture size" ?

thanks
Yes, turn off all the ECO stuff. It only introduces dimming and fluctuation of the picture that can be rather distracting.

Regarding picture size, that depends on your source. I would normally try and prefer "screen fit" first, but if that doesn't cover the full screen and leaves small black strips of uncovered screen area on either side, then "16:9" is the best choice... Hope that helps
post #2334 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard123 View Post
Is anyone getting 5.1 out of smart hub Netflix app? Do I need a newer home theater receiver or something? I'm using the digital out on TV to an old Sony STR-V333ES. I love this 333ES, it sounds great and has worked flawless for the last 10+ years.
This seems to come up every time someone new gets the TV. The short answer, Netflix needs to update the app. It does not support 5.1.

Follow the thread here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...not-5-1-a.html

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
post #2335 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINaudio View Post
Hey guys, I just got a UN55H7150 to replace a Vizio E55 that I returned. I'm much happier in general with this than I was with the Vizio. However, I'm having one problem that I can't seem to resolve. I have it connected through the optical out to my AVR, a Sony DA555ES. The audio randomly cuts out on me. Sometimes with a pop and sometimes just goes out silently and comes back a second later. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable at both ends of the tv as well as trying a different optical cable. The issue has occurred with both cords. Any ideas, anyone else have this issue?
A few more details if it matters: Optical cords tried: Mediabridge toslink and Monoprice premium toslink.

Edit: Didn't have this audio issue with the Vizio.

Last edited by NINaudio; 12-03-2014 at 09:17 PM.
post #2336 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
I know my electronics top to bottom, if one doesn't know something the first thing is to check the manual or explore the settings menu. He'll get it figured out as I provided the page numbers to look over in the PDF file. I see you can't figure out game mode, its' in the manual, and you call me uneducated... LOL
If you're equating me using a digital resource to find an answer to a question, which I promptly received, to you not understanding something a twelve year old has mastered; you would certainly qualify as uneducated.

Bravo with skipping that pesky grammar in your quest to master reading manuals.
post #2337 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingMatt27 View Post
Samsung should really investigate these latest fimware updates because they are very problematic and annoying.
So these tv's are hard enough to calibrate once , but will EVERY firmware update have to be recalibrated? If thats the case we should start recommending these sets be kept offline.
post #2338 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
?
Have you done any of these updates to your set?
post #2339 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just a quick question how come most of you guys dont use the smooth automotion settings rather u guys use the clear one. I found the smooth setting brings out the overall quality of the tv. Am i the only one like the smooth automotion?
post #2340 of 5363 Old 12-03-2014, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
Just a quick question how come most of you guys dont use the smooth automotion settings rather u guys use the clear one. I found the smooth setting brings out the overall quality of the tv. Am i the only one like the smooth automotion?
I turn automotion off to avoid the "soap opera effect".

Xbox Live Gamertag: TurdFerguson64
PSN Gamertag: TurdFerguson_64
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page