Official Samsung UNxxH7150 / UNxxH7100AF Owners Thread - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes

post #2371 of 5364 Old 12-04-2014, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapconn View Post
What's the best way to test for screen uniformity ?
Thanks in advance !
If you can't see any when watching TV why go looking for it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 5364 Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech7474 View Post
I was trying set input to PC mode but there are no options to do this when I get to "edit name". It only comes up with a keyboard on the screen so I can type in my own name. What am I missing?
Something like this. Press source to go to the port you want then click and hold down the enter button to go to options I think it tells you on the screen and you can change it in there. In regards to your other question PC mode makes the TV act like a monitor so no or almost no TV processing.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410

Last edited by milkk; 12-04-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: addition
post #2373 of 5364 Old 12-04-2014, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post
Something like this. Press source to go to the port you want then click and hold down the enter button to go to options I think it tells you on the screen and you can change it in there. In regards to your other question PC mode makes the TV act like a monitor so no or almost no TV processing.
I tried that but when I get to "edit name" it only comes up with an onscreen keyboard to enter my own name (no PC option). Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2374 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozark View Post
If you don't have a solution to MK3 voice control problem then you need to but out of the conversation, Enough said!
Do I need to butt out of the conversation? Seriously, just stop, you're just making it worse on yourself. Enough said?

And for the record, I hate arguing on the Internet with people. I'm just not a big fan of people who try to belittle others to inflate their own self-worth.
post #2375 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wonder how long until update 2124? is there any timeline between updates? Or just whenever they get to it?
post #2376 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 11:01 AM

Liked: 10
Samsung's website boasts that the h7150 can utilize the multi-link screen to multi-task (watch live TV while browsing apps). Has anyone figured out how to do this. I can only watch live TV while in the "On TV" page. All other pages show full screens of the Apps, Video, Games, etc... without the "dual screen". Has anyone figured this out?

Just to clarify, I am not asking about PIP.

Here is the description on their website and I have posted a picture our the TV showing the dual screen.

Dual Screen

Do two things at once with the multi-tasking Dual Screen. Browse the web, check social media or stream a video from YouTube while you watch TV. Research that famous golf swing while watching it in action on side-by-side screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H7150_Dual_Screen.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	403930  
post #2377 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Anyone know the model number for this set in Germany/Europe? Is it the UExxH7090?
post #2378 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo88 View Post
If you can't see any when watching TV why go looking for it ?
haha....great advice and I hear you....but my TV is new and just want to make sure its a keeper before my return window expires. I see others posts screen shots that
show their screens uniformity and was curious as to how they get their display to check it with just a screen and no picture.
post #2379 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Liked: 1
Use Samsung smart blu-ray instead?

Will be getting my 65" 7150 and a Samsung BD-H5900 smart blu-ray this week. Reading about the software update issues some are having so I was wondering if it might behoove me to utilize the smart functions via the blu-ray player and not connect the 7150 to the internet for now. I know I can disable the auto update setting on the 7150 but my understanding is that it will still download the updates as they become available and then prompt me if I'd like to install it every time I turn the set on.
Any thoughts on doing this?
post #2380 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Launching Multi-Link Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank1 View Post
Samsung's website boasts that the h7150 can utilize the multi-link screen to multi-task (watch live TV while browsing apps). Has anyone figured out how to do this. I can only watch live TV while in the "On TV" page. All other pages show full screens of the Apps, Video, Games, etc... without the "dual screen". Has anyone figured this out?

Just to clarify, I am not asking about PIP.

Here is the description on their website and I have posted a picture our the TV showing the dual screen.

Dual Screen

Do two things at once with the multi-tasking Dual Screen. Browse the web, check social media or stream a video from YouTube while you watch TV. Research that famous golf swing while watching it in action on side-by-side screens.
according to the e-manual page 52

Launching Multi-Link Screen

Press M.SCREEN on the Samsung Smart Control to launch Multi-Link Screen.

Selecting a Feature

1. Press the Samsung Smart Control's M.SCREEN button while Multi-Link Screen is running. The Options menu appears.

I just tried the above, it works
post #2381 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I tried that but when I get to "edit name" it only comes up with an onscreen keyboard to enter my own name (no PC option). Any ideas?

I have notice that if you have your smart remote program to your cable box, it won’t let you change to PC mode, I’m with AT&T U-verse, what I did was change to a different HDMI output and then it let me change to PC mode.
post #2382 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Question about basic setup w/ xbox and receiver

Hey all,

I just got this TV and based on a lot I've read in this thread, it's highly recommended to use Game/PC mode for gaming consoles as it cuts the input lag down. My issue is this. I route all my devices through a receiver into one input on my TV, but if I want to use game mode for the Xbox, then I'd have to set that input on the TV and it would apply to everything coming through the receiver. Is there any way to get around this or am I going about it the wrong way? I just always thought you should have your receiver being the main device processing your bluray/xbox/ps3/etc and basically treat the TV like a monitor. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thank you so much.
post #2383 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman38 View Post
I have notice that if you have your smart remote program to your cable box, it won’t let you change to PC mode, I’m with AT&T U-verse, what I did was change to a different HDMI output and then it let me change to PC mode.
Thanks, that worked! Just used HDMI 2 and then switched the cable over.
post #2384 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
Yes, I think I see just a tiny bit more SOE as well with AMP on clear. It's not horrible, but slightly more noticeable than before. I think I'll play with the custom settings as well and see if there is a setting that works better (less SOE)...

I notice that the update apparently fixed the sample and hold time (charging and discharging of LED crystals) so that there is no more "trailing" or ghost images from what I can tell so far...

UPDATE: I reverted AMP setting back to my old custom settings, which seem to still work well and look good without SOE...
Blur: 10
Judder: 2
What's this about sample and hold times? I haven't updated to 2123 yet, but I have been disappointed by how smeary the image has looked when panning (dark colors in particular). If the latest update helps correct that I'll be so much happier.

Edit: 2123 doesn't look any different to me.

Last edited by AGuy01; 12-05-2014 at 06:09 PM.
post #2385 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
I haven't read all the posts yet but if you haven't gotten it working yet check out this video.

--------------------
Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Denon AVR-S710W
SVS Prime Bookshelves - SVS Prime Center - SVS PB-1000 - Onkyo SKH-410
post #2386 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 07:40 PM

Calibration for 55" H7150, TS-01, update ver. 2123 users.

OK, so now that I have had time to get acquainted with the set I have some more definitive settings... I tried the various calibration settings suggested earlier on the thread (PC, CAL-DAY, Movie mode etc.) None of these will work for this version of the TV. They all end up looking like you are wearing green or yellow dirty tinted sunglasses. Getting into the expert calibrations menu, changing the input name, etc. are not needed on this configuration anymore. The color is, indeed, just about perfect as-is. Just use the default Standard mode and the settings below. The settings will vary by source, however. So use the "Current Source" option under "Apply Picture Mode."

If you are coming for plasma to LED you will have to get used to reduced picture quality and contrast. Resist the temptation to set the backlight to maximum to make up for the deficiency or your eyes will get tired very quickly. Best option is to reduce the light in your room and try to keep the Backlight to around 14-17. Here is the absolute best picture I could squeeze out of this set (if a setting is not listed use the default):

CABLE SETTINGS (HD 1080i, 780)
Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 14
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 46

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Off (you may want to go to Low on some shows but it causes skin over saturation on most broadcasts)
Black Tone: Dark
Color Space: Native

Picture Options:
Color tone: Standard
Digital Clean View: Off
Mpeg Noise Filter: Off
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus: Off
Cinema Black Low

Sound Mode: Standard (the Movie and Surround setting produce a tinny sound on cable)

STREAMING CONTENT (Netflix, Vudu etc.)
Backlight: 17
Contrast: 93

Picture Size: Screen Fit (if available)

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Low (go to Medium for animation)
Gamma: +2

Picture Settings:
Color Tone: Standard

Sound Mode: Movie

Make sure you turn off all the Eco Solutions stuff under the System Settings.

Some Notes:
There will be considerable blurring and judder on some cable networks/shows. The Auto Motion Plus settings do little to help this and make the viewing experience unbearable (some people call this the "soap opera" effect but I think it looks more like some kind of weird "live human animation"). You should be dubious of anyone who tells you to enable this mode... The good news is that the blurring and judder virtually disappear when streaming HD content.

In my opinion, at an 8-10 foot viewing distance the 55" is a bit too big with full screen content. Letterbox movies look pretty good, however.

This is an inexpensive/cheap set so don't worry too much about the lackluster PQ. Just use it for now and spend the money you saved purchasing this TV to buy a good replacement for plasma when it becomes affordable (in 3-4 years probably).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
post #2387 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
OK, so now that I have had time to get acquainted with the set I have some more definitive settings... I tried the various calibration settings suggested earlier on the thread (PC, CAL-DAY, Movie mode etc.) None of these will work for this version of the TV. They all end up looking like you are wearing green or yellow dirty tinted sunglasses. Getting into the expert calibrations menu, changing the input name, etc. are not needed on this configuration anymore. The color is, indeed, just about perfect as-is. Just use the default Standard mode and the settings below. The settings will vary by source, however. So use the "Current Source" option under "Apply Picture Mode."

If you are coming for plasma to LED you will have to get used to reduced picture quality and contrast. Resist the temptation to set the backlight to maximum to make up for the deficiency or your eyes will get tired very quickly. Best option is to reduce the light in your room and try to keep the Backlight to around 14-17. Here is the absolute best picture I could squeeze out of this set (if a setting is not listed use the default):

CABLE SETTINGS (HD 1080i, 780)
Backlight: 14
Contrast: 95

Picture Size: Screen Fit

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Off (you may want to go to Low on some shows but it causes skin over saturation on most broadcasts)

Picture Options:
Color tone: Standard
Film Mode: Off
Cinema Black Low

Sound Mode: Standard (the Movie and Surround setting produce a tinny sound on cable)

STREAMING CONTENT (Netflix, Vudu etc.)
Backlight: 17
Contrast: 93

Picture Size: Screen Fit (if available)

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Low (go to Medium for animation)
Gamma: +2

Picture Settings:
Color Tone: Standard

Sound Mode: Movie

Make sure you turn off all the Eco Solutions stuff under the System Settings.

Some Notes:
There will be considerable blurring and judder on some cable networks/shows. The Auto Motion Plus settings do little to help this and make the viewing experience unbearable (some people call this the "soap opera" effect but I think it looks more like some kind of weird "live human animation"). You should be dubious of anyone who tells you to enable this mode... The good news is that the blurring and judder virtually disappear when streaming HD content.

In my opinion, at an 8-10 foot viewing distance the 55" is a bit too big with full screen content. Letterbox movies look pretty good, however.

This is an inexpensive/cheap set so don't worry too much about the lackluster PQ. Just use it for now and spend the money you saved purchasing this TV to buy a good replacement for plasma when it becomes affordable (in 3-4 years probably).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Just one question: Did you perceive the movie mode as it came out of the box on this TV as one of those green/yellow tinted sunglasses pictures as well?
post #2388 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This is my setting for vivid color. Im no professional but this is one im using for cable and tv. Feel free to give it a try.

Picture mode- dynamic
Backlight- 20
Contrast- 100
Brightness- 50
Sharpness- 55
Color- 55
Tint 50 50

Picture option
Clor tone- COAL
Digital clean view- off
Mpeg noise- off
Hdmi black - low
Film mode -off
Auto motion- off or clear
Cinema black - low

This picture will give a vivid look. Give it a try nd let me know what you think. Ty
post #2389 of 5364 Old 12-05-2014, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Well, speaking from my own experience, I use Movie mode with the newest firmware set to the (approx.) calibration posted here by by our glorious calibration leader and I'm not seeing anything like what is being written about above. This is with BDs thru an Oppo 103, from a DirectTV HD box, and streaming movies from my Mac via Plex. Are you WEARING dirty sunglasses?

As to this set being inexpensive/cheap, I guess it may be in comparison with high-end sets, but it sure doesn't seem "cheap" to me. Again, we all have different opinions and expectations, but the 55 7150 I bought last week is quite a nice device. I have no quibbles with it so far.
post #2390 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 117olddude View Post
Well, speaking from my own experience, I use Movie mode with the newest firmware set to the (approx.) calibration posted here by by our glorious calibration leader and I'm not seeing anything like what is being written about above. This is with BDs thru an Oppo 103, from a DirectTV HD box, and streaming movies from my Mac via Plex. Are you WEARING dirty sunglasses?

As to this set being inexpensive/cheap, I guess it may be in comparison with high-end sets, but it sure doesn't seem "cheap" to me. Again, we all have different opinions and expectations, but the 55 7150 I bought last week is quite a nice device. I have no quibbles with it so far.
New here whos this glorious calibration leader, and where can I find the calibrations for my 65" H7150?
post #2391 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGATURON View Post
This is my setting for vivid color. Im no professional but this is one im using for cable and tv. Feel free to give it a try.

Picture mode- dynamic
Backlight- 20
Contrast- 100
Brightness- 50
Sharpness- 55
Color- 55
Tint 50 50

Picture option
Clor tone- COAL
Digital clean view- off
Mpeg noise- off
Hdmi black - low
Film mode -off
Auto motion- off or clear
Cinema black - low

This picture will give a vivid look. Give it a try nd let me know what you think. Ty
My goodness, while in the end everyone will certainly choose whatever settings they like (which is fine - to each his own), from calibration standpoint however, I'm practically "obligated" to discourage you or anyone for that matter from using those settings. Dynamic mode is the infamously worst mode ever created that's only used for scorching the screen for demo purposes in the stores. Please don't take this personally, but I almost don't know if you are joking or being serious. That's the farthest setting from where a calibrated TV should be - literally the complete opposite:

- Backlight is about double of what it should be - total scorcher
- Brightness high and likely doesn't go as deep with black color as it should or as the TV is capable of (depth of blacks is one of THE most important values for picture depth and quality)
- Sharpness WAY too high (actually should be zero, but I understand if someone prefers a few notches higher - but definitely below 10). At 55 you have so many artifacts and grains in your picture, I'm not sure how you're not noticing it.
- Color too high at 55, over-saturated
- Color temperature exact opposite of the correct color temperature for broadcast material (be it movies, TV, sport, Blu Ray - doesn't matter) - should be Warm2 and you have it on cold...

I only say this with best intentions and encourage you to maybe read up on TV calibration a bit and maybe get an inexpensive calibration DVD (like Disney's WOW disc) just to get started. Since you have joined AVS and show interest in adjusting your picture, I certainly recommend finding out a bit more about what to look for and which targets and references to go by when doing so...

Again, if in the end you just want the brightest scorching picture with no interest in correctly displaying any content, then by all means I guess... Cheers
post #2392 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 117olddude View Post

I suspect that he is just not used to watching actually correct color temperature. Many people are used to looking at computer monitors and tablets, all of which generally run on colder colors, whites are often bluish, etc. Most mainstream consumers do not realize that that's not what the correct color temperature is for TVs.
TV, movies etc. are all recorded according to specific standards, which is terms of color is D65 (6500 Kelvin color temp.). So when calibrating a TV, the goal is to set the color temp. to D65 in order to accurately display the content as filmed and as intended. On this TV it is "warm 2" that gives the correct D65 color temp, while other color tones are colder and more for monitor type use and run at maybe 5000 Kelvin - so quite a bit off from what the content is recorded and broadcasted at...
Some may think they are seeing "yellowish or greenish tint" whereas what they are actually seeing is the lack of blue and cold tint of the picture they seem to be used to, but which isn't correct. I always encourage anyone who didn't realize it yet, to try to simply watch the movie mode (even if only at it's default settings, which are indeed warm 2 for color tone) and give themselves a week of watching TV that way to let their eyes "re-calibrate" themselves. I often make an example of a movie theater (which is indeed properly calibrated), as this is an easy reference everyone is familiar with - so the TV should actually look a lot like the picture at the movies, and not like a scorching monitor of some kind...
post #2393 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 17
lol that's just my preference anyways I still have your calibration setting on my movie mode. anyways is it me or everytime I change to your calibration I see the whites as yellowish white. and the black is somewhat washout. im using a non Hd cable btw.
post #2394 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I haven't changed White Balance per Z-Mad, but everything else he's suggested I have implemented- except I moved sharpness up a few notches, as it "just looks better" to me. Though I may back off a bit as I acclimate to the TV.

My whites are white, not yellow. Blacks are black when they should be, but not all blacks are densely black, some of them are more transparently black, which is what they should be (otherwise all you see are shadows). If contrast is too high and blacks set too dark that's what you end up with. I spent thirty years as a professional photographer and the quest for detail in the blacks of my b&w photography (and in the color work as well) was always very important. TVs are the same.

One of the nice things about this Samsung is, when you go into settings and and drag the cursor from Warm 2 down to the colder areas, you can see the changes on the screen without even implementing the setting. Originally I set for Warm 1, but as I got used to the TV I moved it up to Warm 2. Sometimes it takes a few days to get used to visual (or auditory) changes.

As for Vivid setting, my father-in-law uses that and I always get a headache when I'm over at his place watching his set. The same headache I get when I go to a store selling TVs and look at the array of models. Vivid is the "look at me" setting, but it has no basis in the reality that we as humans see, and I would guess that it is not good for our eyes. I find Standard too bright as well, for the most part, although some TV shows may look ok with it.

Last edited by 117olddude; 12-06-2014 at 07:47 AM.
post #2395 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post
Just one question: Did you perceive the movie mode as it came out of the box on this TV as one of those green/yellow tinted sunglasses pictures as well?
Yes. Also, is new build (Sept. 14) and made in Tijuana. What about your movie mode and out of the box and version/build?
post #2396 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
--Picture menu--
Mode: CAL-DAY
Backlight: 8 (this is good all-around, but for nighttime 6 is actually enough, and for bright rooms during day one can bump it up to 10 or as needed...)
Contrast: 99
Sharpness: 0 (if compelled to give a little extra sharpness, one can go to +3 without introducing artifacts, but not beyond that)
Color: 50
Tint: G48/R52

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Picture menu--
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8 (some may choose a bit higher backlight in brighter rooms or go down to 6 for dark room viewing)
Sharpness: 0 (if compelled to give a little extra sharpness, one can go to +3 without introducing artifacts, but not beyond that)

Have you had to make any changes to your calibration settings since the software updates?
post #2397 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey guys. I had a quick question. If I'm routing all my devices through a Receiver and have it all set to an HDMI coming out to display on the TV, is there any benefit to using one or the other HDMI? I saw that one is ARC capable (I know what it is but don't know if there's any need to use it), one that says STB ( I don't know what that is), and one that says DVI. Does it matter? Thanks in advance. I'm slowly reading through the forum but I've found it difficult to come up with a good enough search to find the answer myself. I saw Z-Mad was still very active here so hopefully I'll get his or someone else's attention.

Thanks in advance!
post #2398 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman38 View Post
--Picture menu--
Mode: CAL-DAY
Backlight: 8 (this is good all-around, but for nighttime 6 is actually enough, and for bright rooms during day one can bump it up to 10 or as needed...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Picture menu--
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 8 (some may choose a bit higher backlight in brighter rooms or go down to 6 for dark room viewing)

Have you had to make any changes to your calibration settings since the software updates?
what is the difference between the two MODES? and when would you use cal-day and movie mode? it appears the settings are the same. just wondering...
post #2399 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellitlikethis View Post
Hey guys. I had a quick question. If I'm routing all my devices through a Receiver and have it all set to an HDMI coming out to display on the TV, is there any benefit to using one or the other HDMI? I saw that one is ARC capable (I know what it is but don't know if there's any need to use it), one that says STB ( I don't know what that is), and one that says DVI. Does it matter? Thanks in advance. I'm slowly reading through the forum but I've found it difficult to come up with a good enough search to find the answer myself. I saw Z-Mad was still very active here so hopefully I'll get his or someone else's attention.

Thanks in advance!
No advantage in your setup. Most times those labels are just for helping identify the port, or what you plugged into it easily (the one with ark being an exception) STB just stands for "set top box" but it's still just a standard HDMI port at the end of the day. Some TVs may have a port that is specifically used for certain HDMI versions or even offer lower display lag (I think some LGs are like that) In general though it doesn't usually matter what one you're plugged into unless you know you want to use specific features like ARK.
post #2400 of 5364 Old 12-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I never paid much attention to 3D, but upon buying the 7150, I learned that an upgrade had made the PS3 3D capable.
So I tried to test out the 3D feature last night using my PS3 directly to an HDMI input on the TV. (I didn't think my older receiver could pass the signal.) It kept giving me a message that my 3D blu-ray player does not recognize that it is connected to a 3D TV.

I have read that a "regular" HDMI cable can be used for 3D instead of needing a "high-speed" cable. Is this so? That's all I have at the moment.

Anything I may not be doing correctly to have the TV properly recognized as a 3D TV? I also don't understand the icons which show the side-by-side figure or the top and bottom figure. I tried with both. Both just made the background of the PS3 menu enlarge to such a degree it ran off the screen.

Is there perhaps a setting on the PS3 I have to change?

Thank you for any suggestions.

*edit* 12/8/14 - It seems to be working fine with a high-speed cable now.

Last edited by EPlay; 12-08-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: follow-up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
cinemanow , UNxxH7150

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page