Ultra-D Glasses-Free 3D TV Hands-On Experience - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 200 Old 10-06-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Evidently there's something to show me. I just got a phone call. Headed to the StreamTV office on Wednesday.
Thanks Mark for the heads up. I have a question which might be a tad premature... I'm wondering if they might work with Dolbyvision to get HDR glasses free displays going? (I see a lot of potential with merging the already 3 dimensional looking Dolbyvision with a 3D tech like this.) So if you are in a position to offer suggestions... hahah.

I'm very interested in this tech but the timing is bad for me because I'm ready to upgrade now. I'm interested in some of the other bleeding edge technologies as well, but I know it will take a few years for content to catch up. I might actually buy a 1080p 3D tv to tide me over for a while, I definitely don't want to spend money on a set until I see the R series.

In a few years when 4k specs are worked out & HDR content is available/ hopefully even 3D 4k bluray discs are around then I'll upgrade. I'm hoping Ultra D will be able to tackle active/passive glasses quality 3D by then if it hasn't already. I guess we'll see on Wednesday?
Aras_Volodka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 200 Old 10-06-2014, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,105
Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Thanks Mark for the heads up. I have a question which might be a tad premature... I'm wondering if they might work with Dolbyvision to get HDR glasses free displays going? (I see a lot of potential with merging the already 3 dimensional looking Dolbyvision with a 3D tech like this.) So if you are in a position to offer suggestions... hahah.

I'm very interested in this tech but the timing is bad for me because I'm ready to upgrade now. I'm interested in some of the other bleeding edge technologies as well, but I know it will take a few years for content to catch up. I might actually buy a 1080p 3D tv to tide me over for a while, I definitely don't want to spend money on a set until I see the R series.

In a few years when 4k specs are worked out & HDR content is available/ hopefully even 3D 4k bluray discs are around then I'll upgrade. I'm hoping Ultra D will be able to tackle active/passive glasses quality 3D by then if it hasn't already. I guess we'll see on Wednesday?
Dolby already has its own glasses-free 3D tech, which I've seen on several occasions. I'm curious if Dolby is actively developing it, and if I'll see something new/improved at CES 2015. Surely it's occurred to Dolby to combine 3D and HDR.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
post #123 of 200 Old 10-06-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Dolby already has its own glasses-free 3D tech, which I've seen on several occasions. I'm curious if Dolby is actively developing it, and if I'll see something new/improved at CES 2015. Surely it's occurred to Dolby to combine 3D and HDR.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'm guessing the Ultra D looks better than Dolby glasses free 3D if it hasn't been mentioned as much as Ultra D?
I just looked at Dolby's site and it looks like James Cameron is their spokesperson for Dolby 3D... hmmm.

There's other methods to get HDR aside from Dolby vision right? So perhaps there might be some variation the Ultra D could use.
Aras_Volodka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 200 Old 10-06-2014, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
We heard this was display tech agnostic. Maybe they got this thing running on an LG OLED
mo949 is offline  
post #125 of 200 Old 10-06-2014, 11:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
We heard this was display tech agnostic. Maybe they got this thing running on an LG OLED
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, too - or Ultra-D in any OLED for that matter. I couldn't resist the Micro Center sale on the 55" LG 9800 OLED, but if they manage to add glasses-free 3D to one of the rumored Chinese OLED displays, I'll be chomping at the bit to see it.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is offline  
post #126 of 200 Old 10-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Member
 
dabotsonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Dolby already has its own glasses-free 3D tech, which I've seen on several occasions. I'm curious if Dolby is actively developing it...
My colleagues Ryan and Jay saw a glasses-free TV at the Changhong booth at IFA that used the Dolby 3D system ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gsr4lg2cnqwcvd/DSC_0499.JPG ) and was more impressive than they were expecting, although Ryan in particular noticed some micro-stuttering.

Simon Ford also explicitly asked for my thoughts on 4K OLED, and I mentioned that I received confirmation from manufacturers' reps at IFA that all were using an LG Display panel: the ones I saw were prototypes from Vestel and Changhong (not combined with glasses-free 3D), a concept model (i.e. beyond prototype) from Panasonic, and the omnipresent retail models from LG Electronics (the 55" 4K curved was on display, but not any any of the 4K flats that were confirmed in the recent AVForums piece).

I, dabotsonline / Nicholas Polydor, am part of Panasonic UK's 'VIERA VIP Club': a group of six bloggers and forum posters receiving special access to information and events for the TV product range. Costs for activities are covered by Panasonic (no cash is involved). However, I can assure that this will never compromise my integrity or objectivity as an ethical conscience is something I have always and will forever hold very dear to my heart.
dabotsonline is offline  
post #127 of 200 Old 10-07-2014, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mo949's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
I just hope that no 2D tv attributes get sacrificed in pursuit of this type of glasses free tech. I still am going to prefer to watch 2D material the majority of the time. 3D is more like 'movie' night for us at my house.
mo949 is offline  
post #128 of 200 Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 AM
Member
 
vulgartrendkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
I just hope that no 2D tv attributes get sacrificed in pursuit of this type of glasses free tech. I still am going to prefer to watch 2D material the majority of the time. 3D is more like 'movie' night for us at my house.
I agree with this entirely. 3D in my house is a "special event" rather than the norm. I have a feeling there will be a tradeoff, but until I hear a bit more on this (or see it for myself), We'll have to see.

So excited about this tech, its so close I can almost smell it.
mo949 likes this.

Yamaha RX V775 AV Receiver with 5.1 setup:Tannoy Mercury v4 fronts, Dali Zensor 1 rears, Kef IQ2c centre with a Maudaunt Short Alumni 6 sub. LG 55C7V OLED.
Sony s760 bluray player, fat PS3, Freesat Via TV, and Libreelec 8 on a HP Microserver N54L with 4tb storage and 6gb RAM.
vulgartrendkill is offline  
post #129 of 200 Old 10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Member
 
dabotsonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Evidently there's something to show me. I just got a phone call. Headed to the StreamTV office on Wednesday.
One more thing, @imagic . I imagine that you'll mentally compare the Ultra-D TV to your Samsung F8500, but it would be great if you could also do so with the Panasonic AX800 given how fresh it is in your mind (I enjoyed your review, BTW).

I, dabotsonline / Nicholas Polydor, am part of Panasonic UK's 'VIERA VIP Club': a group of six bloggers and forum posters receiving special access to information and events for the TV product range. Costs for activities are covered by Panasonic (no cash is involved). However, I can assure that this will never compromise my integrity or objectivity as an ethical conscience is something I have always and will forever hold very dear to my heart.
dabotsonline is offline  
post #130 of 200 Old 10-08-2014, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,105
Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16188
Here's a very brief update...

Ultra-D now runs on a chip, and does so smoothly. I've witnessed another iteration of improvement, and this one results in a refined 3D image. I watched about half an hour of Life of Pi, and Ultra-D had no glitches. It reminded me that this is a technology to be excited about. Also, somehow the rippling effect when you move your head is improved to the point where it's almost gone. It looks ready for prime-time. I'm working on a more cohesive report/story. Not sure when that'll be ready, looking for a bit more news....
gamermwm and Aras_Volodka like this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 10-10-2014 at 05:43 AM.
imagic is offline  
post #131 of 200 Old 10-08-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,105
Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabotsonline View Post
One more thing, @imagic . I imagine that you'll mentally compare the Ultra-D TV to your Samsung F8500, but it would be great if you could also do so with the Panasonic AX800 given how fresh it is in your mind (I enjoyed your review, BTW).
Yes, I did just that. I was afraid Ultra-D would fail to impress now that I have the F8500. Not so. The experience was comparable, and glasses-free is preferable. The AX800 suffers from some crosstalk, probably because it's an LCD. That was not an issue with Ultra-D or the F8500, so the AX800U is not as good at 3D IMO. But the AX800U is a better overall TV than the panels Ultra-D is currently using. An Ultra-D AX800U would be a thing of beauty.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
post #132 of 200 Old 10-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Member
 
vulgartrendkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Looking forward to your full report @imagic .

It would be interesting to know what well known and popular companies (Toshiba? LG? Sony???? )are actually signed up for this tech.

Yamaha RX V775 AV Receiver with 5.1 setup:Tannoy Mercury v4 fronts, Dali Zensor 1 rears, Kef IQ2c centre with a Maudaunt Short Alumni 6 sub. LG 55C7V OLED.
Sony s760 bluray player, fat PS3, Freesat Via TV, and Libreelec 8 on a HP Microserver N54L with 4tb storage and 6gb RAM.
vulgartrendkill is offline  
post #133 of 200 Old 10-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Member
 
dabotsonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgartrendkill View Post
It would be interesting to know what well known and popular companies (Toshiba? LG? Sony???? )are actually signed up for this tech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16:49 19 Feb 2014 by Jeff Parsons
The company is discussing the technology with several manufacturers and already has a deal in place with Toshiba. During a demo held with T3.com, a spokesperson confirmed meetings with LG and Samsung...
http://www.t3.com/news/stream-tv-exp...ater-this-year

I would love to see Ultra-D on a Toshiba 65Z9X / 58Z9X / 50Z9X / 40J9X!

I, dabotsonline / Nicholas Polydor, am part of Panasonic UK's 'VIERA VIP Club': a group of six bloggers and forum posters receiving special access to information and events for the TV product range. Costs for activities are covered by Panasonic (no cash is involved). However, I can assure that this will never compromise my integrity or objectivity as an ethical conscience is something I have always and will forever hold very dear to my heart.
dabotsonline is offline  
post #134 of 200 Old 10-10-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Yes, I did just that. I was afraid Ultra-D would fail to impress now that I have the F8500. Not so. The experience was comparable, and glasses-free is preferable. The AX800 suffers from some crosstalk, probably because it's an LCD. That was not an issue with Ultra-D or the F8500, so the AX800U is not as good at 3D IMO. But the AX800U is a better overall TV than the panels Ultra-D is currently using. An Ultra-D AX800U would be a thing of beauty.
Not to stray off topic... but do you think now would be a bad time to buy a 64" F8500? My concern is a lot of the tech I'm interested in won't be available together with content for a number of years (ultimate UHD, Ultra D 3D & HDR). If I get the F8500, I'm unlikely to be able to afford an upgrade for maybe 5 years... but I'm guessing that might be how long it will be before the content is ready to take advantage of all 3 at an affordable price?
Aras_Volodka is offline  
post #135 of 200 Old 10-10-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,105
Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Not to stray off topic... but do you think now would be a bad time to buy a 64" F8500? My concern is a lot of the tech I'm interested in won't be available together with content for a number of years (ultimate UHD, Ultra D 3D & HDR). If I get the F8500, I'm unlikely to be able to afford an upgrade for maybe 5 years... but I'm guessing that might be how long it will be before the content is ready to take advantage of all 3 at an affordable price?
It's about the only time left to buy an F8500. If you need a TV today, the F8500 is a great choice. I can't predict how soon OLED will be affordable or how long it'll be before Ultra-D is on store shelves. I can predict that F8500s will become scarce after production stops this year.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
post #136 of 200 Old 10-10-2014, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
It's about the only time left to buy an F8500. If you need a TV today, the F8500 is a great choice. I can't predict how soon OLED will be affordable or how long it'll be before Ultra-D is on store shelves. I can predict that F8500s will become scarce after production stops this year.
Thanks for the insight, and TY for the update... I think I'll dive into the 8500 and make the most out of 1080 p until I can afford a nice Ultra D set
Aras_Volodka is offline  
post #137 of 200 Old 10-10-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,105
Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras_Volodka View Post
Thanks for the insight, and TY for the update... I think I'll dive into the 8500 and make the most out of 1080 p until I can afford a nice Ultra D set
Gotta say, the F8500 was one of the best purchases I've ever made...
Aras_Volodka likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
post #138 of 200 Old 10-14-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,217
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Gotta say, the F8500 was one of the best purchases I've ever made...
One will be in my house on Thursday Did you upgrade the 3D glasses that came with the set? If so have any recommendations?
Aras_Volodka is offline  
post #139 of 200 Old 11-10-2014, 02:39 AM
Member
 
vulgartrendkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Any update on this UltraD tech?
Paul H and kshape like this.

Yamaha RX V775 AV Receiver with 5.1 setup:Tannoy Mercury v4 fronts, Dali Zensor 1 rears, Kef IQ2c centre with a Maudaunt Short Alumni 6 sub. LG 55C7V OLED.
Sony s760 bluray player, fat PS3, Freesat Via TV, and Libreelec 8 on a HP Microserver N54L with 4tb storage and 6gb RAM.
vulgartrendkill is offline  
post #140 of 200 Old 11-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Member
 
enzo631's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Evidently there's something to show me. I just got a phone call. Headed to the StreamTV office on Wednesday.

Any new info from the Stream tv guys?
enzo631 is offline  
post #141 of 200 Old 11-13-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 16,105
Mentioned: 445 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9176 Post(s)
Liked: 16188
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo631 View Post
Any new info from the Stream tv guys?
Hang tight... I'm in touch with them.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is offline  
post #142 of 200 Old 01-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Member
 
kugumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I assume Mark is incredibly busy, but speaking for myself, I'm very curious as to how the press conference went and how the display looks. Maybe it's been posted elsewhere, but I searched and didn't see anything.
kugumby is offline  
post #143 of 200 Old 01-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Member
 
Zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I NEED one of these right now... I have been checking non stop for anything online about IZON, Stream TV, and Ultra D but there has been little coverage from CES 2015. IZON says to join them at CES 2014 on their main page so I don't expect anything timely from them... The only noteworthy info so far has been from Sports Video Group and can be viewed at:

http://sportsvideo.org/main/blog/201...-glasses-free/

Mark has been the only substantial source of information and I really appreciate all that he has provided. Hopefully we will all have pricing info and a release date to look forward to in the near future as well!


Picture courtesy of: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...108-story.html

Last edited by Zomby; 01-08-2015 at 12:18 AM.
Zomby is offline  
post #144 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Ultra-D Glasses-Free
you yelled it's the next thing and no website in the world write about them
do not look good
ofiktomi is offline  
post #145 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 3,208
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofiktomi View Post
Ultra-D Glasses-Free
you yelled it's the next thing and no website in the world write about them
do not look good
Why are you linking to the same thread that we are currently posting in?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #146 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Member
 
Zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofiktomi View Post
Ultra-D Glasses-Free
you yelled it's the next thing and no website in the world write about them
do not look good
...Huh!? At least try to express yourself in a coherent manner if you are going to go to the trouble of posting... I don't even quite understand what you are trying to say or who exactly you are addressing... Who yelled it's the "next thing?" I yelled that "I NEED one," whether or not it is the "next thing" or not is completely irrelevant top me. Who, what, when, where, why, and how!? Those are all great questions to ask yourself before "contributing" to a discussion... Add in a few capital letters (where appropriate) and some punctuation and you've got yourself a complete sentence!!!

Last edited by Zomby; 01-08-2015 at 08:49 PM.
Zomby is offline  
post #147 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Member
 
Zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I sincerely hope this goes somewhere this year. I have been into 3DTV since I first read about it in a gaming magazine, back in 2007 if memory serves me correctly. My wife and I were in Disney World in 2010 and I was torturing her the whole time with "3D TV, that's all you'll hear for the next year!" She didn't understand why I was so obsessed with it... until we went into a 3D show in the Magic Kingdom. We walked out of the theater and she exclaimed, "I get it now! You can get one as soon as we get home!!!" We don't watch 3D every day, but it is nice to have the option for movies and gaming.

I truly believe this is the type of technology to put 3D TV back in the spotlight. I am really getting sick of the TV industry getting us all hyped up about something like 3D, taking money from early adopters like us (I have 3 3D LG TV's), abandoning the technology at the first sign of any resistance or because they did not rake in the cash as quickly as they hoped, bad reviewers and or "journalists" claiming 3D is dead just because they are not interested in it personally (Gizmodo you suck...), and now the industry wants us all to invest in 4K (which I would like to see in ADDITION to 3D) when there is no content available... Hopefully a smaller company will take the consumer into consideration and give us something that is both tangible and functional.

Look, I realize the hype has died down... I realize 3D TV is not as big at CES... But I also know MANY people that have 3D functionality in their home theaters and firmly believe that if the industry put the same level of patience into 3D as they did with HD (which took years to penetrate the market), it can still catch on in a big way. Ditching the glasses is a great start!

Last edited by Zomby; 01-09-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Zomby is offline  
post #148 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gamermwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 1,051
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 176
From that sportsvideo article above it seems as though the decision to go from set top box converter to a single chip has pushed things back

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
gamermwm is offline  
post #149 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Member
 
Zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
From that sportsvideo article above it seems as though the decision to go from set top box converter to a single chip has pushed things back
I wouldn't even mind an external box for 2D-3D conversion and processing.
Zomby is offline  
post #150 of 200 Old 01-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Member
 
Zomby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Here are a couple of videos I found from CES 2015!!! It's not much, but I will take any info I can find at this point...



Enjoy!!!
Zomby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off