Official 2014 Vizio Mxxx-Bx Series owners thread - Page 120 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 291Likes

post #3571 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Along with the constantly flashing 2-inch or so high "Searching for available updates...." bar at the bottom of the screen, my TV has become spasmatic...screen size changes (only once or twice so far) along with flashes of my VIA Apps that remain on the screen briefly before disappearing.

Very strange!

Interesting that the "Searching for available updates..." bar appears to have the Yahoo! symbol (Y!) on the right side of the bar.

I wonder if there's a connection to what's going on and the VIA Apps?

Gene

VIZIO M602i-B3 SN: Q51 (MFR December 15-21 2014)
VIZIO E601i-A3 SN:WAN50 (MFR
December 10-16 2012)
NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual-Band Router
PLEX, SERVIIO, TVersity Media Servers
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i

Last edited by iautotron; 06-16-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post
Along with the constantly flashing 2-inch or so high "Searching for available updates...." bar at the bottom of the screen, my TV has become spasmatic...screen size changes (only once or twice so far) along with flashes of my VIA Apps that remain on the screen briefly before disappearing.

Very strange!

Gene
I haven't seen the screen size change yet, but the VIA Apps are showing up at the bottom every few minutes, but only for a second. Navigating the menus is next to impossible and the VIA Apps button on my remote isn't doing anything. Strange indeed.
post #3573 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting the update message too and it's pretty damn annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3574 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 07:59 PM

Mine seems to have stopped in the last few minutes (9:55 PM EDT). I received a pop-up window stating the Vizio privacy policy has changed. Once it went away, the update message stopped.
post #3575 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 08:28 PM

I just tried to call VIZIO

You can call Vizio @ 1-877-878-4946

I didn't speak to a rep at this point because of a "high volume of calls", but messages at that number advise us to visit:

When you do you'll find "Yahoo Bar" troubleshooting steps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio Facebook
If the post below does not fix your issue, you may need to still reset your TV. Please follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

1. Attempt to do a Clear memory or reset to default on the TV. If you are able to do this it should resolve the issue.
A. Using the VIZIO remote, press the Menu button.
B. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK.
C. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK.
D. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.
E. If you have not manually reset the parental code, please input 0 0 0 0 when it asks for the password.
F. Highlight Reset and press OK.
G. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly
afterward and the Setup App will begin.
2. If the Yahoo! bar continually pops up blocking you from doing a clear memory then the TV must be disconnected from your Network.
3. Unplug your router.
4. Run a Clear memory on your TV. (see 1A above)
5. Set the TV back up and reconnect to your network.
6. If they continue to have an issue please wait 24 hrs. and check back with us for a possible resolution.
That's their advice so far.

This would be a last resort so I'm not doing anything until I hear what others have done to resolve it, or better yet and best case scenario, it resolves itself on its own.

Gene

Update:

Where it says in the Vizio troubleshooting suggestion posted above:
"If the post below does not fix your issue..."

refers to this one-hour earlier troubleshooting suggestion on Vizio's Facebook page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio Facebook
We are experiencing an issue with our TV’s continually attempting to update the Yahoo bar.
Please follow the steps to resolve this issue.
1. Go to WPS in the network Menu.
2. When it attempts to connect press cancel
3. Go back into your network and reconnect to your network

This should resolve your issue.

December 10-16 2012)
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i

Last edited by iautotron; 06-16-2015 at 08:58 PM.
post #3576 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I was also getting the update message and it would not go away. I couldn't access apps or menu for long. I just did a factory reset. Hasn't come back yet.
post #3577 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I turned my router off and followed the steps that were posted above. When my router came back online I attempted to connect and put in the wrong aes key to prevent it from connecting. If you don't care about the smart tv apps follow the steps posted or block it in your router. No more yahoo updating messages. Will keep it offline while I wait for a proper fix. Don't feel like reentering all of my settings again.

Quote:
We are experiencing an issue with our TV’s continually attempting to update the Yahoo bar.
Please follow the steps to resolve this issue.
1. Go to WPS in the network Menu.
2. When it attempts to connect press cancel
3. Go back into your network and reconnect to your network

This should resolve your issue.
post #3578 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 PM

It stopped doing it!

About a half hour ago I did this (I have a Comcast Arris Modem):

1-Turned off the desktop computer.
2-Turned off the Vizio TV.
3-Unplugged the Comcast Arris Modem (same as rebooting it).
4-Unplugged the Netgear Router (same as rebooting it).
5-Waited a couple of minutes.
6-Plugged back in the Modem.
7-Plugged back in the Router.
8-Powered on the computer.
9-Powered on the Vizio M60.

At this point, nothing changed.

BUT, without me doing anything further, about half an hour later, the Yahoo Bar thing stopped and everything appears to be back to normal. This could of course change at any moment.

I can once again access all my inputs as well as all the Vizio settings without the annoying Yahoo Bar "searching for updates..."

I am not convinced it was because of what I did, but I could be wrong. I feel it stopped on its own, perhaps by something Vizio did at their end.

More to follow, I'm sure.

Gene

December 10-16 2012)
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
post #3579 of 3765 Old 06-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Mine was doing it all the time I was watching the College World Series. Then suddenly, it said installing updates and then stopped with the apps opened at the bottom of the screen. I hit exit on the remote and everything is back to normal.
post #3580 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic86 View Post
I turned my router off and followed the steps that were posted above. When my router came back online I attempted to connect and put in the wrong aes key to prevent it from connecting. If you don't care about the smart tv apps follow the steps posted or block it in your router. No more yahoo updating messages. Will keep it offline while I wait for a proper fix. Don't feel like reentering all of my settings again.
The cancel from network menu WPS setup tip did it for me. I thought the searching for update issue was resolved last night but it was doing it again this morning when I got up. Hitting cancel on the network/WPS connect menu did at least a temporary fix for me. We'll see if it happens the next time I power down and back on overnight

Last edited by gatorred; 06-17-2015 at 06:06 AM. Reason: for clarity
post #3581 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 07:12 AM

Mine started up again this morning when I checked it. Connecting to WPS, then to my router fixed it this time.
post #3582 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 09:56 AM

Ok, so when I went to bed last night I thought I had resolved the Yahoo Bar issue because it had stopped its spasms.

But, like some of you, turning on the set this morning found the issue had returned.

I tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps, but could not resolve it, but did find a "workaround" that Comcast customers might be able to use to at least get the darn thing from flashing the Yahoo Bar, VIA Apps, and everything else it's NOT supposed to do.

This is a "temporary" fix until Vizio gets their act together and resolves this issue once and for all.

1-Settings
2-Guided Setup--->Network Setup (set will search for Networks)
3-Choose your "xfinintywifi" Network
4-You'll then be connected and the Yahoo Bar spasm will be circumvented and ceased.

With this workaround I am unable to connect to certain devices such as my Media Servers, but at least I can watch recorded programs without the annoyance of the Yahoo Bar "Searching for available updates..."

The Vizio Facebook (www.facebook.com/vizio) page (change from "Most Relevant" to "Recent Activity") is going crazy with folks like us posting the same issue, trying the same suggested fixes, but with little to no success.

This obviously is a Vizio crash and burn issue and it would seem we are basically at their mercy until a fix is available.

Gene

December 10-16 2012)
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i

Last edited by iautotron; 06-17-2015 at 10:03 AM.
post #3583 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post
Ok, so when I went to bed last night I thought I had resolved the Yahoo Bar issue because it had stopped its spasms.

But, like some of you, turning on the set this morning found the issue had returned.

I tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps, but could not resolve it, but did find a "workaround" that Comcast customers might be able to use to at least get the darn thing from flashing the Yahoo Bar, VIA Apps, and everything else it's NOT supposed to do.

This is a "temporary" fix until Vizio gets their act together and resolves this issue once and for all.

1-Settings
2-Guided Setup--->Network Setup (set will search for Networks)
3-Choose your "xfinintywifi" Network
4-You'll then be connected and the Yahoo Bar spasm will be circumvented and ceased.

With this workaround I am unable to connect to certain devices such as my Media Servers, but at least I can watch recorded programs without the annoyance of the Yahoo Bar "Searching for available updates..."

The Vizio Facebook (www.facebook.com/vizio) page (change from "Most Relevant" to "Recent Activity") is going crazy with folks like us posting the same issue, trying the same suggested fixes, but with little to no success.

This obviously is a Vizio crash and burn issue and it would seem we are basically at their mercy until a fix is available.

Gene
This is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why Vizio's automatic push updates policy is terribly flawed. Updates should a User decision (There is an Update available. Do you want to Update?) Maybe Vizio will learn from this latest fiasco. Generally Vizio is a pretty media savvy company.
post #3584 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
This is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why Vizio's automatic push updates policy is terribly flawed.
This doesn't appear to have anything to do with Vizio firmware updates but an issue with the Yahoo smart tv system. In that case, I would expect Yahoo's apps to update automatically as when dealing with web streaming services, stuff can be extremely broken if users aren't all on the latest version. However, whoever made the mistake here made a huge mistake. For it to cause issues on every single connected Vizio is amazing. It clearly shows a flaw in the Yahoo apps setup.
post #3585 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrainwater View Post
This doesn't appear to have anything to do with Vizio firmware updates but an issue with the Yahoo smart tv system. In that case, I would expect Yahoo's apps to update automatically as when dealing with web streaming services, stuff can be extremely broken if users aren't all on the latest version. However, whoever made the mistake here made a huge mistake. For it to cause issues on every single connected Vizio is amazing. It clearly shows a flaw in the Yahoo apps setup.
I have to disagree. My other Vizio with Yahoo Apps (XVT3D55) is internet connected and fine. It is obviously Model and or firmware related.
post #3586 of 3765 Old 06-17-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated Vizio Owners
"What we've got here is...failure to communicate."
Gene
naustin and venus933 like this.

December 10-16 2012)
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i
post #3587 of 3765 Old 06-18-2015, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I just got a firmware update for my Vizio M4221-B1. its V1.60.10-020.0000

There are a bunch of new picture settings. Does anyone have a V1.60.10-020.0000 calibration picture settings guide for the PS4?
post #3588 of 3765 Old 06-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I have to disagree. My other Vizio with Yahoo Apps (XVT3D55) is internet connected and fine. It is obviously Model and or firmware related.
Yahoo certainly pushes platform updates to different devices separately. This issue was fixed without a firmware update to the Vizio line so clearly it had nothing to do with a automated firmware update.
post #3589 of 3765 Old 06-18-2015, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I called Costco Concierge service since my Vizio was from there. They said it was caused by a yahoo apps update that Vizio pushed out on Tuesday night. He gave me the "disconnect router" instructions and said the reason the TV cycles this update procedure every 5 seconds is that the Vizio servers were so slammed by the error that the TV kept trying to connect over and over trying to update. Some TVs got through and others could not, resulting in people thinking their problem was fixed. I don't know. I did the admin reset thing and fixed my problem but obviously lost all my custom screen settings. That's the big downside. I have a second Vizio 55inch and it never got the problem, but it was not powered on this week until Wednesday night, so maybe it was somehow immune or got updated correctly on Wed night. I don't know.
post #3590 of 3765 Old 06-19-2015, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanNinja View Post
I just got a firmware update for my Vizio M4221-B1. its V1.60.10-020.0000

There are a bunch of new picture settings. Does anyone have a V1.60.10-020.0000 calibration picture settings guide for the PS4?
Can you post what the new picture settings are called. Do you have any problems with the auto brightness control. I'm afraid to connect my set and get the update right now. If there are any problems it could take months to fix.
post #3591 of 3765 Old 06-19-2015, 06:17 PM

Looking for some guidance in setting up my Vizio tv to play audio through my A/V receiver. I feel like this should be easy to do, but I'm having trouble.

I have an HDMI cable running from what would be 'HDMI 4' on the side of the tv to the HDMI out on my receiver (onkyo tx-sr606). How do I get everything to play through the receiver? I have AudioTVOut on the receiver set to On. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by blobula; 06-19-2015 at 06:26 PM.
post #3592 of 3765 Old 06-19-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blobula View Post
I have an HDMI cable running from what would be 'HDMI 4' on the side of the tv to the HDMI out on my receiver (onkyo tx-sr606)
Try running the cable FROM HDMI 1 (or 4) to HDMI IN on your receiver.

Gene

December 10-16 2012)
GOOGLE CHROMECAST
COMCAST 1080i

Last edited by iautotron; 06-19-2015 at 06:51 PM.
post #3593 of 3765 Old 06-19-2015, 07:25 PM

So it looks like the Onkyo Tx-sr606 doesn't support ARC technology so I can't just run an HDMI cable from the tv to receiver and pass the sound.

I ran an optical cable from the tv to the receiver optical input and it worked immediately.

Looks like receiver with HDMI 1.4 capability have ARC. The TX-SR606 has HDMI 1.3. Since the Vizio tv support ARC i need a receiver that supports it as well.

Last edited by blobula; 06-19-2015 at 07:54 PM.
post #3594 of 3765 Old 06-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello Blobula,

I had the same issue with an Integra 30.6 reveiver. I have to us the "HDCP" HDMI input to get audio & video with the new Xi3 boxes from Comcast. The Integra one has one and now I have to share it with a blue ray player

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #3595 of 3765 Old 06-30-2015, 01:55 PM
EdL

Liked: 17
Anyone experiencing frozen screen images? Happens within about 10 minutes of turning the set on. Connection via Hemingway from directv mini. Vizio's contractor replaced the main board back in May, however the freezing has returned. called Vizio and we did a system reset to factory settings, and that seems to have fixed it. However, I have not reconnected the set to the internet.

EdL
post #3596 of 3765 Old 06-30-2015, 01:55 PM
EdL

Liked: 17
Anyone experiencing frozen screen images? Happens within about 10 minutes of turning the set on. Connection via Hemingway from directv mini. Vizio's contractor replaced the main board back in May, however the freezing has returned. called Vizio and we did a system reset to factory settings, and that seems to have fixed it. However, I have not reconnected the set to the internet.

EdL
post #3597 of 3765 Old 07-01-2015, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My M55 just updated this evening from 1.34 to the newest 1.60 version. All my custom settings lost their names, the gama setting was added, and the lip sync is still just as bad as before (so no improvement). Haven't had time to do much playing around to see if I notice any big differences.
post #3598 of 3765 Old 07-02-2015, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroBuff99 View Post
My M55 just updated this evening from 1.34 to the newest 1.60 version. All my custom settings lost their names, the gama setting was added, and the lip sync is still just as bad as before (so no improvement). Haven't had time to do much playing around to see if I notice any big differences.
My did as well but I have all of my custom settings intact (Custom 1 and Custom 2). I did make a change to a Custom setting and my picture looks awesome! Haven't yet played around with apps, etc.

Thanks Vizio!
post #3599 of 3765 Old 07-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
My did as well but I have all of my custom settings intact (Custom 1 and Custom 2). I did make a change to a Custom setting and my picture looks awesome! Haven't yet played around with apps, etc.

Thanks Vizio!
My settings remained, but the names all changed from what they were to Custom 1, Custom 2, etc... I had them named based how I did them, for instance I used the AVS patterns for one so I called it AVSCD. I will probably recalibrate it again with the new options.
post #3600 of 3765 Old 07-03-2015, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all -

I've owned the M602 for about 6 months now, and up until recently had only ever used the built-in speakers .. sad, I know. Now that I've finally picked up a soundbar I'm having major lip sync issues, similar to what everyone has complained about.

I've tried all sorts of different fixes - the only one that seems to help at all is setting the optical out to PCM, not Bitstream, but then of course I am losing out on anything more than stereo output.

Has anyone tried to contact Vizio about this?

At this stage, the only configuration I haven't tried is connecting to an AVR and just running all my video through that (via HDMI). I assume that would fix the issue since the TV wouldn't be outputting audio?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page