Official 2014 Vizio Mxxx-Bx Series owners thread - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 291Likes

post #781 of 3766 Old 06-18-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
I have two options for you.
First option: run the Direct TV DVR as a pass through on the xbox one. That is how it is meant to be anyways. That way the satellite and xbox are on the same input. This option will make you switch to game mode each time you play a game however. This is what I do bc it only takes a second to switch it back and forth.
Option 2: since there exist a different set of options for each input you could calibrate the tv on the Xbox one(input 2) write down all the settings and switch over to input 1( the DVR). Here you should be able to input the same setting you have calibrated on input 2 and it should work perfectly.
Unfortunately I don't think you have any other options but neither are really that big of a hassle.
Great suggestions. I don't want to use the pass through. I prefer to keep them on separate inputs. But I can do option 2 first and then use pass through on my D* DVR temporarily to double check it.

FWIW, I had the original Xbox and had only it hooked up to a TV for gaming only. I then played PC games. So the Xbox One is a new purchase which actually motivated me to get a new TV. I could not make out the button combos to use to do some specific moves in the menu. The icons in the help menu were too blurry to make out. I had to go online and Google it. This particular game is 1080p and 60 FPS and it looks great. Those once blurry icons are easily read.

I appreciate your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 3766 Old 06-18-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1976 View Post
Has anyone ordered the 2014 65in from Amazon. If so have you received it yet.

I was wondering because it shows 2-4 weeks shipping even for Prime members.

Ordered on the 19th of last month, and is now showing June 30th delivery for my order......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #783 of 3766 Old 06-18-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 976 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ordered on the 19th of last month, and is now showing June 30th delivery for my order......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would take that with a grain of salt. I remember reading about users that pasted about crazy ship dates from amazon with the 42" and 60". They change often and one day will just mark as shipped. I have a feeling that Vizio is trying to milk every penny they can before it is released to the brick and morter stores for less than direct prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 3766 Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkalibur View Post
Also, last night when I decided to try out new settings, I found that one of my custom named presets had disappeared. This was on the input I hadn't used in over a week (PS3). I hope that had nothing to do with it and it's just a fluke. Anyone else have this happen? My other custom presets on my main input I use were still intact.
I lost all my custom presets a few weeks ago, I posted about it at the time. I chocked it up to a possible firmware update......never did figure it out and it hasn't happened since.
post #785 of 3766 Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsketchie View Post
Thought I'd chime in here...my router password is 64 characters (by choice) and I was able to enter it just fine. It does, however, stop showing the characters being entered after a certain point, but they are getting entered. I have the 42" model.
Thanks for that info. You are right! You can continue to enter characters but it just doesn't show up on the screen. But I still had no luck. I thought I was entering the wrong letters, but I took my time and did it 10 times. lol I'll figure out something later.
post #786 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
CNET Settings

I have been going back and forth between the CNET settings for the 60" M series and my own adjustments starting with the "Calibrated" picture mode, and I have found that the CNET settings using the "Computer" temperature setting is probably giving me the best results, but I still would like to get some of the red out of the faces, and I can't do it with the Tint setting alone. Has anyone with the proper equipment attempted to do this? I know that each set can need different adjustments, but other people have commented on the reddish tint with the CNET settings, so I'm hoping that someone might have been able to adjust those settings to tone down the red a little. The obvious place that I tried was in adjusting down the red gain and offset in the "Color Tuner" section, but I know all of the settings in that section are interrelated, and since I don't have equipment to do it properly I really don't know which settings to adjust. So far I have not been able to get really accurate skin tones from channel to channel.

If anyone has any experience tweaking those CNET settings please post your results so I can give them a try.

Thanks.
post #787 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenatug View Post
I have been going back and forth between the CNET settings for the 60" M series and my own adjustments starting with the "Calibrated" picture mode, and I have found that the CNET settings using the "Computer" temperature setting is probably giving me the best results, but I still would like to get some of the red out of the faces, and I can't do it with the Tint setting alone. Has anyone with the proper equipment attempted to do this? I know that each set can need different adjustments, but other people have commented on the reddish tint with the CNET settings, so I'm hoping that someone might have been able to adjust those settings to tone down the red a little. The obvious place that I tried was in adjusting down the red gain and offset in the "Color Tuner" section, but I know all of the settings in that section are interrelated, and since I don't have equipment to do it properly I really don't know which settings to adjust. So far I have not been able to get really accurate skin tones from channel to channel.

If anyone has any experience tweaking those CNET settings please post your results so I can give them a try.

Thanks.
The gain/offset adjust your grayscale, some how much red is in your whites/grays. It is the baseline that all color information is added to in order make your picture accurate and is therefore very important. Offset impacts the darker side of the spectrum and Gain impacts the brighter side of things. The other settings for Hue, Saturation, etc are to make red be an accurate red.

The problem you have is, if you think you see too much red, is it because of too much red in the grayscale or is it because there is not enough blue and green? Having an inaccurate red could also be part of the issue. I would say typically "sunburn" is because the gray scale is not correct.

So really, without a meter, it is just a crap shoot.
post #788 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
The gain/offset adjust your grayscale, some how much red is in your whites/grays. It is the baseline that all color information is added to in order make your picture accurate and is therefore very important. Offset impacts the darker side of the spectrum and Gain impacts the brighter side of things. The other settings for Hue, Saturation, etc are to make red be an accurate red.

The problem you have is, if you think you see too much red, is it because of too much red in the grayscale or is it because there is not enough blue and green? Having an inaccurate red could also be part of the issue. I would say typically "sunburn" is because the gray scale is not correct.

So really, without a meter, it is just a crap shoot.
I know; and that's my problem. So am I better off zeroing out all the "Color Tuner" settings and trying the colors one at a time to try to get the skin tones right rather than starting with the CNET settings and adjusting from there?

I noticed a comment that someone made about some people just using CNET's 11-point white balance settings and not the Color Tuner settings, but I was under the impression that the two go hand in hand. Does it make sense to use just the white balance settings and not the rest?
post #789 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I know; and that's my problem. So am I better off zeroing out all the "Color Tuner" settings and trying the colors one at a time to try to get the skin tones right rather than starting with the CNET settings and adjusting from there?

I noticed a comment that someone made about some people just using CNET's 11-point white balance settings and not the Color Tuner settings, but I was under the impression that the two go hand in hand. Does it make sense to use just the white balance settings and not the rest?
The only slightly go hand in hand. I would say leave White Balance and Color Tuner alone and see if you can get to what you are after with just the Color control. If you have to reduce Color too far then play with Red offset/gain and probably drop them both by the same amount. But again, that is just guessing. I would steer clear of the Color Tuner for sure.
post #790 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
The only slightly go hand in hand. I would say leave White Balance and Color Tuner alone and see if you can get to what you are after with just the Color control. If you have to reduce Color too far then play with Red offset/gain and probably drop them both by the same amount. But again, that is just guessing. I would steer clear of the Color Tuner for sure.
I'm confused. In order to "...play with Red offset/gain..." I need to do that in the "Color Tuner" section, which is where those options are. So how to I steer clear of that section and still make the adjustments?
post #791 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm confused. In order to "...play with Red offset/gain..." I need to do that in the "Color Tuner" section, which is where those options are. So how to I steer clear of that section and still make the adjustments?
Ok, sorry, I don't have one of these sets yet so not sure on the menus. Offset and Gain are for grayscale so play with those. The other options are for color accuracy and steer clear for now.
post #792 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Ok, sorry, I don't have one of these sets yet so not sure on the menus. Offset and Gain are for grayscale so play with those. The other options are for color accuracy and steer clear for now.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
post #793 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is the M22 an IPS or a VA panel? I've searched the thread with no conclusive evidence. Most threads for other TVs people seem to not be able to tell the difference between these two panel types. I find it kind of ridiculous since it is night and day difference to me. You have to be an arm's reach away as viewing angles matter less from far away, but at this close proximity, which is the distance many people use their TVs as PC monitors, it can make or break it since on a large screen the viewing angles issues will surface very quickly.

Last edited by silverwolf0; 06-19-2014 at 04:57 PM.
post #794 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf0 View Post
Is the M22 an IPS or a VA panel? I've searched the thread with no conclusive evidence. Most threads for other TVs people seem to not be able to tell the difference between these two panel types. I find it kind of ridiculous since it is night and day difference to me. You have to be an arm's reach away as viewing angles matter less from far away, but at this close proximity, which is the distance many people use their TVs as PC monitors, it can make or break it.
I think it was said a while back that the B1 models (32 and 42") are IPS but the B2 and B3 models (49" and larger) are VA.
post #795 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Does anyone know if BJs is selling these in the store? All I see is the 60" on their web site, but wondering if the 42" is sold in their store as I'm a member (don't do Costco).
post #796 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am a new member but I have been reading the forum for several weeks now. Some people were asking about Amazon delivery and I just received my m602i-b3. I placed my order on June 10 with Amazon and scheduled a delivery of June 19. The next day Amazon shipped it out and sent me my tracking info. It shipped via Pilot freight service out of middlebrook PA to Illinois. The tracking was garbage, it never updated until today, june 19 when it was out for delivery. I was getting nervous that it wasn't on schedule like some have said. It showed up as scheduled, in 9 days. I returned the 2013 m 55" several weeks ago and was waiting for the 2014 m 55",but I couldn't wait any longer and bought the 60". I am glad I did. I instantly noticed a better picture quality than the 2013 and thats all I care about.
post #797 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkyle View Post
I would take that with a grain of salt. I remember reading about users that pasted about crazy ship dates from amazon with the 42" and 60". They change often and one day will just mark as shipped. I have a feeling that Vizio is trying to milk every penny they can before it is released to the brick and morter stores for less than direct prices.
Doesn't appear to still be available on Vizio's site anymore even. If anyone has one of the 65" M's ordered, please let us know if you get any shipping updates! Hopefully this isn't a sign of any kind of significant delay..
post #798 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 6510 Post(s)
Liked: 6225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternitay View Post
Doesn't appear to still be available on Vizio's site anymore even. If anyone has one of the 65" M's ordered, please let us know if you get any shipping updates! Hopefully this isn't a sign of any kind of significant delay..

One person has said their shipment date was updated to reflect 6/30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #799 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Oh yeah, from Amazon. They still have it up for sale showing a first available ship date of July 18 now. Hope these start rolling out soon, looking forward to seeing some impressions to help tide me over until the 70" hits.
post #800 of 3766 Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 6510 Post(s)
Liked: 6225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternitay View Post
Oh yeah, from Amazon. They still have it up for sale showing a first available ship date of July 18 now. Hope these start rolling out soon, looking forward to seeing some impressions to help tide me over until the 70" hits.

We have members who have ordered from Amazon as well as the Vizio site.

post #801 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
New firmware update

My 322i installed a firmware update this morning. I chatted with a Vizio rep, Stormi, and here is what the update did:

- The electronic manual will be available in the Help Menu
- If a lip sync issue was being experienced, this should be resolved. (It may require some settings adjustments)
- Custom Picture Settings are now able to save preferences
- Amazon will be a full HTML5 working version complete with 5.1 audio and Closed Captions.

Enjoy!

Dan

It's kinda funny...Most people use their television as a means to watch their favorite programming; I use my favorite programming as a means to watch my television.
post #802 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geickel View Post
My 322i installed a firmware update this morning. I chatted with a Vizio rep, Stormi, and here is what the update did:

- The electronic manual will be available in the Help Menu
- If a lip sync issue was being experienced, this should be resolved. (It may require some settings adjustments)
- Custom Picture Settings are now able to save preferences
- Amazon will be a full HTML5 working version complete with 5.1 audio and Closed Captions.

Enjoy!

Dan
"Oh, Stormi... oh Stormi.... Bring back that sunny day!"
post #803 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So I know it's the internet and most things should be taken with a grain of salt but I'm a little concerned about the VA panel on the 65". From what little I've read, IPS is the better panel so if anyone want's to put my mind at ease, go for it.

http://ipslcdpanel.blogspot.com/2010...-which-is.html
post #804 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked: 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana Man View Post
From what little I've read, IPS is the better panel so if anyone want's to put my mind at ease, go for it.
It's not nearly that clear cut. It is a series of tradeoffs. VA panels have much better contrast in their perpendicular to the panel sweet spot. The best VA panels are ~5000:1. In contrast the best IPS panels are ~1500:1. IPS panels have less color shift off axis, and do not suffer as much contrast drop (as a percentage of the starting point) as you shift off axis.

Pick your poison... Myself, I'd rather have a VA panel.
Iguana Man likes this.
post #805 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

I ordered the 65" M from Vizio on the 10th and received it on the 18th. I'm still in process of setting it up , routing cables and finally calibrating it.

My initial impressions are decent build quality. Smart TV apps are slow to respond and I managed to crash it once already, not a big deal, since I'm using an apple tv/fire tv/xbox for my streaming needs. I'm not happy with picture settings out of the box, I can see individual dimming zones on bright white items, but I'm guessing that's an artifact of the backlight setting too high on the the preset mode I'm using.

I'll report back on viewing angles and my impressions after I've calibrated the set using the WOW disk.

I've replaced a 9 year old Panasonic Plasma 50" that was easily 3 times the expense of this, so my expectations are tempered by that.
Iguana Man, Ph8te, baniels and 1 others like this.
post #806 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3942 Post(s)
Liked: 3645
I wish they offered the option of not having(or paying) for the Smart TV apps.
post #807 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Hi everyone

Loving my M422i-b1 since I got it but having an issue with the remote. It seems to just lose it's will to live and doesn't work. To get it going again, I have to turn the power off the TV then it comes back to life? Not always but sometimes....

Also, I have had DirecTV installed but the installer didn't programme the remote and despite trying all the codes shown via the genie box none seem to work, any ideas and what the procedure is? Thanks
post #808 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukichon View Post
Hi everyone

Also, I have had DirecTV installed but the installer didn't programme the remote and despite trying all the codes shown via the genie box none seem to work, any ideas and what the procedure is? Thanks
I don't remember how D* was able to do it as no listed codes worked. I called D* and after a second call to them I managed to get someone who walked me through it. They have some other non-listed codes they had me try and finally found one that worked. I don't have a genie, but that shouldn't matter. Give them a call and if they try to tell you to search for your make and model and try the codes, hang up and call back until you reach someone that can help.
post #809 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Happy to hear that. I think you're the first person I've seen to have one in the wild. It was a little concerning that they took the product page down yesterday.

Looking forward to further thoughts after you get it dialed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migl View Post
I ordered the 65" M from Vizio on the 10th and received it on the 18th.
post #810 of 3766 Old 06-20-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have a question. Is anyone here planning on a wall mount? My M602i-B3 hangs off my console about 5 inches on each side. It works but doesn't look very good. I've made 3 large purchases lately and would prefer to not buy another console. I think a wall mount would give it a more balanced look since it won't be sitting directly on it. Any recommendations? Any ones to avoid? I had no idea there were so many to choose from!
This takes a Universal 400mm X 400mm mount and weighs 46.3 pounds.

Found this one at local Micro Center: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...ll_Mount_791MT

Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Any tips on hiding the cables? Found this:
Looks like I need a power source too.

Monoprice Easy Mount Low Voltage Wall Plates: http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?pg...mat=4#feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page