Samsung UNxxHU7000 Anticipation Thread! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi everyone, I just came online to start this thread after ordering the 40" version of the Samsung HU7000 4K TV series earlier today. Which in my opinion should make for an great computer gaming and amatuar web comic publishing desktop display.

Also, I want to mention is that when I receive my 4K TV between the 16-18th of June, I'll try my best to post some pictures of my new TV once it's set up but in the meantime if someone already has this television and would like to post some pictures before I do then by all means please do so:)

P.S. Here is the link to the pdf user manual that I got from the Canadian Samsung website, just in case anyone is wondering what the features are:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201404/20140402212851307/%5BENG-US%5DNUATSCH-1.105.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-07-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Future Shop by my house had the 55" version of this in stock, I was in today to buy the 60" 7150 and ordered one but did leave with this one stuck in the back of my head, haven't found much on it yet. Reason I am now second guessing is that overall it'd probably end up around $300-350 more than the 60" which is on sale this week once he worked a better price for me.

Problem is they only had the one, it was going to be put on display but my salesguy got them to leave it down. I've been hankering for the 60" but now wondering at home if this wasn't a good spot to get into 4k. I'll advise if I change my mind, at worst I'll give some impressions if it is put on display. Pick of the box model info in case anyone cares.

Edit ---

Since I actually came here to find more info on this TV I didn't realize it was this new. I've actually had a hard time finding product info on it but here is the unit on the NZ site.

http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA55HU7000WXRD

I'm not sure how but this both sucks and blows...
post #3 of 7 Old 06-07-2014, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the link in your response Cowtown, so I was right after all the television does support hdmi 2.0 and thus true 60Hz 4k display in both tv and pc mode:D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just saw the 55HU7000 at Best Buy.

It was playing Samsung's demo material from a USB stick. It looked nice, but it's impossible to judge picture quality in a store.

How does this television compare with it's big brothers, the 55HU8550 and 55HU9000? Does it use the same panel and is the image quality comparable? What features are missing?
How does this television compare with the similarly priced LG 55UB8500?
post #5 of 7 Old 06-08-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Evan_H, sorry to say this but I don't have any answers to any of your question's (except for the UB8500 4k tv) at this time mainly because I won't be getting my television for another 8-10 days.

Also, I haven't seen any of the high end samsung 4k tv's that mentioned earlier, mainly because I didn't want to be envious of the high end models but I have seen the LG UB8500 series in person which was a 55" model I believe.

On one hand the picture quality seemed pretty good to me but on the other hand the build quality of the UB8500 4k tv was just terrible. I have never felt such a cheaply made television and that's why I went with the samsung 4k model.

The front screen was not bonded to the side bezel at all, meaning in other words I was able to press on any of the sides of the front screen easily and as for side bezel what I thought was originally made out of aluminum like some of the samsung model tv's was actually just a cheap feeling silver plastic that felt like that it could easily break apart.

Well I hope this post helps a little bit in your buying choice, personally I would very carefully view an UB8500 4k tv before buying one because the model I saw was just crap in terms of physical quality.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-10-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 3991 Post(s)
Liked: 3166
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowtown View Post
The Future Shop by my house had the 55" version of this in stock, I was in today to buy the 60" 7150 and ordered one but did leave with this one stuck in the back of my head, haven't found much on it yet. Reason I am now second guessing is that overall it'd probably end up around $300-350 more than the 60" which is on sale this week once he worked a better price for me.

Problem is they only had the one, it was going to be put on display but my salesguy got them to leave it down. I've been hankering for the 60" but now wondering at home if this wasn't a good spot to get into 4k. I'll advise if I change my mind, at worst I'll give some impressions if it is put on display. Pick of the box model info in case anyone cares.

Edit ---

Since I actually came here to find more info on this TV I didn't realize it was this new. I've actually had a hard time finding product info on it but here is the unit on the NZ site.

http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/t...UA55HU7000WXRD
Canadian URL:

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/UN55HU7000FXZC

Put on layaway for the wife for Christmas while it was on the Super Special pricing. Comments after then.

Still no listings or Reviews. Closest I've seen in the US is a 6950.

Last edited by p5browne; 09-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-24-2014, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Quoted: 3991 Post(s)
Liked: 3166
Got mine laid away for Christmas when they were on $1798 Special at the Brick. ($1 more at FS and BB, but not any more!)

Follow the pricing:

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/js...estid=1291642#

Seems to very small quantities available everywhere.

Seems to be on sale for the October 2 to 6 period. BB has Tax included on their deal. Costco deal a tad better, with an extended warrantee as well. The Brick has also lowered their price.

Black Friday pricing means I can update wife's Christmas present from the 7000 to the 7250 for only a few dollars more.

Last edited by p5browne; 11-25-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page