Official Panasonic TC-58AX800U & TC-65AX800U 4k Owners Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 192Likes

post #271 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grana View Post
Today I realized that Netflix is working in 4K, but my set has red and green bands , very annoying, I try everything but specially the red color is contaminating the rest specially the whites.
just any one has some settings to share?
i really appreciate it, or I will return it.
Thanks.
Well I have question for you? How does look on other sources, example Blu-ray or cable or Sat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaMan View Post
The 65" goes on display at Best Buy Magnolias around here, October 12. Will be great to finally get to see one in person.
Man I hope so.
nsiret likes this.
post #273 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just in regular antenna is awesome, the tv is perfect in this input, the local dimming and uniformity is great, but in HDMI everything looks washed out, and looks like that the brightness control all the screen, when you put the brightness low the screen looks better, not washed, but the picture goes too dark, with black patches.
In this tv the brightness works like a back light control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I finally seen one today in BB in the design center, no brainer best 4k edge-lit television and it look good on 720p 1080i sources on Directv.
post #275 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was almost ready to pull the trigger on Samsung 55" 8550 4K TV until I saw this thread. I read through all the pages and it seems like most of the owners are buying this TV because of the display port. What I'm looking for in a TV is good 3D, PQ, good blacks, upscaled blu-ray movies, streaming from Amazon Prime and Netflix. I also do gaming on Xbox 360. Would you recommend Panasonic AX800U for the purposes above? How's the lag and input when playing on Xbox?
post #276 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammita View Post
I was almost ready to pull the trigger on Samsung 55" 8550 4K TV until I saw this thread. I read through all the pages and it seems like most of the owners are buying this TV because of the display port. What I'm looking for in a TV is good 3D, PQ, good blacks, upscaled blu-ray movies, streaming from Amazon Prime and Netflix. I also do gaming on Xbox 360. Would you recommend Panasonic AX800U for the purposes above? How's the lag and input when playing on Xbox?
For what I've heard those TV's are not good.
post #277 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post
For what I've heard those TV's are not good.
Could you elaborate please? Which aspect is not good?
post #278 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Could you elaborate please? Which aspect is not good?
Samsung
post #279 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post
Samsung
Which TV would you recommend then?
post #280 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Which TV would you recommend then?
Panny just seen one today my post274.
post #281 of 1178 Old 10-12-2014, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well folks, looks like I may be joining the Panasonic AX800 owners soon. Found a local Best Buy who has the 65" on display, brought my PC in during today's football game so they weren't so busy. [email protected] over HDMI and an Nvidia 900 series card worked perfectly, unlike the Vizio P series I picked up minutes after they got off the Costco truck. Too bad that Best Buy didn't have any Display Port cables to test with.
I'll be going for the 58" as they're currently on sale for $1999.

Anyone wanting to see on in the Seattle area, it's on display a the Marysville/Smokey Point, WA Best Buy/Magnolia. Seattle/Northgate should have one on display soon.. it's in the building.
"Cory" was very accommodating
post #282 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregPug View Post
Actually I just realized that I contradicted my own logic: because you're using a 780Ti, there's no way you could get 4:4:4 at 4K/60Hz -- this requires HDMI 2.0 on a 900-series card. So even if you got a signal on HDMI4, you'd only get 4:2:0 at 60Hz. Thus you can't really test 4:4:4 over HDMI for us. However, I'm still very interested in whether 4:4:4 over DP works. When you get a chance, can you look at the below image (at default zoom) and see if it's clear over DP? If so, that means 4:4:4 is working; if not, means DP is showing something else, like 4:2:0.

Anybody else on this forum have a 900-series card?
I have the 58" with a GTX970 Both Displayport and HDMI 4 work at 4k/60 4:4:4. However, I did find that the HDMI cable made a difference. I had a 15' cable that didn't work on HDMI 4, but I changed to one from Amazon Basics (6') and got the HDMI 4 port to work fine. I'm using it right now. Anyway, the main issue I'm having now is I can't get the internet connection to work to the display. Everything else running off the same layered switch to the router is working just fine with +30mbps download speed and +7 mbps upload. Anyone else got it to work? I downloaded the latest firmware and upgraded the TV with a USB flash drive...

Thanks,
Paul
post #283 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 12:19 AM

BTW, I used this file to confirm 4:4:4 chroma sampling and copied my comments from another forum-

http://cdn.avsforum.com/b/b4/b4a4404...tach208609.png

TV says it's receiving 4k 60Hz full-color (4:4:4) on both DP and HDMI 4. I also opened the file with the various text and color bars (see earlier in the thread from GregP on the Geforce forum- https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...oma-hdmi-2-0-/ )

Every line of the text file in the .png file looks perfect with the right TV settings (Picture = Monitor, backlight = 70, sharpness = 0).

The other cool thing is that the NVIDIA control panel provides HDCP status (This display supports HDCP) for the HDMI connection. I know that the weight of the Panasonic UHD-TV set may be a problem for some folks, but I'm very satisfied with this purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you want any further details.
CRyan and kitejumping like this.
post #284 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 03:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Imajic if you are reading this,you were right about this TV have Plasma like colors,for the sources I use this would be the TV to buy.
post #285 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I'm in direct contact with the Senior Engineer (for TVs) at Panasonic
Hi @imagic , do you mind disclosing who that is and his/her full job title and department (Product Design Group rather than Product Planning Group at the TV Business Division at AVC Networks Company?) ( [email protected] ) If you'd rather keep it private then please e-mail me at nickpolydor AT gmail DOT com . I'm using your reputation as a professional photographer as well as reviewer, and your positive relationship with Leo Riley and Stream TV Networks, as leverage for the Panasonic hierarchy to take Ultra-D and other glasses-free 3D technologies more seriously, and if I can make them aware that you already have a positive relationship with one of their own colleagues then that will give both mine and your words added credence. Thanks, Nick (credentials in signature)

I, dabotsonline / Nicholas Polydor, am part of Panasonic UK's 'VIERA VIP Club': a group of six bloggers and forum posters receiving special access to information and events for the TV product range. Costs for activities are covered by Panasonic (no cash is involved). However, I can assure that this will never compromise my integrity or objectivity as an ethical conscience is something I have always and will forever hold very dear to my heart.

Last edited by dabotsonline; 10-13-2014 at 08:14 AM.
post #286 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phony_engineer View Post
BTW, I used this file to confirm 4:4:4 chroma sampling and copied my comments from another forum-

http://cdn.avsforum.com/b/b4/b4a4404...tach208609.png

TV says it's receiving 4k 60Hz full-color (4:4:4) on both DP and HDMI 4. I also opened the file with the various text and color bars (see earlier in the thread from GregP on the Geforce forum- https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...oma-hdmi-2-0-/ )

Every line of the text file in the .png file looks perfect with the right TV settings (Picture = Monitor, backlight = 70, sharpness = 0).

The other cool thing is that the NVIDIA control panel provides HDCP status (This display supports HDCP) for the HDMI connection. I know that the weight of the Panasonic UHD-TV set may be a problem for some folks, but I'm very satisfied with this purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you want any further details.

Very good information. Thank you! It is my understanding that this set allows you to toggle between HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2 - I am assuming you were able to get full chroma at 60Hz by using HDCP 1.4 - Is that correct?
post #287 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
There was a good manufacturing discussion in the es8000 thread on why it would affect the 65 inch size more/differently than the other sizes. One of the more knowledgeable people about the manufacturing process indicated that the bands had to do with 'splices' (this may be the wrong word) in one of the layers of the screen. The analogy was imagine having fabric come in a roll that's just wide enough to make a 55" screen. On the 55's you wouldn't see problems because it was one nice piece. On the 65 they had to make a few 'cuts' and 'splices' in the process and I believe there was an adhesive involved. Something about that difference made the 65's more prone to it. A search of these forums for 65 inch sony's and samsungs along with their pictures will show you everything I've said.
It was this post by @ruegway , @mo949 :

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post22796550

I, dabotsonline / Nicholas Polydor, am part of Panasonic UK's 'VIERA VIP Club': a group of six bloggers and forum posters receiving special access to information and events for the TV product range. Costs for activities are covered by Panasonic (no cash is involved). However, I can assure that this will never compromise my integrity or objectivity as an ethical conscience is something I have always and will forever hold very dear to my heart.
post #288 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I know that the weight of the Panasonic UHD-TV set may be a problem for some folks, but I'm very satisfied with this purchase and would do it again in a heartbeat. Let me know if you want any further details.
I'll be placing mine on a 2X12 guitar amp speaker cab on one end, set into a corner behind my desk. No sweat
post #289 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM

@bresna :

Quote:
After getting the runaround from Panasonic for 11 days now and still unable to get them to ship me a replacement set, I decided to return this set, cancel my order and buy another TV. My only other option was wait until they finally got me a new set, which would have been more than 30 days after my order date (which would put me out of the return window) and hope that the next one was problem free.

Panasonic, if you're reading this, your customer return *process* sucks. Your customer service people read their scripts fine, but they can't really do anything and the process takes waaaaaaaaay too long. If this happened with a TV from amazon.com, I'd be watching my replacement TV by now.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post25192033

@Lostonmountain :

Quote:
My TV was supposed to come today. You said the truck freight company would call me. Well imagine my surprise when I went to do some laundry yesterday to find a FedEx notice on my laundry room door saying they needed my signature and I had to be home. Well I was home all day. Apparently the driver either didn't bother to knock or was too stupid to tell the large front door from the small padlocked laundry room door and knocked there. Oh and the notice said it was the second attempt well I was home all day Monday too and nobody showed up. So I stayed home all day today waiting for my TV...but nobody showed up for the "third" attempt it said would happen on the notice. So track the shipment with FedEx you say? Well fine but all I have is a tracking number for a company called "Pilot" but they obviously turned it over to FedEx not wanting to go 60 miles out of their usual delivery area. So now I'll have to call you see if you can find out what FedEx has done with it, meantime every day the delivery people have it in some truck is another day it risks getting damaged. This is a crazy way to handle shipping a $3,300 item.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post25268009

@Hawkmoon :

Quote:
It is weird to hear these horrid stories of Panasonic's service. Last year, when I first reported issues with the WT600 4k set, Panasonic at first was amazing, they wanted to take care of it themselves and all, but I had already made arrangements with best buy for the exchange. When I got my second set and it had the same banding issues, I contacted Panasonic and they basically just ignored me, not returning calls or emails.

As you know, I arranged a return for refund on my new AX800 and out of the blue today, I get a phone call from a Panasonic Tech asking about the banding and that they want to have me try another one. They were talking about actually driving it themselves from their San Diego, CA facility to me. They want to first look at my set and give me a new one. They also thought I was closer to them than they though and when I informed them I am about 300 miles away from San Diego, they said they would see what they can do. The tech said they want to see mine to see if the banding is similar to the ones in their labs and if my banding is worse that they want me to have one that has a lot less banding. Sounds like they are admitting the banding issues, but it also sounds like all other LCD's that the banding should not be as bad as I have on my set.

The funny part is I brought up the issues with last years set and he cut me off saying they were well aware of the "4 line" banding that every set from last years version had. I had to email them my address since they thought I was 150 miles closer, so I will let you all know what happens in the next 24-48 hours.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post25271249

@bresna :

Quote:
I was told by Panasonic that I would get a call from the shipping company too. And like you, I NEVER got a call from anyone. The TV just showed up one day. Luckily, I called the shipping company earlier that day and found out, almost by accident, that it was on a truck.

Panasonic also promised to call me several times during my attempts to return the set. They never called. Not once. Now I'm waiting for the shipping company to call and arrange the pickup of their damaged TV. No call, three days later. Now I'm going to have to call them, get put on hold for hours and hope that they pick it up. It's not fun having this huge box in my hallway (and no refunded money) as I wait to go and buy a 4K TV from one of Panasonic's competitors.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post25275842

@bresna :

Quote:
Just a heads up to those of you who may have to deal with Panasonic's "customer service" some day - their cracked TV is still sitting in my front hallway and they still have my credit card charged. This situation passed ridiculous about two weeks ago. They constantly tell me that they will call me and they have not called me a single time yet.

Their last E-mail with an RMA # (finally!!) included a note that I would be receiving an e-mailed shipping label "within 48 hours". After calling them (again), I was finally put in touch with someone who tells me that I won't be getting this E-mail and that I have to wait for the shipping company to call me to arrange the pick up. Yeah, the same shipping company that never called me to arrange the delivery.

This has turned out to be one of the my worst customer service interactions ever.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post25391442

@bresna :

Quote:
My second 58" AX800 is supposed to come in on Wednesday (9/3). They used a different shipping company than the last time. I already called this new company to tell them about my last TV arriving cracked in half. They say they'll take extra care. We'll see. This is Panasonic's last shot at this. I won't buy another if this one arrives cracked. I still think it's a poorly designed shipping box with the ~75 lb stand stuck in the bottom of one corner of the huge box. It makes for an awkward weight distribution and will add stress to the TV if not held upright during the entire shipping process.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post27023545

@bresna :

Quote:
My second TC-58AX800U set arrived Friday. Luckily, I was home. The delivery company sent one guy and a two-wheel dolly. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have a theory that a two-wheel dolly may have been what cracked my first set. After I convinced the delivery guy to hand carry it into my house (with me on the heavy end ), it is not cracked and I am now the owner of this TV.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post27207274

@bresna , @Lostonmountain and @Hawkmoon : this is very sad to hear.

I assume that it was one or all of these support channels that were troublesome (via http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/suppo...t-us?t=service ):

1. Contact by Email

[email protected] (listed as the Service Center address in an instruction manual)

[email protected] (the @PanasonicUSA account tweeted this themselves in early 2013)

2. Chat Online with our VIERA HDTV Experts

Weekdays: 9 AM - 9 PM EST
Weekends: 10 AM - 7 PM EST
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...?storeId=15001

3. Call our VIERA Concierge Hotline

Call 1-877-95-VIERA
Weekdays: 9 AM - 9 PM EST
Weekends: 10 AM - 7 PM EST

If you wish, you can e-mail me at nickpolydor AT gmail DOT com with a full list of the problems you've suffered from start to finish. Please include as many details as possible: dates, times, contact methods, names etc. It seems that different staff members send from those single accounts but include their team numbers in their reply, e.g. 'Mike D11' or 'Laura T26', and 'PCEC' (Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America) and 'CSG' (Customer Service Group). If you managed to get hold of surnames then that would be even better.

@spinkeriffic and I will ensure that senior personnel at Panasonic USA in charge of the Online Store and Customer Service gets these problems addressed (see my signature for my credentials).

(For your information, employee e-mail addresses for all divisions of Panasonic Corporation worldwide are formatted:
[email protected][ca / us / br / cl / co / cr / gt / mx / pa / pe / ve / eu / ru / ae / jp / cn / kr / hk / tw / au / in / id / my / mm / nz / ph / sg / th / vn].panasonic.com
(for Canada/US/Brazil/Chile/Colombia/Costa Rica/Guatemala/Mexico/Panama/Peru/Venezuela/Europe/Russia/Middle East & Africa/Japan/China/South Korea/Hong Kong/Taiwan/Australia/India/Indonesia/Malaysia/Myanmar/New Zealand/Philippines/Singapore/Thailand/Vietnam)
(as you can see, all Europe excluding Russia and all Middle East & Africa fall under @eu. and @ae. rather than individual countries. I believe that all Latin American countries that don't have an individual domain instead fall under: Panama @pa. )

Last edited by dabotsonline; 10-13-2014 at 12:30 PM.
post #290 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 07:06 PM

Order placed at Best Buy today, used the 10% mover's coupon from USPS. Some sort of free soundbar and sub supposed to be included with it.. not that I need them, I've got a zillion other speakers here, and my audio for it's use is driven through a pair of KRK Rokit 8 studio monitors and a 10" Rokit sub.

I really wish Costco carried the AX800, I love their warranty extension.

Should be here on Saturday.
post #291 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womac911 View Post
Order placed at Best Buy today, used the 10% mover's coupon from USPS. Some sort of free soundbar and sub supposed to be included with it.. not that I need them, I've got a zillion other speakers here, and my audio for it's use is driven through a pair of KRK Rokit 8 studio monitors and a 10" Rokit sub.

I really wish Costco carried the AX800, I love their warranty extension.

Should be here on Saturday.

Look forward to your thoughts!
post #292 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRyan View Post
Very good information. Thank you! It is my understanding that this set allows you to toggle between HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2 - I am assuming you were able to get full chroma at 60Hz by using HDCP 1.4 - Is that correct?

I used the GTX970 EVGA SC card which is HDMI 2.0 capable. It's not possible to get 4k full chroma using HDMI 1.4 in any flavor. HDCP refers to the level of content protection between the source and the display. HDCP 2.2 is required for the next generation Blu-ray standard which supports 4k source material. I don't think it matters with any current network based streaming player(s). In any case, you want a display that has the following-

HDMI 2.0 (4k/60Hz/4:4:4 color sampling)
HDCP 2.2 (for future proofing wrt Blu-Ray UHD)
Optionally Displayport 1.2 or higher- Panasonic is the only UHD TV that has it currently if you're hooking up to a Mac or PC with a GPU that supports it.

Hope that helps,
Paul
post #293 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I'll be placing mine on a 2X12 guitar amp speaker cab on one end, set into a corner behind my desk. No sweat

Totally worth it, just make certain to have some help lifting it. The box is about twice the size of the set and even when you pull it out and attach the stand, it's definitely at least a 2 person job and takes some finesse...
post #294 of 1178 Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I used the GTX970 EVGA SC card which is HDMI 2.0 capable. It's not possible to get 4k full chroma using HDMI 1.4 in any flavor. HDCP refers to the level of content protection between the source and the display. HDCP 2.2 is required for the next generation Blu-ray standard which supports 4k source material. I don't think it matters with any current network based streaming player(s). In any case, you want a display that has the following-

Optionally Displayport 1.2 or higher- Panasonic is the only UHD TV that has it currently if you're hooking up to a Mac or PC with a GPU that supports it.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Thank you always for information but I was referring to HDCP 1.4 (or any iteration prior to HDCP 2.2). There is/has been an unfortunate limitation with the currently available HDCP 2.2 chips that ultimately limits the bandwidth of the HDMI 2.0 port. No one on this forum ( as far as I have read) has been able to get full chroma out of any HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 port on any TV.

Since you were able to get 4:4:4 chroma at 60Hz 4K, it was my assumption that somehow you disabled HDCP 2.2.

Last edited by CRyan; 10-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.
post #295 of 1178 Old 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:

Hope that helps,
Paul

Ok, there was good information provided by Panasonic over in the 4:4:4 thread. This is what I assumed must be going on but was not positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamea View Post
Here is what I recieved from Panasonic technical department (it is not in english, so I am translating):

All current Panasonic 4K TV models support 4:4:4 colors over HDMI 2.0. There is one important condition however: TV will use 4:4:4 only if video is not HDCP protected or if it is HDCP 1.4 protected. In the case of HDCP 2.2 video, it is switched to 4:2:0 subsampling.
post #296 of 1178 Old 10-14-2014, 09:57 AM

So I can't be certain whether the GTX970 is sending HCDP 1.4 or 2.2, but I do have the following photos to share-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	454.0 KB
ID:	311146   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	311154   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	311162   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	311170   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	311178  

kitejumping likes this.
post #297 of 1178 Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
So I can't be certain whether the GTX970 is sending HCDP 1.4 or 2.2, but I do have the following photos to share-
This is very good information and a pleasant surprise for a current generation HDCP 2.2 set. More HTPC users currently in the market for a 4K set should be aware of this model. It is the best of both worlds (assuming it will properly handle HDCP 2.2 content in the future). The only downside is the inability to do full chroma when a proper HDCP 2.2 source is available. And really, I am not sure it will matter.

So this is pretty great imo. The fact that this TV can do full chroma over HDMI and also supports HDCP 2.2 is cool.
post #298 of 1178 Old 10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRyan View Post
This is very good information and a pleasant surprise for a current generation HDCP 2.2 set. More HTPC users currently in the market for a 4K set should be aware of this model. It is the best of both worlds (assuming it will properly handle HDCP 2.2 content in the future). The only downside is the inability to do full chroma when a proper HDCP 2.2 source is available. And really, I am not sure it will matter.

So this is pretty great imo. The fact that this TV can do full chroma over HDMI and also supports HDCP 2.2 is cool.
This price level Panasonic 58AX800U is a real steal. Look what else out there and how much are they, after playing around Sony, LG and Samsung i'm glad i decided on this one.
post #299 of 1178 Old 10-14-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I used the GTX970 EVGA SC card which is HDMI 2.0 capable. It's not possible to get 4k full chroma using HDMI 1.4 in any flavor. HDCP refers to the level of content protection between the source and the display. HDCP 2.2 is required for the next generation Blu-ray standard which supports 4k source material. I don't think it matters with any current network based streaming player(s). In any case, you want a display that has the following-...........Hope that helps,
Paul
Very glad to see you here, since I'm usng the same card. I have a couple questions for you...
When I ran my prelim test at Best Buy, we were only able to use HDMI connection, as they had no Dislay Port cables in stock..

Are you able to get 1920x1080 @ 120hz at all over Display Port? I wasn't able to do that over the HDMI connection.... the Vizio P-series I'm returning does it, but the text is blurry...

With a 970, I assume you're a gamer. How well does it handle 4K games @60hz?

Any other thoughts specifically regarding graphics card>AX900 use?
post #300 of 1178 Old 10-14-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Very glad to see you here, since I'm usng the same card. I have a couple questions for you...
When I ran my prelim test at Best Buy, we were only able to use HDMI connection, as they had no Dislay Port cables in stock..

Are you able to get 1920x1080 @ 120hz at all over Display Port? I wasn't able to do that over the HDMI connection.... the Vizio P-series I'm returning does it, but the text is blurry...

With a 970, I assume you're a gamer. How well does it handle 4K games @60hz?

Any other thoughts specifically regarding graphics card>AX900 use?
I'm using the PC for work right now, but I will load a couple of recent titles to see if I can see perceivable differences and I'll try 1080p 120Hz as well. I'm using this display as a test bed for upgrading my dedicated home theater as well, so there are a lot of combinations to try out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
TC-58AX800U

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page