I received my 70p yesterday and after performing my standard OCD un-boxing ritual of checking for cracks and shipping damages, I powered it up. I ran through Vizio’s initial start-up process and displayed the internal grayscale test patterns to check for stuck/dead pixels and for any uniformity issues. It passed the test and surprisingly, it was extremely uniform across all intensities. I have not received my PRO2 from Tom and I was going to break out my profiled display 3 pro, however, I just wanted to do some preliminary testing. I selected calibrated dark (and not having a meter hooked up), dropped the backlight down to 20, and adjusted contrast/brightness/color/sharpness via my disc. Then I entered advanced setup and turned off all processing (which seemed to be the entire menu). I left on local dimming and set gamma to 2.4. Moving onto content, The Amazing Spiderman 2 1080p source direct out of my OPPO BDP-93 looked pristine considering Vizio was doing all the processing to scale this video to the native resolution of the panel. With sharpness set to 0, the image remained crisp and free of artifacts. Next was Netflix. I selected the first UHD movie I came across (which happened to be The Smurfs 2), I was blown away (not by the movie) but the resolution. The picture quality was phenomenal. Lastly, I wanted to put the P through some dark room testing and check Vizio’s local dimming implementation limitations. I stuck with calibrated dark, ran through my 2% patch 21-point grayscale, and check for blooming at all intensities. Surprisingly, blooming was minimal as I think this is due to Vizio not completely turning off its backlight unless nothing is displayed on the screen. However, I did find an anomaly. Calibration dark seems to have a completely different dimming algorithm than any other preset. I noticed this when I went to save under a custom name and once saved, the blooming was almost magnified by 50%. I didn’t find this acceptable and decided to re-run another test. I deleted the new custom saved preset and brought calibrated dark back to factory. Next, I changed one setting (sharpness), so I can get the asterisk next to the calibrated dark preset. Then, I saved it again under a custom name and as soon as I hit save, the same anomaly happened again (a complete backlight shift). I will have to do some further testing but it seems like with this current firmware 1.0.0, calibrated dark seems to have the best local dimming implementation over the rest of the presets, however the local dimming scheme cannot be saved to a custom preset. Only the settings can be saved. I will do some more testing this weekend once my meter arrives and I’ll update you once completed.