***Official 2014 Vizio P Series Owner's Thread - Page 163 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4644Likes

post #4861 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
thanks for that - I'd been wondering if this would be a good set as a monitor ever since Imagic's review on this site mentioned it would be a great candidate for a monitor.
Its great for gaming @ 1080p (120Hz). Unbelievable input lag. Its really sad with such an awesome feature that they killed its usability (for me) with the butchered wannabe HDMI 2.0 (at HDMI 1.4 bandwidth).

If I want a 4k display that is going to do 30Hz @ 4k and 120Hz @ 1080p then I would buy a $400 seiki instead.
CoolGreenBeans likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4862 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
^what would you say about 4k digital videotape recorders and video editing, would that be an issue?
post #4863 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascior View Post
I received my 70p yesterday and after performing my standard OCD un-boxing ritual of checking for cracks and shipping damages, I powered it up. I ran through Vizio’s initial start-up process and displayed the internal grayscale test patterns to check for stuck/dead pixels and for any uniformity issues. It passed the test and surprisingly, it was extremely uniform across all intensities. I have not received my PRO2 from Tom and I was going to break out my profiled display 3 pro, however, I just wanted to do some preliminary testing. I selected calibrated dark (and not having a meter hooked up), dropped the backlight down to 20, and adjusted contrast/brightness/color/sharpness via my disc. Then I entered advanced setup and turned off all processing (which seemed to be the entire menu). I left on local dimming and set gamma to 2.4. Moving onto content, The Amazing Spiderman 2 1080p source direct out of my OPPO BDP-93 looked pristine considering Vizio was doing all the processing to scale this video to the native resolution of the panel. With sharpness set to 0, the image remained crisp and free of artifacts. Next was Netflix. I selected the first UHD movie I came across (which happened to be The Smurfs 2), I was blown away (not by the movie) but the resolution. The picture quality was phenomenal. Lastly, I wanted to put the P through some dark room testing and check Vizio’s local dimming implementation limitations. I stuck with calibrated dark, ran through my 2% patch 21-point grayscale, and check for blooming at all intensities. Surprisingly, blooming was minimal as I think this is due to Vizio not completely turning off its backlight unless nothing is displayed on the screen. However, I did find an anomaly. Calibration dark seems to have a completely different dimming algorithm than any other preset. I noticed this when I went to save under a custom name and once saved, the blooming was almost magnified by 50%. I didn’t find this acceptable and decided to re-run another test. I deleted the new custom saved preset and brought calibrated dark back to factory. Next, I changed one setting (sharpness), so I can get the asterisk next to the calibrated dark preset. Then, I saved it again under a custom name and as soon as I hit save, the same anomaly happened again (a complete backlight shift). I will have to do some further testing but it seems like with this current firmware 1.0.0, calibrated dark seems to have the best local dimming implementation over the rest of the presets, however the local dimming scheme cannot be saved to a custom preset. Only the settings can be saved. I will do some more testing this weekend once my meter arrives and I’ll update you once completed.

Ryan
I can confirm the local dimming differences between Calibrated Dark and other modes, including that the differences 'magically' go away if you save a customized Calibrated Dark. It seems to mostly have to do with the backlight not ramping up nearly as much - I find even with Backlight of 100, it's slightly dimmer than my 'Video Calibration' setting that's using Backlight of 28 with Clear Action off. Also rather interestingly, Clear Action on is actually slightly brighter than Off when using Calibrated Dark. Grayscale (and hence overall color balance) also looks very slightly different so different grayscale settings would be necessary for it to be 100% dialed-in. OTOH, presumably since the backlight never ramps up very much (even with Backlight of 100), blooming is extremely minimal and the trailing effect is almost impossible to notice, even in a completely dark room...
Kipa, MWibbels, mascior and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4864 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzhimself View Post
How do I output audio from my TV to my AVR? I see HDMI port #1 is labeled as Audio out, I have an HDMI cable attached to my AVR from that output but there's no audio coming over to the AVR. Any ideas?

I have my AVR attached to HDMI 5 as input. I want to output audio from broadcast TV to the DVR. I could get an optical digital cable if necessary, but if I could just do with what I already have, that would be perfect.
you may have to enable CEC under the system setting...

i've got HDMI 1 Arc connect to a the Vizio 5.1 soundbar Hdmi..
and getting audio for everyday use..
and Optical cable to the AVR if i want the full sound.
post #4865 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies View Post
you may have to enable CEC under the system setting...

i've got HDMI 1 Arc connect to a the Vizio 5.1 soundbar Hdmi..
and getting audio for everyday use..
and Optical cable to the AVR if i want the full sound.
Looks like my AVR doesn't support CEC. No big deal. Optical cables aren't super expensive.
post #4866 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandstormGT View Post
I just searched google because I was curious about the WAN speed requirements for streaming 4k, this is what Netflix says but other users who actually use it might have a better answer.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444
Can someone explain why Netflix is calling for 25Mbps or higher. My DSL provider maxes out at 20Mbps and would have to switch to cable modem and that would be a pain.
post #4867 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Are you saying it can't meet HDMI 2.0 specs? I thought that was necessary for 4k at the higher framerates though?
I've fought with my P55 since about the 25th of last month. Using an EVGA 970. Hopeless, getting [email protected] will not work. No 4:4:4 support, and Nvdiai doesn't do 4:2:0 over the HDMI connection...

I was really, really wanting to liek this set. With 5 other Vizios in this house, I've always been a fan.. however... it'll be going back to Costco on Saturday, as I pick up the Panasonic AX800. PC testing with that, even over HDMI, were great.
SDsc0rch likes this.
post #4868 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6622 Post(s)
Liked: 6437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J Gould View Post
Can someone explain why Netflix is calling for 25Mbps or higher. My DSL provider maxes out at 20Mbps and would have to switch to cable modem and that would be a pain.

Becsuse 4k takes bandwidth. I hope you realize even at 25Mbps these are "bit starved" encodes and on the lower end of the 4k scale. The suggested bandwidth of 25Mbps is to ensure you have enough headroom for when streaming 15-18+Mbps movies and shows. Otherwise you'll be getting HD.

Sent from an system/360
videobruce likes this.
post #4869 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womac911 View Post
I've fought with my P55 since about the 25th of last month. Using an EVGA 970. Hopeless, getting [email protected] will not work. No 4:4:4 support, and Nvdiai doesn't do 4:2:0 over the HDMI connection...

I was really, really wanting to liek this set. With 5 other Vizios in this house, I've always been a fan.. however... it'll be going back to Costco on Saturday, as I pick up the Panasonic AX800. PC testing with that, even over HDMI, were great.
Thanks for your thoughts. Well the AX800 is certainly an upgrade, but it does come with some serious extra cash requirements, more than I'd be willing to pay for a monitor and I'd actually prefer the smaller 50 inch size when it comes out since I'd be closer to the screen.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the AX800 though elsewhere!
post #4870 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:53 PM
A/V Addicted Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googer View Post
I can confirm the local dimming differences between Calibrated Dark and other modes, including that the differences 'magically' go away if you save a customized Calibrated Dark. It seems to mostly have to do with the backlight not ramping up nearly as much - I find even with Backlight of 100, it's slightly dimmer than my 'Video Calibration' setting that's using Backlight of 28 with Clear Action off. Also rather interestingly, Clear Action on is actually slightly brighter than Off when using Calibrated Dark. Grayscale (and hence overall color balance) also looks very slightly different so different grayscale settings would be necessary for it to be 100% dialed-in. OTOH, presumably since the backlight never ramps up very much (even with Backlight of 100), blooming is extremely minimal and the trailing effect is almost impossible to notice, even in a completely dark room...
Yeah, I noticed the backlight ramp was limited in calibrated dark as well. I also noticed, like you mentioned above, a few advanced settings act differently while in cal dark compared to other presets. Not too much of a big deal but kind of disappointing that you can't save a custom cal dark and name it how you want with the same dimming implementation. I got tracking on my Pro2 and it should be arriving this Friday...I can't wait to attack this display!

Last edited by mascior; 10-15-2014 at 06:18 PM.
post #4871 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
I have read through most of this thread and, unfortunately, a lot of the tech talk goes way over my head. Would appreciate your opinions on the 65" vs 70" however here is some background information first:

• Replacing a Sony 50" DLP
  • Viewing distance = 10-11 feet
  • Location = basement with no natural light
  • Primary use = 80% console gaming and 20% movie/TV viewing
  • Viewing angle is a concern as I have 1 spot that is pretty much on center; the other seats' viewing angle probably ranges from 20-30 degrees though I'm no mathematician
  • Good color and deep blacks are important too
  • I don't have any 4K media currently
I know it is recommended to get the largest TV you can afford based on your viewing distance. So, I'm interested in the Vizio P series 65" or 70". Based on my criteria above, which would be the best choice? My biggest concern is viewing angle and it seems all of the P series may have poor viewing angles. As far as colors/black levels, is there a big difference between the 65 and 70?

Finally, my other choice is the Sony W850B 70". It also has a low lag time and better viewing angles than the P series (based on Rtings.com). I don't think I'll see any of the 4K benefits due to my viewing distance? So maybe the Sony is the best choice? It is cheaper too at Best Buy with the mover's coupon.

Thanks all!
That sony won't be able to touch the Vizio P's Black levels and screen uniformity that's a given. The Vizio is full array + local dimming, while the sony is just an edge lit set without the latter.
post #4872 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts. Well the AX800 is certainly an upgrade, but it does come with some serious extra cash requirements, more than I'd be willing to pay for a monitor and I'd actually prefer the smaller 50 inch size when it comes out since I'd be closer to the screen.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the AX800 though elsewhere!
Supposedly there's a 50" AX800 as well, or maybe there was and it was discontinued... I haven't been able to find it. All I know is that Best Buy allowed me to bring my PC in, and test it. BAM! 4K/60hz right on boot, over the HDMI connection. They didn't have a Display Port cable in stock we could test with.
I had high hopes for the Viz. Because of it's reasonable price, it would have allowed a 3 "monitor" setup without breaking the bank for racing sims...
mo949 and SDsc0rch like this.
post #4873 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Becsuse 4k takes bandwidth. I hope you realize even at 25Mbps these are "bit starved" encodes and on the lower end of the 4k scale. The suggested bandwidth of 25Mbps is to ensure you have enough headroom for when streaming 15-18+Mbps movies and shows. Otherwise you'll be getting HD.

Sent from an system/360
that's my point how much headroom do you need. if the movie is 15Mbps do you really need 67% at 25Mbps more headroom?
post #4874 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
He's been wrong twice so far with this "insider information" so really I wouldn't put all that much stock in it.

I'm lost in the blue nowhere.
Not sure what I was wrong about, maybe the confusion over the screens vs who the ODM was....

The majority of the supply on the P50 went to the P502ui-B1E. The P502ui-B1 supply will be available mainly after the holidays and will hit the majority of the big box stores then. Not saying you have to believe me, but I'm 100% certain on this as I was tasked with helping to sell the P502ui-B1 after the supply becomes available. Things could have changed in the relatively short time since I left, but I highly doubt it
traumadisaster likes this.
post #4875 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6622 Post(s)
Liked: 6437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J Gould View Post
that's my point how much headroom do you need. if the movie is 15Mbps do you really need 67% at 25Mbps more headroom?

It's a recommendation as the "steady" often means spikes could reach or exceed that amount. If you don't reach the recommended speed they don't say what will happen, but I would expect degraded quality. Many people say they have 25Mbps connection but due to all of the variables between the user and Netflix you may not even get close to that number.

Sent from an system/360
post #4876 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzhimself View Post
How do I output audio from my TV to my AVR? I see HDMI port #1 is labeled as Audio out, I have an HDMI cable attached to my AVR from that output but there's no audio coming over to the AVR. Any ideas?

I have my AVR attached to HDMI 5 as input. I want to output audio from broadcast TV to the DVR. I could get an optical digital cable if necessary, but if I could just do with what I already have, that would be perfect.
Is ARC enabled?
post #4877 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisymbol View Post
Is ARC enabled?
I checked and enabled it. I don't get any audio output to the AVR though. When I turn the TV on the AVR comes on and is switched to TV, though I think that the AVR is looking for something in the Optical input, and the TV input is not linked to an HDMI port from what I can tell. Don't have an overly fancy unit (VSX-822K), so if I need to use Optical I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
post #4878 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
It's a recommendation as the "steady" often means spikes could reach or exceed that amount. If you don't reach the recommended speed they don't say what will happen, but I would expect degraded quality. Many people say they have 25Mbps connection but due to all of the variables between the user and Netflix you may not even get close to that number.

Sent from an system/360
thanks for the thoughts. unless my phone company upgrades looks like i'm eventually going to have to change. its a shame they have been good to me. good discounts every two years. i have 10Mbps and its pretty steady at 9-9.5Mbps. their 20mbps service is some kinda two wire bonded system which i'm not sure of. cable has 10, 15, 30Mbps maybe more. one town over a local company in that town is doing fiber for the whole town. so jealous lol
post #4879 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Well... I have an issue now guys.

Last night, I experienced that single line running across the TV as mentioned by some others on here earlier. As well as the top 1/5 of the screen updating late. This occurred right after I reset my Xbox One (all my video runs through my Xbox One). I tried a bunch of things, but turning the XBox One off then back on fixed it.

I got home from work and when I turned on my Xbox, the entire screen was messed up. Static, lines, color off, etc. I tried turning the Xbox on and off and the TV on and off and moving to HDMI 4, nothing. Eventually, rebooting the Xbox One did the trick.

Now, is this an issue with the TV or the Xbox? I believe I had heard some others in here having a similar issue. Then only thig that's changed recently is the TV, leading me to believe that's the issue.

If it is the TV, and its not something that's common... I'll have to get is replaced. The only question then is do I stick with the 55", or go bigger? (I couldn't go smaller at this point). I'm pretty sure any bigger would just be overkill though, and I am not sure about the lag times on the other TVs. And while the added viewing angle is nice, it won't matter for the next two years or so.

Also, with other people posting about their 55s with the exact same like leaking issues in the exact same areas, it makes me wonder if it is just common across the 55? Or if I could get lucky and have that fixed if its replaced.

Any suggestions? Does this seem like something bad enough to warrant a return?
post #4880 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone Else Getting Netflix 2160SD?

Wondering if that's what it should normally say , or should it say 2160HD ?
thanks . Calibrations wise Still trying to see which of the ones posted I like better on my P70

Looking at nextflix 4k content only the Smurfs2 and Blacklist are real 4k content and some of the Moving art content, everything else isn't. Which means that it was actually shot with 4k cameras. House of cards looks good but I doubt that was originally 4k. Connected to my PC it looks amazing , Video games at 4k 60p don't need antialiasing . Using GTX 970.
post #4881 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2844 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Is the 55" really to be avoided? That's my sweet spot one for max size and visual balance.

As I stated before I really enjoyed my 55" and thought that its blacks were very good in dark room viewing. I returned it and have 60" on order (for delivery on Monday) because Buzz replaced his 55" with a 60" and gushed about the performance of the 60". He thought that the 55" was a terrific TV for lighted room viewing, but its contrast was not up to his standards for dark room viewing (of course, his 55" had some light bleed along one edge, which by itself would have warranted a return IMO). After thinking about returning it and getting a 60" I almost didn't do it, since I was pretty satisfied with the 55", until I realized that with a 10% off Best Buy coupon code bought on eBay, I could get a 60" for a very small delta; with the $6 that I spent on the 10% off code it was $148.50 more than the full price that I spent on the 55" from Walmart. That was worth doing just for the larger screen.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #4882 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 29
quote -My question is, is it worth exchanging and hoping I'll get one without any problems or are these issues normal for this set and panel? I've been contemplating taking it back and getting a XBR55X850B or saving towards a XBR55X900B as I've had good experiences with Sony in the past though I'm worried the black levels might not be as satisfying on the 850B. I use the set mostly for PC, PS4 gaming and some blu-ray but don't really watch cable.[/QUOTE]

I have the x850b now and it had light bleed around one corner pretty bad, in frustration I rubbed the hell out of it and it did nothing at the time...the next day it was basically gone. Also a couple of other places I rubbed was better so it improved a lot. I understand the 50 inch sony is ips and the others are va (not sure), so I was not impressed with the blacks in a dark room in a dark scene like I thought I would be. I didn't know at the time I had an ips. You're contemplating the 55 which I think is va (not sure), so maybe you will be ok with the blacks.

I'm returning the sony for a VizP even though any scene, other than dark, is phenomenal in my experience coupled with the best "motion" I have experienced. I mostly 4k game and for the price and quality I think I will be ok with the Viz even though the I'm happy with the sony.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to order the walmart 50 since I can't get a best buy 50 and be done with it.
post #4883 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master9716 View Post
Wondering if that's what it should normally say , or should it say 2160HD ?
thanks . Calibrations wise Still trying to see which of the ones posted I like better on my P70

It's a bug in an undocumented piece of debugging code. Some developer made a change which incidentally "broke" it; perhaps one day another developer will spare a minute to fix it but Netflix will never assign a priority to fixing it, if a bug report gets filed for it at all (no phone CSR will ever admit to its existence, so no customer bug report will be filed).

IMO, "SD" and "HD" are redundant and should be removed; by definition anything resolution 720 and higher is HD and anything lower than 720 is SD and certainly any developer would know that. If I were a developer at Netflix I'd remove it and add back bit rate information, inasmuch as there are 5 resolutions which have multiple bit rates (two 388 res, two 480 res, two 720p res, two 1080 res and four 2160 res)

post #4884 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Fantastic side-by-side comparison - thanks.

Would people please, please stop quoting whole super-long posts to comment on them? Please???

post #4885 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Would people please, please stop quoting whole super-long posts to comment on them? Please???
How many words would qualify for a long post? Then you might want to put that in the first page of the thread. Oh wait, no one reads the first page of the thread, otherwise you wouldn't see someone asking for settings on every single page.
fafrd, videobruce and Ph8te like this.
post #4886 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by elrad59 View Post
Hello everyone, I just purchased a P552UI-B2 from Best Buy and the experience hasn't gone too well. The first one had a cracked screen out of the box with a bad spiderweb look. I took it back and exchanged it for another which I calibrated with buzz's settings and It looks great except when displaying a black background It has flash lighting around the bottom right corner and possibly the others though the other corners appear to change depending on the viewing angle. The bottom right also has what appears to be a bad light leak. While it doesn't affect viewing I believe it may be related, I rubbed gently along the sides to see it I noticed a changed and heard many pop and light snapping sounds as if either the frame or screen was not properly seated but did not observe any difference on the screen. The right speaker also has a very light static sound when the volume is near 25 or above that the left does not produce. I'll post some pictures of the screen problems later tonight.

My question is, is it worth exchanging and hoping I'll get one without any problems or are these issues normal for this set and panel? I've been contemplating taking it back and getting a XBR55X850B or saving towards a XBR55X900B as I've had good experiences with Sony in the past though I'm worried the black levels might not be as satisfying on the 850B. I use the set mostly for PC, PS4 gaming and some blu-ray but don't really watch cable.
The X850B will likely employ the same LGD IPS panel found in the P55 and the X900B will have a VA panel resulting in better contrast and better black level performance. Both should offer pretty good input lag numbers,better processing and (maybe) better QC,but is that worth the premium paid for either display?
And as someone has suggested already the P60 may be the way to go/
post #4887 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womac911 View Post
Supposedly there's a 50" AX800 as well, or maybe there was and it was discontinued... I haven't been able to find it. All I know is that Best Buy allowed me to bring my PC in, and test it. BAM! 4K/60hz right on boot, over the HDMI connection. They didn't have a Display Port cable in stock we could test with.
I had high hopes for the Viz. Because of it's reasonable price, it would have allowed a 3 "monitor" setup without breaking the bank for racing sims...
I believe the 50" was a UK only display size the TX-50AX802.
post #4888 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
No need to take things personally. It's not like he called the Vizio horrible for gaming. He just stated that between those 2, he'd go for the other panel given his measurements and experience with the motion blur related issues on both panels.

I'm not taking it personally, but I get the idea that he never actually played any videogames on either television, so I think that he should preface his recommendation with that fact in boldface type. I personally played a small variety of videogames on my P55 and never noticed the "subtle long motion blur trail" but what I did notice was very good contrast which added pop to the visuals of those videogames that the W850B probably can't equal. If that gamer listens to that recommendation he might miss out on what might well be a superior gaming experience.

The other weird thing is that he gave the the P60 a slightly higher number rating for gaming (8.7) than he gave the 60W850B (8.5) .

Of course, I haven't actually played games on the P60 yet so maybe I will notice a "subtle long motion blur trail" which'd negate the visual improvement of its high effective contrast, but I'm kind of doubting it.

post #4889 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
----Well... I have an issue now guys.

Last night, I experienced that single line running across the TV as mentioned by some others on here earlier. As well as the top 1/5 of the screen updating late. This occurred right after I reset my Xbox One (all my video runs through my Xbox One). I tried a bunch of things, but turning the XBox One off then back on fixed it.

I got home from work and when I turned on my Xbox, the entire screen was messed up. Static, lines, color off, etc. I tried turning the Xbox on and off and the TV on and off and moving to HDMI 4, nothing. Eventually, rebooting the Xbox One did the trick.

Now, is this an issue with the TV or the Xbox? I believe I had heard some others in here having a similar issue. Then only thig that's changed recently is the TV, leading me to believe that's the issue.

If it is the TV, and its not something that's common... I'll have to get is replaced. The only question then is do I stick with the 55", or go bigger? (I couldn't go smaller at this point). I'm pretty sure any bigger would just be overkill though, and I am not sure about the lag times on the other TVs. And while the added viewing angle is nice, it won't matter for the next two years or so.

Also, with other people posting about their 55s with the exact same like leaking issues in the exact same areas, it makes me wonder if it is just common across the 55? Or if I could get lucky and have that fixed if its replaced.

Any suggestions? Does this seem like something bad enough to warrant a return?-----

------------------

Update. I was playing Madden on HDMI 4 and there was crazy "artifacts"? I am not sure of the correct term. Basically, the TV wasn't updating/refreshing quickly as objects moved on screen. This seems like another poor development....
post #4890 of 18021 Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post
.. from history on the plasma side of this Forum, its been a big 'no-no' to transport big-screen sets, especially 70" size, on its sides; the stress on the corners is a major weakness .. even though plasma uses diff. panels. It should have been transported, standing up. Should have found another friend and/or vehicle to transport.
I did put the replacement P70 standing up in the truck this time. Unboxed it at home and it works just fine. I have loaded Z-Mad's settings and am basically satisfied; but not totally. Just needs some color tuning. I'm watching the Giants/Cardinals game now and the green grass doesn't seem just right. I'm also trying to figure out the issue between motion smoothing and the other settings that are affected by it.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page