I picked up the b1e from walmart today after so many good user reviews, and it will be going back first thing tomorrow. Mainly for the reason that there is a cluster of dead LED's behind the panel, but also because the overall image quality is far below that of my Panasonic S60, despite it being a 4k panel. After using it for about an hour, here are some issues I have noticed:
1. The panel has a poor quality AG coating that negates any sharpness advantages one would expect from a 4k panel.
2. The motion handing is terrible. Even with all picture smoothing effects turned off, and GLL on, it still stutters every few seconds. With smooth motion on, there are so many artifacts that it looks exactly like a Samsung does with HD content and picture smoothing on.
3. The overall panel uniformity is terrible. I have never seen worse DSE on an LCD before. You can clearly see where the LED's are placed behind the panel.
4. So far, the tv has automatically turned off GLL when switching between inputs twice. Making any change in the menu turns it back on. This is extremely annoying and would make using this tv as a gaming set a nightmare.
5. Despite using calibration tools, I can not get the set to stop clipping white. Many near white details are just lost in a sea of bright light.
6. The viewing angles are terrible. If you are not sitting directly in front of the screen, the colors and contrast fade quick. Speaking of which, the black level is fantastic, that is if the displayed image does not have any dynamic range to it. Letterbox bars however will be as black as black can get.
7. Any content played that is less than uncompressed 1080p will look terrible. Even, then a good blu-ray still looks better on my plasma.
Overall, I think for the price one would be much better off getting the Samsung 64F5300. You will get much better picture quality, and a much larger screen. Of course, you would need the correct viewing condition to get the benefit of plasma. I was really hoping the P50 would live up to the hype, but for the true video purist it wont do. For the average user, I think one could be happy for the price.