Problem finding remote control code for Proscan LCD TV (model: PLDED3273A-B) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem finding remote control code for Proscan LCD TV (model: PLDED3273A-B)

I am unable to program a remote to work with my parents 32" Proscan LCD TV (model: PLDED3273A-B).

I have tried manual programming with two different remotes (both provided by Charter, my cable provider):
  • UR3-SR3 using codes 144, 160, 161, 167 (and various others).
  • OCAP 4-Device using codes 11447, 10047, 11347, 12147, 12256.

I have also tried the Auto Search method with the same two remotes, cycling through the code library anywhere from 200-300 times. The remote was unable to find the correct code.

Mind you, I have successfully programmed both of the remotes listed for use with other TVs (e.g., Broksonic, Dynex, and Sony) -- so I know I am correctly following the instructions. The only TV that has been problematic is the Proscan.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. This is my 80+ year old parents TV and they are confused having to use the TV remote for Power and Volume, but the cable remote for changing channels.

1. Is there another code that is known to work with a 32" Proscan LCD TV (model: PLDED3273A-B)?
  2. Is there another remote that is known to work with a 32" Proscan LCD TV (model: PLDED3273A-B) and the Charter set-top box (Cisco Explorer 4640HDC, Rev 2.7)?

Any suggestions welcome - thanks!
Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Try this: Program setup code 10153, then tap Setup quickly followed by 00052 and see if that turns the TV on or off. If that works, I can tell you how to make other commands work.

If that doesn't work, try the same thing with setup code 10172 and advanced code 00234.

Alternately, if your parents have the original TV remote, buy any cheap learning remote from the drug store and learn the commands.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2186 Post(s)
Liked: 4090
Thread moved to proper section. Please take time to read instructions in the Sticky Threads in each section before wildly posting. It's appreciated.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-19-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Just an update. I purchased the Universal URC-SR3 remote and was able to use the learning function to get it to control their TV. Now they don't have to remember which remote (cable or TV) to use to change channel vs. changing volume.

Thought I would pass on the information in case it helps others. Thanks to all who responded.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-15-2016, 02:57 PM

Liked: 0
I had the same problem, but found a working code for Comcast remote

I tried every code I found in the forums, google search , comcast website.. nothing worked.
Called ProScan and they gave me three 4 digit codes, did not work either
I went into the next remote up from the one I have and they had different codes for ProScan... 13332 worked for me. I am able to change volume and turn the tv on and off. Do not see a way to access the tv menu itself though.. but at least the volume and on/off are working
post #6 of 7 Old 04-17-2018, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Try this: Program setup code 10153, then tap Setup quickly followed by 00052 and see if that turns the TV on or off. If that works, I can tell you how to make other commands work.

If that doesn't work, try the same thing with setup code 10172 and advanced code 00234.

Alternately, if your parents have the original TV remote, buy any cheap learning remote from the drug store and learn the commands.
I know this is a very old thread. But if some chance you are still around I have a question. I have a new Proscan PLDED4016A 40" HDTV. I have a Xfinity remote that I have tried dozens of codes from Xfinity and other sources online. Most codes don't work at all, but I have found a few that will turn the TV on and off only. You said you can tell you how to make other commands work. Can you give me that advice? Thanks.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-17-2018, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Need to know exactly which remote and what the partially working codes are. See here: https://www.urcsupport.com/comcast-xfinity

It's only possible to customize the URC1167 or 1067. So if you have one of the newer X or XR remotes, there's nothing that can be done. The good news is the 1167 is cheap on ebay or free from your cable company and will work your new box just fine, minus voice control, and will be able to send any custom commands you wish.

Last edited by mdavej; 04-17-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page