Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 223 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11319Likes

post #6661 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Vizio & Costco Just Dropped Prices on M65 & Others

I called Costco on my M65 which is within the 90 day window and getting the $200 reduction credit couldn't have been easier.

Don't lose sight of the Big Picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6662 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 3331 Post(s)
Liked: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylepdx View Post
I called Costco on my M65 which is within the 90 day window and getting the $200 reduction credit couldn't have been easier.
Did you buy online or in-warehouse? Did they issue you a credit over the phone?
post #6663 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I thought Costco's price match was 14 days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6664 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I've never wall mounted a TV before, but plan to with the M60 that I'm likely buying this weekend.

Any recommendations for wall-mounts? I'll need to tilt the TV downwards slightly, but don't think I need to have it swivel left/right (unless there is a reason I should get one that can do that).
post #6665 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeto View Post
I want to be clear (especially to those of you who I helped decide on a TV and you purchased an M-series) that I still stand behind what at said at the time of your purchase. I think the M-series is a good TV and at the time of your purchase could not be beat for the price. If you can't be satisfied with this TV you are very critical of your video and should only be considering LG, Sony or Samsung's top end models (LG OLED, Samsung JS9500 and Sony 930c). The only reason I am now recommending Samsung's 6-series, in most situations, versus the M is because they have lowered their price on some TVs to match the M-series. If the two TVs are the same or close in price I feel Samsung's 6-series is a better value.

Things change and in my own situation I am envious of M-series owners in that you can watch 4k content and I can't on my Pioneer and Panasonic plasmas.
Quote:
First of all -- if the room is not totally dark forget plasma. The glare is just too annoying. The best value for your situation would be the 4692 Samsung lcd. Go to a local brick and mortar and make sure you can live with the slight "motion blur". The xx92 series Samsungs also have good viewing angles. The 4692 is not the best tv (the 1080p 4695 is a better tv) but the 4692 is a better value. Hope this helps.

Yeto
Exactly how long have you been a samsung rep in best buys yeto?
post #6666 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Mine was an on-line purchase but if you bought yours in-store, I'd try calling the on-line # & give them your order #.

I simply asked if I had to return it and buy the one with the lower price and they said no they would just credit the difference to my Amex card.

Given Costco has a 90 day return policy it doesn't make sense for them to have you buy a new set and return the old one. Vizio is really the one paying out the $.

Contact # is: 800-955-2292

post #6667 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Mine was an on-line purchase but if you bought yours in-store, I'd try calling the on-line # & give them your order #.

I simply asked if I had to return it and buy the one with the lower price and they said no they would just credit the difference to my Amex card.

Given Costco has a 90 day return policy it doesn't make sense for them to have you buy a new set and return the old one. Vizio is really the one paying out the $.

post #6668 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I called customer service. Have to go to the warehouse because I purchased in warehouse. On my way. $400 is worth the trip!

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #6669 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoNYC View Post
I've never wall mounted a TV before, but plan to with the M60 that I'm likely buying this weekend.

Any recommendations for wall-mounts? I'll need to tilt the TV downwards slightly, but don't think I need to have it swivel left/right (unless there is a reason I should get one that can do that).
I mounted my M75 with this: Sanus SXDP6. Got it from Costco and it's 30$ off. You can see it on Costco's website. It was easy too do (mount). One tip: when mounting the TV to the mount, place the mount on the TV in the tilt position. This makes it easy to attach to the mount on the wall.
stikle likes this.
post #6670 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutty View Post
Have you adjusted your color settings at all? I saw noise like this when I had made adjustments to the red/green/blue settings and ended up resetting them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Wow, thats pretty grainy! Ive adujsted my r/g/b color tuner settings and have NO noise whatsoever, using pretty much those same settings, except as I say Ive adjusted my r/g/b brightness settings somewhat, and have noise reduction set to max.. Wonder why the variability of results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
If you sharpness is above 5 you are going to exaggerate the graininess, but still it is odd that there are certain setting combinations on this set that trigger noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Yes that is the posterization caused by adjusting the individual color settings. Remember that the individual color settings are tied to the color profile that you have selected. I assume that your Normal color profile doesn’t have individual color settings changes and your “Computer” color profile does. Please note that this is a defect in the Vizio M-series TVs that would require a firmware update in order to resolve it.

You can either go through all of the settings in the color calibration menu and manually return them to their default values or you can simply Automatically reset “ALL” of the settings to their default values. If you chose to manually return the settings make sure that you also check each and every one of the 11-point color settings.
Thanks guys, it looks like I had some of the R/G/B brightness settings adjusted under the Computer temperature that I didn't realize were there. Must have been from some of my playing around awhile ago and just didn't see it.

Problem now is that when switching between Computer and Normal, I can't decide which I like better now! Guess I'll just have to play with them back and forth for a bit.

Last edited by cmcclure16; 11-25-2015 at 12:48 PM.
post #6671 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
I mounted my M75 with this: Sanus SXDP6. Got it from Costco and it's 30$ off. You can see it on Costco's website. It was easy too do (mount). One tip: when mounting the TV to the mount, place the mount on the TV in the tilt position. This makes it easy to attach to the mount on the wall.
Thanks. I'll take a look at that.
post #6672 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:

This is the same one I bought. There is a slight downwards tilt when mounted, which I feel is just right for my sitting position.

And...why didn't you give the tilt position tip weeks ago? That might have made it way easier the THREE times I've had to re-mount my M75. It was a bitch to get hooked onto the rail. And no, I'm not going to take it off again just to try your tip. :P
jjthenovice likes this.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #6673 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Okay Well ran into a issue ordered the 49 inch, Came and was Smashed So will never know how that model was or is, So went in store and got the 50 inch

Few questions.

1- How can I manually update the tv from the internal software on it?
2- What is a good disk or way to calibrate this tv for the room I have it in?
3- Noticed on a few cartoons some of the hair which is suppose to be black is "brown" in color, How can I correct that?
4- Anyone using direct tv while changing the tv have you noticed a pop sound inbetween chans? I have now got the built in speakers shut down and am using my sound bar now.
post #6674 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoNYC View Post

I really like the Monoprice wall mount brackets. Nice sturdy bracket for a great price. Many styles to choose from too.
Ph8te likes this.
post #6675 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBase View Post
I really like the Monoprice wall mount brackets. Nice sturdy bracket for a great price. Many styles to choose from too.
Thanks
post #6676 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I just got an M70-C3 and I'm trying to send the audio from the TV's Netflix to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V477) using ARC over HDMI. It works, but every minute or so the audio drops out for a split second then comes back. I've tried both bitstream and PCM, no difference. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by soupcxan; 11-25-2015 at 01:18 PM.
post #6677 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupcxan View Post
I just got an M70-C3 and I'm trying to send the audio from the TV's Netflix to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V477) using ARC over HDMI. It works, but every minute or so the audio drops out for a split second then comes back. I've tried both bitstream and PCM, no difference. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Mine does the same thing over optical or HDMI arc.
post #6678 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
This is the same one I bought. There is a slight downwards tilt when mounted, which I feel is just right for my sitting position.

And...why didn't you give the tilt position tip weeks ago? That might have made it way easier the THREE times I've had to re-mount my M75. It was a bitch to get hooked onto the rail. And no, I'm not going to take it off again just to try your tip. :P
ROFLMAO: Everything you say is true. I only mounted mine the past Sunday. My son and I were having the same trouble you had. At one point we thought the thing was mounted and just as we were about to take our hands off, it slipped! My son finally figured out to place the bracket on the Tv to tilt and after that it was a piece of cake. My arms are killing me.
post #6679 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread

Costco price match success! They charge sales tax on the full price though. No tax credit in MN for the manufacturers $400 discount.

Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
post #6680 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Mine does the same thing over optical or HDMI arc.

So there is no fix? You just deal with it or buy a different receiver?
post #6681 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 1140
Quote:
My son finally figured out to place the bracket on the Tv to tilt and after that it was a piece of cake. My arms are killing me.

I know the feeling. It would have been nice if they had suggested that in the oh-so-helpful "documentation".

Quote:
Costco price match success!

I paid $3000, then it dropped by $400. I went into the store and they gave me $400 back. Then it dropped another $100. I went back and they gave me that too.

I heart Costco.

The Seth-o-Plex 2.0 Build Thread - featuring Dolby Atmos/DTS:X 9.4.4 & 4K Dolby Vision!
Vizio | Dual Denon Atmos AVRs | Oppo | SVS | Mirage | Onkyo | Monoprice
post #6682 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I have a Denon X4200W with my M70-C3 and using HDMI port 1 to send audio back to the receiver too. Everything works fine but the TV's audio is about half the level as other sources (cable, Blu ray, Xbox). That's not a big problem to me. I do have the Denon's "HDMI control" setting that allows the TV to control certain functions of the receiver turned off while the ARC setting is turned on. Maybe your Yamaha receiver has a similar HDMI control feature that can be turned off and that may help.

Vizio M70-C3 TV
Denon AVR-X4200W receiver
Onkyo M-282 amp
Polk, Sony, and Yamaha speakers
Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4 sub with Crown XLS 1002 amp
post #6683 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So there is no fix? You just deal with it or buy a different receiver?

It did it on my old AVR and my new one. All of my other external device work fine. Working w Vizio.

post #6684 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by devicer View Post
Try this - it worked for both of my M49-C1 units yesterday, after they had been stuck in update limbo (1.0.6) since purchase about two weeks ago:

* Unplug main power cable
* Press and HOLD power button on back of TV for at least ten seconds to discharge power supply capacitor (IMPORTANT!)
* Replace main power cable
* Power up TV
* Perform Service Check
* Power down TV
* Wait 15-20 minutes
* Power up TV and enjoy your new firmware.

I (like a number of forum members, I believe) had been performing the Service Check without the power discharge first, which is ineffective.

This correlation of discharge and update is consistent with the reports of people receiving updates upon first out-of-box power-on following the 1.3.15 roll out.

Good Luck.
Thanks again. Tried this multiple times and it didn't work. Think Vizio pushes these updates out whenever they feel like it.
post #6685 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by natrone06 View Post
Exactly how long have you been a samsung rep in best buys yeto?
He has also been lurking in the "LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!" with his whole, avoid Vizio cause the low end 6500 is better.
Heck one guy that owned both sets flat out call him on his BS statement regarding the contrast that he is so keen on perpetuating.

I'm beginning to understand now, why so many people in this thread have been hostel or touchy if you will, with regards to not only myself but others that mention Samsung here. A few bad apples it seems have made people very suspicious and left a bad taste of distrust others true intentions.
toonj64 and Mohadib Paul like this.

Last edited by Nvidia256; 11-25-2015 at 03:49 PM.
post #6686 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclure16 View Post
Thanks, I've sampled quite a bit of the free content and it looks great. I was just curious if even the older Hollywood movies were 4K too or just 1080p. One of my favorite movies is on there and I already own the blu-ray but would love to see it in 4K if it's not just upscaled 1080p.
Everything on there has been processed by 4k Studios into 4k. Obviously anything older wasn't shot in native 4k but I assure you it is much more than plain upscaling, certainly the best quality you will find anywhere including blu-ray.
toonj64 likes this.
post #6687 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Anyone cross shop the 65" Vizio M series against the Sony XBR65X850C > I am looking at both these panels but am leaning toward the Vizio for the FALD.
I have an older Sony with local dimming and its awesome.
This will be mostly for Cable TV, Netflix, and Sports. Maybe a blu ray here and there.
post #6688 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog2015 View Post
Anyone cross shop the 65" Vizio M series against the Sony XBR65X850C > I am looking at both these panels but am leaning toward the Vizio for the FALD.

I have an older Sony with local dimming and its awesome.

This will be mostly for Cable TV, Netflix, and Sports. Maybe a blu ray here and there.

The 850 is a nice set but it's notorious for edge bleed.

post #6689 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
The 850 is a nice set but it's notorious for edge bleed.
Only the 55" is edge lit.
post #6690 of 16418 Old 11-25-2015, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvidia256 View Post
He has also been lurking in the "LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!" with his whole, avoid Vizio cause the low end 6500 is better.
Heck one guy that owned both sets flat out call him on his BS statement regarding the contrast that he is so keen on perpetuating.

I'm beginning to understand now, why so many people in this thread have been hostel or touchy if you will, with regards to no only myself but others that mention Samsung here. A few bad apples have made people very suspicious and left a bad taste of others true intentions.
I personally will never buy another "Samsung" product ever again, I dealt with them for over three months when I owned the Js8500 48 SUHD tv, and it was a nightmare, I finally was able to get a full refund...
I also will not go out of my way to advice others to follow my suit, I tell them get the one you want to buy .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page