Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 234 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11319Likes

post #6991 of 16418 Old 11-28-2015, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
If the soundbar has the surround sound (Surnd) set to off it will disable the rear speakers. So make sure the SB has the Surround Sound set to on. Remember, the SB's remote needs line of sight to work because it's IR and not bluetooth.
Surrnd is set to ON on the SB but still no sound from the rear speakers.. I'm playing media from Netflix, Amazon, even flash drive that all have Dolby 5.1 enabled. Anyone else having this problem? It's so frustrating..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 16418 Old 11-28-2015, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6724 Post(s)
Liked: 6572
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw.og View Post
I'm wondering this as well, or if there is any way to view 4K content through the Amazon Prime app.

It's somewhat frustrating that I've had this TV for almost a full day now but have yet to view any 4K content. Is there a way to view the demo reel typically seen in-stores (without having to reset the TV settings and selecting demo usage)?

This was answered soon after asked. There is no need to wonder. As it has been said many many times YouTube will NOT play in 4K on The M series. This is due to the lack of the VP9 codec processing. Also, no they can't add it via firmware.

For Amazon, you probably didn't scroll down far enough to see the UHD content. The 2 sections are close to the bottom of the list.

Sent from nowhere
toonj64 likes this.
post #6993 of 16418 Old 11-28-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minwoo1983 View Post
Surrnd is set to ON on the SB but still no sound from the rear speakers.. I'm playing media from Netflix, Amazon, even flash drive that all have Dolby 5.1 enabled. Anyone else having this problem? It's so frustrating..

Have you thought of contacting Vizio to make sure everything is working properly? They can walk you through steps to ensure everything is working as it should.

Sent from nowhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6994 of 16418 Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 25
My M70-C3 is en route to me direct from Vizio so i am preparing the swap out from my current Samsung 60".

I normally just hook all video inputs directly to my receiver (Denon X4000) with a single HDMI output to the TV. Exception is a Chromecast which is plugged directly into my TV right now because I was too lazy to plug it into the reviewer when I got it a few weeks ago

I wanted to get some advice from you all to get an idea of best way to connect stuff as I read different HDMI ports on the TV matter for gaming va movies etc.

My devices are:

- Raspberry Pi 2 with Rasplex streaming 1080p and 720p movies and TV shows from a Plex server
-Xbox One (with Live TV add on and a Mohundro leaf antenna when I want to catch the periodic NFL game). Use it mostly for gaming (first person shooters) and my wife uses it for Netflix and Amazon prime video.
-Chromecast

I have no 4K sources yet but may get a FireTV box if I uncover that amazon video ha a good 4K video selection. Alternatively I'll pay more for Netflix to addon 4K content.

I've read that some HDMI ports are better for gaming whereas others are better for PC.

Not sure if my Rasperry Pi 2 is considered a PC in this context.

Am I ok routing all cables to my receiver with single cable out to TV like I do now? Or should I be pluging my xbox directly into one port and my receiver (with Rasperry pi 2 passing through it) on another HDMI port?

Thanks in advance!
post #6995 of 16418 Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw.og View Post
I'm wondering this as well, or if there is any way to view 4K content through the Amazon Prime app.

It's somewhat frustrating that I've had this TV for almost a full day now but have yet to view any 4K content. Is there a way to view the demo reel typically seen in-stores (without having to reset the TV settings and selecting demo usage)?
Netflix 4k flowers, forests, waterfalls will give you what you want.
toonj64 likes this.
post #6996 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 02:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo34 View Post
I have 1.2.23 but thought I read here someone else recently got 1.3.x so it sounds like there will be another one people will get.
My new M43 still has 1.0.6, but never updated even when left shut for a full day.
nate451 likes this.
post #6997 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've decided on the M65.

Looking for opinions if it's better to buy it from Best Buy or Vizio directly. Both have the TV for $1299 today.

Concerned about service/warranty work capabilities, return/replacement if necessary, etc.

I like the idea of BB delivery perk where they will take away the JVC 36" monster out of my finished basement!
post #6998 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Does anybody know if the M Series TVs support 4K @ 50hz? I know they do it at 60hz, but what about 50hz? Because that's all the R9 280x can output via its Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
post #6999 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quick Question, I use Directv, And last night was watching Bobs Burgers on Carton Network Standard*Adult Swim* It is a non Hd source it's the second one and the hair of them is suppose to be "Black" but it was a off grey, Is this Normal for a non hd source such as this? On the regular Hd source of CN it was pure black tho.
post #7000 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearest View Post
My new M43 still has 1.0.6, but never updated even when left shut for a full day.
I have had my TV for almost a month now and still no update. I have the M43. I am seriously thinking about taking it back today...
nate451 likes this.
post #7001 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I know it is different tv and know setting from M will probably not be the best for D model but maybe somebody will have D model here as well you never know. There is not much info about D model yet, so I'm just trying here.
You could be the founding member of an "Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD D Series Thread." Create that and I'm sure many new "D" Series owners will follow.
videoguy60467 and Oilcruzer like this.

I hope this is just a step on the path to Phone Spiders.
post #7002 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Panda_Chef View Post
I have had my TV for almost a month now and still no update. I have the M43. I am seriously thinking about taking it back today...
Are you having any unresolved issues that a firmware update would fix?

Last edited by oman321; 11-29-2015 at 08:47 AM.
post #7003 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_t1 View Post
My M70-C3 is en route to me direct from Vizio so i am preparing the swap out from my current Samsung 60".

I normally just hook all video inputs directly to my receiver (Denon X4000) with a single HDMI output to the TV. Exception is a Chromecast which is plugged directly into my TV right now because I was too lazy to plug it into the reviewer when I got it a few weeks ago

I wanted to get some advice from you all to get an idea of best way to connect stuff as I read different HDMI ports on the TV matter for gaming va movies etc.

My devices are:

- Raspberry Pi 2 with Rasplex streaming 1080p and 720p movies and TV shows from a Plex server
-Xbox One (with Live TV add on and a Mohundro leaf antenna when I want to catch the periodic NFL game). Use it mostly for gaming (first person shooters) and my wife uses it for Netflix and Amazon prime video.
-Chromecast

I have no 4K sources yet but may get a FireTV box if I uncover that amazon video ha a good 4K video selection. Alternatively I'll pay more for Netflix to addon 4K content.

I've read that some HDMI ports are better for gaming whereas others are better for PC.

Not sure if my Rasperry Pi 2 is considered a PC in this context.

Am I ok routing all cables to my receiver with single cable out to TV like I do now? Or should I be pluging my xbox directly into one port and my receiver (with Rasperry pi 2 passing through it) on another HDMI port?

Thanks in advance!
If you have Amazon prime you want to use the built app to be able to get 4K content. You wouldn't need to buy the fire tv, same with Netflix. You also have the option of downloading and using the plex app they the tv. HDMI 1 has ARC to get sound back to receiver.

Maybe someone else can chime in about the ARC abilities. Not quite sure if you can get True HD and Master Audio.
post #7004 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohadib Paul View Post
You could be the founding member of an "Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD D Series Thread." Create that and I'm sure many new "D" Series owners will follow.
I thought the D was just 1080p?

The 5.0 is here
post #7005 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post
Are you having any unresolved issues that a firmware update would fix?
From what I hear this firmware update helps a lot with PQ...Plus it is crazy that I have to wait a month. I agree with what someone had said several pages ago...Maybe Vizio will start figuring out that they need to fix their update method if we start returning them as "broken." My analogy is simple; I work at a restaurant. If I can't afford another stove to cook pasta on, the guest doesn't care, they still want their food in 12-15 minutes. Likewise if Vizio has terrible servers, I don't care, I want my update in a reasonable amount of time. If it had taken a week or two I probably wouldn't have worried about it. But I am at a month now...
nate451 likes this.
post #7006 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonathanZ View Post
Does anybody know if the M Series TVs support 4K @ 50hz? I know they do it at 60hz, but what about 50hz? Because that's all the R9 280x can output via its Mini DisplayPort 1.2.
Not that I can see natively but maybe a custom resolution.

60Hz
59Hz
30Hz
29Hz
24Hz
23Hz

The 5.0 is here
post #7007 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hits View Post
I've decided on the M65.

Looking for opinions if it's better to buy it from Best Buy or Vizio directly. Both have the TV for $1299 today.

Concerned about service/warranty work capabilities, return/replacement if necessary, etc.

I like the idea of BB delivery perk where they will take away the JVC 36" monster out of my finished basement!
I personally buy local vs website. Not dealing with a random individual over the phone vs face to face interaction. Especially for a TV and this size. What if something is wrong with it. If you get it delivered or pick it up you have the convenience to return it for the same thing or something else.

The 5.0 is here
post #7008 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
From what I hear this firmware update helps a lot with PQ...Plus it is crazy that I have to wait a month. I agree with what someone had said several pages ago...Maybe Vizio will start figuring out that they need to fix their update method if we start returning them as "broken." My analogy is simple; I work at a restaurant. If I can't afford another stove to cook pasta on, the guest doesn't care, they still want their food in 12-15 minutes. Likewise if Vizio has terrible servers, I don't care, I want my update in a reasonable amount of time. If it had taken a week or two I probably wouldn't have worried about it. But I am at a month now...
Firmware doesn't really change pq. It fixes some of the motion bugs but the set is completely usable/watchable with the first firmware.
post #7009 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrone06 View Post
Firmware doesn't really change pq. It fixes some of the motion bugs but the set is completely usable/watchable with the first firmware.
The motion bugs IMHO are a big deal. That is what I really want fixed lol. I didn't mean to sound angry or talk trash about the set itself. Cause I do really like the TV. I just think that they should really look into fixing this problem and I think the only way that we have a voice to bigger companies like this is to hit them where it hurts; in the money. Although when I think about it, if I return the set to Best Buy they have already purchased the set from Vizio so probably Vizio doesn't care lol.
post #7010 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post
If you have Amazon prime you want to use the built app to be able to get 4K content. You wouldn't need to buy the fire tv, same with Netflix. You also have the option of downloading and using the plex app they the tv. HDMI 1 has ARC to get sound back to receiver.

Maybe someone else can chime in about the ARC abilities. Not quite sure if you can get True HD and Master Audio.

You are not able to hear lossless audio via ARC. You are limited to DD and DTS in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I thought the D was just 1080p?

The new D series is 4K, last years was 1080p.

Sent from nowhere
post #7011 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
You are not able to hear lossless audio via ARC. You are limited to DD and DTS in most cases.

The new D series is 4K, last years was 1080p.

Sent from nowhere
Oh I was confused.

The 5.0 is here
post #7012 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere
So if I am watching on my Roku 4 should I hook up via the optical and not through ARC to get surround for Netflix and Amazon?
post #7013 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, I bought the M60-C3 and I find that I see pixels and doesnt find the HD nice defined. UHD on netflix looks very good but Bell Fibe TV and youtube HD doesn't look that good. Is that normal?
post #7014 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
So if I am watching on my Roku 4 should I hook up via the optical and not through ARC to get surround for Netflix and Amazon?

Roku doesn't support lossless audio, so it shouldn't matter. Usually people connect through and AVR when using external devices as TVs and ARC can be spotty at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi View Post
Hey guys, I bought the M60-C3 and I find that I see pixels and doesnt find the HD nice defined. UHD on netflix looks very good but Bell Fibe TV and youtube HD doesn't look that good. Is that normal?

Cable TV will always be a crapshoot regarding quality. You'll find good channels and horrible ones. The same with YouTube streaming, not all videos are good. What you are seeing could be due to a number of factors including the previous size of TV you had, the distance you are viewing the TV from, the source of the video you are watching, etc etc etc.

Sent from nowhere
mboojigga likes this.
post #7015 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi View Post
Not for everyone. Read the thread or any thread of any tv and your going to get different results. Very few have found YouTube to look very good from the native app. Even going as far as assuming the video was in 4k. But YouTube has a a lot of crappy videos in low resolution recordings. Same can be said for Cable service. They all are not created equal or provide equal quality. We don't know what speed package or ISP service you have that can also factor in the quality of streaming from any of the apps. Too many factors when it comes to hearing about having a bad picture especially for cable.

The 5.0 is here
post #7016 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 10:59 AM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Not that I can see natively but maybe a custom resolution.

60Hz
59Hz
30Hz
29Hz
24Hz
23Hz
That's odd that yours doesn't. The M70 shows both 50Hz and 25Hz in the standard resolutions. When I play 25Hz content, like most British shows, the TV switches to that. Maybe that is one of the differences between the Sharp panels and the AUOs.

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | Denon AVR-X3500H | ELAC Uni-Fi x7 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030 x2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
post #7017 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1857 Post(s)
Liked: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyrue View Post
Quick Question, I use Directv, And last night was watching Bobs Burgers on Carton Network Standard*Adult Swim* It is a non Hd source it's the second one and the hair of them is suppose to be "Black" but it was a off grey, Is this Normal for a non hd source such as this? On the regular Hd source of CN it was pure black tho.
Shame on you for watching a non "HD" source. In the future, for any non "HD" content, split the signal and run it to an old black & white or color "tube" TV for the best clarity. Just kidding....

I never watch any non HD source unless it's on a small tablet or my iPad. I do not know if you can make any conclusions on an inferior, non "HD" source signal. I thought the Cartoon Network HD was in HD? Not available as a choice for you?

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #7018 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Shame on you for watching a non "HD" source. In the future, for any non "HD" content, split the signal and run it to an old black & white or color "tube" TV for the best clarity. Just kidding....

I never watch any non HD source unless it's on a small tablet or my iPad. I do not know if you can make any conclusions on an inferior, non "HD" source signal. I thought the Cartoon Network HD was in HD? Not available as a choice for you?
Haha My bad , Um I get two versions of it, One is East and One is West, Forget which is which, But one is hd while the other is not.. I just happen to catch Bobs Burgers on the non hd CN last night and noticed their hair was a off grey color, Well checked onld recordings of the episodes I had of the hd and their has was pitch black, Was just curious to know if some non hd sources tho had weak blacks? I also noticed on chiller it does it some as well..
post #7019 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 11:10 AM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyrue View Post
Haha My bad , Um I get two versions of it, One is East and One is West, Forget which is which, But one is hd while the other is not.. I just happen to catch Bobs Burgers on the non hd CN last night and noticed their hair was a off grey color, Well checked onld recordings of the episodes I had of the hd and their has was pitch black, Was just curious to know if some non hd sources tho had weak blacks? I also noticed on chiller it does it some as well..
SD content is broadcast in a different standard than HD (Rec. 601 vs. Rec. 709). That's probably why.

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | Denon AVR-X3500H | ELAC Uni-Fi x7 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3030 x2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
post #7020 of 16418 Old 11-29-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
That's odd that yours doesn't. The M70 shows both 50Hz and 25Hz in the standard resolutions. When I play 25Hz content, like most British shows, the TV switches to that. Maybe that is one of the differences between the Sharp panels and the AUOs.
I would assume it has more to do with the graphics card vs the panels. Some can't see [email protected] native for resolution and have to create a custom resolution.

Actually what input are you using for your PC? Mine is on HDMI 5 which might be why I don't see the Hz.

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; 11-29-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page