Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 239 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11319Likes

post #7141 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohadib Paul View Post
Something weird like that happened to me when exiting Youtube. Perhaps the new firmware has an app bug?
Experiencing this with the latest firmware on the P65.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7142 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveighteen View Post
Well, looks like I'm part of the club. Got a M60 last Tuesday from Walmart during the $800 deal, and I'm getting random input and volume scrolls. I was wondering if it was software related and found the following "tip" to force an update:

Started looking like a physical issue when I went to hold down the power button for 30 seconds and realized none of my buttons "click" when pressed. It was more like just running my finger over it and the input was registered. I also can't turn the TV on/off using the power button. So I guess I'll try to get it back to Walmart for an exchange this week... it's a pain when I have a car and had to get a buddy to pick it up in the first place.
Odd question - but what is the temperature like in the area where you have your TV, particularly where the buttons are? I was having the button problem the other day, but then realized it was only happening when the TV had been off for a while and would only happen for a few minutes before everything would be fine. It made me wonder if the TV warming itself up and the plastic expanding even the tiniest bit from the heat had something to do with it. That side of the TV was right next to a window and, being winter, while it is warm in the house it was fairly cold in that particular spot.

I rearranged the living room to accommodate the Christmas tree this weekend, which included moving the TV to an interior wall, and so far no auto-button pressing is happening and I can actually use that control panel on the back without issue... I'm not completely convinced the problem is gone, but so far so good.
post #7143 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonj64 View Post
Just reset the Color Tuner entirely so it all shows 0. Leave the rest as it is at first but you really should have both Contrast and Brightness at 50

And by the way, you are mistaken in thinking the characters hair (Bobs burgers) are video black. They are actually very dark gray and should look brighter/lighter than full black.
I tried multiple times with various settings and came to the conclussion I disliked them all, Either blacks were to grey, Colors were washed out looking to me, Or they had pixels from bad calibrations.. I decided to go dark in my screen, And I'm personally happy now.

I got the firmware update earlier and think it changed my Active leds some as well, not sure but it seems like it to me, Could be driving myself insane I suppose lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7144 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyrue View Post
I tried multiple times with various settings and came to the conclussion I disliked them all, Either blacks were to grey, Colors were washed out looking to me, Or they had pixels from bad calibrations.. I decided to go dark in my screen, And I'm personally happy now.

I got the firmware update earlier and think it changed my Active leds some as well, not sure but it seems like it to me, Could be driving myself insane I suppose lol.
Everyone has different taste. As long as you are happy with the picture, who cares! Enjoy the TV!
Ph8te likes this.
post #7145 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasyn View Post
Everyone has different taste. As long as you are happy with the picture, who cares! Enjoy the TV!
Well does not help I'm coming from a old Samsung Plasma, So I'm trying to mimic the best I can with certain aspects..

Now I'm trying to find notes on the latest firmware, Seems Vizio does not give that out?! >_>
post #7146 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 6746 Post(s)
Liked: 6599
Quote:
Well does not help I'm coming from a old Samsung Plasma, So I'm trying to mimic the best I can with certain aspects..

Now I'm trying to find notes on the latest firmware, Seems Vizio does not give that out?! >_>

Vizio does not post the firmware notes. Sometimes you can get them from CSRs, but like with most companies they are useless.

Sent from nowhere
toonj64 likes this.
post #7147 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Vizio does not post the firmware notes. Sometimes you can get them from CSRs, but like with most companies they are useless.

Sent from nowhere
Ah that sucks, I noticed they did take out motion blue on this firmware.
post #7148 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Ah that sucks, I noticed they did take out motion blue on this firmware.

Only for those sets that are below 60" aka 60hz screens. The ones that are 120hz (60 and above still have it).

Sent from nowhere
thomasfxlt and toonj64 like this.
post #7149 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Why are you trying to dial in the blacks using a non hd cable source?
toonj64 likes this.
post #7150 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrone06 View Post
Why are you trying to dial in the blacks using a non hd cable source?
It was a hd source, I blocked all non hd sources earlier, Just idk the settings posted were not made for a person like me, I have always prefered dark cooler colors on all my tv's, So I went back to the drawing board earlier and re-toned down a lot of the settings to fit to my liking.
post #7151 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:50 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:
It was a hd source, I blocked all non hd sources earlier, Just idk the settings posted were not made for a person like me, I have always prefered dark cooler colors on all my tv's, So I went back to the drawing board earlier and re-toned down a lot of the settings to fit to my liking.
Are you worried about crushed blacks and a less contrast when you watch high quality material like blu-rays and such?
post #7152 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrone06 View Post
Are you worried about crushed blacks and a less contrast when you watch high quality material like blu-rays and such?
Not really, Only blurays I do watch are the WalkingDead, Just confused now wondering why Bobs Burgers hair is off grey, Yet other similar shows like american dad, family guy and such keep their black hair... It's baffling to me.
post #7153 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
Odd question - but what is the temperature like in the area where you have your TV, particularly where the buttons are? I was having the button problem the other day, but then realized it was only happening when the TV had been off for a while and would only happen for a few minutes before everything would be fine. It made me wonder if the TV warming itself up and the plastic expanding even the tiniest bit from the heat had something to do with it. That side of the TV was right next to a window and, being winter, while it is warm in the house it was fairly cold in that particular spot.

I rearranged the living room to accommodate the Christmas tree this weekend, which included moving the TV to an interior wall, and so far no auto-button pressing is happening and I can actually use that control panel on the back without issue... I'm not completely convinced the problem is gone, but so far so good.
Interesting theory. It was happening randomly yesterday, even hours after the TV had been on. I have had the TV on today for about 3 hours now and it hasn't done it even once, and all of the buttons are actually working in the back at the moment (even the Power button, which wasn't working at all yesterday). I do have the TV about 4 ft from a door, and it's been 20-40 degrees outside. That being said, I don't trust it won't happen again randomly. The buttons still don't even need to be "pressed." I just touch my finger against them and the input is registered. Is it supposed to be that sensitive?

I already contacted Walmart (prior to reading your comment and trying the buttons out again), who apparently doesn't have a single M60-C3 TV in stock in the state of Michigan, and "can't" send one from another location to my nearest Walmart for an exchange. So I accepted their $15 eGift card for the inconvenience and contacted Vizio support chat. I politely declined their offer to have someone come "repair" the TV and asked for a replacement since I bought it 6 days ago and expected a brand new working TV for the amount of money I paid. They complied and, after uploading proof of purchase, said someone will contact me in 5-7 days to deliver a new TV and take the old one.

I'll see if the buttons on the new one are as sensitive as this one. Hopefully a few people can share if they are or not on their fully functional TVs so I know what to expect. :P
toonj64 likes this.
post #7154 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockman20 View Post
4k movies will only play if in mp4/H265.

I downloaded Handbrake and converted all my 4k H264 videos to H265. It takes a while (you can let it run overnight in a batch) but they all play great and look great now.
Second that. Use Handbrake with HVEC H.265 for 4K videos. I could not get 4K videos to play with frame rates greater than 30 fps. Also, I had one sample file with 5.1 sound but it still only plays in Dolby Prologic. I am not sure the USB port support 5.1 Dolby Digital. Besides that I had movie files with mp4, m4v and mkv extensions work. Lastly, I only could get a few USB drives to be recognized by TV.
Here is a link to a lot of 4K demo movies for downloading demo-uhd3d.com
post #7155 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveighteen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post

Interesting theory. It was happening randomly yesterday, even hours after the TV had been on. I have had the TV on today for about 3 hours now and it hasn't done it even once, and all of the buttons are actually working in the back at the moment (even the Power button, which wasn't working at all yesterday). I do have the TV about 4 ft from a door, and it's been 20-40 degrees outside. That being said, I don't trust it won't happen again randomly. The buttons still don't even need to be "pressed." I just touch my finger against them and the input is registered. Is it supposed to be that sensitive?

I already contacted Walmart (prior to reading your comment and trying the buttons out again), who apparently doesn't have a single M60-C3 TV in stock in the state of Michigan, and "can't" send one from another location to my nearest Walmart for an exchange. So I accepted their $15 eGift card for the inconvenience and contacted Vizio support chat. I politely declined their offer to have someone come "repair" the TV and asked for a replacement since I bought it 6 days ago and expected a brand new working TV for the amount of money I paid. They complied and, after uploading proof of purchase, said someone will contact me in 5-7 days to deliver a new TV and take the old one.

I'll see if the buttons on the new one are as sensitive as this one. Hopefully a few people can share if they are or not on their fully functional TVs so I know what to expect. :P
I have the same unit and the rear buttons have a definite click when pressed.
toonj64 and fiveighteen like this.
post #7156 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Not really, Only blurays I do watch are the WalkingDead, Just confused now wondering why Bobs Burgers hair is off grey, Yet other similar shows like american dad, family guy and such keep their black hair... It's baffling to me.

Not every show is graded or mastered in the same way. This is why you shouldn't adjust settings based on one show as you don't know if what they are displaying is correct or if the source you ware watching is displaying it in the correct way. You may also see variation within a season or episode to episode (especially the case with "low budget" cartoons.

Sent from nowhere
toonj64 likes this.
post #7157 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Add me to the list of having an issue when exiting Netflix app. Went in to check something and when I exited nothing but a black screen. I could tell the tv was still on, but it wouldn't do anything until I pulled the plug. Not good. It never did this before 1.3.15, I believe this is the first time I went into Netflix since I received my update.
thomasfxlt and toonj64 like this.
post #7158 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Not every show is graded or mastered in the same way. This is why you shouldn't adjust settings based on one show as you don't know if what they are displaying is correct or if the source you ware watching is displaying it in the correct way. You may also see variation within a season or episode to episode (especially the case with "low budget" cartoons.

Sent from nowhere
well I was watching walking dead earlier with my custom settings and loved how it looked, went back to the one posted here to see how it would look on Monday night raw and was back to hating the image, So back to my custom setting and it looks more realistic to me now, Has more pop to both those show's, with better blacks, And better imagery to it..
post #7159 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:25 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestman View Post
Would these setting work for the M60-C3?
Yes they should. Each set is different slightly color calibration wise. But the other settings should be a great starting point
toonj64 likes this.
post #7160 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
well I was watching walking dead earlier with my custom settings and loved how it looked, went back to the one posted here to see how it would look on Monday night raw and was back to hating the image, So back to my custom setting and it looks more realistic to me now, Has more pop to both those show's, with better blacks, And better imagery to it..

If you are happy with them, then that's all that matters just don't keep adjusting settings based on how 1 show looks on a particular channel

Sent from nowhere
toonj64 likes this.
post #7161 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
If you are happy with them, then that's all that matters just don't keep adjusting settings based on how 1 show looks on a particular channel

Sent from nowhere
I did check out the Clevland show a few mins ago and did notice yep his hair is natural black, So it is just Bobs Burgers oddly lol.. But I am happy with this setting for the chans I watch, I typically just watch AMC/USA/History/CN/Animal Planet/ION/SYFY/ And that is about it, From what I have seen my settings work great for all of them . Do have to recalibrate for my video games some tho since Bloodborne in dark areas is now pitch black, Like playing a horror game now lol
post #7162 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Does anyone use the CNET settings? They're by Mr. Katz so they have to be good, right?
post #7163 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANtheTIGER View Post
Does anyone use the CNET settings? They're by Mr. Katz so they have to be good, right?
I have, they are decent, I do suggest do not use the 11 point balance tho.
post #7164 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Did you try a different gamma setting?
post #7165 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 PM

Backlight:35
Brightness:34
Contrast:34
Color:54
Tint:0
Sharpness:60
More options:
Color Temp: Computer
Black Detail:Low
Active Leds:On
Reduce Judder:5
Reduce Motion Blur:Max
Clear Action:Off
Reduce noise:High/Medium
Gamma:2.4

Color Tuner:
Red:15/13/-2/-1/-21
Green:0/-24/-20/0/-1
Blue:0/30/-15/0/7
Cyan:-2/-24/-8
Magenta:-5/0/0
Yellow:-2/-8/0

^^ Are my current settings, Not telling others to use, Can try.. But this is what I found works for me for what I watch.

Last edited by Mannyrue; 11-30-2015 at 08:03 PM.
post #7166 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have, they are decent, I do suggest do not use the 11 point balance tho.
What about these from lcdtvbuyingguide?

I'm just trying to find some settings that everyone uses and it's tough to find anything definitive in this thread.
post #7167 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:

I'm just trying to find some settings that everyone uses and it's tough to find anything definitive in this thread.
Have seen them posted, Never tried them tho.. This tv is hard to calibrate since everyone is different, Such as me, I prefer a dark/cooler color to my tv's, while some want more realistic, and others want more vivid and bright.
post #7168 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Have seen them posted, Never tried them tho.. This tv is hard to calibrate since everyone is different, Such as me, I prefer a dark/cooler color to my tv's, while some want more realistic, and others want more vivid and bright.
I'm similar to you and hope to calibrate my 8500 that way. Since this is for my father-in-law, though, I know he prefers vivid and bright and that's what I'm in search of.
post #7169 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Backlight:35
Brightness:34
Contrast:34
Color:54
Tint:0
Sharpness:60
More options:
Color Temp: Computer
Black Detail:Low
Active Leds:On
Reduce Judder:5
Reduce Motion Blur:Max
Clear Action:Off
Reduce noise:High/Medium
Gamma:2.4

Color Tuner:
Red:15/13/-2/-1/-21
Green:0/-24/-20/0/-1
Blue:0/30/-15/0/7
Cyan:-2/-24/-8
Magenta:-5/0/0
Yellow:-2/-8/0

My own settings, Mixed with others a tad. I find this works for what I want it for
post #7170 of 16418 Old 11-30-2015, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does anyone know if bhphotovideo is an authorized dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page