Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 391 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11319Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11701 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mavinwow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,246
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHigh View Post
The Super Bowl looks awful to me on my M70. So does most BluRay content I've tried. I've used CNET's and other's recommendations. But in the end, the bright whites and off whites are way overblown, bleeding all over the place. White faces in light look ghastly, and areas in shadows are too dark to make anything out. It looks good, not great, in medium lit scenes, but otherwise, it's out of control. Any suggestions? I am using:

Backlight: 39
Brightness/Contrast/Color 50
Sharpness 20
Tint 0
Normal
ALEZ On
Everything else off

Gamma 2.1

That ad with the white people in the white bathroom was all but unwatchable.
Super Bowl on my 70 P is gorgeous. Half time was the best looking thing Ive ever seen on broadcast TV.

No idea if P settings translate, but I spent a lot of time on mine, which you can see in my sig.
VBB, mpgxsvcd and thomasfxlt like this.

Vizio PQ 65
Vizio '14 70 P Series, Calibration settings
Samsung 55ES8000
CalMAN 5 Novice Walkthrough
Denon X4200, 5.1.4 setup. Monolith 12 Sub
Mavinwow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11702 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6118
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHigh View Post
The Super Bowl looks awful to me on my M70. So does most BluRay content I've tried. I've used CNET's and other's recommendations. But in the end, the bright whites and off whites are way overblown, bleeding all over the place. White faces in light look ghastly, and areas in shadows are too dark to make anything out. It looks good, not great, in medium lit scenes, but otherwise, it's out of control. Any suggestions? I am using:

Backlight: 39
Brightness/Contrast/Color 50
Sharpness 20
Tint 0
Normal
ALEZ On
Everything else off

Gamma 2.1

That ad with the white people in the white bathroom was all but unwatchable.
If you're using the "Calibrated" or "Calibrated Dark" picture control and Blurays look bad, there is something wrong. Make sure your source devices are set to YCbCr or RGB low/limited.

Honestly, the only thing that would cause something like what you describe is an excessive use of contrast. Have you tried the power button reset?
VBB, mpgxsvcd and Ph8te like this.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #11703 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Eluder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I think you just gave us the biggest clue to the issues you are having. There is nothing you can really do about low quality sources. If you "calibrate"/calibrate using a HQ sources and verify things look good then you'll know when you see a bad source, it's the source. A lot of people are jumping up in size or coming from a different type of TV and sometimes either the bigger TV displays the bigger picture of the bad source thus, showing the deficiencies more.


Sent from nowhere

Part of it comes from seeing my cousin's JS8500 in action on the same content (same cable provider) and the black detail is definitely there. Super Bowl looks great on his set. May have to see if I can find a repeat feed or stream to see what it looks like on my set for comparison sake.
Eluder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11704 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thomasfxlt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3292 Post(s)
Liked: 6118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavinwow View Post
Super Bowl on my 70 P is gorgeous. Half time was the best looking thing Ive ever seen on broadcast TV.

No idea if P settings translate, but I spent a lot of time on mine, which you can see in my sig.
I thought the same thing about the half time show. I wish I'd recorded it.

SONY Z9F LCD Master Series Owners Thread
Vizio 2016 P series FAQ, general info and Help
Sony Z9F 75, Vizio P75C1 UHD/HDR/DV, Pioneer Elite SC-95, Samsung UHD Bluray K8500, AppleTV 4K, CC Ultra
thomasfxlt is offline  
post #11705 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
videoguy60467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Elgin, IL
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHigh View Post
The Super Bowl looks awful to me on my M70. So does most BluRay content I've tried. I've used CNET's and other's recommendations. But in the end, the bright whites and off whites are way overblown, bleeding all over the place. White faces in light look ghastly, and areas in shadows are too dark to make anything out. It looks good, not great, in medium lit scenes, but otherwise, it's out of control. Any suggestions? I am using:

Backlight: 39
Brightness/Contrast/Color 50
Sharpness 20
Tint 0
Normal
ALEZ On
Everything else off

Gamma 2.1

That ad with the white people in the white bathroom was all but unwatchable.
Something is definitely not right...
First zero out all color tuner settings. (If you used CNETS, and left any in there that could be the issue, those settings created many issues on my 55")

If the problem persists, do a full factory reset. If it's still a problem, exchange the set.
VBB, mpgxsvcd, Ph8te and 1 others like this.
videoguy60467 is offline  
post #11706 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,919
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6281 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Part of it comes from seeing my cousin's JS8500 in action on the same content (same cable provider) and the black detail is definitely there. Super Bowl looks great on his set. May have to see if I can find a repeat feed or stream to see what it looks like on my set for comparison sake.

JS8500 are nice sets. Of course they also do cost more something sounds off for sure as you shouldnt be having these issues.


Sent from nowhere
Ph8te is online now  
post #11707 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 9
@tjb1013 : I'll give that a shot. I've done about all I can with the backlight.
UltraHigh is offline  
post #11708 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thanks, Videoguy. How do I do a full factory reset?
UltraHigh is offline  
post #11709 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 9
BTW, I am updated.
UltraHigh is offline  
post #11710 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
If you're using the "Calibrated" or "Calibrated Dark" picture control and Blurays look bad, there is something wrong. Make sure your source devices are set to YCbCr or RGB low/limited.

Honestly, the only thing that would cause something like what you describe is an excessive use of contrast. Have you tried the power button reset?
My source is an antenna. I am watching CBS at 1080i over the air. It seems "Calibrated" and "Calibrated Dark" are nothing more than Vizio presets. The way to save settings on the M Series is seriously messed up. Can you tell me more about the power button reset?
rjhseven likes this.
UltraHigh is offline  
post #11711 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHigh View Post
I'm using an antenna and getting this OTA from CBS on 1080i. Hard too believe my nine year old full HD LED DLP has a better picture, but it does. (It needs a new chip.)
I use an OTA antenna as well and it was awesome on my M75.
I'm using @thomasfxlt 's recently posted settings and made that my Movie/lights out settings. I created a day setting by changing:
Active LED Zones;Off
Gamma;2.2
Backlight;80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
I thought the same thing about the half time show. I wish I'd recorded it.
I agree... but I definitely was not entertained by it. Bruno Mars was the highlight....lol

Thank you for your settings!
VBB and thomasfxlt like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #11712 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
tubers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Really noob question.

Are these TVs 100% sRGB (M series)?
tubers is offline  
post #11713 of 16407 Old 02-07-2016, 10:55 PM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,245
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubers View Post
Really noob question.

Are these TVs 100% sRGB (M series)?
Not a noob question, really, but one that not a lot of people would ask. The answer is yes, because the M is pretty much 100% REC.709. sRGB and REC.709 are very similar, except for a slightly different transfer function (gamma).
mpgxsvcd and tubers like this.

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | VIZIO M70-C3 | Denon AVR-X3500H | Elac Uni-Fi | Elac Debut 2.0 SUB3030
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
VBB is offline  
post #11714 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 02:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thebard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Picked up the M43 today, working on setting up my universal remote. Hoping someone on here can point me to some discrete hex codes for power on/off... or at least check their database to see if they even exist.

The ones posted at RCentral for the E-series don't work.
thebard is offline  
post #11715 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 03:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shoman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5048 Post(s)
Liked: 3574
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
Yes. I have a picture control setup with Clear Motion "off", backlight 32, gamma 2.2. That's about all that needs to change.

I do like to turn color down on soft cable sources. I really like how the calibration looks on Bluray, Netflix and Vudu though so I may play with the red cal setting a touch to see if I can find a compromise where I don't have to desaturate as much in the daytime picture mode for cable. Maybe I'll end up with a "cable" picture mode and a "daytime movie" mode.

The good part about all of this is not a single other person in the house cares other than me!
Lol I didn't see your reply until now. Thanks. So far I love the adjustments. I plan to watch The Dark Knight this weekend to really test it out and fine tune any preferences of need be. Thanks again

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
shoman94 is offline  
post #11716 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 03:59 AM
Senior Member
 
tubers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
Not a noob question, really, but one that not a lot of people would ask. The answer is yes, because the M is pretty much 100% REC.709. sRGB and REC.709 are very similar, except for a slightly different transfer function (gamma).
Thanks.

@thread :
Anyway, is this likely to be compatible with HDR?
tubers is offline  
post #11717 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 04:03 AM
Member
 
tmuka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebard View Post
Picked up the M43 today, working on setting up my universal remote. Hoping someone on here can point me to some discrete hex codes for power on/off... or at least check their database to see if they even exist.

The ones posted at RCentral for the E-series don't work.
you might need to convert these to hex, but I've been using these jp1 remote codes as my base with my m60
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...&file_id=12755

discrete power and inputs are in there... hope this helps!
VBB and thebard like this.
tmuka is offline  
post #11718 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 04:13 AM
Member
 
tmuka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHigh View Post
The Super Bowl looks awful to me on my M70. So does most BluRay content I've tried. I've used CNET's and other's recommendations. But in the end, the bright whites and off whites are way overblown, bleeding all over the place. White faces in light look ghastly, and areas in shadows are too dark to make anything out.
I don't watch sports much, but on my CBS OTA recording the beginning of the game seemed to have pretty bad camera exposure settings/quality, blown out whites in the sky that I've never seen on any of my high quality Netflix content or BD with my hardware calibrated m60. i also haven't seen it on OTA sitcom stuff like New Girl or Big bang theory. If I get time tonight I'll see what the recording looks like on my old 42" panny plasma and macbook pro, and maybe even see if I can cut and share an illustrative clip of my recording. I live in grand rapids, mi... my gut is to blame the source quality in this case...

edit: also worth mentioning, I'm using a big antenna in the attic with an hdhomerun prime to do my tuning and capture of mpeg2 into mythtv without transcoding.
VBB likes this.
tmuka is offline  
post #11719 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 04:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Surly73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto-ish, Canada
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetech View Post
There was a setting on my PC's video control panel that was set wrong, displaying black and white on the tv instead of color image. Despite resetting that, the TV still measures at 9000+ without serious adjustments to the blue high end adjustments, like -70
As I've watched your posts, I'm still not sure you're starting out in the right mode.

On the remote hit "PIC", when prompted choose "Calibrated". Then go into the menu (V logo button -> HDTV settings -> Picture) and set color temperature to "NORMAL" and not "COMPUTER" or "COOL".

I've found that the "normal" colour temperature in every other mode except "Calibrated" and "Calibrated Dark" is very cool, but a "Warm" option is offered in those modes which is closer to correct. I think the changing terminology is causing harm here.
Surly73 is offline  
post #11720 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Member
 
tmuka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmuka View Post
I don't watch sports much, but on my CBS OTA recording the beginning of the game seemed to have pretty bad camera exposure settings/quality, blown out whites in the sky that I've never seen on any of my high quality Netflix content or BD with my hardware calibrated m60. i also haven't seen it on OTA sitcom stuff like New Girl or Big bang theory. If I get time tonight I'll see what the recording looks like on my old 42" panny plasma and macbook pro, and maybe even see if I can cut and share an illustrative clip of my recording. I live in grand rapids, mi... my gut is to blame the source quality in this case...

edit: also worth mentioning, I'm using a big antenna in the attic with an hdhomerun prime to do my tuning and capture of mpeg2 into mythtv without transcoding.
Yeah, i just went back to get a closer look at my recorded original mpeg2 source for the game, and it's clearly garbage signal. 1080i, but with tons of blocky artifacts. I do think when the sun was high in the beginning of the game, anything the sunlight hit in the stadium seemed to have the highlights washed/blown out, that's just an tough shot to expose everything right. it looks the same on youtube clips i've seen of the same footage. After the sun went down it seemed a lot better with the controlled lighting. I think for me this is another case of bad source quality being accurately represented by the vizio. I'll stick to the stunning quality of good content! Casino Royale intro on BD looked great last night, thanks for the tip
VBB and thomasfxlt like this.
tmuka is offline  
post #11721 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Member
 
wetech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
As I've watched your posts, I'm still not sure you're starting out in the right mode.

On the remote hit "PIC", when prompted choose "Calibrated". Then go into the menu (V logo button -> HDTV settings -> Picture) and set color temperature to "NORMAL" and not "COMPUTER" or "COOL".

I've found that the "normal" colour temperature in every other mode except "Calibrated" and "Calibrated Dark" is very cool, but a "Warm" option is offered in those modes which is closer to correct. I think the changing terminology is causing harm here.
I've only every used the Calibrated picture mode and Normal color temp, which looked reasonably neutral on my prior two M60-C3's. On this one, it's obviously blue. In a prior post, I included the HCFR results for this set prior to changing the 2 point grey scale. Blue measures 150-160% and red 80% across the board. The meter is an i1 Display Pro that I used on my PC monitor and living room plasma with great results. The uncalibrated measurements were all reasonable, so I don't think the meter's at fault.

I've done 3 resets via the user menu, as well as the power button reset with the cord unplugged. Same results each time.
wetech is offline  
post #11722 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mpgxsvcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 8,898
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
@mpgxsvcd

For the gamma setting when you say crushed blacks and whites what exactly does that mean?
Shadow detail that should appear as grey or dark grey will appear as "Zero" black. Highlight detial that should appear as bright grey will appear as absolute white. This will render less detail than the source material contains. However, it will also give the image the appearance of having more contrast. Some people like it others don't. Personally, I prefer to see as much as possible of what is in the source material.
mpgxsvcd is offline  
post #11723 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 06:16 AM
Member
 
drock2k1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Brought an M65 home yesterday. I love the picture, Superbowl looked amazing, Blu Ray look amazing but I have some serious vertical banding going on. Is there a chance of this going away on its own or should I just plan on returning. FWIW, the Mrs. did say that a larger TV wouldn't hurt
drock2k1 is offline  
post #11724 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
As I've watched your posts, I'm still not sure you're starting out in the right mode.

On the remote hit "PIC", when prompted choose "Calibrated". Then go into the menu (V logo button -> HDTV settings -> Picture) and set color temperature to "NORMAL" and not "COMPUTER" or "COOL".

I've found that the "normal" colour temperature in every other mode except "Calibrated" and "Calibrated Dark" is very cool, but a "Warm" option is offered in those modes which is closer to correct. I think the changing terminology is causing harm here.
On my M70, there is no "warm" option under any mode.
UltraHigh is offline  
post #11725 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,418
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked: 641
I have two M50's currently one in the family room and one as my second bedroom TV. I am loving the display,but think having a 50" Samsung and a 50" Vizio which is my gaming TV in the same room is a bit of overkill. I am thinking about going a little smaller on the Vizio since I am within my return window. Are there any M43 owners in the group that can share their experience with that size model?

I am curious if the input lag and overall performance would be comparable and if the motion performance is good (judder,blur and overdrive/trailing)?
Thanks again in advanced

Last edited by Dr.Shankenstein; 02-08-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Dr.Shankenstein is offline  
post #11726 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Member
 
BigShowJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Easley, SC
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
4k Sample

Anybody have a good link to a sample video that I can download and place on a USB device to demonstrate 4k? I have tried a couple and the TV will not play them. One was a 2.7k .mp4 file from my phone but the TV said it didn't support the format.
BigShowJoe is offline  
post #11727 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,919
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6281 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShowJoe View Post
Anybody have a good link to a sample video that I can download and place on a USB device to demonstrate 4k? I have tried a couple and the TV will not play them. One was a 2.7k .mp4 file from my phone but the TV said it didn't support the format.

You can only play videos that are encoded in H265 with the internal media player. There are a couple torrents that have been posted in this thread. You can also download from demo-uhd3d.


Sent from nowhere
BigShowJoe likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #11728 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
oman321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MASS
Posts: 4,939
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShowJoe View Post
Anybody have a good link to a sample video that I can download and place on a USB device to demonstrate 4k? I have tried a couple and the TV will not play them. One was a 2.7k .mp4 file from my phone but the TV said it didn't support the format.
If you want to play the file from your phone or other 4k files that are otherwise encoded, you can use a program called handbrake to convert it to H265.
mpgxsvcd and BigShowJoe like this.
oman321 is offline  
post #11729 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfxlt View Post
If you're using the "Calibrated" or "Calibrated Dark" picture control and Blurays look bad, there is something wrong. Make sure your source devices are set to YCbCr or RGB low/limited.

Honestly, the only thing that would cause something like what you describe is an excessive use of contrast. Have you tried the power button reset?
I have a Tivo Roamio from my cable company feeding my TV.
What should I be setting the Tivo to output ? 1080i ? 1080P, 1080P passthru ?
What do you mean by "YCbCr or RGB low/limited" ? I dont see those options on my TIVO.
Gdog2015 is offline  
post #11730 of 16407 Old 02-08-2016, 09:45 AM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,245
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock2k1 View Post
Brought an M65 home yesterday. I love the picture, Superbowl looked amazing, Blu Ray look amazing but I have some serious vertical banding going on. Is there a chance of this going away on its own or should I just plan on returning. FWIW, the Mrs. did say that a larger TV wouldn't hurt
Swap it for the M70. You won't regret it
mpgxsvcd likes this.

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | VIZIO M70-C3 | Denon AVR-X3500H | Elac Uni-Fi | Elac Debut 2.0 SUB3030
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
VBB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off