Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 464 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11319Likes

post #13891 of 16407 Old 04-28-2016, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having trouble getting my M70-c3 to see my 5ghz(AC) SSID. Any one else have this problem? I am getting about 1.5-2.5Mb/s on my 2.4ghz(n) SSID. trying to run plex form the tv but i have a fear i will have buffering issues and slow load times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13892 of 16407 Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is the native refresh on the m55-c2? If it is 60hz will it interpolute from a 60hz source so I can use the soap opera effect? I watch a lot of blu Rays and stream a lot of Netflix and Hulu as of now. I will probably get into other streaming apps as I will be looking for 4K content.

Also Rtings gives this tv a horrible rating on sports due to motion blur. Is it that bad? Is it present during action movies?

Thanks!!!!
post #13893 of 16407 Old 04-28-2016, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ss View Post
What is the native refresh on the m55-c2? If it is 60hz will it interpolute from a 60hz source so I can use the soap opera effect? I watch a lot of blu Rays and stream a lot of Netflix and Hulu as of now. I will probably get into other streaming apps as I will be looking for 4K content.

Also Rtings gives this tv a horrible rating on sports due to motion blur. Is it that bad? Is it present during action movies?

Thanks!!!!

If you have not purchased one yet,I would suggest you think about getting a 2016 Vizio P Model.

Rtings does not try to push you in the wrong direction they tell it like it is,if you want better refresh rate and better motion blur check out the reviews on the Vizio P Model.

You can also google search the 2016 Vizio P Model on You Tube.Good Luck!
toonj64 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13894 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ss View Post

Thanks!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon69 View Post
If you have not purchased one yet,I would suggest you think about getting a 2016 Vizio P Model.

Rtings does not try to push you in the wrong direction they tell it like it is,if you want better refresh rate and better motion blur check out the reviews on the Vizio P Model.

You can also google search the 2016 Vizio P Model on You Tube.Good Luck!
I own a M55-C2, and I have no issues with sports. The review on the 2015 model was prior to better firmware that is out now. Having said that, here is how I would decide?

Do you need an Over the Air tuner?
If so, purchase the 2015 Model. If not, I'd consider either the new 2016 M or P series.

In addition to Dolby Vision capability, the new models have more local dimming zones for improved performance. The P series is more expensive, so you may consider the new M series if wide color gamut is not that important to you. (If you mostly watch over the air or cable for example)

The 55" size in the new P series is an IPS panel. (vs. a VA panel) IPS has much better viewing angle, but contrast is not as good as VA. Users of the new 55" P series with VA, report excellent black levels due to the increased local dimming zones. So... the usual knock on IPS is mostly negated due to the improved local dimming performance.

I'm very pleased with my 2015 55C2. My only knock is due to my room layout. I'd be better off with IPS, and my TV has a 55" VA panel, so off angle is tough. Last year, the IPS would not have been a good option for me due to the lower contrast, but most owners who have the new 2016 55" P series are very pleased even when viewing in a dark room. That's a pretty strong testament to the stronger performance of local dimming in the new models.
LG4k and GorillaBot like this.
post #13895 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 10:43 AM

Hey everyone -
I have an audio question about my M60. I can't test it right now, because a lightning strike killed the thing and Vizio is currently sending me a replacement.

So, here's my dilemma. I have a soundbar (Vizio SB4251) hooked up through the optical SPDIF audio port on the back of the TV. My wife just bought me a pair of wireless headphones (Sennheiser RS 165. I think they are a present for her, too, since she likes the house nice and quiet) that would have to connect to the RCA jack on the back of the TV. Can the TV send audio out through both outputs, or am I going to have to juggle cables to make this work? I want to make sure this is possible before we are beyond the return window for the headphones.

Or if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share.

Thanks in advance!
Ivan
post #13896 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by typo13 View Post
I'm having trouble getting my M70-c3 to see my 5ghz(AC) SSID. Any one else have this problem? I am getting about 1.5-2.5Mb/s on my 2.4ghz(n) SSID. trying to run plex form the tv but i have a fear i will have buffering issues and slow load times.
I'm not sure about the AC access point. You may want to check the 20/40 MHz channel width or change the wifi channel and see if that helps. On a side note, the speed test is completely broken on the Vizio TV's and doesn't report actual speed (even wired tests report sub 10 Mbps speed). With 2.4 GHz wireless N you will definitely see a lot more than 1.5-2.5 Mb/s actual throughput as long as you have a decent signal.
post #13897 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by techobrien View Post
I'm not sure about the AC access point. You may want to check the 20/40 MHz channel width or change the wifi channel and see if that helps. On a side note, the speed test is completely broken on the Vizio TV's and doesn't report actual speed (even wired tests report sub 10 Mbps speed). With 2.4 GHz wireless N you will definitely see a lot more than 1.5-2.5 Mb/s actual throughput as long as you have a decent signal.
It isn't broken. It is that you have no idea what server you are testing. Unlike speedtest.net where you can choose the nearest server. If your in California you don't know if your testing the speed to a server in Texas or Arizona. Same goes for Xbox One or PS4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151129_200959313_iOS.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	1413298  

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; 04-29-2016 at 01:10 PM.
post #13898 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
It isn't broken. It is that you have no idea what server you are testing. Unlike speedtest.net where you can choose the nearest server. If your in California you don't know if your testing the speed to a server in Texas or Arizona. Same goes for Xbox One or PS4.
I would argue that that a test which is never accurate is "broken." It's basically no more useful than testing to see if you can access the internet. Also the test is not long enough to get a meaningful connection speed.
toonj64 likes this.
post #13899 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by techobrien View Post
I would argue that that a test which is never accurate is "broken." It's basically no more useful than testing to see if you can access the internet. Also the test is not long enough to get a meaningful connection speed.
Honestly it doesn't matter if it is "broken" for the past year this tv has been out it has been known to not rely on it when you have no ability to point to the nearest server so it doesn't matter how long the test is. The Xbox one will take 30 seconds or more to run the speed test and it doesn't accurately give you correct results for the same reasons for this tv.

The 5.0 is here
post #13900 of 16407 Old 04-29-2016, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 289
FYI the M43 was down to $375 at my Walmart.
post #13901 of 16407 Old 04-30-2016, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi,

Have a few questions, issue related (not sure if this is the right place to post though). I have had the M55-C2 for a little less than a year. I have only 3 HDMI devices connected: HDMI1 - Cable Box HDMI2 - PS4, HDMI3 - BluRay Player.

So I've had no issues until 10 mins ago. I have CEC enabled, and when I use my PS4 I just power on the controller and the tv will auto-switch to HDMI 2 input. Well today that didn't exactly happened. the tv switched, but I had no display or audio. Just a black screen. This is not the typical "no signal" message or anything.

I went ahead and power cycled, same issue. Then I swapped the HDMI cable with a new one I had on hand. Same issue. I then swapped the HDMI port from 2 to 3 (swapping between PS4 and Bluray ports),

After changing the ports to see if maybe my HDMI 2 port is dead or not. The PS4 worked fine on HDMI 3 port, and the Bluray player also worked fine on HDMI 2 port. All issues went away.

I have no tried swapping it back yet though to re-test, but it would be odd if this is a PS4... communication or compatibility issue?

Has anyone seen this behavior or have any ideas what might cause this sort of issue?

Also, how can I update the firmware on my tv? I'm at version 1.3-15 Also, what is "service check" option in settings?

I want to make sure my tv is up to date and ok now.

Thanks
post #13902 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just picked up an M55-C2 for the bedroom and noticed that the remote is backlit on the back with the QWERTY keys and not on the front? Is that correct or do I have a defective remote?
post #13903 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboo View Post
Just picked up an M55-C2 for the bedroom and noticed that the remote is backlit on the back with the QWERTY keys and not on the front? Is that correct or do I have a defective remote?
That's correct, only the QWERT keyboard is backlit.
agile likes this.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #13904 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroburn View Post
Hi,

Also, how can I update the firmware on my tv? I'm at version 1.3-15 Also, what is "service check" option in settings?

I want to make sure my tv is up to date and ok now.

Thanks
AFAIK, you can't update your firmware manually, it's a waiting game.
post #13905 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
That's correct, only the QWERT keyboard is backlit.
Thanks for letting me know
post #13906 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 08:15 AM

Liked: 0
I have an m55c2 and noticed I don't have the reduce motion blur setting in the menu. The firmware is 1.3
post #13907 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM
boo
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just a mention, playing around with my M55 last night, I switch my color from YCbCr to RGB using mpgxsvcd settings, it made a difference with my Roku 4, both in 1080P and 4K, don't know why but it did, lot nicer picture.
post #13908 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbeard View Post
I have an m55c2 and noticed I don't have the reduce motion blur setting in the menu. The firmware is 1.3
It was removed from one of the recent firmware updates on 60hz sets, don't know if it will show back up.
post #13909 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo View Post
Just a mention, playing around with my M55 last night, I switch my color from YCbCr to RGB using mpgxsvcd settings, it made a difference with my Roku 4, both in 1080P and 4K, don't know why but it did, lot nicer picture.
You should be able to get the picture looking great using auto or YCbCr. I was using RGB for awhile but I noticed that whenever there were letterbox bars top-bottom, or the sides that they were dark grey instead of black. But when I stopped using RGB the bars were black as they should be so I just made my adjustments using that instead and it looks great.

Vizio M80-C3 - Denon AVR-X4200w - Samsung UBD-K8500 - Roku 4 - Charter Spectrum - Logitech Harmony 700 Remote
Axiom VP150-v2 Center - M60-v2 Front Left & Right - 4>QS8-v2 Quad Polar Surrounds - EP500 Front Sub - DIY 12" Rear Sub
post #13910 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Jup

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
M75-C1 Dark to Light Delay

I recently purchased a M75-C1 after reading a lot of good information on the forum here. I've had it hooked up for about 3 weeks now, primary source is DirecTV and AppleTV. Majority of DirecTV content is at 1081i and AppleTV are 1080p MKV videos.

I love the size for my room, but I must admit I have not been blown away by the quality of picture. My old TV was a 55" Sony 1080p LED and that unit seems to have much more vibrant colors.

So here is my really big issue that drives me crazy. Of course my wife doesn't pick it up and thinks I'm nuts.

If I'm watching a particularly dark scene, something with a brown to blackish background and when it switches back and forth from a light scene to a darker scene, there almost seems to be a split second delay and I can perceptibly see a flicker from dark to light just after the scene switches. Where I really noticed this was when watching as show like Shark Tank. The background with the five sharks sitting there is dark browns and such, when it switches back and forth from the five sharks to the people pitching their product I find it is very noticeable. So what I did is I downloaded a 1080p rip of the same show and played it on my AppleTV just to be sure it wasn't something with my DTV. Same issue experienced.

I've reviewed some of the calibration settings that people have been posting, but can't seem to find once specific to M75 (see 55, 65, 80 - but not sure if that would make a difference).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a setting that I'm missing that will stop this from happening?

Thanks for any advice or thoughts.

Jup

Last edited by Jup; 05-01-2016 at 02:24 PM.
post #13911 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jup View Post
I recently purchased a M75-C1 after reading a lot of good information on the forum here. I've had it hooked up for about 3 weeks now, primary source is DirecTV and AppleTV. Majority of DirecTV content is at 1081i and AppleTV are 1080p MKV videos.

I love the size for my room, but I must admit I have not been blown away by the quality of picture. My old TV was a 55" Sony 1080p LED and that unit seems to have much more vibrant colors.

So here is my really big issue that drives me crazy. Of course my wife doesn't pick it up and thinks I'm nuts.

If I'm watching a particularly dark scene, something with a brown to blackish background and when it switches back and forth from a light scene to a darker scene, there almost seems to be a split second delay and I can perceptibly see a flicker from dark to light just after the scene switches. Where I really noticed this was when watching as show like Shark Tank. The background with the five sharks sitting there is dark browns and such, when it switches back and forth from the five sharks to the people pitching their product I find it is very noticeable. So what I did is I downloaded a 1080p rip of the same show and played it on my AppleTV just to be sure it wasn't something with my DTV. Same issue experienced.

I've reviewed some of the calibration settings that people have been posting, but can't seem to find once specific to M75 (see 55, 65, 80 - but not sure if that would make a difference).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a setting that I'm missing that will stop this from happening?

Thanks for any advice or thoughts.

Jup
Thats the local dimming. It should be mostly unnoticeable but you will definitely see it in cases where subtitles/credits are flashing on and off the screen or there's a significant change in the brightness of a scene. If you're noticing it constantly then it may be a defect. You can stop it by turning off the local dimming (forget the actual name of it, active zones or something like that), but you're giving up one of the best features of the TV, it all depends what is important to you.
VBB and GorillaBot like this.
post #13912 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo View Post
You really have to match the output of the Roku to the setting on the TV.
Both should either be in RGB mode or in YCbCr (or Auto on the VIzio) mode.
Whenever you have a mismatch in the settings you will either experience crushed blacks and whites or the opposite, bright blacks and dim whites.
VBB, toonj64 and GorillaBot like this.

post #13913 of 16407 Old 05-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
You really have to match the output of the Roku to the setting on the TV.
Both should either be in RGB mode or in YCbCr (or Auto on the VIzio) mode.
Whenever you have a mismatch in the settings you will either experience crushed blacks and whites or the opposite, bright blacks and dim whites.
How would you match that setting on Directv Genie 54 (4K) going directly to HDMI #5 port? And should CEC be enabled?

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
post #13914 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@rjhseven
I'm not familiar with that box, but TV boxes, disc players etc. are normally set to YCbCr. Setting the TV to Auto should be fine.
rjhseven likes this.

post #13915 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboo View Post
Found same on my M75-C1. Since I'm not using the back, just the front, I found on Amazon a remote for XRT510.00111203030 that doesn't have the qwerty on back and front lights up just like we want. http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-XRT510-U..._detailpages00

I also have a spare for the M75 I bought for my wife. I sent back the tv and have no use for these two remotes. If you want them p.m.me a reasonable offer and I'll send them both to you. You can pay me with a check or Paypal after you receive them and are happy.

Last edited by jleroy68; 05-02-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: More info.
post #13916 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 04:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Liked: 364
I have a general question in regards to Vizio. I'm looking into getting the new P Series. However, there seems to be a long list of issues at the moment. I understand that the display has only been available for a month and supposedly firmware updates could fix most of the problems. My question is, was this the case for the 2015 M Series? Did it start out with lots of issues and then got fixed with firmware updates or are most of the issues still present?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #13917 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by buju22 View Post
I have a general question in regards to Vizio. I'm looking into getting the new P Series. However, there seems to be a long list of issues at the moment. I understand that the display has only been available for a month and supposedly firmware updates could fix most of the problems. My question is, was this the case for the 2015 M Series? Did it start out with lots of issues and then got fixed with firmware updates or are most of the issues still present?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I wouldn't say that was the same for 2015 M. From what I remember the initial firmware on M had some significant issues with motion processing which were fixed but other than that I'd say it was pretty stable. Vizio WAS putting out firmware updates every few months (which is good).
IIRC, the main issues remaining in 2015 M are certain tuner settings that prevent full calibration (though these sets are pretty good out of the box so that's not a major issue), and the black level details doesn't work Medium/High settings (I believe most people keep this setting off).
The SmartCast platform in 2016 models (P, M and E) is completely new and needs to mature and become more stable... I don't doubt, though that making that happen is Vizio no. 1 priority, as most their eggs are in that basket for 2016!
VBB and buju22 like this.
post #13918 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Hey all. I picked up the VIZIO M50-C1 with the close out deal going on at Walmart. I've been out of the game as my last purchase was back in 2010/11 but i couldnt pass up this deal and wanted to get back into the 4K game. TV is gorgeous and I'm coming from a 2010 46" Sony XBR 240Hz 1080p. I left the HDMI 5 port alone as I believe this for 4K equipment only so I used ports 2-3-4 for Direct TV-Bluray-Chromecast. My only complaint so far is the sound. This is a bedroom tv which I wall mounted so i'm not going to hook up any components to it. It sounds very very muffled. I know not to expect much from tv speakers but these are horrid and my wife is wanting to go back to our sony. Any tips on making the sound better? EQ settings? TIA.
post #13919 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Does the M75-C1 have a 2.0 or a 3.0 USB port?

The specs on LG's web site doesn't indicate which. So my guess would be 2.0 or they would be advertising it. Am I correct?

8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15
Speakers: SpeakerCraft: 8 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Woofers: SVS PB13-Ultra (1), HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Sony XBR-75Z9D,. LG OLED55E6P
Oppo UHD-203 player, Denon X7200WA, Harmony 1100, Harmony Elite, 9 Noctua cooling fans
post #13920 of 16407 Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post
Hey all. I picked up the VIZIO M50-C1 with the close out deal going on at Walmart. I've been out of the game as my last purchase was back in 2010/11 but i couldnt pass up this deal and wanted to get back into the 4K game. TV is gorgeous and I'm coming from a 2010 46" Sony XBR 240Hz 1080p. I left the HDMI 5 port alone as I believe this for 4K equipment only so I used ports 2-3-4 for Direct TV-Bluray-Chromecast. My only complaint so far is the sound. This is a bedroom tv which I wall mounted so i'm not going to hook up any components to it. It sounds very very muffled. I know not to expect much from tv speakers but these are horrid and my wife is wanting to go back to our sony. Any tips on making the sound better? EQ settings? TIA.
There is an equalizer in the audio menu that you can try but I doubt there is anything you can do that is going to make the internal speakers sound significantly better.
The majority of displays these days have small, crappy back-facing. They are not good to start with and wall mounting would just muffle them further (if you have an articulating wall mount you can try moving it further away from the wall).
The bigger sets (M60+) have significantly better sound, but even those are still not great. Did your old sony have front-facing speakers?
I think most people would get a soundbar in your situation but that obviously involves hooking up a component (keep in mind that many soundbars can also be wall mounted above or below the TV which would not cause any clutter, if that is your concern)!
wmarkw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page