Official 2015 Vizio 4K UHD M Series Thread - Page 479 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 11319Likes

post #14341 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Still within the return period for the M55-C2 I purchased, and I'm concerned about a few things:

1 - The reviews on the Vizio M-Series say motion blur is a big issue for gaming (which I do), action scenes and sports. Rtings addressed in their review, and then again in the D-Series 2016 review when someone said that firmware corrected the M-Series motion blur (scroll to comments section - http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/d-series-4k-2016). Has anyone found that to be the case?

2 - What the status on whether or not Contrast and Brightness should be adjusted. I read to leave it alone, but then another review indicated that firmware fixed.

3 - Sometimes colors seem a bit dull.

Wondering what's been fixed with firmware, and what hasn't at this point with the TV.

Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14342 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 2958 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharperweb View Post
Still within the return period for the M55-C2 I purchased, and I'm concerned about a few things:

1 - The reviews on the Vizio M-Series say motion blur is a big issue for gaming (which I do), action scenes and sports. Rtings addressed in their review, and then again in the D-Series 2016 review when someone said that firmware corrected the M-Series motion blur (scroll to comments section - http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/d-series-4k-2016). Has anyone found that to be the case?

2 - What the status on whether or not Contrast and Brightness should be adjusted. I read to leave it alone, but then another review indicated that firmware fixed.

Wondering what's been fixed with firmware, and what hasn't at this point with the TV.

Thanks for any input.
Take it back and save up for a P65. Trust me the P65 will do everything you want. The M55-C2 will not.
toonj64 and GorillaBot like this.
post #14343 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:

Thanks for any input.
1) I don't play games (nor watch sports) on my M55, so I can't really comment on the motion blur issue. What I can say is that with the noise reduction options turned on I had very noticeable blurring in dark scenes. I disabled those and haven't had any problems since.

2) I wouldn't touch either of the contrast or brightness controls without calibration equipment. At default settings they are pretty much spot on.

3) Could depend on the source, what's your gamma setting? Try setting it higher.

PS. Although I don't have one yet, I wholeheartedly agree with mpgxsvcd. The P series is considerably better at everything, and is well worth the additional expense.
I'm planning to get my hands on a P65 as soon as situation permits.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14344 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

The firmware fix for motion was about a year ago, so you don't have to worry about that. I think motion blur is fine, but I have the 60" which is 120Hz, and your 55" is 60 Hz.

Quote:
For most sources don't mess with Contrast or Brightness. Computers outputing RGB (DVI outputs always do this) needs the brightness turned way down (30ish).

Quote:
Sometimes it does look pretty dull, sometimes it really pops, it depends on the source material.

Vizio M60-C3 UHD TV
Vizio D50-F1 UHD TV
MythTV / Ubuntu / Home Run Prime
Paradigm Studio v2 speakers
Clark Tactile Transducer
post #14345 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Yesterday I received an update to both the Plex and Youtube apps on my M60. No firmware update. Plex trailers are still broken, but both apps seem a bit more snappy. The Youtube layout changed a bit too. Not sure what, if anything else, changed.
post #14346 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iencoder View Post
Hi Mboojigga. Seriously, you've just made some random Internet stranger (i.e. - me) very happy with the time you took to take those photos. Thank you. I've been spending every evening after the kids go down in order to try a million different configurations in an attempt to get 4:4:4 working. I'm assuming my M60-C3 should act the same once I get a new HTPC videocard that can do 120Hz @ 1080p. Now that I know that I can run in at least one res with 4:4:4, I'll be keeping the TV now

If you don't mind me asking, what Nvidia card are you using?

So now that I've had time to mess around with my TV I'm very confused. I have the m60.

First, yes I created a custom resolution for 1080p120hz. However, unlike 1080p60hz where the drop down menu gives me options for RGB, 4:2:2, and 4:4:4. The "custom resolution" of 1080p120hz only gives me the option of RGB. That's it. I can tell immediately the image (like small icons, text, etc) seem less "sharp" if that makes sense, even if I have RGB set to full. Yet so many people here claim to have 4:4:4 at 1080p120hz. This bothers me greatly because I want the same results as others. 120hz gaming is more important to me than the 4k aspect. Note that it appears I do get the same results as others on 4k. Only 4:2:0 is available at 60hz but at 30hz I have RGB, 4:2:2, and 4:4:4 available.

I bought that Club3D adapter. It now has two resolutions sections to choose from. I think the first is TV and the 2nd is PC resolutions. The TV resolutions do not have 1080p120hz available. I tried to make a custom one 1080p120 and with auto timings and it fails immediately. However, this 1080p120 is available natively under PC resolutions. BUT, all PC resolutions show this staticy border at the bottom of the screen. I tried a different HDMI 1.4 cable instead of my HDMI 2.0 cable, I even tried all the display port outputs on my GTX 980ti. I also upgrade the firmware on the Club3D adapter and it did not help. That thin static shimmering border is still there. Otherwise I'd be fine using the adapter.

Post 11980 on page 400 says the guy tried to extract and modify the EDID data. Reading that post I downloaded and used both programs and have no idea how to get the 120hz to show up automatically under TV resolutions with the 60, 30, 24, etc hz that by default show up under 1080p. Maybe if it showed up in this menu it would have the 4:4:4 option too?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by CyberCT; 06-08-2016 at 08:20 PM.
post #14347 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post
Take it back and save up for a P65. Trust me the P65 will do everything you want. The M55-C2 will not.
Thanks. The P65 sounds great, but I'll have to wait for a good clearance price on the P-series before I could make that jump. I only paid $540 for the M55-C2.
post #14348 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
1) I don't play games (nor watch sports) on my M55, so I can't really comment on the motion blur issue. What I can say is that with the noise reduction options turned on I had very noticeable blurring in dark scenes. I disabled those and haven't had any problems since.

2) I wouldn't touch either of the contrast or brightness controls without calibration equipment. At default settings they are pretty much spot on.

3) Could depend on the source, what's your gamma setting? Try setting it higher.

PS. Although I don't have one yet, I wholeheartedly agree with mpgxsvcd. The P series is considerably better at everything, and is well worth the additional expense.
I'm planning to get my hands on a P65 as soon as situation permits.
1. Personally, I don't really see it, but I heard it was bad. Thanks for the tip about off noise reduction.

3. Gamma is set at 2.1.
post #14349 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The Club3D adapter only allows 4:2:2 on ALL resolutions. No 4:4:4 at all. Under PC 1080p, only 120hz is available.
post #14350 of 16407 Old 06-08-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efball View Post
The firmware fix for motion was about a year ago, so you don't have to worry about that. I think motion blur is fine, but I have the 60" which is 120Hz, and your 55" is 60 Hz.

For most sources don't mess with Contrast or Brightness. Computers outputing RGB (DVI outputs always do this) needs the brightness turned way down (30ish).

Sometimes it does look pretty dull, sometimes it really pops, it depends on the source material.
1. That's what I had heard, though rtings still says an issue with latest firmware. Curious if others still noticing post update.

3. Yeah, maybe it's just a source thing and I'm expecting too much.
post #14351 of 16407 Old 06-09-2016, 01:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
1. Personally, I don't really see it, but I heard it was bad. Thanks for the tip about off noise reduction.

3. Gamma is set at 2.1.
Image depth depends a lot on the source, but I personally think that gamma of 2.1 is a bit too low. I guess it depends on your ambient lighting conditions.
I have my TV calibrated to BT.1886 @ 2.4 and it looks great with pretty much everything I have thrown at it.
Try setting it to 2.2, and even 2.4 when you're watching in the dark.

LG 65B7 | T95N with CoreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings (TBD)
Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Dell UP2516D | Le Potato with CoreELEC (Development/testing platform)
Vizio M55-C2 (Ex) | Calibration + Settings
post #14352 of 16407 Old 06-09-2016, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm currently trying to use the ARC feature with my new Pioneer VSX-1130-K receiver. Both support ARC (obviously). I have the HDMI input on the TV plugged into the ARC-specific port, and the same goes for my receiver. ARC-only mode is enabled in the TV settings (CEC disabled as a whole), and it detects my receiver when I go to look for devices. On my receiver, ARC is enabled (once I switch to the TV input of course).

After all of this, when I try to use the TV apps, I am still getting no sounds output to my receiver. I'd rather NOT use optical like I had to before, I'm already inundated with cabling...thoughts?
post #14353 of 16407 Old 06-09-2016, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Oh, to be specific: I have the M65-C1.
post #14354 of 16407 Old 06-09-2016, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyCoh View Post
Im late to the game but I just picked up a m70c3 display model from Best buy. Now the fun of trying to set it up.

Just wondering do you all use the streaming apps from the tv or some box type or a computer that has been set up for streaming ?
I use an Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen) box. Gives me 4k youtube now with latest update and works great.
post #14355 of 16407 Old 06-09-2016, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAlletto View Post
I use an Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen) box. Gives me 4k youtube now with latest update and works great.
Are you using HDMI directly into your receiver, ARC, or optical for surround sound? If you're connected via ARC or optical, does Netflix actually put out 5.1?
post #14356 of 16407 Old 06-09-2016, 06:40 PM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCT View Post
The Club3D adapter only allows 4:2:2 on ALL resolutions. No 4:4:4 at all. Under PC 1080p, only 120hz is available.
The Club-3D adapter does exactly one thing for you, since you already have GTX 980ti: It allows you to get Vizio's version of 4:4:4 at 4k/60Hz 8-bit. That is literally the only advantage you get, if you already have a newer video card. Yes, it does add [email protected] as a PC resolution, but you can add that as a custom resolution anyway. In regards to the 4:4:4, I say "Vizio's version", because these TVs, including the new P-series, cannot do a proper 4:4:4. Instead, they do a 4:2:2, which is a little blurrier, but acceptable for desktop use and gaming. RGB is always "4:4:4", since there is no chroma subsampling. So, when you set your video card to putput RGB, the TV will give you its version, which is 4:2:2. Hope that makes sense

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | VIZIO M70-C3 | Denon AVR-X3500H | Elac Uni-Fi | Elac Debut 2.0 SUB3030
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
post #14357 of 16407 Old 06-10-2016, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by techobrien View Post
Are you using HDMI directly into your receiver, ARC, or optical for surround sound? If you're connected via ARC or optical, does Netflix actually put out 5.1?
Surprisingly/unfortunately i don't have a receiver. I'm using HDMI directly into the tv.
post #14358 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Parkinson View Post
I'm currently trying to use the ARC feature with my new Pioneer VSX-1130-K receiver. Both support ARC (obviously). I have the HDMI input on the TV plugged into the ARC-specific port, and the same goes for my receiver. ARC-only mode is enabled in the TV settings (CEC disabled as a whole), and it detects my receiver when I go to look for devices. On my receiver, ARC is enabled (once I switch to the TV input of course).

After all of this, when I try to use the TV apps, I am still getting no sounds output to my receiver. I'd rather NOT use optical like I had to before, I'm already inundated with cabling...thoughts?
Have you tried a different cable?
I just looked at the manual for your AVR, and the settings look very simple, sounds like you have it set correctly. They have a note in there that I noticed was repeated a few times, it has to due with audio delay. They said it may take a little while for your AVR to recognize sound is present on the ARC.

Living Room: Sony XBR55X800E / Sony UBPX800 / Vizio SB3651-E6
HT Setup: LG OLED55E6P / Panasonic DMP-UB900 / PS4 Pro / Denon X4200W / KEF Q700's / KEF Q200c / KEF Q100 Surrounds / Rythmik FVX15
post #14359 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs down M55 - C2 Display Issues HELP, Poor Picture( From Cable Provider)

Hello,

Sorry for the long post below, It quite the story.

I have had a M55-C2 for about four months now. I am at a loss at what to do.
I got it from best buy and purchased the Calibration services from them, I was told that it was best to watch about 100hrs before the tech came on to calibrate.
As soon as I got it home I fired up a Blu Ray ( Gravity) and was amazed at how good the picture was, it hit all the check marks that I wanted from a display. Even my wife was surprised at the quality and she did not see the point of buying a new TV!!!
All was good until, I started watching broadcast TV. The picture was and still is horrible, the dark scene's are the worst I have ever watched.
Shadow detailing is so bad it almost looks like its pixelized, the motion blur is very heavy. When a actor turns there head you can see a tracer on there nose, ears, hats etc. The colour uniformity is way off.

So after 100hrs of watching the TV like this, I was very excited to have it calibrated.
The guy came and I showed him what I was experiencing and right away he told me it was my cable provider and he could do nothing about it, as the content and picture from the Blu Ray was very good.
So after he left, I called my cable service provider to come and fix the issues or I would find another company.
They were out to my home and replace all the PVRs, modems and router in my home.
But still the picture while viewing the Broadcast TV was poor. I used Game Of thrones as a benchmark for the technician
to view and he did say that it was not as clear as the other customers TVs that he has set-up.
He blamed the TV and its upscaling engine, saying it is over processing the images. He also suggested that I call Best Buy and have them replace it.

Best But will not do anything for me as it is past the return period. I am past this period due to the fact that I had to watch 100hrs fro the calibration.
BestBuy told me to call Vizio to see if they would do anything for me. Vizio will not, as the panel works fine because the Blu Ray content is fine.
I have tried all the calibration settings find in the forums, I have purchased the best HDMI cables I could find and have tried my PVR in all inputs.

I can email you pictures and videos if you require, the forum will not yet me, as I do not meet the requirements.

Has anyone had this experience before or have any suggestions.

My setup is as Follows:

Vizio M55-C2 (latest firmware)
PS4
PS3
Cisco IPV6015 PVR
All HDMI are marseille
post #14360 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wessley View Post
Hello,

All HDMI are marseille
My Directv at 1080i looks good most the time but sometimes I do see things in the dark areas. All I can say is to not use HDMI 5 for sources less than 1080P (most cable providers). I don't know what TV in this price range would have a better scaler but it is the source that causes the issues. A good source looks really good on these TVs.

Jeff
HVAC Guru likes this.
post #14361 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhixson View Post
My Directv at 1080i looks good most the time but sometimes I do see things in the dark areas. All I can say is to not use HDMI 5 for sources less than 1080P (most cable providers). I don't know what TV in this price range would have a better scaler but it is the source that causes the issues. A good source looks really good on these TVs.

Jeff
@wessley - Like Jeff mentioned, you need a good source. Make sure your cable box is set to 1080i or 1080p, anything less doesn't look as pleasing to the eye.

Living Room: Sony XBR55X800E / Sony UBPX800 / Vizio SB3651-E6
HT Setup: LG OLED55E6P / Panasonic DMP-UB900 / PS4 Pro / Denon X4200W / KEF Q700's / KEF Q200c / KEF Q100 Surrounds / Rythmik FVX15
post #14362 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVAC Guru View Post
@wessley - Like Jeff mentioned, you need a good source. Make sure your cable box is set to 1080i or 1080p, anything less doesn't look as pleasing to the eye.
Hello,

Thanks for the reply to my post.
I have tried every HDMI port on the TV and have not noticed a change, the picture is still poor.
I will try and pull out my old DVD and see if there is any issues with picture quality, still think it might be the way the set upscales lower def pictures.

Thank you,

Wessley
post #14363 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 06:23 PM
VBB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Hello,

I have tried every HDMI port on the TV and have not noticed a change, the picture is still poor.
I will try and pull out my old DVD and see if there is any issues with picture quality, still think it might be the way the set upscales lower def pictures.

Thank you,

Wessley
Have you tried different output resolutions on the cable box? See if it looks better if set to 720p or 1080i. SD channels will look like crap, no matter what. Use Calibrated (Gamma 2.1) during the day or in a room with a lot of light. In this situation you will also want to turn off Active LED, as it is not necessary and will only make the picture darker. At night or in a room with little to no light, us Calibrated Dark (Gamma 2.2) with Active LED on. For the blur on faces, etc., try turning both "Reduce Noise" options off. For a smoother motion overall, increase Reduce Judder. Anything higher than 2 will cause the soap opera effect. I personally like it on 3, once I got used to it. I keep Reduce Motion Blur at the same amount, even though it only affects higher FPS sources. Hope this will make it a little better for you.
HVAC Guru likes this.

Henry

LG OLED65C7P | VIZIO M70-C3 | Denon AVR-X3500H | Elac Uni-Fi | Elac Debut 2.0 SUB3030
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | LAV Filters | madVR | MPC-HC | Plex | X-Rite i1Display Pro | DisplayCAL | HCFR
post #14364 of 16407 Old 06-11-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you,

Wessley
Rtings definitely dinged the TV for it's upscaling, but not to the extent you are describing. They simply said they needed to up sharpness to 30%. Are you sure your PVR is set to display 720p/1080i/1080p video?

Can you post the photos up on Google Docs or somewhere and post a link.

I have this same model TV, and while DirecTV is definitely hit or miss, I think it has far more to do with the source/channel than anything else (since some channels look great, and others not so much). How does Game of Thrones look through the PS3 or PS4 HBO Go App (you should have access if you subscribe to HBO)?
post #14365 of 16407 Old 06-12-2016, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I agree I was very disappointed in my m70 c3 I just purchased, when watching older shows like cops or law and order.

Come to find out my direct tv box was set to only 1080P and it so would upscale the output to 1080. Then my receiver was trying to upscale the output to 4K and not sure at that point if the tv was also trying to upscale.

I set my Direct tv box to all video types and to just pass though the original format. Did the same with the Receiver to just pass the signal with no upscale and let the TV do all the upscale and am very satisfied with the results.
VBB and HVAC Guru like this.
post #14366 of 16407 Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
can someone tell me what the keyboard on the back of the remote does? thanks
post #14367 of 16407 Old 06-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyCoh View Post
I agree I was very disappointed in my m70 c3 I just purchased, when watching older shows like cops or law and order.

Come to find out my direct tv box was set to only 1080P and it so would upscale the output to 1080. Then my receiver was trying to upscale the output to 4K and not sure at that point if the tv was also trying to upscale.

I set my Direct tv box to all video types and to just pass though the original format. Did the same with the Receiver to just pass the signal with no upscale and let the TV do all the upscale and am very satisfied with the results.
If I set my directv mini to 1080p only it still output 1080i unless the source is 1080p. I leave mine with 1080i and 1080p enabled. My Denon receiver did upscale far worse then the TV and it is set to pass-through.

Didn't try 1080p only on the Genie just the 4k mini.

Jeff
post #14368 of 16407 Old 06-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 56
You should turn on all the options on the direct tv box and set it to not upscale. Let your TV do it or it will also try to upscale the 1080 to 4K and when you use 2 upscale devices you get a bad picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhixson View Post
If I set my directv mini to 1080p only it still output 1080i unless the source is 1080p. I leave mine with 1080i and 1080p enabled. My Denon receiver did upscale far worse then the TV and it is set to pass-through.

Didn't try 1080p only on the Genie just the 4k mini.

Jeff
post #14369 of 16407 Old 06-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwig60 View Post
can someone tell me what the keyboard on the back of the remote does? thanks

You would use it as with any QWERTY Keyboard -- search, passwords, etc. The manual (available online if you don't have one) has plenty of examples.

1) Vizio PQ65-F1 and 2) Visio D32F-F1
Yamaha RX-A3080 - Darbee Darblet DVP-5000
Roku - 2) Ultra, 1) Premiere, 1) nVidia Shield
SageTV v9 - HD300, Tablo QUAD
4) SiliconDust HDHomeRun units (10 tuners)
post #14370 of 16407 Old 06-12-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Hello,

Sorry for the long post below, It quite the story.

I have had a M55-C2 for about four months now. I am at a loss at what to do.
I got it from best buy and purchased the Calibration services from them, I was told that it was best to watch about 100hrs before the tech came on to calibrate.
As soon as I got it home I fired up a Blu Ray ( Gravity) and was amazed at how good the picture was, it hit all the check marks that I wanted from a display. Even my wife was surprised at the quality and she did not see the point of buying a new TV!!!
All was good until, I started watching broadcast TV. The picture was and still is horrible, the dark scene's are the worst I have ever watched.
Shadow detailing is so bad it almost looks like its pixelized, the motion blur is very heavy. When a actor turns there head you can see a tracer on there nose, ears, hats etc. The colour uniformity is way off.

So after 100hrs of watching the TV like this, I was very excited to have it calibrated.
The guy came and I showed him what I was experiencing and right away he told me it was my cable provider and he could do nothing about it, as the content and picture from the Blu Ray was very good.
So after he left, I called my cable service provider to come and fix the issues or I would find another company.
They were out to my home and replace all the PVRs, modems and router in my home.
But still the picture while viewing the Broadcast TV was poor. I used Game Of thrones as a benchmark for the technician
to view and he did say that it was not as clear as the other customers TVs that he has set-up.
He blamed the TV and its upscaling engine, saying it is over processing the images. He also suggested that I call Best Buy and have them replace it.

Best But will not do anything for me as it is past the return period. I am past this period due to the fact that I had to watch 100hrs fro the calibration.
BestBuy told me to call Vizio to see if they would do anything for me. Vizio will not, as the panel works fine because the Blu Ray content is fine.
I have tried all the calibration settings find in the forums, I have purchased the best HDMI cables I could find and have tried my PVR in all inputs.

I can email you pictures and videos if you require, the forum will not yet me, as I do not meet the requirements.

My setup is as Follows:

Vizio M55-C2 (latest firmware)
PS4
PS3
Cisco IPV6015 PVR
All HDMI are marseille
I've got the 65 in model and blu-rays look great but shows like game of thrones look bad in dark sreens,I have a Minerva cable ,internet phone system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page