ArchonX latest calibrated picture settings for Cal-Day/Daytime v2.2 "Adept" **Updated 12/22/15**
1. Found the culprit and fixed the dreaded Green-push (incorrect colors) thanks to a rogue ICM profile on my laptap. All is well and verified with another JU7100 that the issue has gone away (hopefully for everyone!)
2. Gamma changed to 1 from 0 (actually closer to 2.25 Gamma than 0 out of box).
3. GREATLY increased color accuracy and using my Galaxy Note Edge with MobileForge as the pattern generator ensures no ICM profile is messing with the patterns.
4. Increased Dynamic Range 44 Brightness, 97 Contrast (from 45 and 95 respectively before) which should yield deeper blacks and more pop.
5. Tested thoroughly to avoid clipping of white and colors.
-TV: 55" Samsung JU7100 with the TS01 panel (Samsung, Glossy).
-Equipment: Core i5 Laptop, X-rite i1 Display Pro 3 with Pro table upgraded, SpectraCal Calman 5 Home Theater using MobileForge patterns.
-Keep Gamma at 1 for the very important 2.25 Gamma curve.
-You must put in all of these settings, each 10 pt. Interval and each color to get the full effect.
Delta E (CIE2000): Under 0.1 for Greyscale, under 1.1 for color
Gamma: Ruler-flat 2.25 on all points
**Note: To get the best quality, use these settings EXACTLY as listed below. The only exception is sharpness: Set this to be correct for your TV and sitting distance. Go close to your screen and look at static text or lines, set your sharpness to 30 and work your way backwards until the halo (or ghosting effect) just disappears around the borders of lines or text. This is correct for your panel, everything else has to be set like below or you will possibly throw off the entire calibration! Especially important to not mess with Backlight, Brightness, Contrast, or Gamma.
Picture mode: Movie (Or Cal-Day if you unlocked it)
Tint (G/R): G50-R50
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: 0
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Custom (see below)
White Balance: (Turn on 10 pt. See below)
Color Tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Auto
HDMI UHD Color: Off (unless you have/get a 4k video card or 4k Blu-ray players come out).
Film Mode: Auto1 (Auto2 for ESPN ticker box). May be greyed out, not a big deal either way.
Auto Motion Plus: Off or Clear: Turn this off to get rid of the motion soap opera effect.
Smart LED: Off (or Standard for more pop)
2 pt. White Balance:
10 pt. White Balance: (In R, G, B)
10%: 14, 34, 9
20%: -22, -22, -19
30%: -10, -9, -8
40%: 5, 0, 6
50%: 2, 2, 1
60%: 4, 4, 4
70%: -2, 0, 0
80%: 3, 3, 4
90%: 6, 3, 0
100%: 7, -1, -2
Color Space: Custom (In R, G, B)
Red: 59, 2, 1
Green: 0, 60, 0
Blue: 0, 5, 61
Yellow: 53, 52, 1
Cyan: 0, 55, 58
Magenta: 54, 5, 53
Enjoy! If you do use these, please let me know how they work out for you!
Last edited by ArchonX; 12-23-2015 at 11:06 PM.