samsung JU7100 - Page 268 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4825Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8011 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Guys,
Finally, Nvidia Shield Android TV is updated with HDR (e.g. Netflix) and YCbCr capabilities (forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948032/shield-android-tv/shield-android-tv-software-upgrade-3-2-now-available-6-29-16-/1/). The HDR videos looks amazing on my JS modded UN50JU7100. However, I feel like the picture is little dark so I increased the brightness to 100%. Is there any better approach to tackle this issue on HDR videos?
Sasan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8012 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,079
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasan View Post
Guys,
Finally, Nvidia Shield Android TV is updated with HDR (e.g. Netflix) and YCbCr capabilities (forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948032/shield-android-tv/shield-android-tv-software-upgrade-3-2-now-available-6-29-16-/1/). The HDR videos looks amazing on my JS modded UN50JU7100. However, I feel like the picture is little dark so I increased the brightness to 100%. Is there any better approach to tackle this issue on HDR videos?
You increased your BRIGHTNESS to What????
wildgator25 is offline  
post #8013 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
gparris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Caledonia, WI
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasan View Post
Guys,
Finally, Nvidia Shield Android TV is updated with HDR (e.g. Netflix) and YCbCr capabilities (forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948032/shield-android-tv/shield-android-tv-software-upgrade-3-2-now-available-6-29-16-/1/). The HDR videos looks amazing on my JS modded UN50JU7100. However, I feel like the picture is little dark so I increased the brightness to 100%. Is there any better approach to tackle this issue on HDR videos?
So to get Netflix 4K HDR10 you have to go out and buy another device? Way to go, Samsung.
Glad it works for you, though, congrats.
gparris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8014 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgator25 View Post
You increased your BRIGHTNESS to What????
It was 45 and the picture was dark. I increased it to 100. But then it only was applicable to HDR since non-HDR content were too bright.
Sasan is offline  
post #8015 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,180
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3997 Post(s)
Liked: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasan View Post
Guys,
Finally, Nvidia Shield Android TV is updated with HDR (e.g. Netflix) and YCbCr capabilities (forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948032/shield-android-tv/shield-android-tv-software-upgrade-3-2-now-available-6-29-16-/1/). The HDR videos looks amazing on my JS modded UN50JU7100. However, I feel like the picture is little dark so I increased the brightness to 100%. Is there any better approach to tackle this issue on HDR videos?
Brightness should NEVER be increased above 45. Else wise the back light won't function correctly, and your Blacks will become gray black. Try upping the Dynamic range instead
stanhere and King Richard like this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #8016 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Brightness should NEVER be increased above 45. Else wise the back light won't function correctly, and your Blacks will become gray black. Try upping the Dynamic range instead
Thanks for the advice. I'll try and update here.
davidkrocks likes this.
Sasan is offline  
post #8017 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Member
 
rendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilion705 View Post
Yes that's right but I want to know about 1440p (2560×1440). It's not listed in the manual as a supported resolution, but I'm curious if anyone has attempted it. Someone asked the same question actually on the Geforce forum but it went unanswered.

I'm assuming it is indeed unsupported.
I think it does support [email protected] : This is the resolution I was using a couple of min. ago playing DOOM on a nVidia GTX 980ti with the 40inch JU7100. This is using the DVI output port of the video card (using a DVI to HDMI cable), but I believe this also works with HDMI to HDMI.
camilion705 likes this.
rendo is offline  
post #8018 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tampa8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Tampa/Eastern Ct
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by gparris View Post
So to get Netflix 4K HDR10 you have to go out and buy another device? Way to go, Samsung.
Glad it works for you, though, congrats.
Why do you assume it is a Samsung problem? DISH is having similar problems with Netflix. Samsung nor DISH control the actual App or when it gets updated, only Netflix does. When an app is not working correctly on an Android phone it's the maker of the App not Android or the Phone nearly all the time. (Always some exceptions)
With the OP saying the picture is so dark it's possible the HDR is not working correctly.
wildgator25 likes this.

Last edited by tampa8; 06-30-2016 at 01:24 PM.
tampa8 is offline  
post #8019 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Senior Member
 
gparris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Caledonia, WI
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If it's NOT Samsung's fault, only Netflix, what does it have against the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player? This ridiculous and it's obvious Netflix is ignoring us owners.
gparris is offline  
post #8020 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendo View Post
I think it does support [email protected] : This is the resolution I was using a couple of min. ago playing DOOM on a nVidia GTX 980ti with the 40inch JU7100. This is using the DVI output port of the video card (using a DVI to HDMI cable), but I believe this also works with HDMI to HDMI.
Beautiful. Thanks for that bit of info!
camilion705 is offline  
post #8021 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 03:18 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasan View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll try and update here.
Hey Sasan,

Go through my >> Picture Settings Guide <<

It explains in great detail how to properly adjust all the different settings on the TV. I also make several references to HDR in that Guide.

(It was written primarily for the JS Series, however most of it will still apply to the JU Series.)



Richard
tampa8, wildgator25 and stanhere like this.
King Richard is offline  
post #8022 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Lionheart of AVS
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenstone, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,287
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked: 4367
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post
Why do you assume it is a Samsung problem?...

Because Samsung already has the updated Netflix App (they've had it for a while now) and they've already rolled it out to the 2016 models.


Richard
King Richard is offline  
post #8023 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,180
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3997 Post(s)
Liked: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Because Samsung already has the updated Netflix App (they've had it for a while now) and they've already rolled it out to the 2016 models.


Richard
And only works on the newer Tizen!

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #8024 of 10368 Old 06-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasan View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll try and update here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Hey Sasan,

Go through my >> <<

It explains in great detail how to properly adjust all the different settings on the TV. I also make several references to HDR in that Guide.

(It was written primarily for the JS Series, however most of it will still apply to the JU Series.)



Richard
Thanks guys. I think I now educated myself little bit and now the hdr content quality is much better than before. Gamma values as well as smart led adjustment helped alot.
dlbsyst and King Richard like this.
Sasan is offline  
post #8025 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilion705 View Post
Yes that's right but I want to know about 1440p (2560×1440). It's not listed in the manual as a supported resolution, but I'm curious if anyone has attempted it. Someone asked the same question actually on the Geforce forum but it went unanswered.

I'm assuming it is indeed unsupported.
Create a personalized resolution in Nvidia control panel for 1440P @ 60hz.
Have in mind that the picture is darker than other resolutions - you may have to increase brightness on the tv or in-game.
Zumb is offline  
post #8026 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumb View Post
Create a personalized resolution in Nvidia control panel for 1440P @ 60hz.
Have in mind that the picture is darker than other resolutions - you may have to increase brightness on the tv or in-game.
One thing I keep forgetting: your pc must be in 1080P to be able to create the personalized resolution.
Zumb is offline  
post #8027 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tampa8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Tampa/Eastern Ct
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richard View Post
Because Samsung already has the updated Netflix App (they've had it for a while now) and they've already rolled it out to the 2016 models.


Richard
That updated Netflix App was written, by Netflix, to only work on Samsung TV's 2016 and going forward with the newer Tizen version. I have no reason to believe Samsung is purposely not allowing it to be put onto earlier TV's other than it isn't compatible.
I again compare to DISH who has been waiting on Netflix for many months for their APP on a 4K Joey. Netflix has no app compatible (as it does for the Hopper part of the same system) let alone the 4K one.

Last edited by tampa8; 07-01-2016 at 11:34 AM.
tampa8 is offline  
post #8028 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Member
 
rynozebz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a 75 inch 7100 last night but now Best Buy is saying it's backordered. Maybe I missed the boat. I'm not seeing any other 75 inches cheaper or similarly priced that really wow me. $3600 (and that's with taxes) really topped out my budget and wife meter. Haha! I'd go with a P series Vizio but with the tax I'd be reaching into the 4 thousand dollar rage and I just can't do it. Any thoughts or ideas? I mainly play console video games on my TV but also watch quite a bit of BluRay and streaming content. Kinda concerned about the motion blur/judder on the set because of all the gaming.

I currently have a 58inch Plasma Samsung that I love. 1080p and looks great. Just wish it was larger.
davidkrocks likes this.

Last edited by rynozebz; 07-01-2016 at 12:43 PM.
rynozebz is offline  
post #8029 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynozebz View Post
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a 75 inch 7100 last night but now Best Buy is saying it's backordered. Maybe I missed the boat. I'm not seeing any other 75 inches cheaper or similarly priced that really wow me. $3600 (and that's with taxes) really topped out my budget and wife meter. Haha! I'd go with a P series Vizio but with the tax I'd be reaching into the 4 thousand dollar rage and I just can't do it. Any thoughts or ideas? I mainly play console video games on my TV but also watch quite a bit of BluRay and streaming content. Kinda concerned about the motion blur/judder on the set because of all the gaming.

I currently have a 58inch Plasma Samsung that I love. 1080p and looks great. Just wish it was larger.
Are you looking to buy online or in store? You might be able to buy directly from Samsung since it looks like just about everyone else is backordered online for some reason on most Samsung series televisions. Right now the Vizio P Series is on sale for $3800 at Best Buy, but their exclusivity is coming to an end soon. So with there not being much of a price difference it might be best to put yourself in a holding pattern unless the JU7100 is what you need. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going with last years 75" J6300 1080P, the 7100 or something else like the 8000 or 9000 in a 65" for the same price points? Something tells me if I don't have a 75" on my wall I'm going to be disappointed. I'm just not sure if I need a 4K
davidkrocks likes this.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
The_Donster is offline  
post #8030 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Member
 
rynozebz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Are you looking to buy online or in store? You might be able to buy directly from Samsung since it looks like just about everyone else is backordered online for some reason on most Samsung series televisions. Right now the Vizio P Series is on sale for $3800 at Best Buy, but their exclusivity is coming to an end soon. So with there not being much of a price difference it might be best to put yourself in a holding pattern unless the JU7100 is what you need. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going with last years 75" J6300 1080P, the 7100 or something else like the 8000 or 9000 in a 65" for the same price points? Something tells me if I don't have a 75" on my wall I'm going to be disappointed. I'm just not sure if I need a 4K
I feel similar regarding the 75 inch TV vs the 65. I mean, my 58 doesn't feel small. I feel like if I don't reach for the size I really want it's not worth an upgrade until OLED prices fall. I was also tempted to choose a 65 inch TV that had better PQ and price vs the size. But I'd rather have it all, of course. I toyed with the idea of also going with a 1080p set and forgoing 4k for now. But I also know that my wife will give me a lot of grief if I try to upgrade again in a couple years. I treat TV purchases like, "Spend as much as I can and as big as I want now because I know this will be it for 5-6 years." So I'm kind of wanting to future proof the purchase a little bit at least.

I looked online and just want to make sure I could get it from a retailer I trust. I saw that Samsung had them for the same price. But If I purchase through Best Buy I'll get over $200 back in reward certificates. I know there are games coming up that I'd like to buy so that'd be worth it to me since I'll be spending that cash anyway. In some form of twisted logic I see it as about $200 carved off the $3600 bill since I know I'll be spending that money later.

I took a look at the 6500 and it seemed alright. A little concerned about the judder/motion tho as it's only rated at 60hz. I watched in store content on it and it didn't look terrible. But it was clear to me that the 7100 unit they had seemed sharper and handled motion better.

I also thought the Sony 850D looked great in stores even tho it's obviously a bit duller. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on that one if this doesn't work. But I'm coming from a Plasma that I use in a dimly lit room. I could see me being very angry at night watching content on it if the TV has crappy blacks.

Ugh. I hate TV shopping almost as much as car shopping. But hoping it will all be worth it once that mega display is set up in my basement!

EDIT:
Just as I posted this comment I received this email. Best Buy is trolling me. Just an ad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 3.08.42 PM.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1523506  
tampa8 and The_Donster like this.

Last edited by rynozebz; 07-01-2016 at 01:09 PM.
rynozebz is offline  
post #8031 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynozebz View Post
I feel similar regarding the 75 inch TV vs the 65. I mean, my 58 doesn't feel small. I feel like if I don't reach for the size I really want it's not worth an upgrade until OLED prices fall. I was also tempted to choose a 65 inch TV that had better PQ and price vs the size. But I'd rather have it all, of course. I toyed with the idea of also going with a 1080p set and forgoing 4k for now. But I also know that my wife will give me a lot of grief if I try to upgrade again in a couple years. I treat TV purchases like, "Spend as much as I can and as big as I want now because I know this will be it for 5-6 years." So I'm kind of wanting to future proof the purchase a little bit at least.

Spoiler!
Sounds like we've had similar experiences, but my wife is pushing for the bigger television and knows that eventually whatever I get is going into another room once the price drop and the tech's bugs are worked out. I hear you on the judder, but I've got a buddy who has a 55" J6300 and he's got no complaints. Another buddy has the 65" HU8550 and I loved the reviews on it. It wasn't as rounded as some of the others are when it comes to movies and gaming. I definitely agree that the 7100 looked good when I saw it last night at the Magnolia section of BB. I just wish the price was lower. Otherwise I might as well follow my advice and wait for the prices to drop on the P Series.

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
The_Donster is offline  
post #8032 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tampa8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Tampa/Eastern Ct
Posts: 1,101
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 153
tampa8 is offline  
post #8033 of 10368 Old 07-01-2016, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PACNW
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 884
Unfortunately I've not been able to find the 75" below $3000

Official Samsung KS8000/8500 Owners Information PDF
Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
The_Donster is offline  
post #8034 of 10368 Old 07-02-2016, 05:52 AM
Member
 
David Jacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: new jersey
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So I just took deliver of the 65 inch model. I noticed it has IH02 panel. Didn't get lucky with a Samsung panel. Anybody know who makes this one? Anybody here have one of these panels? Any problems with it?
David Jacobs is offline  
post #8035 of 10368 Old 07-02-2016, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wildgator25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina
Posts: 1,079
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post
Thanks for the info! I wonder how long it will take for someone to come along and bash this site's review, you know, cause the 7100 has poor blacks and lag and whatnot...
tampa8 likes this.
wildgator25 is offline  
post #8036 of 10368 Old 07-02-2016, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,180
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3997 Post(s)
Liked: 3172
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa8 View Post
Thanks - forwarded it to the wife, since it's her set. I just get to calibrate it, and watch occasionally

Carried forward from a long ago posting:

http://4k.mediamanhost.com/#bk-samsung

LG 4K HDR OLED Chess Demo now available for downloading.
I found this to be the best demo of the current LG 4K OLED Demos.
On my HU9000 + SEK - Kings gold dressing showed a tinge of glimmer on the gold. JU7100 - quite a bit! Very good HDR Demo!

http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=145
tampa8 likes this.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 07-02-2016 at 10:13 AM.
p5browne is offline  
post #8037 of 10368 Old 07-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
MrRoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicagoland Area
Posts: 298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jacobs View Post
So I just took deliver of the 65 inch model. I noticed it has IH02 panel. Didn't get lucky with a Samsung panel. Anybody know who makes this one? Anybody here have one of these panels? Any problems with it?


Innolux makes it. Its fine, I have one and have no issues. If you read in this thread there are many of us who have this panel and enjoy the tv.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tampa8 and ml2517 like this.
MrRoy is online now  
post #8038 of 10368 Old 07-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoy View Post
Innolux makes it. Its fine, I have one and have no issues. If you read in this thread there are many of us who have this panel and enjoy the tv.
Does Innolux also make the JH02? I'm really happy with the screen uniformity on my set, but was curious who manufactured the panel as I haven't seen anyone post this code.
kesselrig is offline  
post #8039 of 10368 Old 07-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
samsung JU7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jacobs View Post
So I just took deliver of the 65 inch model. I noticed it has IH02 panel. Didn't get lucky with a Samsung panel. Anybody know who makes this one? Anybody here have one of these panels? Any problems with it?


I have the 65 inch with the IH02. No issues for me, I love it. I'm still using ArchonX last settings and have not gone into the service menu, no reason to potentially brick the tv and void warranty for possibly a barely noticeable picture improvement, it's already good enough. You will be happy with the purchase. From what I have read it is an innolux panel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrRoy and ml2517 like this.

Last edited by Colin779; 07-02-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Colin779 is offline  
post #8040 of 10368 Old 07-03-2016, 04:23 AM
Member
 
David Jacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: new jersey
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin779 View Post
I have the 65 inch with the IH02. No issues for me, I love it. I'm still using ArchonX last settings and have not gone into the service menu, no reason to potentially brick the tv and void warranty for possibly a barely noticeable picture improvement, it's already good enough. You will be happy with the purchase. From what I have read it is an innolux panel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the info. I see a lot of people talking about ArchconX settings. I can't seem to find them though. Do you have a link the the post where they are?

Thanks
David Jacobs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
4k tv , JU7100 , samsumg , Samsung , uhd

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off